PDA

View Full Version : Yaaah! Fox picks up FRINGE for full season!

bartleby
10-01-2008, 05:24 PM
http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/watch_with_kristin/b32011_fringe_gets_full_season.html?sid=rss_kristi n&utm_source=eonline&utm_medium=rssfeeds&utm_campaign=rss_kristin

killingyouguy
10-01-2008, 05:38 PM
Ugh. It's really not good for anything but laughing at. At least Pacey's getting some work since Cursed.

The Cheap-Arse Film Critic
10-01-2008, 05:39 PM
Let's make some LSD to celebrate.

ClintP
10-01-2008, 05:40 PM
This news warms my ass!

p.s. I like the show a lot!

ClintP
10-01-2008, 05:41 PM
Dad, I have a woman here going into cardiac arrest!

That's good son, I just made pop corn! :eats hand full of popcorn

What do I do?

Do you have an cocaine?

.... No dad, I don't have any cocaine.

Oh, then you need a defibrillator.

:rofl:

Twelvecents
10-01-2008, 05:43 PM
Wait, no! I don't enjoy Fringe! I will now say nasty things about the show for no particular reason other than to harsh the buzz of fans of the show coming here to enjoy the good news...

The word "Fringe" sounds like "French" and French stuff is lame so Fringe must be lame!

Fringe has six letters in it and I HATE words with six letters, therefore Fringe sucks.

I probably disagree with the politics of somebody on Fringe so fuck them because they don't think like me and I hope they lose their job and their mother and/or father gets some disease involving uncontrollable flatulence.

I hate you all and your happiness in the face of my fragile self esteem. :mistrust:

killingyouguy
10-01-2008, 05:49 PM
Let's make some LSD to celebrate.

And bathe in some conspicuously lit yellow water. Preferably while the camera flies through a floating title's 'O'.

Don't get me wrong. I watch the show every week, specifically because it is hilarious. It's not quite Journeyman (the short lived show from last year) which I judge all hilariously bad television by. Nothing has come close to a full 1 on the Journeyman scale. Fringe is like 0.68 Journeymen.

Nick_Ardill
10-01-2008, 06:07 PM
Thats good news to me. I really am enjoying the show. WITH the exception of last nights episode... while it was a solid episode... The "Observer"? Really? Fuck come on if you're gonna rip off the Watcher at least come up with a better name.

THWIP!
10-01-2008, 06:09 PM
Awesome.

drake_dangerz
10-01-2008, 06:12 PM
The show is OK. I watch it, but I don't watch it on the edge of my seat. Hopefully it will get better.

dEnny!
10-01-2008, 06:15 PM
Wait, no! I don't enjoy Fringe! I will now say nasty things about the show for no particular reason other than to harsh the buzz of fans of the show coming here to enjoy the good news...

The word "Fringe" sounds like "French" and French stuff is lame so Fringe must be lame!

Fringe has six letters in it and I HATE words with six letters, therefore Fringe sucks.

I probably disagree with the politics of somebody on Fringe so fuck them because they don't think like me and I hope they lose their job and their mother and/or father gets some disease involving uncontrollable flatulence.

I hate you all and your happiness in the face of my fragile self esteem. :mistrust:

:shock: Okay then.

greg donovan
10-01-2008, 06:25 PM
cool, i think it would be awesome if warren ellis wrote an episode for this show. it seems like he would be a good fit.

Foolish Mortal
10-01-2008, 06:32 PM
Excellent. I enjoy it very much.

Hock
10-01-2008, 08:03 PM
This is good news, because as mediocre as I think the show is as a whole, John Noble is fucking genius and his performance is well worth an hour of my life once a week. 22 weeks a year.

Shawn DePasquale
10-02-2008, 03:46 AM
Tight.

TheTravis!
10-02-2008, 04:26 AM
This pleases me greatly.

CougarTrace
10-02-2008, 04:29 AM
I'm glad FOX is giving intelligent programming a chance. There is enough reality tv on now dumbing down the airwaves.

Ryan_ZOOM_Turner
10-02-2008, 04:43 AM
Nice.

Lab-Rat
10-02-2008, 05:30 AM
Glad to hear it. I've liked the show so far (with the exception of last night's episode...it really felt out of place).

Doug
10-02-2008, 05:33 AM
Good news. I'm enjoying the show.

I'm also enjoying the Mentalist which is on at the same time, but DVR is a good thing.

TheTravis!
10-02-2008, 05:44 AM
Glad to hear it. I've liked the show so far (with the exception of last night's episode...it really felt out of place).

Really? I felt like last night's episode is one of the best so far.

McAfee
10-02-2008, 05:45 AM
And bathe in some conspicuously lit yellow water. Preferably while the camera flies through a floating title's 'O'.

Don't get me wrong. I watch the show every week, specifically because it is hilarious. It's not quite Journeyman (the short lived show from last year) which I judge all hilariously bad television by. Nothing has come close to a full 1 on the Journeyman scale. Fringe is like 0.68 Journeymen.

What shows do you like?

Because I may want to avoid them like the plague.

Or maybe you had a bad comic day?

McAfee
10-02-2008, 05:46 AM

Same. I like the character-building they're doing.

Lab-Rat
10-02-2008, 06:12 AM

I'm not saying that the episode was bad...but it felt out of place. In all honesty I was sort of wondering if I missed an episode or 2 after watching it. To me the episode felt like something that would have happened much much later in the season...towards the end of it. It just felt....off when compared to the rest of the episodes we've seen.

ClintP
10-02-2008, 06:21 AM
I thought I missed an episode as well. Like when she went and met that military guy who they hinted at her knowing real well. I was like, was this in an earlier episode or something?

Cth
10-02-2008, 06:26 AM
Pointed it out in the PS3 thread, but reposting here..

The actress who portrays Agent Dunham, is also the voice of the Nariko (title character) in Heavenly Sword.

In case anyone wants to hear a different portrayal, since one complaint I've heard is her performance in Fringe being sterile.

bartleby
05-04-2009, 10:19 AM
It should come as no surprise, but Fox has renewed FRINGE for a second season. (http://twitter.com/EWAusielloFiles/status/1697968654)

thatguyfromsyracuse
05-04-2009, 10:21 AM
It should come as no surprise, but Fox has renewed FRINGE for a second season. (http://twitter.com/EWAusielloFiles/status/1697968654)

Yay!

ImYrWoodbury
05-04-2009, 10:22 AM

:heart:

Foolish Mortal
05-04-2009, 12:19 PM
Good!

Blue Flash
05-04-2009, 12:27 PM
I like this show, but despise almost all the acting on it. It's weird like that. The overall story arc, which they advance every fifth episode or so, is classy. They're clearly following the Babylon 5 book on how to do these things.

Dr. Chaos
05-04-2009, 12:35 PM
Other than Anna Torv who sticks out like a sore thumb, I think it's a really solid cast acting wise.

Would be better if they had just reimagined Joshua Jackson's character as a combination of his and Anna Torv's (but without the vagina obviously and long flowing blonde hair) but thats just me.

Peter and Walter make the show.

dougmac
05-04-2009, 01:54 PM

It's funny you say that because when I was a kid I always thought when people talked about "fringe benefits" I thought they were saying "french benefits"

I'm psyched this is coming back but kind of surprised that they took so long to announce it

Foolish Mortal
05-04-2009, 02:13 PM
It's funny you say that because when I was a kid I always thought when people talked about "fringe benefits" I thought they were saying "french benefits"
"We don't get French Benefits?" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCrqy5S-H_A)

Generic Poster
05-04-2009, 02:14 PM
Other than Anna Torv who sticks out like a sore thumb, I think it's a really solid cast acting wise.

I don't think she's bad - I think her character is supposed to a quirky, introverted weirdo.

dougmac
05-04-2009, 02:58 PM
"We don't get French Benefits?" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCrqy5S-H_A)

that's funny. Wew used to have a leaning tower of Pizza resteraunt around here when I was a kid too.

dougmac
05-04-2009, 02:59 PM
I don't think she's bad - I think her character is supposed to a quirky, introverted weirdo.

I think you nailed it.

Blue Flash
05-04-2009, 05:26 PM
I think you nailed her.

He wishes.

THWIP!
05-04-2009, 05:30 PM
Yay!!!

costello
05-04-2009, 06:54 PM

Would be better if they had just reimagined Joshua Jackson's character as a combination of his and Anna Torv's (but without the vagina obviously and long flowing blonde hair) but thats just me.

Peter and Walter make the show.

This is funny. Anna Torv's my favorite character. I love her acting.

The best thing for me is this show was moved to 9pm. I couldn't watch it before.

Foolish Mortal
05-04-2009, 06:59 PM
Walter definitely owns the show.

I like Peter and I would like to see more of his backstory.

One thing though, Peter has gotten into kind of a rut. You can pretty much count on him every episode saying some variation of this line: "Now lets stop here and analyze what Walter just said.."

Yeah, he does that too much. I wonder if Joshua Jackson is aware of how many times he's done that line.

costello
05-04-2009, 07:02 PM
Walter definitely owns the show.

I like Peter and I would like to see more of his backstory.

One thing though, Peter has gotten into kind of a rut. You can pretty much count on him every episode saying some variation of this line: "Now lets stop here and analyze what Walter just said.."

Yeah, he does that too much. I wonder if Joshua Jackson is aware of how many times he's done that line.

Walter is great. He gives the show that 50s camp sort of feel.

I thought Peter was most interesting when he called his partner's sister. At first I wasn't a fan of the character, but he grew on me. He does say those lines way too often though.

Laughingmonkey23
05-04-2009, 08:09 PM
Cool that is very good news.I love that show.

Dark Sasha
05-04-2009, 08:15 PM
Anna Torv's character is written poorly. That's the problem. She doesn't have a ton to really work with.

Also, they did a really not so good job explaining the assistant.

dougmac
05-04-2009, 08:25 PM
Anna Torv's character is written poorly. That's the problem. She doesn't have a ton to really work with.

Also, they did a really not so good job explaining the assistant.

the 2 things I really hope for season 2 is some real detail on Peter's backstory and some more spotlight for Astrid (I assume that's the assistant you mean, not the one Walter killed back in the day).

Dark Sasha
05-05-2009, 05:58 AM
the 2 things I really hope for season 2 is some real detail on Peter's backstory and some more spotlight for Astrid (I assume that's the assistant you mean, not the one Walter killed back in the day).
Yeah, Astrid(see I don't even really know her name). She just kind of showed up in the pilot without anything.

greg donovan
05-05-2009, 06:01 AM
Yeah, Astrid(see I don't even really know her name). She just kind of showed up in the pilot without anything.

i actually liked that. not everything is being spoon fed. sometimes things just happen.

i hope the second season neatly wraps up the ZFT stuff and then is done.

go out on a high note and then let the creators come up with a new kick ass show for us to enjoy.

Dark Sasha
05-05-2009, 06:02 AM
i actually liked that. not everything is being spoon fed. sometimes things just happen.

i hope the second season neatly wraps up the ZFT stuff and then is done.

go out on a high note and then let the creators come up with a new kick ass show for us to enjoy.

But everyone else got some form of introduction and she is part of the main cast. And why exactly would she sign up for this?

greg donovan
05-05-2009, 06:07 AM
But everyone else got some form of introduction and she is part of the main cast. And why exactly would she sign up for this?

i am glad they didnt because now we have something to wonder about. plus as the show started time on here would have been time that couldnt have been spent elsewhere. now that they know they have at least another season i am sure we will learn more about her.

i love how she was just there and can aparently do just about anything.

i too am curious about her.

charlie hasnt had much of a backstory untill the episode with the snake/scorpion/whatever.

Dark Sasha
05-05-2009, 06:22 AM
Maybe Anna Torv's character is trying to be a little too normal because she is the link to the audience and she can't really break free from it(in other words, she has to be boring), but I think this backstory they have introduced is really really good for her character.

Generic Poster
05-05-2009, 06:30 AM

Yeah, I thought that she was just some jr. agent that got stuck on baby-sitting detail. But recently, it seems like she has some science background as well.

Sean Jackson
05-06-2009, 12:15 PM

For some reason, I feel like she's gonna be a mole or bad guy at some point. Maybe secretly working for Massive Dynamic.

Foolish Mortal
05-06-2009, 03:33 PM
I'm just glad they got rid of that tool, Harris. Giant Pain In The Ass.

thatguyfromsyracuse
05-06-2009, 03:36 PM
I'm just glad they got rid of that tool, Harris. Giant Pain In The Ass.

Yeah, I really fucking hated that guy. So I guess the actor did a good job. :lol:

ringslinger
05-06-2009, 03:53 PM

You'll get to know a lot more about Peter next week.

Dr. Chaos
05-06-2009, 07:55 PM
I know since Walter's done some pretty shady shit and his history is only going to get that much worse as we go along that we shouldn't oversympathize with him when someone's giving him the 9th degree but I honestly couldn't help feel for him when he said "he couldn't remember".

The actor they got to play him is like a giant man teddy bear, We could find out that Walter drove a bus through a children's hospital killing everybody and I would still find him surprisingly likable.

Also loved the scene from a few weeks ago where he's watching the tape of lil Olivia.

greg donovan
05-06-2009, 08:21 PM
Yeah, I really fucking hated that guy. So I guess the actor did a good job. :lol:

he plays a good jerk. he was very unlikeable on jericho too.

dEnny!
05-06-2009, 08:29 PM
Is Fringe coming back for a second season?

greg donovan
05-06-2009, 08:36 PM
Is Fringe coming back for a second season?

yep

dEnny!
05-06-2009, 08:59 PM
yep

Cool.

I take it Dollhouse was not so fortunate?

greg donovan
05-07-2009, 04:02 AM
Cool.

I take it Dollhouse was not so fortunate?

i dont think we have heard a no yet, but that doesnt mean yes either.