PDA

View Full Version : Matt Fraction's Invincible Iron Man

rogerio
10-08-2008, 01:58 PM
Mr. Fraction talks about Invincible Iron Man next arc and the movie sequel.

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/100808-Fraction-Iron-Man.html

I'm very curious to see the year-long arc. Fingers crossed to see Madame Masque;-)

Slewo.O
10-08-2008, 02:09 PM
This should be fun. I can't wait to read the latest issue and from the preview it looks like things go batshit.

Can't wait to see how Fraction spins Dark Reign and the events of SI into IIM. And if Windows is Tony Stark I think I'd rather have Stane win. :(

VonDoom
10-08-2008, 02:17 PM
Intriguing - can't wait for the TPB so I can read this.

Spidey616
10-08-2008, 02:41 PM
Still holding out that Fraction has plans to use the Mandarin or Temugin in a future storyline.

Jerome Gibbons
10-08-2008, 02:48 PM
That was a great interview.

Can't wait for #7.

leafinsectman
10-08-2008, 03:03 PM
He needs to have one of those long legendary runs on Invincible IM like Bendis/DD or Bru/Cap. I hope he doesn't get bored with it anytime soon because I'm really enjoying his take on Tony. Also, I hope he gets his name on the IM2 credits. If you want action you gotta have Fraction ;)

Yeah sorry, that was pretty bad...

Kefky
10-08-2008, 03:19 PM
I dug the first arc a lot, even though Larroca's art got a bit too wonky for my tastes, specially the faces. Hope Fraction keeps writing it for a long time too.

killingyouguy
10-08-2008, 04:12 PM
So far its been pure awesome.

danlomb
10-08-2008, 05:03 PM
Great interview, I'll be reading this in 4 or 5 hours.

So his next arc will be a year-long? Dark Reign related, no doubt.

And I don't care what the naysayers say - (which is mostly 'nay') - Larocca is drawing the absolute shit out of this book. Love his Spidey, too, so can't wait for next month's #7.

Jef UK
10-08-2008, 05:23 PM
No more Mandarin, please.

rogerio
10-08-2008, 06:16 PM
No more Mandarin, please.
yeah...give us Crimson Dynamo, Madame Masque, Spymaster, the Ghost or even alcohol...:)

NickT
10-08-2008, 06:18 PM
yeah...give us Crimson Dynamo, Madame Masque, Spymaster, the Ghost or even alcohol...:)
Isn't Spymaster dead?

rogerio
10-08-2008, 06:26 PM
Isn't Spymaster dead?

Give us a Spymaster II...:)

shoelaceless
10-08-2008, 06:27 PM
He needs to have one of those long legendary runs on Invincible IM like Bendis/DD or Bru/Cap.

I really wanted Iron Fist to be his long, legendary run.

WilliamRichard1985
10-08-2008, 06:37 PM
hey now,let's not be trashing the Mandarin,the Knaufs reintroduced the old koot very well in their highly underrated DOS run

rogerio
10-09-2008, 03:07 AM
hey now,let's not be trashing the Mandarin,the Knaufs reintroduced the old koot very well in their highly underrated DOS run

Knauf's Mandarin "reboot" was great but there are a lot of Iron Man's enemies out there...:)

JimmyF1982
10-09-2008, 05:36 AM
yea iron man is pretty much the best thing that fraction is doing right now. his war journal is solid, his uncanny is trucking along but hot damn his iron man just smokes everything else. while i agree that a long lengthy legendary run on Iron Fist would have been smashing, i'm in the Iron Man lengthy run camp. can't wait to see what is coming next.

Chinaski
10-09-2008, 08:41 AM
I dug the first arc a lot, even though Larroca's art got a bit too wonky for my tastes, specially the faces. Hope Fraction keeps writing it for a long time too.

Yea, the story was awesome but the art was kind of lacking. I was thinking Larocca would do his Greg Land-esque / face rendering thing like he did on New Universal and make all the characters in the book look like famous actors. But what it looks like was just kind of a strange amalgamation of his old style and the actor reference thing. Is he (Larocca) continuing on the book or is he finished for now?

THWIP!
10-09-2008, 09:22 AM
I like this book but I wish someone else was drawing it. Brandon Peterson would be awesome.

Jef UK
10-09-2008, 10:00 AM

Which is another reason we don't need to see him again for a while.

Kefky
10-09-2008, 10:15 AM
Yea, the story was awesome but the art was kind of lacking. I was thinking Larocca would do his Greg Land-esque / face rendering thing like he did on New Universal and make all the characters in the book look like famous actors. But what it looks like was just kind of a strange amalgamation of his old style and the actor reference thing. Is he (Larocca) continuing on the book or is he finished for now?

I liked the actor-faces in new universal much better than this. I mean, Thor's face in the funeral scene looked like it was copy\pasted with photoshop. They never looked that awkward before.

And I'm pretty sure he's staying for good. Don't think there'll be any fill-ins either.

Chinaski
10-09-2008, 10:33 AM
I liked the actor-faces in new universal much better than this. I mean, Thor's face in the funeral scene looked like it was copy\pasted with photoshop. They never looked that awkward before.

And I'm pretty sure he's staying for good. Don't think there'll be any fill-ins either.

I agree with you about the odd and sometimes awkward poses for some characters in Iron Man. I think he did the actor faces better in New Universal, I didnt really like them there, but they were pulled off much better in that book. I know Greg Land gets a lot of shit for his actor posed (swiped from pictures) style of art, but I dont get why Larocca gets a pass. Is it because he isnt as high profile as Land is?

I am with another posters wish to see a different artist on this book, Brandon Peterson would be nice, or maybe a throw back to MD Bright (if he is still doing comics anymore) - really just about anyone but Larocca would be fine with me.

rogerio
10-09-2008, 10:37 AM

Larroca's faces are weird sometimes but issue # 6 was great.
I loved that armors...;-)
http://i.newsarama.com/images/INVIM006_int-10.jpg

NickT
10-09-2008, 10:39 AM
I don't think Larocca does like Land, seems to me like he is drawing likenesses rather than working on a photo.

Jef UK
10-09-2008, 10:40 AM
Wow, I dont' think the art has been lacking at all. I have no idea what y'all are talking about when you say, "weird faces." He's been churning out some pretty stellar comic pages.

PeterSparker
10-09-2008, 11:01 AM
I bought the first issue because it had Fraction's name on it. Glad I did, along with ACTION Comics and Capt America, I think its been the best and most consistent superhero book this year. After never really buying any Iron Man monthly, I'm surprised how much I've dug this book.

I haven't had a major problem with Larocca really, I think he fits the book. But if I could pick someone else to do this title with MF, it would be Maleev. I know that probably won't happen, but it would rule all if it did!! A perfect pairing no question.

rogerio
10-09-2008, 11:15 AM
Wow, I dont' think the art has been lacking at all. I have no idea what y'all are talking about when you say, "weird faces." He's been churning out some pretty stellar comic pages.
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_ZPfhZJvWMeQ/SO5XkSxNKJI/AAAAAAAAAG4/T1BGoia71r8/s320/stark+faces.bmp
I was talking about Stark's different faces but I will not polemize with Larroca's fans.
...because I am one of them ;-)

Big Poot!
10-09-2008, 11:36 AM
If this comic stays as great as it has been these first 6 issues, I'm in. Thanks for that Matt F. The art has been spectacular as well. I'm going to have to subscribe to this.

Jef UK
10-09-2008, 12:02 PM
But if I could pick someone else to do this title with MF, it would be Maleev. I know that probably won't happen, but it would rule all if it did!! A perfect pairing no question.

Fo sho!

Kefky
10-09-2008, 12:05 PM
I don't think Larocca does like Land, seems to me like he is drawing likenesses rather than working on a photo.

Yea, he doesn't trace. I don't know what the hell's going on that he's current style looks like that.

PhoenixFactor
10-09-2008, 12:14 PM
This book has been fantastic and a dense read since issue 1. I feel like I get my money's worth every issue which is more than I can say for some books. My only problem with the art is Maria Hill and its more of a coloring issue. She always appears blond in this book and I dont know why. seems like such an easy thing to fix. I thought it was a mistake last issue but it seems to continue in this one too.

Spidey616
10-09-2008, 12:19 PM
Can't wait to see what Fraction has planned going forward as Dark Reign enters the book and of course next issue with Peter Parker and Tony confronting each other.

http://www.marvel.com/comics/onsale/lib/view2.htm?filename=/i/content/st/5364new_storyimage3569586_full.jpg

Chinaski
10-09-2008, 12:35 PM
Can't wait to see what Fraction has planned going forward as Dark Reign enters the book and of course next issue with Peter Parker and Tony confronting each other.

http://www.marvel.com/comics/onsale/lib/view2.htm?filename=/i/content/st/5364new_storyimage3569586_full.jpg

Does Peter remember what Tony did to him during civil war? I mean punching him thru the wall and turning off the spider-armor and kind of leaving him at the mercy of super villians until the Punisher rescued him? Or has that yet to be revealed?

Chinaski
10-09-2008, 12:38 PM
This book has been fantastic and a dense read since issue 1. I feel like I get my money's worth every issue which is more than I can say for some books. My only problem with the art is Maria Hill and its more of a coloring issue. She always appears blond in this book and I dont know why. seems like such an easy thing to fix. I thought it was a mistake last issue but it seems to continue in this one too.

Totally agree with you. This is getting up there with Captain America as the best reading Marvel book recently. I love that it is basically self-contained and that I dont need to read 3 or 4 other books to follows the story. I also love that it picks up on threads from the story in Iron Man 200 - one of the first Iron Man stories I read as a kid. I love this book, its just the art that Im not crazy about. I think Larocca would be better used on another book.

Jef UK
10-09-2008, 12:45 PM
Does Peter remember what Tony did to him during civil war? I mean punching him thru the wall and turning off the spider-armor and kind of leaving him at the mercy of super villians until the Punisher rescued him? Or has that yet to be revealed?

Peter remembers everything except for being married to MJ, and the Marvel U. remembers everything except Peter's identity.

Slewo.O
10-09-2008, 02:44 PM

Everything except the marriage happened so any stories with MJ and Peter replace it with them living together. All those stories still happened they just don't remember Spidey's identity anymore, keyword being they used to.

THWIP!
10-09-2008, 02:58 PM
Why is Hill all of a sudden blonde?

Slewo.O
10-09-2008, 02:59 PM

For this arc she decided to be a blonde?

rogerio
10-15-2008, 10:45 AM
Iron Man # 7 preview...:)
http://www.wizarduniverse.com/101408invironmanprev.html

nihilance
10-15-2008, 10:50 AM

She didn't like the Supercuts comment?

Marcdachamp
10-03-2012, 05:24 AM
Man, this arc has been getting progressively better, but #525 was probably one of my favorite issues of Fraction and Larroca's run. I love seeing Iron Man teamed up with the rogues. :)

Spidey616
10-03-2012, 10:48 AM
Looks like Fraction and Larocca are going out with a bang!

Preview: Invincible Iron Man #527 (http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=preview&id=13794)

IPeacock
10-03-2012, 12:39 PM
Man, this arc has been getting progressively better, but #525 was probably one of my favorite issues of Fraction and Larroca's run. I love seeing Iron Man teamed up with the rogues. :)

I've been OHC waiting on this. Did he happen to finish building the car?

Marcdachamp
10-03-2012, 12:44 PM
I've been OHC waiting on this. Did he happen to finish building the car?

Car's done. It's all Mandarin and the rogues this arc.

Ryudo
10-03-2012, 01:11 PM
Looks like Fraction and Larocca are going out with a bang!

Preview: Invincible Iron Man #527 (http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=preview&id=13794)

Looking forward to it. So awesome.

BriRedfern
10-03-2012, 01:35 PM
Remember when Ironman's armor had abs? That was awesome.

http://mimg.ugo.com/201103/6/7/4/178476/cuts/iron-man_480_poster.jpg

Spidey616
10-03-2012, 01:43 PM
At least it didn't have a nose....;)

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_8ie37mgxIXA/SBpdARe1zAI/AAAAAAAAC_g/6lFUCgYGo_Y/s400/nose.jpg

Remember when Ironman's armor had abs? That was awesome.

http://mimg.ugo.com/201103/6/7/4/178476/cuts/iron-man_480_poster.jpg

joeAR
10-03-2012, 02:26 PM
Loved every issue of there run. Can't wait to see how it ends.

kon-el kent
10-03-2012, 07:57 PM
I'm dying for ohc vol 3 to come out. Any word on that???

JAK
10-11-2012, 08:23 AM
fraction talking about his iron man run with some preview pages for #527

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=41498

Spidey616
10-19-2012, 06:33 PM
It's the end of an era next week :surrend:

Invincible Iron Man #527 PREVIEW (http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=preview&id=13968)

joeAR
10-19-2012, 08:23 PM
It's the end of an era next week :surrend:

Invincible Iron Man #527 PREVIEW (http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=preview&id=13968)

Wow can't believe it's over soon but it's been one great ride. 60 issues in 4 years and I've loved each one. Amazing

Matthew Brown
10-19-2012, 08:47 PM
He'll be building that racecar in Heaven now.

WhindamPryce
10-20-2012, 06:41 AM
What a seminal fucking run!!

A singular writer/artist vision for its entirety... now that's a rare feat these days.

I've loved every single issue! :rock:

Phantom Eagle
10-20-2012, 10:36 AM
I've enjoyed it. Need to catch up on reading it, but I really enjoyed it. It's been a good time to return to Marvel.

Jim Schnobrich
10-29-2012, 11:32 AM
Just finished the finale the other night. Pretty awesome run. It left me wondering one thing, though.

How did the Mandarin get his code into Tony's Extremis Backup? Is that what The Controller was doing at Futurepharm?

Ryudo
10-29-2012, 11:39 AM
Just finished the finale the other night. Pretty awesome run. It left me wondering one thing, though.

How did the Mandarin get his code into Tony's Extremis Backup? Is that what The Controller was doing at Futurepharm?

That's what I'm thinking; or Maria Hill did it off-panel.

Jim Schnobrich
10-29-2012, 11:43 AM
That's what I'm thinking; or Maria Hill did it off-panel.

If that is truly the case, I hope it gets addressed in the new Iron Man book. That's quite a bomb to leave in your last issue.

Marcdachamp
11-05-2012, 07:36 AM
Loved the finale. I really liked how this and Avengers Assemble both set up Tony joining the Guardians of the Galaxy. And that last page is a doozy. Larocca rocked it.

Congrats to both Mr. Fraction and Mr. Larocca on the only Iron Man run I've ever read and the only one I've ever loved. Kudos to you both.

BenC (formerly Ape-X)
11-05-2012, 08:32 AM
All of the praise for the finale makes me really want vol. 3 (and 4?) of this run in OHC format!

KSChris
11-05-2012, 08:39 AM
Have they announced vol. 3 yet? Usually one per year isn't it? I would think January or February, but maybe they could do 3 then and then 4 in the summer for the movie.

BenC (formerly Ape-X)
11-05-2012, 08:57 AM
January solicits are out and nothing yet. I also scanned the Amazon listings, they go out as far as April 2013. Nothing there either. Maybe vol.3 will drop in May for the movie?

joeAR
11-05-2012, 09:09 AM
Have they announced vol. 3 yet? Usually one per year isn't it? I would think January or February, but maybe they could do 3 then and then 4 in the summer for the movie.

Might be taking longer because they might be putting the last 27 issues into one Omnibus