PDA

View Full Version : New Glassjaw song

JimmyF1982
12-01-2008, 08:48 AM
@ www.glassjaw.com

it takes forever to kick in so give it a few minutes. i thought it was a loop at first, of just cymbols, but the song eventually kicks in.

initial reaction was great. i dug the hell out of the song but i only listened to it once so far.

Jim.
12-01-2008, 08:52 AM
It's sooooooooo good.

JimmyF1982
12-01-2008, 03:58 PM
*bump* for the nite crew

augie680
12-01-2008, 04:19 PM
I'm excited to hear it when I get home from work.

Wasn't Palumbo supposed to have like 5 albums out this year with his various projects?

EdNEMO
12-01-2008, 04:26 PM
The symbols for the first 20 minutes is awful! And then the "singing" started and I remembered why I don't listen to new music. Thank you for showing me the error of my ways. I will now go back to listening to my old fogey bands...like the Misfits, Bad Religion, and the Descendents.

Kurt Russell Crowe
12-01-2008, 04:43 PM
Head Automatica is about eighteen trillion times more deserving of his effort.

TheKraken
12-01-2008, 04:50 PM
*bump* for the nite crew

Thanks! I was going to listen to this when I got home and then promptly forgot about it. :)

Reaction: Interesting. I read an interview with Justin recently in which he suggested the heavier stuff they'd recorded probably wasn't going to be on the album anymore, so I wasn't expecting this. Pretty kick ass, tho'. Seems like working on the United Nations stuff may have influenced Daryl some. I remain excited about its eventual release.

TheKraken
12-01-2008, 04:52 PM
Head Automatica is about eighteen trillion times more deserving of his effort.

I might've at least considered that notion if Popaganda hadn't been so wildly uneven. But it was. With 2 fantastic Glassjaw albums, 1 fantastic Head Automatica album and 1 ok Head Automatica album to his credit, I'm gonna side with Glassjaw.

Jim.
12-01-2008, 05:07 PM
Thanks! I was going to listen to this when I got home and then promptly forgot about it. :)

Reaction: Interesting. I read an interview with Justin recently in which he suggested the heavier stuff they'd recorded probably wasn't going to be on the album anymore, so I wasn't expecting this. Pretty kick ass, tho'. Seems like working on the United Nations stuff may have influenced Daryl some. I remain excited about its eventual release.
This song is a couple of years old, they were playing it live.