PDA

View Full Version : The Xtacles, help needed!

nealbo400
11-14-2008, 08:34 AM
http://www.gunaxin.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/xtacle_poster.jpg

Hey folks,

Our show premiered last week... and it did not do well. There was a ratings drop between our show and Superjail (which preceded it), with us pulling a .7 when we needed a 1. This is bad. Like cancel the show bad. Not sure if you guys have heard yet, but the economy kind of blows right now, so the network is under a lot of pressure to deliver high ratings. Right now, we're perched on the bubble of cancellation and that scares the utter shit out of me.

What can you do? Watch the second premiere, tonight at midnight. Watch online. Spread the word. Tell your friends, enemies and secret crushes. Tell anyone and everyone.

We love this show. To end it on the second episode would be heartbreaking, to say the least. But we're not there yet, it's not dead, just in trouble, and we're not going to just let it end with a whisper. We're still working on the rest of the season, with episodes coming up featuring Mecha-Constable, Mr. Fancypants, Dr. Cat-tastrophe, and MagniFry. We're on the cusp of good times, we just need a little push over this hill.

Many, many thanks in advance for your help, it is greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Neal

Dan
11-14-2008, 08:34 AM
Now that I know such a thing exists, I will watch it online today!

Oh, and is it on iTunes? Because I bought the last season of Frisky Dingo, so I should have this too.

Dr. Hackenbush
11-14-2008, 09:17 AM
Low ratings boosh.

I will watch (again).

Raphael J
11-14-2008, 09:52 AM
Most definitely. Sorry to hear things are rough for the show. Hopefully things turn around.

Joe Henderson
11-14-2008, 10:21 AM
Man, that sucks.

I've spread the word and will continue to--it would be a shame to lose it.

Watch it, everyone! Some of the funniest stuff on TV!

Jonathan Callan
11-14-2008, 10:40 AM
Is this by the same pair that did Sealab and Frisky Dingo or is it a spin-off with a new writing staff?

nealbo400
11-14-2008, 10:48 AM
Thanks guys, we really appreciate it.

It's the same group minus Adam Reed, who's moved to a script advisor position while he's on walkabout.

Jonathan Callan
11-14-2008, 11:47 AM
Thanks guys, we really appreciate it.

It's the same group minus Adam Reed, who's moved to a script advisor position while he's on walkabout.

I'm in then.

And is he really on walkabout?

PS. Since none of us have Nielson boxes what can we do to actually help? Does internet traffic help you guys out? Cause I'll go watch that shit right now.

Dr. Hackenbush
11-14-2008, 12:03 PM
These are the people that brought us "All Up In It with Chubby Cox." The least we can do is watch Xtacles.

Shade
11-14-2008, 12:07 PM
if internet traffic helps I'll watch it a bunch of times.

btw, that link leads to Moral Oral.

Blane
11-14-2008, 12:14 PM
I watched it 4 times already online. It's hilarious. I'll pass the link on to my friends.

nealbo400
11-14-2008, 01:16 PM
Looks like they took it down from the Adult Swim site ... not exactly sure what to think about that, might be nothing considering it comes on tonight.

Online views and various word of mouth absolutely helps. There's clips up on You Tube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFU2hFZ1wko), and I'm sure if they had a bajillion hits, we wouldn't even be worried.

nealbo400
11-14-2008, 01:16 PM
And I really can't say thanks enough, guys.

Dr. Hackenbush
11-14-2008, 01:40 PM
Looks like they took it down from the Adult Swim site ... not exactly sure what to think about that, might be nothing considering it comes on tonight.

Online views and various word of mouth absolutely helps. There's clips up on You Tube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFU2hFZ1wko), and I'm sure if they had a bajillion hits, we wouldn't even be worried.

On the website, they switch out all the first run episodes that air on Sundays every Friday afternoon. I wouldn't read too much into it. It's just how the website does their scheduling.

Dan
11-14-2008, 04:46 PM
Damn it! I just went looking for it too.

But the YouTube stuff, definitely funny.

Nick Hale
11-14-2008, 05:13 PM
Sonova, I didn't even realize it had already premiered. i'll make sure to watch it tonight, even if it means i gotta quit playin Gears 2 for a bit!

Joe Henderson
11-14-2008, 06:15 PM
I've got to say, for a show that's 100% nerd bait, they haven't given you guys much of an interwebz presence at all. I googled 'xtacles' and didn't even get a main webpage that came up. In fact, like the 7th entry was a yahoo question of 'when will the xtacles premiere?'

I also couldn't find any mention of it on the Adult Swim website--it's not even listed as a show, as far as I can tell. How do they expect to get anyone to watch a show no one can even find?

Zack_Hunter
11-14-2008, 06:57 PM
I'd say the writing is as strong as the sealab days and frisky dingo. I get a kick out of the more done in one style though, which changes things up from the constant continuing plot of frisky dingo.

I really hope it catches on. The show deserves it. The guys had one of the first shows on adult swim and have always brought quality to the network.

nealbo400
11-14-2008, 07:59 PM
Xtacles on, now-ish!!!

Nick Hale
11-14-2008, 08:28 PM
I watched, hopefully you guys got the ratings you need. Funny, funny stuff.

If this hits Itunes I'll definitely be getting it to go along with Frisky Dingo season 1&2 on my new Touch :)

nealbo400
11-14-2008, 08:32 PM
Thanks Nick!

Joe- Yeah, I agree, and it's disheartening, BUT that's kind of the model Adult Swim follows. They put a lot of effort into marketing the series that win their audience, so first year series rarely get big pushes right out of the gate. Frisky Dingo had the same thing, but the economy was better, and we had more of a chance to win an audience.

Briomega
11-14-2008, 08:44 PM
Man, I hope it can pick up the audience it needs. You guys rock.

Btw, is Frisky Season 2 DVD out yet or coming soon?

nealbo400
11-14-2008, 08:46 PM
Man, I hope it can pick up the audience it needs. You guys rock.

Btw, is Frisky Season 2 DVD out yet or coming soon?

Thanks, man, me too.

At one point the dvd was supposed to be out in September. Last I've heard was a January release.

Briomega
11-14-2008, 08:57 PM
Thanks, man, me too.

At one point the dvd was supposed to be out in September. Last I've heard was a January release.

Sweet.

jugglersdespair
11-14-2008, 09:01 PM
Dammit. I tried watching last week but I fell asleep. It's not that I didn't like it, I was tired from watching football all day. I see it's going to be showing again on Cartoon Network West at 2 a.m. I'll see if I can make until then. Not sure if me watching it makes a difference but I'll try anyway.

FedEx Fanboy
11-14-2008, 09:56 PM
Awesome show. Motherfuckers need to watch it!!!

So I just looked at an AS schedule and the 3rd episode isn't even scheduled to air???

WTF? I've never seen AS do that before. Assy McGee and that retarded show Xavier: Renegade Angel both get 2 full seasons and we can't even get a full run of Xtacles? Bullshit.

Shade
11-15-2008, 01:54 AM
Awesome show. Motherfuckers need to watch it!!!

So I just looked at an AS schedule and the 3rd episode isn't even scheduled to air???

WTF? I've never seen AS do that before. Assy McGee and that retarded show Xavier: Renegade Angel both get 2 full seasons and we can't even get a full run of Xtacles? Bullshit.

I think this was just a trial run, with the actual premier later on.

and I can not believe Xavier: Renegade Angel got a second season.

Nick Hale
11-15-2008, 06:05 AM
Yeah the main reason I didn't catch the initial premiere was because there's so much shit I don't like on AS anymore that I just don't watch it. About the only thing I watch is re-runs of the older shows from when I was in college (Sea Lab, Brak Show, etc), Frisky Dingo re-runs, and now this. though I've seen a few eps of Venture Brother's and like it, I've not taken the time to sit down and watch all of that.

half guard
11-15-2008, 07:18 AM
For the most part is was brilliant, but there were some parts from both eps that felt forced.

The two home runs imo:

The Yeti revenge pledge at the end of the first one and Rape Ape in the second; the concept, not the actual ape. The ape with the glass of wine at the end was one of the parts that felt forced. It would have gone over a lot better if he wouldn't have spoken. That ruined an otherwise hilarious moment imo.

Blane
11-15-2008, 09:23 AM
I watched last night. Hilarious stuff.

nealbo400
11-15-2008, 11:00 AM
Rape Ape? How can you not laugh at Rape Ape, c'mon!!!

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g294/nealholman/Xtacles/RapeApe.jpg

nealbo400
11-15-2008, 11:01 AM
But thanks for watching and the crits, they're much appreciated.

Raphael J
11-15-2008, 11:06 AM
...I don't like how Rape Ape is looking at me.

Joe Henderson
11-16-2008, 08:45 PM
But thanks for watching and the crits, they're much appreciated.

So any word on if/when we'll get a third episode, and how the Friday night relaunch went?

nealbo400
11-17-2008, 03:22 PM
Nah, no word just yet. The numbers are out, I'm sure, but have yet to be made public. Thanks for all the help guys.

half guard
11-17-2008, 03:54 PM
Rape Ape? How can you not laugh at Rape Ape, c'mon!!!

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g294/nealholman/Xtacles/RapeApe.jpg

I did love Rape Ape. I just thought he would have been more funny if he hadn't spoken. The reveal was great, but the "did you see what he was wearing? he was asking for it." line kind of killed it imo.

Blane
11-30-2008, 09:34 AM
Any word if we're getting more Xtacles?

Kirblar
11-30-2008, 09:52 AM
Honestly, I think you guys are being dragged down by the really shit programming they've put on over the past few years- it's caused a lot of people to stop watching, so of course the numbers are bad.

Assy McGee, Stroker n Hoop, 12 oz Mouse, Squidbillies just don't compare to ATHF, Sealab, Harvey Birdman.

FedEx Fanboy
11-30-2008, 11:21 AM
Honestly, I think you guys are being dragged down by the really shit programming they've put on over the past few years- it's caused a lot of people to stop watching, so of course the numbers are bad.

Assy McGee, Stroker n Hoop, 12 oz Mouse, Squidbillies just don't compare to ATHF, Sealab, Harvey Birdman.

Those first 3 do suck, but Squidbillies fucking rules!!!

Zack_Hunter
11-30-2008, 11:29 AM

The four you listed are actually pretty good if you try to sit down and watch them.

Squidbillies and 12 oz mouse are both connected to the original shows listed.

Stroker and hoop was really good and assy actually grows on you after a while. Especially the voice acting.

TheChronoTrigger
11-30-2008, 12:08 PM

Like some others, I think Squidbillies does have a way of growing on you. Any Dan Halen heavy episode usually has a few chuckles.

Dr. Hackenbush
11-30-2008, 12:40 PM

Hey now, Assy and Squidbillies are cool.

Kirblar
11-30-2008, 08:11 PM
The four you listed are actually pretty good if you try to sit down and watch them.

Squidbillies and 12 oz mouse are both connected to the original shows listed.

Stroker and hoop was really good and assy actually grows on you after a while. Especially the voice acting.
Squidbillies is definitely the best of the 4- I find the others unwatchable though (and I've tried to watch em.)

Adrian B AWESOME
11-30-2008, 08:17 PM
I remember the days when people loved Aqua Teen and Sealab because there weren't lame lowest common denomonater Seth McFarlene shows on...

Zack_Hunter
11-30-2008, 08:47 PM
Squidbillies is definitely the best of the 4- I find the others unwatchable though (and I've tried to watch em.)

It honestly depends on which episodes you watch. Assy at first was unwatchable but like the 3rd or the 4th episode it really started to improve.

Stroker and Hoop in my opinion is pretty underrated, but a lot of the jokes are dated to certain times.

12 oz mouse you really just had to shut your brain off, matt was really just fucking around when he wrote it, you could tell.

Briomega
11-30-2008, 08:50 PM
It honestly depends on which episodes you watch. Assy at first was unwatchable but like the 3rd or the 4th episode it really started to improve.

Stroker and Hoop in my opinion is pretty underrated, but a lot of the jokes are dated to certain times.

12 oz mouse you really just had to shut your brain off, matt was really just fucking around when he wrote it, you could tell.

I gave up on Assy. I just couldn't get into it at all. Absolutely loved Stroker and wish there were more.

12 oz. mouse, though. Maybe if I was high I'd enjoy it. :lol:

Kirblar
11-30-2008, 08:54 PM
"Good God call all of the pet stores immediately!" is still one of my favorite punchlines ever.

Caley Tibbittz
11-30-2008, 09:37 PM
I actually kind of liked 12 Oz. Mouse. Not enough to be bothered to make it a regular viewing habit but the two or three I've seen were okay.