PDA

View Full Version : I have a new squirell friend

bachman
11-29-2008, 10:17 AM
I throw peanuts onto my small, one-bedroom apartment concrete patio outside of my sliding glass door. He eats them. He's awesome.

ZombieSpeedball
11-29-2008, 10:20 AM
Did you say squirrel stew?

bachman
11-29-2008, 10:20 AM
Did you say squirrel stew?

:mad:

ZombieSpeedball
11-29-2008, 10:22 AM
:mad:

Kidding. Enjoy Secret Squirrel.

bachman
11-29-2008, 10:25 AM
Kidding. Enjoy Secret Squirrel.

Now there's another one. I'm now thinking that this will eventually lead to my untimely demise. That, or I'll somehow get to meet Squirell Girl.

c. page
11-29-2008, 10:26 AM
did you name him monkey joe?

bachman
11-29-2008, 10:31 AM
did you name him monkey joe?

Yes!

Jeez, they're still hanging around, these are some fatass squirells.
I wonder how my neighbors will feel about all this.

Donal DeLay
11-29-2008, 10:32 AM
Squirrels are awesome pets. Used to have one til he died. He bit anyone that tried to pet him except for me and my wife. we'd let him run around our apartment.

He'd skutter all over the back of the couch playing peek-a-boo, then if I got up to get a drink he'd JUMP onto my back and skutter around my shoulder until I sat back down.

Adorable as hell.

SpecialK
11-29-2008, 10:32 AM
Yes!

Jeez, they're still hanging around, these are some fatass squirells.
I wonder how my neighbors will feel about all this.

They might suspect that you're forming a squirrel army. Try to make it more subtle.

NickT
11-29-2008, 10:33 AM
We had two in our garden. Now some others have started moving in, and they fight. It's like the Sopranos, if Gandolfini wanted nuts and had a large bushy tail.

bachman
11-29-2008, 10:34 AM
They might suspect that you're forming a squirrel army. Try to make it more subtle.

That's-, well that's just absurd.

:scared:

bachman
11-29-2008, 10:36 AM
Squirrels are awesome pets. Used to have one til he died. He bit anyone that tried to pet him except for me and my wife. we'd let him run around our apartment.

He'd skutter all over the back of the couch playing peek-a-boo, then if I got up to get a drink he'd JUMP onto my back and skutter around my shoulder until I sat back down.

Adorable as hell.

Awesome! Now you've made me consider letting one in.

My girlfriend is coming over in a few hours, how awesome would it be if she walked in and I had turned myself into The Squirell King.

c. page
11-29-2008, 10:39 AM

My girlfriend is coming over in a few hours, how awesome would it be if she walked in and I had turned myself into The Squirell King.

just make sure not to fuck with their nuts.

Spidey616
11-29-2008, 10:48 AM
Could it be.....Monkey Joe....ALIVE!?!??!?!?!?!
;)

Ben
11-29-2008, 11:40 AM
All his neighbors are going to notice. You're screwed.

Roman Noodles
11-29-2008, 11:42 AM
We had two in our garden. Now some others have started moving in, and they fight. It's like the Sopranos, if Gandolfini wanted nuts and had a large bushy tail.

I'm not even gonna go there. :lol:

Donal DeLay
11-29-2008, 02:13 PM

Bit of advice? Do it gradually if you want to domesticate one.

Sit on the porch and toss some peanut on the other side. Each day you do this, put the peanuts closer to you until eventually they are in a bowl on your lap.

Then in your hand. Then feed them for a week or so from your hand and try to pet them as you do.

Eventually, it won't be affraid of you and will realize you're nice. Don't let one into your house until you feel it's grown comfortable with you. As in, it sits on your shoulder to eat, and groom itself. Maybe hangs around you when you don't have food.

It'll take a while.

The one we had was a rescue baby. My sister-in-law's cat killed the mother and was carrying this infant (who hadn't even opened it's eyes yet) into the house in it's mouth. My wife and I cleaned him up, and fed him baby formula through a dropper as we held him on our chest.

jamestolliver
11-29-2008, 02:31 PM
Bit of advice? Do it gradually if you want to domesticate one.

Sit on the porch and toss some peanut on the other side. Each day you do this, put the peanuts closer to you until eventually they are in a bowl on your lap.

Then in your hand. Then feed them for a week or so from your hand and try to pet them as you do.

Eventually, it won't be affraid of you and will realize you're nice. Don't let one into your house until you feel it's grown comfortable with you. As in, it sits on your shoulder to eat, and groom itself. Maybe hangs around you when you don't have food.

It'll take a while.

The one we had was a rescue baby. My sister-in-law's cat killed the mother and was carrying this infant (who hadn't even opened it's eyes yet) into the house in it's mouth. My wife and I cleaned him up, and fed him baby formula through a dropper as we held him on our chest.

was it always out or did it have cage or something? I imagine it was impossible to train it not to go to the bathroom everywhere and anywhere.

Donal DeLay
11-29-2008, 02:36 PM
was it always out or did it have cage or something? I imagine it was impossible to train it not to go to the bathroom everywhere and anywhere. He had a cage I built. It was two-tiered, made of chickenwire so he could skitter around and climb and stuff. had a little nest-nook on one side that he slept in. Brach hanging from the top. the cage was about 6'x3'x2' with each level being 3' high.

He would go to the bathroom anywhere he was, except ON me. :D Never once did he poo or pee on me. but he did on other people. I felt special.

Pat Shatner
11-29-2008, 03:10 PM
Fuck squirrels. Get a possum.

shoelaceless
11-29-2008, 03:14 PM
Donal, that is fucking amazing. I love squirrels.

Kingsumo
11-29-2008, 03:15 PM
Hm.. Bachman needs to come back and let us know how his foray into becoming the squirrel king is going.

And that was a nice story Donal.. What did you end up doing with the little fella?

jamestolliver
11-29-2008, 03:21 PM
He had a cage I built. It was two-tiered, made of chickenwire so he could skitter around and climb and stuff. had a little nest-nook on one side that he slept in. Brach hanging from the top. the cage was about 6'x3'x2' with each level being 3' high.

He would go to the bathroom anywhere he was, except ON me. :D Never once did he poo or pee on me. but he did on other people. I felt special.

ahhh okay. That's pretty cool.

Donal DeLay
11-29-2008, 03:23 PM
Hm.. Bachman needs to come back and let us know how his foray into becoming the squirrel king is going.

And that was a nice story Donal.. What did you end up doing with the little fella? We had him for 4 years. He eventually died of old age. Male squirrels have a 2-3yr lifespan. Lived well beyond his time.

Kingsumo
11-29-2008, 03:24 PM
We had him for 4 years. He eventually died of old age. Male squirrels have a 2-3yr lifespan. Lived well beyond his time.

Aw shit. Sorry, I probably should have realized that before asking.

Sounds like you gave him a good life though.

Donal DeLay
11-29-2008, 03:28 PM
Aw shit. Sorry, I probably should have realized that before asking.

Sounds like you gave him a good life though. It's okay. It was 3 years ago. And I pampered the HELL out of that little guy. I'd give him candy corn on occassion. He'd go apeshit over it. anytime someone would try to pet him if he was eating he'd bit the crap out of their hands, but me and the wife got to pet him.

Unless he had candy corn. He wouldn't bite us, but he'd turn his back to us and growl. It was cute.

Kingsumo
11-29-2008, 03:38 PM
It's okay. It was 3 years ago. And I pampered the HELL out of that little guy. I'd give him candy corn on occassion. He'd go apeshit over it. anytime someone would try to pet him if he was eating he'd bit the crap out of their hands, but me and the wife got to pet him.

Unless he had candy corn. He wouldn't bite us, but he'd turn his back to us and growl. It was cute.

That is adorable. Certainly knew who mom and dad were too it seems. :)

PimpSlapStick!
11-29-2008, 03:59 PM
Heh..I actually find that kinda cute, just don't let it get used too being feed by you then a whole gang of them little bitches will be knocking down yo' door

Brandon191
11-29-2008, 04:07 PM
MMMMMMMMMMMMM, squirrel melts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RlK0Xd4c2c

Modok Gas
11-29-2008, 05:16 PM
I had a bunch of them outside my old apartment. There was a scary looking one in the bunch that had a glassy eye.

Spidey616
11-29-2008, 05:58 PM
Don't mess with squirrels ;)

http://www.geocities.com/druj_nasu/Doom_squirreled.JPG

jason hissong
11-29-2008, 06:09 PM
Don't mess with squirrels ;)

http://www.geocities.com/druj_nasu/Doom_squirreled.JPG

I used to have that comic.

Caley Tibbittz
11-29-2008, 06:55 PM
I miss my squirrel. She was this rugged little thing, missing chunks of ear and middle right toe. I used to feed her at the back door of my home office. As I type this, I can see the half-inch scar on my index finger form the time she bit me (it was my fault; I tried to hand feed her as she hung off the gutter). I helped her through a couple of lean, icy winters, so she lived a good, long squirrel life.

hotdogdownahallway
11-29-2008, 07:28 PM
http://thedeathofprint.com/2008/08/21/roadkill.jpg