PDA

View Full Version : kidney stones

Rich Lozano
10-15-2008, 11:39 AM
i think i might have kidney stones and it sucks!!!!!

Ryan F
10-15-2008, 11:47 AM
This is one of my greatest fears. Godspeed. May your penis's suffering be mild.

Dr. Blasphemy
10-15-2008, 11:47 AM
I had them before and it was the WORST pain EVER!
(Freaking dark soda got me)

It was the worst..I sat in the hospital bed and just gripped the side rail and said "Mother Fucker" over and over...

And the pain isnt in your cock (Until you pass it that is) the pain is in your back...Well, kidneys.

tdaniel
10-15-2008, 11:48 AM
you'll know for sure when you start vomiting and sweating. hang in there, about 24-72 hrs.

Dr. Blasphemy
10-15-2008, 11:50 AM
If you go to the hospital- MORPHINE RULES!

tdaniel
10-15-2008, 11:52 AM
If you go to the hospital- MORPHINE RULES!

They slammed it in my arm immediately. First time ever, a great warm feeling that let me sleep for about 45 mins. Recommended.

Dr. Blasphemy
10-15-2008, 11:59 AM
yeah..Its good stuff...They gave me the little "clicker" and I kept clicking that fucker until i was in LA LA land!

JimmyF1982
10-15-2008, 11:59 AM
my dad just had two stints, 23 inchs long each, put in yesterday, that stretch from his bladder to his kidneys because he's got two monster stones. they put the stints in through his dick. :Panic:

Generic Poster
10-15-2008, 12:01 PM
I passed one about 10 years ago. It was extremely small, like, barely bigger than my urethra, but even that was unbelievably painful, like Superman was squeezing one of my kidneys into a diamond.

Brother Power the Gong
10-15-2008, 12:01 PM
Hurt like a fucking bitch. Took two shots of morphine and sedative before I calmed down and I still could feel it. Just heinous. Good luck.

Thudpucker
10-15-2008, 12:02 PM
I've passed 2, anout 5 years apart. Never went to the hospital but the second time I should have, worst experience of my life.

If you start to pass have sharp pains in your lower back (where your kidney is) go to the hospital immediately, don't do what I did.

copypastepuke
10-15-2008, 12:06 PM
ugh that sucks

a doctor my mother works with says its too much soda. stay away from soda!

Shannon Chenoweth
10-15-2008, 12:13 PM
Ugh, I feel for you. I had a stone last month and it was horrid.

SteveZegers
10-15-2008, 12:13 PM
I've had them. You never forget the first time you pee blood, and then pass out. They really are unbelieveably painful.

Evan the Shaggy
10-15-2008, 12:18 PM
Holy God! I'm giving up soda. Fuck that.

Kody
10-15-2008, 12:27 PM
Make sure your TheraFlu is completely dissolved before drinking.

Sean Jackson
10-15-2008, 12:27 PM
I've had a couple now, first one so big they had to go in and take it out. I never saw it but my wife says it was about the size of a 2 karat diamond.

Wost pain I've ever felt in my life. Now, I kinda know the warning signs when I'm about to get one, and I get my ass to the hospital right away. They seem to know when someone's in with a kidney stone and get them treated right away.

Rich Lozano
10-15-2008, 12:29 PM
Damn!!! You are scaring me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

M. Sean McManus
10-15-2008, 12:32 PM
A friend of mine gets stones every few months and he laughs about it. He's into pain.

Another friend of mine just back yesterday from surgery for a 7mm stone that cannot be destroyed. They have to go in again next week.

Dood Lee
10-15-2008, 12:37 PM
I've been pretty lucky. I've passed two stones now and they were relatively small. When you feel that sharp stinging pain in your lower back area, you definitely should get to a hospital.

GelfXIII
10-15-2008, 12:40 PM
I've had 'em twice. I feel your pain. For me it was 2-3 days of writhing on the ground in pain and waiting for the percoset to kick in. Sorry man.

Rich Lozano
10-15-2008, 01:24 PM
i have a doctor app. tomarrow at 8.

The Sentient Xbox
10-15-2008, 01:45 PM
I have a minor kidney issue that makes me have a good deal of these....had over 20 of them since I was 16 (26 years old now).

They suck very very badly, but I love the fact that when its gone its done. Post op pain can be rough, but nothing is as bad as the initial back pain when you get a good sized one.

dangercometh
10-15-2008, 02:09 PM
kidney stone pain but you're ok to post on the bendis board and make a scheduled appt for tomorrow? doesn't sound like it's as bad as everyone else is describing

Artie Pink
10-15-2008, 02:59 PM
I get them every couple years. I got hit pretty bad this summer after a rough sunburn (got dehydrated, etc).

Chug water, chug tea. Just keep filling up with liquid to push 'em out.

Rich Lozano
10-15-2008, 03:18 PM
kidney stone pain but you're ok to post on the bendis board and make a scheduled appt for tomorrow? doesn't sound like it's as bad as everyone else is describing

thats y i said they are scaring me!!

Sean Jackson
10-16-2008, 06:39 AM
My doctor said the best analogy for why it's so painful is 'Imagine trying to push a grain of sand though a strand of hair.'

Artie Pink
10-16-2008, 06:43 AM

It's tough to describe. It feels like it will kill you... but then an hour or two goes by and you're still alive. So you learn to get up and struggle through it.

I mean you could curl up and sob (and I do!), but at some point you have to get up and do stuff. There's very little treatment available until the stone has been around for a month. All you can do is suffer, try to drink it away, and get some painkillers.

McAfee
10-16-2008, 07:04 AM

I consider myself to have a higher-than-average pain threshold. Up until the age of 30, the worst pain I probably ever experienced was tearing a ligament in my knee (my lower leg was actually dislocated). Another time I even considered re-entering a high school football game on a broken leg, but I couldn't quite jog it off.

So when I was woken on an early February morning in 2006 with excruciating pain (that just would not go away) in my stomach and lower back, I actually thought I was going to die. I had absolutely no idea what was wrong with me because nobody had ever explained the pain of a kidney stone to me before. I was taken to the ER after a couple hours, and felt a little silly when I found out what it was all about. Then I had a woman tell me that when she had them they hurt more than giving birth. (I still don't know how that can be...)

It took about 2-3 weeks for mine to pass, and in that time I had a few bouts of dizzying pain. I hope I never get one again, but at least I know what to expect.

Roman Noodles
10-16-2008, 07:08 AM
Yeah, I'm never drinking a soda again. :shock:

Rich Lozano
10-16-2008, 07:08 AM
i am lucky!!! no kidney stones!!! instead i have a kidney infection and bladder infection.

Dr. Blasphemy
10-16-2008, 07:51 AM
Thats good news...I guess.

Btw guys- Its not ONLY soda that causes these things- granted that was MY problem, but my doc said there are many different reasons they are formed...Calcium is another biggie..
But overall stay away from DARK soda...

Ryudo
10-16-2008, 07:57 AM
my dad just had two stints, 23 inchs long each, put in yesterday, that stretch from his bladder to his kidneys because he's got two monster stones. they put the stints in through his dick. :Panic:

*shudder*

Sean Jackson
10-16-2008, 08:56 AM

I've had that done... it's worse coming out than going in.

Shannon Chenoweth
10-16-2008, 10:02 AM
i am lucky!!! no kidney stones!!! instead i have a kidney infection and bladder infection.

Drink lots of cranberry juice! If you can't stand it straight, dilute it with some water. Best thing for helping get rid of that crap. Feel better dude.

usagi20
10-16-2008, 10:48 AM
I passed one almost nine years ago. Worst. Pain. Ever. They say it's as close as a man can come to birthing a child and I believe them. You're basically passing a dense solid object through a very tiny hole that is designed to pass liquids, not solids. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

Rich Lozano
10-16-2008, 10:49 AM
Drink lots of cranberry juice! If you can't stand it straight, dilute it with some water. Best thing for helping get rid of that crap. Feel better dude.

thanks!!

usagi20
10-16-2008, 10:51 AM
Cranberry juice is good, but when I drink it, I mix it with vodka, so that probably cancels out the positive effects.

Mattman
10-16-2008, 10:56 AM
Jesus Christ I should have never clicked on this thread.

But at the same time I'm kind of glad I did. It's informative.

Hmm. I'm conflicted.