Valkyria Chronicles
Mirror's Edge
WOW: Wrath Of The Lich King
Left 4 Dead

Discuss. :D

Cactusakic
10-11-2008, 11:13 AM
Sounds about right.

The only ones I'm interested in myself are GoW2, Dead Space and Fallout 3, but judging from the talk in the 360 and PS3 threads around here, I'd say that's a fairly accurate list with regards to what people are looking forward to.

UltimateQuintessa
10-11-2008, 11:16 AM
Wow so now Wii games huh? Crazy.

Ashwin Pande
10-11-2008, 11:19 AM
Fallout 3 and Red Alert 3.

Is it worth waiting for Guitar Hero World Tour at this point and not buying Guitar Hero 3?

Greenville 90210
10-11-2008, 05:35 PM
I glanced at the list, saw Far Cry and Littlebigplanet, and thought "Fat Albert video game?!?! Weird!"

Heh.

Akira
10-11-2008, 05:39 PM
Wow so now Wii games huh? Crazy.

I can't even think of any Wii games coming out this Fall.

JMP
10-11-2008, 05:54 PM
I'd put the new Prince of Persia somewhere up there, but otherwise it looks about right.

I'll be getting a few of those.

JoeE
10-11-2008, 05:56 PM
Fallout 3 and Red Alert 3.

Is it worth waiting for Guitar Hero World Tour at this point and not buying Guitar Hero 3?

Yes, GH3 is a turd of a game and I don't think Rock Band is available in India anyway.

JoeE
10-11-2008, 06:00 PM
God, so many great games coming out. I'm definitely getting Mirror's Edge, Fallout 3, Fable II, LittleBigPlanet, Left 4 Dead, Gears 2, and Valkyria Chronicles, and I may get Far Cry 2 and Dead Space also. This whole season is absolutely impoverishing.

Ashwin Pande
10-11-2008, 06:13 PM
Hmm. Guitar Hero World Tour has a pretty cool tracklist.

You can get a package if you just want the guitar and not the other instruments right?

Criden
10-11-2008, 06:15 PM
Interesting that they're almost all sequels.

Amos Moses
10-11-2008, 06:55 PM
Kind of anxious to see what Far Cry 2 has to offer, but I'm dreading the overdue upgrade I need. Oh PC Gaming, why must you taunt me with thy price tag!

Can't wait for Fallout 3 too, even if I was underwhelmed by some of the gameplay footage.

Brewtown Andy
10-11-2008, 07:28 PM
Hmm. Guitar Hero World Tour has a pretty cool tracklist.

You can get a package if you just want the guitar and not the other instruments right?That's what the preorder display at Best Buy told me.

Also, if the preorder bonus is any indication of the quality of the game, GHWT is equivalent to winning a trip to the American Music Awards.

BURKE
10-11-2008, 07:36 PM
A lot of those are 360 only games...............hmmm.

Garth
10-11-2008, 07:38 PM

One of the big reasons I sold mine. Though I do miss my Wii Fit. My fitness instructor must be so disappointed. :cry:

FedEx Fanboy
10-11-2008, 08:30 PM
Man... I hate it that they bunch all these great releases up at the end of the year. The titles below are all games I want and WILL play:

Dead Space
Far Cry 2
Fable 2
Fallout 3
Gears of War 2
Mirror's Edge
Left 4 Dead

Also, what about Animal Crossing: CITY FOLK!!!

That's a must buy for me... :)

t00lverine
10-11-2008, 08:53 PM
Fail for no Street Fighter IV

Garth
10-11-2008, 09:00 PM
Fail for no Street Fighter IV

That doesn't come out till Feb. 09 last I checked.

t00lverine
10-11-2008, 09:19 PM
That doesn't come out till Feb. 09 last I checked.

Isn't it in arcades now? Either way, the sooner the better. I'm super excited for that game.

Briomega
10-11-2008, 09:55 PM
Can't wait for Fallout 3 too, even if I was underwhelmed by some of the gameplay footage.

Underwhelmed? That boggles my mind.

I like the list with the exception of Saints Row. I don't know how I'm going to afford all the games I want or find the time to play them all for that matter. Especially since Fallout 3 will pretty much own my soul for a long time.

Garth
10-12-2008, 05:21 AM
Isn't it in arcades now? Either way, the sooner the better. I'm super excited for that game.

Yeah, it was released in Japan in July and has a limited release in the US which started in August.

greg donovan
10-12-2008, 05:27 AM
Interesting that they're almost all sequels.

i thought the same thing.

Dropkick
10-12-2008, 05:38 AM
Left 4 Dead's the only certain buy for me. Might get Mirror's Edge, Far Cry 2, and Red Alert 3 later on. Not playing Fallout 3 unless I get it for free.

FedEx Fanboy
10-12-2008, 05:46 AM
Underwhelmed? That boggles my mind.

I like the list with the exception of Saints Row. I don't know how I'm going to afford all the games I want or find the time to play them all for that matter. Especially since Fallout 3 will pretty much own my soul for a long time.

Yea... I'm so psyched for Fallout 3. I can't believe people are hating on it.

Mr. E!
10-12-2008, 05:49 AM
The WOW expansion will own my life.

ClintP
10-12-2008, 06:03 AM
I see no Deadly Creatures. FAIL!

Ashwin Pande
10-12-2008, 06:18 AM
The combat videos I saw for Fallout 3 were pretty underwhelming. That entire replay thing is going to get really old really fast and then just become annoying. That video is why I'll be waiting on reviews before buying it.

Ryudo
10-12-2008, 06:25 AM
Saints Row 2 is gonna suck.

Yes, GH3 is a turd of a game and I don't think Rock Band is available in India anyway.

If by "turd of a game," you mean, "game with an awesome song list and a great learning curve," then yes.

t00lverine
10-12-2008, 06:33 AM

If by "turd of a game," you mean, "game with an awesome song list and a great learning curve," then yes.

I wouldn't call it a learning curve. it's more like a series of learning planes.

The Cheap-Arse Film Critic
10-12-2008, 06:34 AM
It's all abut LittleBigPlanet. Mirror's Edge looks quite interesting, too.

Garth
10-12-2008, 06:40 AM

This is just going to be one of the points that we will never agree one. I was scared at first of Activision taking the GH franchise, cause I loved GHI & II. But I bought III ready to love it, and hoping they wouldn't drop the ball. They completely did. And it sucks. I am all about having more quality music/rhythm games. So this isn't just me bashing on them cause I prefer Rock Band. This is about Activision doing what they do with many franchises, running them into the ground with yearly sequels, add-ons, and half-assed development.

JoeE
10-12-2008, 08:00 AM

If by "turd of a game," you mean, "game whose quality can be easily likened to that of a large piece of feces," then yes.

Fixed.

FedEx Fanboy
10-12-2008, 08:15 AM

Poop is Funny.

Ryudo
10-12-2008, 10:55 AM
This is just going to be one of the points that we will never agree one. I was scared at first of Activision taking the GH franchise, cause I loved GHI & II. But I bought III ready to love it, and hoping they wouldn't drop the ball. They completely did. And it sucks. I am all about having more quality music/rhythm games. So this isn't just me bashing on them cause I prefer Rock Band. This is about Activision doing what they do with many franchises, running them into the ground with yearly sequels, add-ons, and half-assed development.

How does it suck, though?

I totally don't think they dropped the ball. They were looking to differentiate themselves from Rock Band, and they did; the casual music gamer suffered a bit for it, but that doesn't make it any less of a good game. They tweaked the UI and the graphical interface, and introduced the battles, but even if you don't like the battles, the song selection is still great.

Yearly sequels... same thing with Rock Band. As well as add-ons... "you bought drums? Well, get rid of those things and buy these $300 drums!" And half-assed development... if you can call it that... take the old songs out, put the new ones in, add a couple of features, and people love it? Yeah, no.

Anyway, my point is GHWT will be awesome. And there's cross-compatibility for instruments, so there's no reason to not give it a shot.

CougarTrace
10-12-2008, 11:50 AM
I agree with the list but leaving Call of Duty 5 off is a mistake.

Briomega
10-12-2008, 11:54 AM
The combat videos I saw for Fallout 3 were pretty underwhelming. That entire replay thing is going to get really old really fast and then just become annoying. That video is why I'll be waiting on reviews before buying it.

Umm, it's not a replay, it's part of combat. It gives you a better chance at hitting specific body parts and doing more damage. And you don't have to use it if you don't want. It's just one aspect of combat. If you want to play only in real-time you can do so. The slow-motion is only when using the VATS system.

Garth
10-12-2008, 03:45 PM
How does it suck, though?

I totally don't think they dropped the ball. They were looking to differentiate themselves from Rock Band, and they did; the casual music gamer suffered a bit for it, but that doesn't make it any less of a good game. They tweaked the UI and the graphical interface, and introduced the battles, but even if you don't like the battles, the song selection is still great.

Yearly sequels... same thing with Rock Band. As well as add-ons... "you bought drums? Well, get rid of those things and buy these $300 drums!" And half-assed development... if you can call it that... take the old songs out, put the new ones in, add a couple of features, and people love it? Yeah, no.

Anyway, my point is GHWT will be awesome. And there's cross-compatibility for instruments, so there's no reason to not give it a shot.

It sucks because the note structure does not mesh with the songs. In previous GH games and in Rock Band, it (somewhat) feels like you are actually controlling the song. Which is where the fun comes in. Activision just threw in a bunch of notes to make things more difficult without allowing the player to feel that control is annoying and it equates to "dropping the ball", in my book.

The difficulty is annoying, but if it made sense and fit in with the game. Furthermore, they try to dumb it down to casual players by having the timing for missed notes to be skewed. Non-musicians tried to make a music game, and ended up making a completely uneven experience.

I actually enjoy the boss battles, I think they are something new and enjoyable to differentiate the GH franchise, and I appreciate that. But as far as the actual note-work, timing, and gameplay goes, I think Activision has a long way to go.

And perhaps they will knock it out of the park with GHWT. But considering how they are still trying to get their guitar-work to be on par with Rock Band, I have a hard time seeing them adding in drums and vocals and making it all work and flow. But hey, if you like it, you like it! more power to you, brother. Just my opinion.

Captain Sensation
10-12-2008, 04:11 PM

This greatly disappoints me, as i was talking to an employee at gamestop about this. I have to admit, outside of smash bros nothing for wii that i would have bought would have kept me wanting to keep a wii after finishing the games i have already. I should have got a 360, of course i had no idea they would drop in price so quickly. The wii library doesnt cater to the types of games i like to play overall.

Akira
10-12-2008, 04:26 PM
This greatly disappoints me, as i was talking to an employee at gamestop about this. I have to admit, outside of smash bros nothing for wii that i would have bought would have kept me wanting to keep a wii after finishing the games i have already. I should have got a 360, of course i had no idea they would drop in price so quickly. The wii library doesnt cater to the types of games i like to play overall.

And this is why I changed my launch reservation from a Wii to a PS3

Bandit Chimera
10-12-2008, 04:56 PM
i'm getting 3 games on that list:

Fallout 3
GOW2
and Left 4 Dead

though after the reviews it got i'm more excited for Dead Space and i really want to at least rent it :)

JoeE
10-12-2008, 05:32 PM
I agree with the list but leaving Call of Duty 5 off is a mistake.

CoD5 probably won't be that great, as Infinity Ward isn't making it. It'll probably be a solid shooter, but nothing fantastic like CoD4 was.