PDA

View Full Version : Do you feel lucky, punk? Are you a lucky bastard? What have you won?

Twelvecents
10-08-2008, 04:43 PM
My family, well a couple of us, win shit ALL the time. It's kind of freaky. I've won:
A trip to the caribbean
A ten speed bike
Free software
A 35mm camera
A (small) sailboat
$1,000 wardrobe

The best thing I've won so far was every album (this was back in the day) on the Billboard top 100 list. The part that sucks is that it was stolen out of storage when I had it stashed away while moving to a new city.

Anybody else have the lucky touch when it comes to getting something for nothing?

ShortStack
10-08-2008, 04:47 PM
stuffed animals.
I get a lot of random free shit just by knowing people though. My entire trip to SDCC this year was funded by Newgrounds.

Ashwin Pande
10-08-2008, 04:48 PM
No.

Maxwell
10-08-2008, 04:49 PM
Nothing.

batroc the leaper
10-08-2008, 04:49 PM
i once won a free copy of jumper on dvd.

so no

Shawn DePasquale
10-08-2008, 04:50 PM
nada

Ryan Elliott
10-08-2008, 04:54 PM
I worked there, but I once got a movie theater Batman Begins poster on accident.

That was a great day.

Criden
10-08-2008, 04:55 PM
Just won an ad in the next issue of Kick-Ass.
Once won a year's supply of Tangy Taffy from an old Marvel contest (as were the ones below).
Fantastic Four shirt.
Thor shirt.
A couple Marvel posters.

Shawn DePasquale
10-08-2008, 05:03 PM
Once won a year's supply of Tangy Taffy from an old Marvel contest (as were the ones below).
Fantastic Four shirt.
Thor shirt.
A couple Marvel posters.

Huh?

tonym
10-08-2008, 05:03 PM
My girlfriend and I never win anything, but my mom and dad tend to win with us in mind.

i.e. My parents are in Aruba right now and my dad put money on my girlfriend's birthday and her number came up, he doubled it on her same number and the same number came up. He won about $550.

EdNEMO
10-08-2008, 05:07 PM
I have won:
A Suzuki Volusia vl800 motorcycle (2004 ESPN Eisman Trophy Contest)
a $1000 shopping spree at a surf/skateboard shop
A library of cookbooks and a crate of gourmet hot sauces
lots of books, cds , video games, and other stuff.

I used to go to a website every morning and enter free online contests.

Criden
10-08-2008, 05:08 PM
Huh?

My mail-order bottled water company's finally going to make it into the green!

Ultimate Lurker
10-09-2008, 06:56 AM
Only thing I can remember is a pizza from a 'create a slogan' contest.

Criden
10-09-2008, 06:59 AM
Only thing I can remember is a pizza from a 'create a slogan' contest.

Nice work, UL! What was the slogan?

JimmyF1982
10-09-2008, 07:00 AM
i win at life, isn't that enough?

thatguyfromsyracuse
10-09-2008, 07:01 AM
I won a Wolverine figure (brown costume) when the X-Men cartoon came out on Fox!

oysterboy
10-09-2008, 07:08 AM
I have won a year's supply of coca cola before. 12 cans a week for a full year. I took them all in one big bulk at once and they were all gone in a few months... big family and neighborhood kids swarmed around for free coke alot.
It also came with a large cooler styled like the old fashion coke machines.

Drew
10-09-2008, 07:17 AM
64,000 dollars on a game show with Regis Philbin in 2000.

Ultimate Lurker
10-09-2008, 07:39 AM
Nice work, UL! What was the slogan?

It was for an organization in college that raised money to provide college education to low-income students from Central America.

"Changing lives, creating futures."

64,000 dollars on a game show with Regis Philbin in 2000.

Whoa, no way! That's awesome. I've always wanted to go on a game show and win some $$$.

Ultimate Lurker
10-09-2008, 07:40 AM
trying to avoid double post, can't find delete...

Raisor
10-09-2008, 07:50 AM
I won a 25 pound box of Tide at a Seattle Mariners game back in the 80's.

Not a coupon, but the actual box.

Had to carry it back to the car after the game.

I was 12.

Criden
10-09-2008, 08:14 AM
It was for an organization in college that raised money to provide college education to low-income students from Central America.

"Changing lives, creating futures."

Oh, awkward. I thought it was for a Pizza Place. That's a good slogan, though--congrats!

JHester
10-09-2008, 08:21 AM
5 years ago I won 2nd row tix to Black Sabbath. Great Show, Ozzy threw 2 buckets of water on our area and the chick behind me had on a white tee and no bra.

TheFalcon
10-09-2008, 08:41 AM
I won Alien vs. Predator 2 (Edit: the PC Game that is, not the movie) once and that's about it. Haven't really signed up for a lot of competitions and such though so my winning percentage is still pretty high :)

Oh, and I've won the UK National lottery about 20 times without even entering. Thankfully they're so nice that they keep sending emails to inform me. In fact I just checked now and won another million pounds just three days ago. Just have to fire off some personal info to their directors hong kong based yahoo mail account. Easy money 8-)

twigglet
10-09-2008, 08:52 AM
I won my computer, a printer, scanner, speakers etc etc.

Pretty sweet.

AndrewG
10-09-2008, 09:00 AM
I usually hit the daily number in the lottery a few times a year. Won some comics and gadgets and stuff throughout the years.

I did win two fan-fucking-tastic prizes though.

1. Years ago the local newspaper ran an Oscar contest. Pick the winners of the top 6 awards and those who picked all 6 right would be entered in a random drawing to get free movies for a year for the winner and a guest. I submitted many many times but was still shocked to win. They mailed me a gold ticket that could be used at any AMC theater as often as I wanted and I saw well over 100 movies that year in the theater. Awesome prize.

2. My wife entered us in EW's Spider-Man contest years ago and we won. Basically they flew me and my wife out to LA and put us up in a hotel for 3 days and gave us several hundred dollars in spending money along with a limo ride to the premire, walking the red carpet and sitting in the theater with the stars of the film along with attending the after party. Probably the coolest event we've ever been a part of and it was a great contest.

justjeffery
10-09-2008, 09:00 AM
I dont win much, but i get given some of the most wonderful things by other people...

Scotty
10-09-2008, 09:24 AM
A psp

ThisSpaceForRent
10-09-2008, 10:48 AM
In 1996 I won a 104 second shopping spree in a Strawberries music store (radio promotion)

I've won a trip to NYC once from another station.

Last year I won a Zune and a North Face tent.

More recently, at New York Comic Con this past April I won two separate contests. One to meet Stan Lee, and one was a ticket to a $500 meet and greet with Neil Gaiman. He drew the sketch below in my Absolute Sandman HC.

(I also found a VIP pass on the floor Saturday morning...that was pretty nice)

http://www.shawnps.com/pics/sandman.jpg

cmoney
10-09-2008, 02:40 PM
When I was a little kid, I won a train set from a grocery store and sold it to a guy for $100.

Magnum V.I.
10-09-2008, 02:46 PM
I won a PSP from McDonalds.

I also won 100 dollars from them in Monopoly 2006.

Ashwin Pande
10-09-2008, 02:56 PM
I won a PSP from McDonalds.

I also won 100 dollars from them in Monopoly 2006.

The Travis! is gonna come gunning for you.

Magnum V.I.
10-09-2008, 02:57 PM
The Travis! is gonna come gunning for you.

I also won cancer from God. :( I couldn't refund it.

Ashwin Pande
10-09-2008, 03:08 PM
I also won cancer from God. :( I couldn't refund it.

Seriously?

What kind of cancer?

JR Ewing
10-09-2008, 03:33 PM
When I was in the 8th grade I won a $100 in a drawing for students that were on the honor roll.

I didn't exactly win them but when I was in high school I worked at a public radio station and during pledge week we would give stuff away as premiums for people that pledged money. Often times it would be CDs that we got from record companies or stuff that NPR sent. Sometimes we would have things donated by local business like gift certificates or branded merchandise. For some reason we had been given 100 tickets to a John Tesh show. For a $100 donation you could get two free John Tesh tickets or something else. We gave away something else every time. So I ended up with 100 John Tesh tickets and a copy of John Tesh Live at Red Rocks. You know if you leave those ticketmaster tickets in the sun, they really do turn black.

Magnum V.I.
10-09-2008, 04:05 PM
Seriously?

What kind of cancer?

Heh. No cancer. I had a testicular Cancer scare though. It was like straight out of the movie American Splendor. I was feeling my balls one night and felt something not right.

It was the longest week of my life before I could go to the Doctor because Spring Break was the next week and I was at college.

Ashwin Pande
10-09-2008, 04:09 PM
Heh. No cancer. I had a testicular Cancer scare though. It was like straight out of the movie American Splendor. I was feeling my balls one night and felt something not right.

It was the longest week of my life before I could go to the Doctor because Spring Break was the next week and I was at college.

Great that it turned out to be just a scare. Though one wonders why you were randomly feeling around your balls one night. :mistrust:

Magnum V.I.
10-09-2008, 04:36 PM
Great that it turned out to be just a scare. Though one wonders why you were randomly feeling around your balls one night. :mistrust:

i always feel my balls at night! It used to be a nightly ritual. Or maybe I was prompted to do so by my mind because I had just watched that movie like 3 weeks before.

LilPoe
10-09-2008, 06:08 PM
I won a Wii with some games last year. My brother already had one so I sold it.

Alex(sadly)Maleev
10-09-2008, 06:21 PM
an Eisner. Broken.

ThisSpaceForRent
10-09-2008, 06:33 PM
an Eisner. Broken.

Seriously? Do you have a picture of it?

Sackhead
10-09-2008, 07:06 PM
Back in college I won a timeshare in Florida for sitting through a presentation. I also won this back-pillow thing with a subwoofer built in for some online creativity contest.

Back in high school, my friend and I used to deliver one of those free weekly newspapers everyone just throws out. During the McDonalds monopoly promotion he told HQ that he needed 30-40 more papers for his route, and then he just swiped all the free meals from the Monopoly pieces. We ate for free that whole summer.

JR Ewing
10-09-2008, 07:10 PM
Back in college I won a timeshare in Florida for sitting through a presentation. I also won this back-pillow thing with a subwoofer built in for some online creativity contest.

Back in high school, my friend and I used to deliver one of those free weekly newspapers everyone just throws out. During the McDonalds monopoly promotion he told HQ that he needed 30-40 more papers for his route, and then he just swiped all the free meals from the Monopoly pieces. We ate for free that whole summer.

I had a friend in high school that worked at Taco Bell. It was in '97 when the Star Wars movies were in theaters and Taco Bell was doing a promotional game, feed the force or some bullshit. Anyway he gave me a assload of winning game pieces for free tacos. I ate a lot of free tacos, but they were $.69 at the time so it wasn't really that awesome.

Slewo.O
10-09-2008, 07:11 PM
Fantastic Four shirt.
Thor shirt.
A couple Marvel posters.

How'd you get an ad?

Criden
10-09-2008, 07:12 PM
How'd you get an ad?

I'm offering free Omegas.

Slewo.O
10-09-2008, 07:16 PM
I'm offering free Omegas.

Hey I can't be duplicated or given away! :mad: That goes against my human rights......... will the people who get free Omegas at least be hot nymphomaniacs only?

Instead of free Omegas you should've offered free Zero Requiems. :)

NathanDetroit
10-09-2008, 08:13 PM
I won a 25 pound box of Tide at a Seattle Mariners game back in the 80's.

Not a coupon, but the actual box.

Had to carry it back to the car after the game.

I was 12.

:lol: for some reason, the image of a twelve-year-old kid carrying a gigantic box of laundry detergent away from a major league baseball game is incredibly funny to me.