PDA

View Full Version : Zits and the City? Teen novels coming about Carrie

BENDIS!
09-17-2008, 11:26 AM
Zits and the City? Teen novels coming about Carrie 2 hours, 56 minutes ago

NEW YORK - Meet Carrie Bradshaw, in her teenage years.

ADVERTISEMENT

"Sex and the City" author Candace Bushnell is writing a pair of teen novels, "The Carrie Diaries," that "takes readers back to Carrie Bradshaw's formative years in high school, giving an inside look at Carrie's friendships, romances and how she realized her dream of becoming a writer," HarperCollins announced Wednesday.

The first book will come out in 2010. Bushnell, in a statement issued by her publisher, said, "Carrie in high school did not follow the crowd she led it. It was there that she began observing and commenting on the social scene."

Bushnell's adventures of Carrie and her Manhattan pals were adapted into the hit HBO series starring Sarah Jessica Parker and a feature film that came out this year. Her fifth novel, "One Fifth Avenue," is coming out this month.

JR Ewing
09-17-2008, 11:27 AM
Judy Bloom is rolling in her grave.

Wait, is she dead?

Ray G.
09-17-2008, 11:28 AM

WHAT THE FUCK?

Also, period piece teen novels never sell. This will bomb. Terribly.

Ryudo
09-17-2008, 11:29 AM
If this is adapted to TV or movies, I wonder which young actress they could get that is as fugly as SJP.

Sam Little
09-17-2008, 11:29 AM
Cash. Grab.

Ashwin Pande
09-17-2008, 11:30 AM
:lol:

Ray G.
09-17-2008, 11:32 AM
If this is adapted to TV or movies, I wonder which young actress they could get that is as fugly as SJP.

Win.

Also, I like to pretend that Square Pegs is S&TC the teen years. Eventually, SJP's character got boobs, threw over Amy Linker, changed her name, and moved to the city to make up for lost time. Anything that destroys this illusion will meet with my hatred.

Ashwin Pande
09-17-2008, 11:32 AM

Miley Cyrus FTW!

Ok... that is a bit mean... but fuck it.

Dr. Hackenbush
09-17-2008, 11:33 AM
How the fuck could this ever be considered appropriate?

"If you like the books, you'll love the TV show with all the whoring around."

JR Ewing
09-17-2008, 11:33 AM
QUOTE=Ryudo;5199066]If this is adapted to TV or movies, I wonder which young actress they could get that is as fugly as SJP.[/QUOTE]

Young Carrie Bradshaw: The Adventure Begins (http://www.imdb.com/media/rm4138963968/nm0731075)

Generic Poster
09-17-2008, 12:04 PM
I don't think kids are going to want to read about high school in the 1950s.

schizorabbit
09-17-2008, 12:04 PM
I think I know you guys well enough to say the following without an ounce of shame or fear or someone runnin' off with my man card:

I fuckin' loved the show, Sex and the City. There, I said it. Watched every episode, some of 'em more than once (especially those after the iffy first season). I fuckin' laughed out loud in many episodes, found myself takin' sides in various relationship issues, looked forward to the next episode. I thought, at first, that it was because I used to watch 'em in a room full of hot girls openly talkin' about sex issues (the reason behind why I used to say Duran Duran was an awesome band), but no, I ended up checkin' 'em out on my own...and found myself still laughing.

That said, what the fuck?

"Dear Diary. Today, Josh asked me for a blowjob between fourth and fifth periods, so I blew on it--you know--like I was blowing out a candle. He said I was doing it wrong, that he actually wanted me to stick his penis into--INTO--my mouth. I said he was full of shit, going, 'You're wrong, Josh, it's called a "blowjob."' And I then told him that if God wanted women to suck guys' dicks, He would've made 'em taste like tapioca. He then said it did taste like tapioca...He lied. :("

Josh!
09-17-2008, 12:14 PM
I've already read that book. It was awesome.

http://www.horrorstew.com/images/Carrie.jpg

Seriously though, when I read the title of the thread that's what I thought it was about.

schizorabbit
09-17-2008, 12:17 PM
I've already read that book. It was awesome.

http://www.horrorstew.com/images/Carrie.jpg

Seriously though, when I read the title of the thread that's what I thought it was about.

Me too. And in light of Bendis's spelling mistakes, I thought he meant "teens cumming about Carrie." Like a circle jerk with a redhead in the middle.

Jim.
09-17-2008, 12:29 PM
Ok so Gossip Girl which was a series of novels ripping off Sex and the City for teens is now being ripped off by the show that inspired it. Awesome.

ClintP
09-17-2008, 12:30 PM
I don't think the current audience cares about her being a teen and written for teens. Also, I don't think the show is appropriate for teens who might read this book.

ClintP
09-17-2008, 12:31 PM
Ok so Gossip Girl which was a series of novels ripping off Sex and the City for teens is now being ripped off by the show that inspired it. Awesome.

*coughIndianaJonesandTombRaidercouph*

Evan the Shaggy
09-17-2008, 12:33 PM
I can't be the only one who thought they were trying to make a fun book for kids about Stephen King's book.

schizorabbit
09-17-2008, 12:37 PM
I can't be the only one who thought they were trying to make a fun book for kids about Stephen King's book.

A self-help type of book.

Possible lessons:
What do you do when somebody throws pigblood on you?
Burn the fuckers down. Everyone must die.

How do you deal with a domineering mother with overly zealous religious issues?
Throw knives at her with your mind.

What's that blood stuff that comes from your wee-wee?
Plug it up, plug it up, plug it up.