PDA

View Full Version : "Yesterday I saw 26 minutes of 'Watchmen' "

Shwicaz
10-08-2008, 03:42 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v447/shwicaz/watchnuts-713780-753329-thumb-440x5.jpg

http://time-blog.com/nerd_world/

(scroll down to the article)

He basically talked about how the studio wanted him to make Watchmen all about the War on Terror, and he said yeah, but wouldn't it be cooler if we just made the movie as much like the comic as possible. Then 300 blew up, and the studio started agreeing with him, and here we are. He also mentioned that his current cut of the movie comes in at 2:42, but he may have to take it down for the theatrical release.

Whip
10-08-2008, 04:10 AM
Blocked at work. :(

Afny
10-08-2008, 04:14 AM
Director Zack Snyder is doing a kind of traveling road show, screening clips from Watchmen 'cross the nation. Yesterday that road show traveled to the Warner Brothers screening room in Manhattan. The movie will be out in March, assuming Fox and Warner don't sue each other back to the stone age before then, but I have now seen 26 minutes of it.

First off, Snyder did a kind of breezy chatty intro. In person he seems to enjoy coming off as a bit of a goof -- he's funny and charming, but he gives you no indication that he could ever direct anything with even a trace amount of darkness in it. (And here's some Snyder trivia: as the woman sitting next to me pointed out, he has incredibly tiny feet.) He basically talked about how the studio wanted him to make Watchmen all about the War on Terror, and he said yeah, but wouldn't it be cooler if we just made the movie as much like the comic as possible. Then 300 blew up, and the studio started agreeing with him, and here we are. He also mentioned that his current cut of the movie comes in at 2:42, but he may have to take it down for the theatrical release.

Then they rolled tape. Up until that moment I wasn't sure how I felt about a Watchmen movie. I mean, Watchmen is holy writ. As a colossal fan of Alan Moore -- who has taken his name off the project -- I'm not supposed to like it. But nerd gods forgive me, it was awesome.

-

CamSpidey
10-08-2008, 05:27 AM
Heh, that Charlie Brown picture is awesome.

moonspider
10-08-2008, 05:44 AM
that's good...

danlomb
10-08-2008, 06:37 AM
I really can't wait for this to come out, but I could also wait forever if I had to.

Because once it's over and done with, what other project could possibly compare to the anticipation and hype that this graphic novel - to - film production has - and always has - stirred up.