PDA

View Full Version : broadcasting live from a chinatown bus

Nick Spencer
09-28-2008, 07:08 AM
no movie today, apparently, but the dude sitting across from me has the blackest eye I've ever seen. Homeboy got clocked.

I'm coming for you baltimore! I get to enjoy the con for like a whole 2 hours. No panels even. Sigh.

Nick Spencer
09-28-2008, 07:42 AM
The seat next to me survived the midtown pile-on! I am riding in comfort!

Slewo.O
09-28-2008, 07:46 AM
Iphone I presume?

Nick Spencer
09-28-2008, 07:47 AM
Iphone I presume?

Nah, the buses have wi-fi.

Chinese know how to do it.

Slewo.O
09-28-2008, 07:50 AM
Nah, the buses have wi-fi.

Chinese know how to do it.

WTF? Buses have WI-FI? What kind of witchcraft is this? Wish we had this sorta stuff in my area.

BronxRonin
09-28-2008, 07:53 AM
Have fun dude...how much was the ticket?

Nick Spencer
09-28-2008, 07:58 AM
Have fun dude...how much was the ticket?

$35 round trip. But it's gonna suck leaving so late... I'm probably not gonna get to the con until 3:30.

Thommy Melanson
09-28-2008, 08:00 AM
$35 round trip. But it's gonna suck leaving so late... I'm probably not gonna get to the con until 3:30.

And Sunday at that.

You'll probably get there just in time to ask the janitors how hot the Slave Girl Leia cosplayers were.

Nick Spencer
09-28-2008, 08:12 AM
And Sunday at that.

You'll probably get there just in time to ask the janitors how hot the Slave Girl Leia cosplayers were.

Yup. Should be spectacular. Floor closes at 5 for God's sake.

Josh!
09-28-2008, 08:14 AM
Good luck, dude.

Please say hi if you see me-- I'm wearing a Thai beer t-shirt (it's got two elephants facing a tree), and carrying a backpack. If not, no worries, it's a big show... and have fun!!!

Nick Spencer
09-28-2008, 08:35 AM
And now we're stopped for refueling! I'm screwed! Somebody tell the Baltimore people they need to keep going another hour!

Or at least just the tables with editors I want to work for.

Thommy Melanson
09-28-2008, 09:00 AM
Yup. Should be spectacular. Floor closes at 5 for God's sake.

Why didn't you go on Friday or Saturday, or even plan to go for the whole weekend in advance?

Queen of the Ban Age
09-28-2008, 09:05 AM
And now we're stopped for refueling! I'm screwed! Somebody tell the Baltimore people they need to keep going another hour!

Or at least just the tables with editors I want to work for.

Yes. Tell them Spencer is for hire.

BronxRonin
09-28-2008, 10:05 AM
Good luck i hope you can make it

Nick Spencer
09-28-2008, 02:05 PM
Broadcasting live from a return-bound chinatown bus!

I literally got there at 4pm. Luckily I didn't have to pay, which is nice since THE GODDAMN CABS COST MORE THAN MY BUS TICKET!

But I think it was worth it. Showed off the pitches to a bunch of editors and got some really good responses. Hopefully something comes of it.

But yeah, one hour and right back out the door. Hilarious.

Nick Spencer
09-28-2008, 02:05 PM
Yes. Tell them Spencer is for hire.

:lol:

for the rest of my life I'll hear it. rest. of. my. life.

AndrewG
09-28-2008, 02:15 PM
Broadcasting live from a return-bound chinatown bus!

I literally got there at 4pm. Luckily I didn't have to pay, which is nice since THE GODDAMN CABS COST MORE THAN MY BUS TICKET!

But I think it was worth it. Showed off the pitches to a bunch of editors and got some really good responses. Hopefully something comes of it.

But yeah, one hour and right back out the door. Hilarious.

Cool. Hope it works out for ya. It may seem silly, but sometimes you have to do crazy shit like that to get a chance at your break. You may have wanted to go for more than an hour but if you didn't take the chance you probably would have regretted it a lot more.

I've done some pretty out there things in the hopes to further my career.

And, btw. I can't open the link you PMd

PeterSparker
09-28-2008, 02:26 PM
I'm sure this was covered elsewhere at some point, but I missed it, whatever happened to moving to Sweden and getting married? Did you go there and come back?

BronxRonin
09-28-2008, 03:12 PM
I'm sure this was covered elsewhere at some point, but I missed it, whatever happened to moving to Sweden and getting married? Did you go there and come back?

I asked that too...lol!
A couple of weeks ago...:Oops:

PeterSparker
09-28-2008, 03:15 PM
I asked that too...lol!
A couple of weeks ago...:Oops:

I kinda just assumed he left after all that, and was surprised to see he was still here. Glad I'm not the only one out of the loop. :)

BronxRonin
09-28-2008, 03:20 PM
i kinda just assumed he left after all that, and was surprised to see he was still here. Glad i'm not the only one out of the loop. :)

8-)

Nick Spencer
09-28-2008, 06:21 PM
She's there, I'm here, plans change all the time. The bottom line is figuring it out financially. I can't work when I'm there and she can't work when she's here, not to mention just the cost of getting there. So... all of it sucks.

Jonathan Callan
09-28-2008, 06:41 PM

On Sunday man? By then most of us were packing it in.

I hope you got to enjoy some stuff.

Nick Spencer
09-28-2008, 07:20 PM
On Sunday man? By then most of us were packing it in.

I hope you got to enjoy some stuff.

Wasn't really the point, just wanted to shop the pitches around.

Jonathan Callan
09-29-2008, 12:06 PM
Wasn't really the point, just wanted to shop the pitches around.

Well, I hope you got to do that. Again, near everybody was gone. You should have PMed me though! I'd have grabbed dinner with you.