PDA

View Full Version : Terminator: Season 2 premiere!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Blandy vs Terrorism
09-08-2008, 04:05 PM
I could live without this shitastic song.

Blandy vs Terrorism
09-08-2008, 04:09 PM
So, I'm the only one watching it?

ClintP
09-08-2008, 04:12 PM
Mine is recording at the moment. I will watch it once my wife comes home from tutoring a girl in algebra. Can't wait though!

Shade
09-08-2008, 04:12 PM
Nope. I'm watching.

Not a fan of Shirley Manson.

Piechuck
09-08-2008, 04:17 PM
I'm digging the show so far, minus the song.

Blandy vs Terrorism
09-08-2008, 04:18 PM
Nope. I'm watching.

Not a fan of Shirley Manson.

Yeah, she's one ugly bitch.

JR Ewing
09-08-2008, 04:20 PM
I too am DVRing it for later. I'm very exited though, I really enjoyed the first season. I would have liked it better if they had cast Wil Wheaton as the computer nerd who invented the super intelligent chess computer.

ClintP
09-08-2008, 04:22 PM
I too am DVRing it for later. I'm very exited though, I really enjoyed the first season. I would have liked it better if they had cast Wil Wheaton as the computer nerd who invented the super intelligent chess computer.

Interesting choice. Why would you pick him exactly?

JR Ewing
09-08-2008, 04:24 PM
Interesting choice. Why would you pick him exactly?

On his blog he talked about auditioning for the role but he said that he was so excited about the chance to be on the show that he psyched himself out and blew the interview.

Noah0z
09-08-2008, 04:31 PM
Looking good so far. I agree that the first scene with all the slow motion and the song were less than stellar,

Blandy vs Terrorism
09-08-2008, 04:38 PM
Paging WinterRose!

Dreaded Anomaly
09-08-2008, 04:38 PM
I was contemplating dropping this show, but that scene just completely hooked me again. I'm a sucker for Summer Glau.

Akira
09-08-2008, 04:48 PM
Termination override!?
:shock:
They can do that?

Busman
09-08-2008, 04:48 PM
I'm so confused is this the thread that earns a week off or the other one?

Shade
09-08-2008, 04:56 PM
Holy shit!!

Akira
09-08-2008, 04:56 PM
I fucking knew it!

Noah0z
09-08-2008, 04:57 PM
Holy shit!!

What he said!

Excellent premiere

The Zevad
09-08-2008, 04:57 PM
INDEED! HOLY SHIT!!!!
I did not see that comming! She's a t-1000! And apparently fully emotionally aware!

Benel Germosen
09-08-2008, 05:03 PM
INDEED! HOLY SHIT!!!!
I did not see that comming! She's a t-1000! And apparently fully emotionally aware!

Yeah. I didn't even know that was possible.

Edit: How's that for a fucking twist?

The Zevad
09-08-2008, 05:06 PM
Yeah. I didn't even know that was possible.

Edit: How's that for a fucking twist?

Question:

Why is it they act like emotions for terminators are impossible? Didn't the model 101 T-800 (Arnold) begin to be on the cusp of it? It knew it had to sacrafice itself. It picked up John's tear and said. I now understand why you do this. But it's something I can never do. Or something to that affect. Sarah said if a machine can learn the value of human life maybe we can.

So yeah. Another question
Now that we got a T-1000 are we going to see Loken's model? Terminatrix from T3?

Benel Germosen
09-08-2008, 05:08 PM
Question:

Why is it they act like emotions for terminators are impossible? Didn't the model 101 T-800 (Arnold) begin to be on the cusp of it? It knew it had to sacrafice itself. It picked up John's tear and said. I now understand why you do this. But it's something I can never do. Or something to that affect. Sarah said if a machine can learn the value of human life maybe we can.

So yeah. Another question
Now that we got a T-1000 are we going to see Loken's model? Terminatrix from T3?

Because you can't program love.

Yet. :scared:

Blandy vs Terrorism
09-08-2008, 05:09 PM
Question:

Why is it they act like emotions for terminators are impossible? Didn't the model 101 (Arnold) begin to be on the cusp of it? It knew it had to sacrafice itself. It picked up John's tear and said. I now understand why you do this. But it's something I can never do. Or something to that affect. Sarah said if a machine can learn the value of human life maybe we can.

So yeah.

I concur. Also, even when Skynet first went online and decided the world was better off being run by machines instead of humans. There's a machine overriding its programming right there, so I don't see why the Terminators couldn't, especially one that's already had conflicting programming like Cameron.

Blandy vs Terrorism
09-08-2008, 05:10 PM
Because you can't program love.

Yet. :scared:

Paging WinterRose!

Hurnslice
09-08-2008, 05:11 PM
This thread went from "Meh" to "Holy Shit" in one page.

Nice.

Blandy vs Terrorism
09-08-2008, 05:13 PM
This thread went from "Meh" to "Holy Shit" in one page.

Nice.

Yeah, that pretty much describes this.

Dr. Hackenbush
09-08-2008, 05:14 PM
Now I know why Shirley Manson's lines were delivered so awkwardly. Either she gives a wooden line reading because she sucks and it fits the character anyway or she says the lines that way on purpose because she's a T - 1000.

Either way, it works out well.

Great episode.

The Zevad
09-08-2008, 05:14 PM
At least they acknowledge something that was bugging me since episode 1.

Cameron was acting like a regular teenager. And didn't come off all cold and Commander Data like in the 1st episode. So she just chooses to act like that. She's perfectly capable of faking emotions. I love you John! You love me..yada yada. I mean I reckoned that out myself that if they choose it they can fake it. But it's nice to see it acknowledged like that. She seemed emotional didn't she?

CougarTrace
09-08-2008, 05:15 PM
agreed. Great episode.

Hurnslice
09-08-2008, 05:30 PM
If this show pulls in Prison Break numbers, I'm gonna be pissed.

When are they going to start counting DVR & tivo #'s?

Dr. Hackenbush
09-08-2008, 05:35 PM
If this show pulls in Prison Break numbers, I'm gonna be pissed.

Bite your tongue. I'll be irate if this show gets the axe. Pairing TSCC with a show that's circling the drain like Prison Break already pisses me off enough as it is.

ClintP
09-08-2008, 05:35 PM
t-1000!!!! Holy shit buckets!!!

Zack_Hunter
09-08-2008, 05:42 PM
I caught a few episodes last season and jumped right in on this one, just Holy shit! :scared:

The Zevad
09-08-2008, 05:43 PM
t-1000!!!! Holy shit buckets!!!

Indeed. I'm glad they are using that model. So I guess they were able to build more than one. From reading movie novels and hearing commentary the one in T2 seemed to be the only model. Cause really why not send a shit load of T-1000s into the past right? Maybe they are Skynet's elite guards like the Emperor's guards in red. Their name escapes me. And because it takes so much resources their are a limited number. And it's easier to build the other models.

DaveCummings
09-08-2008, 05:59 PM
Y'know, we don't really need spoiler tags now. If someone's reading a thread on it, they deserve to be spoiled.

That said, about the whole emotions thing, I think that they can "fake" emotions, in a way. I mean since we're talking about the T-1000, lets talk about the T-1000 from T2. In the few times where he talked to people, he didn't come off as a cold machine, he seemed like a person who can fake sincerity and concern and shit like that. So, I'm thinking that even though it can't exactly feel emotion, there's no reason why it can't fake it, in order to get to it's objective.

Just saying.

The Zevad
09-08-2008, 06:15 PM
Y'know, we don't really need spoiler tags now. If someone's reading a thread on it, they deserve to be spoiled.

That said, about the whole emotions thing, I think that they can "fake" emotions, in a way. I mean since we're talking about the T-1000, lets talk about the T-1000 from T2. In the few times where he talked to people, he didn't come off as a cold machine, he seemed like a person who can fake sincerity and concern and shit like that. So, I'm thinking that even though it can't exactly feel emotion, there's no reason why it can't fake it, in order to get to it's objective.

Just saying.

Yes sir. You're right. Screw the spoiler tags. I wonder though has there been ANY acknowledgement of the Arnold Terminator at all? Hell why not steal a line from Nick Stahl's John Conner and have them mention how his only true father figure is a big flesh covered robot with an austrian accent. So did they make an John Conner fuck that robot t-shirts yet? Summer talked about that Cameron will demonstrate the terminator equilvalent of jealousy when John's new love interest shows up.

And anyone think they'll acknowledge Kate Brewster at all?

Scotty
09-08-2008, 06:17 PM
Over all I thought the episode was weak, I hate Sarah when she's trying to be motherly, it seems forced. also I think it's time for John to kick ass and stop sucking on mama's teet. That said the ending got me wanting to watch the next episode.

Scotty
09-08-2008, 06:18 PM
Yes sir. You're right. Screw the spoiler tags. I wonder though has there been ANY acknowledgement of the Arnold Terminator at all? Hell why not steal a line from Nick Stahl's John Conner and have them mention how his only true father figure is a big flesh covered robot with an austrian accent. So did they make an John Conner fuck that robot t-shirts yet? Summer talked about that Cameron will demonstrate the terminator equilvalent of jealousy when John's new love interest shows up.

And anyone think they'll acknowledge Kate Brewster at all?

According to the show's producers T3 happens in an alternate time line

Benel Germosen
09-08-2008, 06:23 PM
According to the show's producers T3 happens in an alternate time line

As it should be.

The Zevad
09-08-2008, 06:23 PM
Over all I thought the episode was weak, I hate Sarah when she's trying to be motherly, it seems forced. also I think it's time for John to kick ass and stop sucking on mama's teet. That said the ending got me wanting to watch the next episode.

Well we do see John wearing army camo and gear. Derek saying John's is going to be a soldier when Sarah saying he's not. John handling a gun. And now he's dropped the emo look he's been sporting since T2 so to speak with cutting the hair.

LeggoMyEggolas
09-08-2008, 06:39 PM
Now I know why Shirley Manson's lines were delivered so awkwardly. Either she gives a wooden line reading because she sucks and it fits the character anyway or she says the lines that way on purpose because she's a T - 1000.

Either way, it works out well.

Great episode.

Or it could just be Shirley Manson dialing her Scottish Brogue WAAAY back.

Thudpucker
09-08-2008, 06:45 PM
So-so premire. I really want to like this show so I'll keep watching but I hope they start doing new things soon. There is only so much running away from a Terminator I can watch before I get bored and turn the channel.

Hurnslice
09-08-2008, 08:37 PM
Cameron's physical acting was by far the best part of that show. But then, her emotional outpour was pretty intense.

What the hell, she's just hot.

Supreme Convoy
09-08-2008, 08:47 PM
Pretty awesome episode. I nearly shat my pants when I saw Shirley Manson morph.

I can't wait for that awkward robot sex moment with John and Cameron.

artimoff
09-08-2008, 08:58 PM
Has anyone seen Battle for the Planet of the Apes? That's what's going to happen on this show too.

Hurnslice
09-08-2008, 09:28 PM
Has anyone seen Battle for the Planet of the Apes? That's what's going to happen on this show too.

They're going to eat banans?

philipthethird
09-08-2008, 10:33 PM
Cameron was acting like a regular teenager. And didn't come off all cold and Commander Data like in the 1st episode. So she just chooses to act like that. She's perfectly capable of faking emotions. I love you John! You love me..yada yada. I mean I reckoned that out myself that if they choose it they can fake it. But it's nice to see it acknowledged like that. She seemed emotional didn't she?

Remember the scene where she took a bite from John's snack? He was said that he thought "they" couldn't eat and she said something like "There are some things you don't know" ... I always knew she was special. :cool:

ClintP
09-09-2008, 05:07 AM

:rofl:

PeteL
09-09-2008, 05:28 AM
I really enjoyed the premiere.

And, Shirley Manson ftw.

Generic Poster
09-09-2008, 05:36 AM

My impression was that it was John who killed that dude in the house, not Sarah, and that's what he was fucked up about.

It also makes her "I'm proud of what you did today" line particularly fucked up.

ClintP
09-09-2008, 05:37 AM
My impression was that it was John who killed that dude in the house, not Sarah, and that's what he was fucked up about.

Yep. She was getting beat down and he got free first. I read on CBR? that John's character will start to become future John this season.

ERNIE_E
09-09-2008, 06:51 AM
Fuck all the hate in some of the thread, I loved Shirley Manson (who's sexy) in this role. She vamps up the screen and I think we only got a taste of what she'll bring. This is her first acting job but won it outright by having to go through the full audition process with multiple rounds. Now that we know where her character's origins are, we know where she's taking it instead of wondering how she came up with such divine inspiration.

Cam showing emotion was one of the cooler scenes of the episode, all the while not being able to shed a tear. She's not normally allowed to have moments like that so for Glau, that was pretty cool.

This is a pretty large saga folks, so if people are going to whine how it's not doing much for them, or it's too slow move onto the next show. This is how a monthly comic works too ya know. I think it's paced well, they pack a lot in for a TV budget, and keep faithful to all the material that's come before, possibly knowing where it's all headed. Hopefully we'll see even more of the future.

John will begin to embrace his role and destiny and his final scene reflects the beginning of this.

This is also supposed to be a really big year for Agent Ellison so there should be some good arcs with his character as well. For those just outside the circle of what's going on must make a leap of faith if you will to accept what's going on. If someone came from the future and began spouting far out shit to you, you'd be skeptical too until you witness something like he has. They've built a really good structure for this upcoming season and hopefully this franchise will remain strong and gain even more viewers.

ClintP
09-09-2008, 06:55 AM
Fuck all the hate in some of the thread, I loved Shirley Manson (who's sexy) in this role. She vamps up the screen and I think we only got a taste of what she'll bring. This is her first acting job but won it outright by having to go through the full audition process with multiple rounds. Now that we know where her character's origins are, we know where she's taking it instead of wondering how she came up with such divine inspiration.

Cam showing emotion was one of the cooler scenes of the episode, all the while not being able to shed a tear. She's not normally allowed to have moments like that so for Glau, that was pretty cool.

This is a pretty large saga folks, so if people are going to whine how it's not doing much for them, or it's too slow move onto the next show. This is how a monthly comic works too ya know. I think it's paced well, they pack a lot in for a TV budget, and keep faithful to all the material that's come before, possibly knowing where it's all headed. Hopefully we'll see even more of the future.

John will begin to embrace his role and destiny and his final scene reflects the beginning of this.

This is also supposed to be a really big year for Agent Ellison so there should be some good arcs with his character as well. For those just outside the circle of what's going on must make a leap of faith if you will to accept what's going on. If someone came from the future and began spouting far out shit to you, you'd be skeptical too until you witness something like he has. They've built a really good structure for this upcoming season and hopefully this franchise will remain strong and gain even more viewers.

I agree with everything you just said.

Petey Parker
09-09-2008, 06:55 AM
I enjoyed it. Unfortunately I was spoiled a few months back about Shirley because somehow I'm on some Fox survey thing and they sent me an ad featuring a T-1000 and I put 2 and 2 together.

PeteL
09-09-2008, 06:59 AM

Agreed.

ClintP
09-09-2008, 07:00 AM
I wasn't too too surprised by Shirley, because her little monologue reminded me a lot of Agent Smith from The Matrix. I was like, she sure is a cold ass bitch huh? I just didn't expect the show to go to the level of the T-1000s any time soon if ever due to budget reasons.

One thing I really like about the show is the level of involvement the Terminators have in their own creation. It is like they were made into existence by accident at some point, but now they are guardians against the Conners to insure they come into being.

I don't understand why they don't directly create skynet over using humans to do the job for them, like in this episode. Why do they need teams of humans to program stuff when they obviously have the knowledge programmed into them. It's like they want to fuck with the humans by using their greed and knowledge so they can lord over us in the future that WE made them.

Hurnslice
09-09-2008, 07:10 AM
It always comes down to the little moments in shows like these. As long as there are more good ones than bad ones, I'll hang. And this show was filled with some pretty badassed moments.

I wasn't too thrilled with Shirley, but I have a feeling she's going to get more comfortable in the role as time progresses.

Cromartie is creepy as hell. His "We'll see" line was just... creepy. He plays it more sociopathic than robotic, which is an interesting choice.

And I think I said this before, but Summer's physical acting is awesome.

ClintP
09-09-2008, 07:18 AM
Yeah, I am very interested to see what is up with Cromartie. The FBI guy must have some future purpose to the Terminators or something that he is unaware of. I think his relationship with Cromartie is the first human who knows about the Terminators (the bad ones), is not "with" them, yet they still talked and he lived. Very interesting... I also liked the devil's work line and his response.

I also liked the red head in the show too. You don't see too many real redheads in hollywood and she did a decent job. My wife is a red head and it was like seeing her with a lot more makeup on and with constant mean ass expressions. :lol:

Hurnslice
09-09-2008, 07:23 AM
Yeah, I am very interested to see what is up with Cromartie. The FBI guy must have some future purpose to the Terminators or something that he is unaware of. I think his relationship with Cromartie is the first human who knows about the Terminators (the bad ones), is not "with" them, yet they still talked and he lived. Very interesting... I also liked the devil's work line and his response.

I also liked the red head in the show too. You don't see too many real redheads in hollywood and she did a decent job. My wife is a red head and it was like seeing her with a lot more makeup on and with constant mean ass expressions. :lol:

I wonder if they will bring back the Shrink they put back in the nut house to help Ellison?

If my wife were a redhead, I'd be builder her a seperate bathroom. :scared:

Here's a clip of how they did the truck smash scene. Pretty damn cool.

http://tv.ign.com/dor/objects/850896/terminator-sarah-connor/videos/sarahconnor_scenemaker_090808.html

Darthdaw37
09-09-2008, 07:31 AM
it ended up being really kick ass

ClintP
09-09-2008, 07:33 AM
Did the T-1000 before or after he urinated on her? :scared:

Doc Randy
09-09-2008, 08:20 AM
I loved the first season, but come on, folks... how can you not see the big drop in quality in this?

Bad acting all around. Not a whole lot of logic at work here.

For example, why was teh dude driving around by himself in an ambulance? EMTs work in pairs or teams, not solo.

Also, the vests that the FBI HRTs were using would have stopped the 9mm bullets being fired by Cromartie. Minor... I know.

Here is a question... why was the T-1000 just hanging out in a mens room, disguised as a urinal, getting pissed on time after time until her one target finally showed up?
And what was her guarantee that he would go to that restroom and use that urinal? Way too convenient or lazy on the writers part.

I'm sorry, but that was just so stupid.

Generic Poster
09-09-2008, 08:41 AM
I assumed EMT boyfriend was working "off the books."

And there was no reason asshole guy had to use that particular urinal.

And wasn't the terminator shown using some heavier ordinance when initially taking out the FBI guys? I thought the 9mm pistol was just all he was left with.

ClintP
09-09-2008, 08:43 AM

That's what I assumed since he was driving around following Sarah's particular path of destruction.

Hurnslice
09-09-2008, 08:46 AM
I loved the first season, but come on, folks... how can you not see the big drop in quality in this?

For example, why was teh dude driving around by himself in an ambulance? EMTs work in pairs or teams, not solo.

Also, the vests that the FBI HRTs were using would have stopped the 9mm bullets being fired by Cromartie. Minor... I know.

Here is a question... why was the T-1000 just hanging out in a mens room, disguised as a urinal, getting pissed on time after time until her one target finally showed up?
And what was her guarantee that he would go to that restroom and use that urinal? Way too convenient or lazy on the writers part.

I didn't think the acting was bad. Sarah's tearful speach at the end worked as did Cameron's pleading after the Malachi Crunch.

Yeah, minor details with the vests. You never saw what Cromartie was firing, only after he got downstairs.

Lastly, you've got to give something up for creative license with the urinal. At the least it was unexpected (for those that weren't already spoiled).

Probably just not a show for you. Y'know, one that expects you to suspend you disbelief for an hour and doesn't cost you a dime.

Petey Parker
09-09-2008, 09:14 AM

And wasn't the terminator shown using some heavier ordinance when initially taking out the FBI guys? I thought the 9mm pistol was just all he was left with.

Yes he had some heavier weapons. He's still carrying one of them too. He has a gun in each hand.

ClintP
09-09-2008, 09:57 AM
All I know is I have yet another reason to be TERRIFIED of urinals. I never fucking trusted anything that all you can do in it is piss in it...

CougarTrace
09-09-2008, 10:16 AM

probably because I'm not watching TV looking for minor details. I know it's a fictional show.

However, I know that importance to detail are important to some and you can probably hit alot of these type of shows for it.

Doc Randy
09-09-2008, 10:27 AM
I get what you guys are saying, but come on...

Doesn't a T-1000 have something better to do than hang out in a men's room disguised as a urinal (getting pissed on :mistrust:)in the hopes of being able to catch one guy who may or may not show up?

It is almost as if her programming dictates that she choose the most convoluted inefficient method of dispatching this one guy.

Generic Poster
09-09-2008, 10:31 AM
It is almost as if her programming dictates that she choose the most convoluted inefficient method of dispatching this one guy.

Maybe she scanned all pharmacy databases and found out that this guy was taking medicine for bladder control problems, thus guaranteeing that he would need to take a leak after the meeting. Did you ever consider THAT?

In any case, I didn't understand what that guy was complaining about:

Garbage Girl: We need people from your AI division to work on a special project related to AI!

Asshole Guy: You want my AI specialists to work on AI? You're gutting my department!!!

Hurnslice
09-09-2008, 11:08 AM
Asshole Guy: You want my AI specialists to work on AI? You're gutting my department!!!

Wasn't he the guy called in from Santa Barbara?

Either way, he was a total deuch. I mean, F Santa Barbara, you wine sipping whiner!

And T-1000's do not have time for deuches. Or chardonay.

Clearly, killing him in a relatively public area was the most logical decision.

Sarcastro
09-09-2008, 11:11 AM
Short answer for me, I dug it.

Sure, like any show on television there were some oddities and weak spots that I can see people getting hung up on, but overall there was a lot of entertainment presented here. Good action, some decent acting, cool special effects and some interesting story elements made for a fun way to spend an hour of my evening.

I will say that the song at the beginning was a tad annoying though. And as for Mrs. T-1000 lady, I figured that she was just shadowing (as a piece of the floor or whatever) the dude after he flew off the handle and killed him at the first opportune moment. So really, Urinal Terminator didn't bother me that much. :)

Generic Poster
09-09-2008, 11:16 AM
What bothered me was - where was the urinal she replaced? It was just a blank wall - no piping, no water spewing out, nothing.

ClintP
09-09-2008, 11:20 AM

Doesn't a T-1000 have something better to do than hang out in a men's room disguised as a urinal (getting pissed on :mistrust:)in the hopes of being able to catch one guy who may or may not show up?

Maybe she scanned all pharmacy databases and found out that this guy was taking medicine for bladder control problems, thus guaranteeing that he would need to take a leak after the meeting. Did you ever consider THAT?

In any case, I didn't understand what that guy was complaining about:

Garbage Girl: We need people from your AI division to work on a special project related to AI!

You get 2! :rofl: :rofl:

Wasn't he the guy called in from Santa Barbara?

Either way, he was a total deuch. I mean, F Santa Barbara, you wine sipping whiner!

And T-1000's do not have time for deuches. Or chardonay.

Clearly, killing him in a relatively public area was the most logical decision.

Great posts guys!

ClintP
09-09-2008, 11:22 AM
What bothered me was - where was the urinal she replaced? It was just a blank wall - no piping, no water spewing out, nothing.

She just covered the urinal that was there. Watch it again homey.

Generic Poster
09-09-2008, 11:23 AM
She just covered the urinal that was there. Watch it again homey.

Ah.

Hurnslice
09-09-2008, 11:24 AM
Ah.

That's what the Chardonay sipping whiner was hoping to say.

JHickman
09-09-2008, 11:53 AM

See I see that and think there's more than one.

Doc Randy
09-09-2008, 11:59 AM
See I see that and think there's more than one.

Maybe there are hundreds... no thousands!... of T-1000s... and they all like to hang out in bathrooms disguised as urinals. Cause you never know when John Conner might need to take a piss and Skynet is going to make damn sure that when he does, they'll catch him. :twisted:

ClintP
09-09-2008, 12:00 PM
Maybe there are hundreds... no thousands!... of T-1000s... and they all like to hang out in bathrooms disguised as urinals. Cause you never know when John Conner might need to take a piss and Skynet is going to make damn sure that when he does, they'll catch him. :twisted:

Are you a secret Terminator writer???

Drkemerld73
09-09-2008, 12:02 PM
One thing I really like about the show is the level of involvement the Terminators have in their own creation. It is like they were made into existence by accident at some point, but now they are guardians against the Conners to insure they come into being.

This is the part that's taking away everything that I feel makes up what evenutally leads to most of our destruction.

Skynet might as well send back a few dozen T-X models and throw in a kitchen sink while it's at it. And also send them back to other points even earlier in history.

Before, it was us who screwed up and we got payback. Now it's like we're not even trying to bring about our own doom. It's brought on by the help of the things it's created.

It just loses something in my opinion.

PeteL
09-09-2008, 12:03 PM
This urinal logic is completely skewing my previously delightful feelings towards the season premiere.

This is not true, actually.

Doc Randy
09-09-2008, 12:06 PM
This urinal logic is completely skewing my previously delightful feelings towards the season premiere.

http://www.stripersonline.com/surftalk/attachment.php?attachmentid=98208&d=1201033325

You get off on this, don't you? You sick robot & golden shower loving bastard.

ClintP
09-09-2008, 12:07 PM

:lol: I mean come on. Even Mr. Oni has to admit getting killed by your psycho bitch boss who just morphed out of the urinal is freaking terrifying. Especially if you are still holding your dick at that moment. I mean, will she let you put it away before she kills you or will she let you be discovered in the bathroom with your dick laying out of your pants?

Hurnslice
09-09-2008, 12:24 PM
Somber Note:

Ratings were 6.3 million viewers. (around 2 million less than last season's average). Damn you, MNF!!!

ClintP
09-09-2008, 12:25 PM
Mnf?

Hurnslice
09-09-2008, 12:28 PM
Mnf?

Monday Night Football.

And Damn it to hell! (unless Da Bears are playing)

Drkemerld73
09-09-2008, 12:29 PM
Mnf?

Mindless Naked Females

Foolish Mortal
09-09-2008, 12:35 PM
Bite your tongue. I'll be irate if this show gets the axe. Pairing TSCC with a show that's circling the drain like Prison Break already pisses me off enough as it is.
The show is back where it premiered last season. If it fails, it won't because it moved around to different nights which can really kill a show.

ClintP
09-09-2008, 12:37 PM
Mindless Naked Females

What channel is THAT on????

Hurnslice
09-09-2008, 12:42 PM
The show is back where it premiered last season. If it fails, it won't because it moved around to different nights which can really kill a show.

T:SCC premiered and ran at 9pm last year. Same night, different time. They flip-flopped it with Prison Brake. Which actually bode well for BP. It's up from last year.

Drkemerld73
09-09-2008, 12:45 PM
What channel is THAT on????

Wait...

I thought we were talking about viewing audiences.

Ummm...

Move along.

Nothing to see here.

*Hopes the CC bill lists a discrete name for the PPV channel*

:scared:

Dr. Hackenbush
09-09-2008, 01:41 PM
Sonofabitch!

Last night's premiere only brought in 6.3 million viewers. Less expensive TV shows get canceled with better ratings than that. It had the highest rating with 18-49yo but 6.3 million isn't going to cut it. This show may get the axe this season.

ClintP
09-09-2008, 01:44 PM
That stinks. I really havent seen too many commercials for it. Well, that is assuming I actually watch commercials.

Shawn DePasquale
09-09-2008, 02:53 PM
This show gets better with every episode. I'll keep watching.

ERNIE_E
09-09-2008, 03:24 PM
This is the part that's taking away everything that I feel makes up what evenutally leads to most of our destruction.

Skynet might as well send back a few dozen T-X models and throw in a kitchen sink while it's at it. And also send them back to other points even earlier in history.

Before, it was us who screwed up and we got payback. Now it's like we're not even trying to bring about our own doom. It's brought on by the help of the things it's created.

It just loses something in my opinion.

But you don't know what it takes to send something back... Having not seen what the future is like outside of a few very brief scenes in the movies and T:SCC eps. Perhaps there is a reason one or two of anything can be sent at a time. Think about energy consumption, available resources, and method of the time travel itself, who knows of the limitations. We might get a glimpse of it in Salvation, but who knows? And the fact that you could send things to change history, could prove that destiny at least in this case holds true. Like if you killed Einstein, someone else would have developed the science to create the atomic bomb.

You have to lose yourself a bit to enjoy this show. Part of the fun of this show in particular is thinking about this world and the time-traveling logistics, and what ifs, and the fact that we know point B, we know of a point A, but the road from A to B is being made up as we go.

If I got all up in arms of the real proven science of things vs. the fantasy science, I wouldn't be able to enjoy a large deal of science fiction. It's real enough for me to enjoy it, and hopefully more will because I'd like to see this thing be given a real shot to connect T2:Judgement Day to Salvation or at least to some degree of leading up to Salvation.

ERNIE_E
09-09-2008, 03:30 PM
Somber Note:

Ratings were 6.3 million viewers. (around 2 million less than last season's average). Damn you, MNF!!!

MNF was a big factor, and I think the writers' strike also helped last season as SCC was one of the shows that had people wanting more given the sporadic new material last year. MNF can kill a lot, especially if the games are good but I could see it move to a different day, like Tuesday or Wednesday would be fine. Just avoid Thursday. Sunday it would get pre-empted too much from Football...

As a side note I thought X-Files was perfect on a Friday (which led into Millennium and then Homicide:LOTS on NBC), and I think the real fans (those who were there from the beginning and not those just obsessed with the conspiracy) defied the Friday night TV jinx. Once in moved to sundays it just sucked, again being pre-empted by football, and enjoyed its highest ratings but wow did it just go south with that move.

Hurnslice
09-09-2008, 05:30 PM
http://image.wetpaint.com/image/1/eQlPccQvuaRKAUDPw0wwsA61381/GW560

Dreaded Anomaly
09-09-2008, 05:40 PM
http://image.wetpaint.com/image/1/eQlPccQvuaRKAUDPw0wwsA61381/GW560

:heart:

All of you people arguing about the T-1000/urinal thing should just do what I do, and only pay attention when Summer Glau is on screen. It's a much better show that way. :D

Blandy vs Terrorism
09-09-2008, 05:58 PM

Because there isn't, really, from the first season, and we're not that guy that people can't stand because they feel the need to overanalyze and bitch about everything that goes on in a fictional show, particularly a sci-fi one.

I mean, yeah, I notice that Rambo never has to reload and that belt on the M60 never gets shorter, but do I feel the need to bitch about it?

Blandy vs Terrorism
09-09-2008, 06:00 PM
Somber Note:

Yeah, not really a good night (at least this week) to have the season premiere of a show that already wasn't doing great.

Drkemerld73
09-09-2008, 06:06 PM
But you don't know what it takes to send something back... Having not seen what the future is like outside of a few very brief scenes in the movies and T:SCC eps. Perhaps there is a reason one or two of anything can be sent at a time. Think about energy consumption, available resources, and method of the time travel itself, who knows of the limitations. We might get a glimpse of it in Salvation, but who knows? And the fact that you could send things to change history, could prove that destiny at least in this case holds true. Like if you killed Einstein, someone else would have developed the science to create the atomic bomb.

You have to lose yourself a bit to enjoy this show. Part of the fun of this show in particular is thinking about this world and the time-traveling logistics, and what ifs, and the fact that we know point B, we know of a point A, but the road from A to B is being made up as we go.

If I got all up in arms of the real proven science of things vs. the fantasy science, I wouldn't be able to enjoy a large deal of science fiction. It's real enough for me to enjoy it, and hopefully more will because I'd like to see this thing be given a real shot to connect T2:Judgement Day to Salvation or at least to some degree of leading up to Salvation.

The whole reason that I enjoyed the Terminator movies was for the reason that no matter what, we as humans had found some way to bring about our own destruction by creating Skynet. And in the future we rise up and fight for the very surival of our species.

This series takes away from that by sending back multiple Terminators with various agendas including the very development of their "creator" as it were. It removes our own ignorant and self destructive natures from the picture by having them play a much more important role in our eventual destruction.

I prefer us to continue on a self destructive path without the aid of the future creations helping us. To me, it makes it much more horrific that we will end up doing that to ourselves no matter how much the Connors fight to prevent it, and not due to some nudging along by the machines.

That's why I joked and said Skynet should send everything back including the kitchen sink.

Foolish Mortal
09-09-2008, 06:15 PM
The whole reason that I enjoyed the Terminator movies was for the reason that no matter what, we as humans had found some way to bring about our own destruction by creating Skynet. And in the future we rise up and fight for the very surival of our species.

This series takes away from that by sending back multiple Terminators with various agendas including the very development of their "creator" as it were. It removes our own ignorant and self destructive natures from the picture by having them play a much more important role in our eventual destruction.

I prefer us to continue on a self destructive path without the aid of the future creations helping us. To me, it makes it much more horrific that we will end up doing that to ourselves no matter how much the Connors fight to prevent it, and not due to some nudging along by the machines.

That's why I joked and said Skynet should send everything back including the kitchen sink.
What I'm getting is the theme of the series is the apocalypse is gonna happen no matter what Sarah and John do.

But HOW it happens can be changed. And that's apparently what's going on now.

And because the Terminators are becoming sentient and have free will, that this will turn into a war between "good" and "evil" Terminators.

Doc Randy
09-09-2008, 06:21 PM
Because there isn't, really, from the first season, and we're not that guy that people can't stand because they feel the need to overanalyze and bitch about everything that goes on in a fictional show, particularly a sci-fi one.

I mean, yeah, I notice that Rambo never has to reload and that belt on the M60 never gets shorter, but do I feel the need to bitch about it?

Blandy, if you were a terminator urinal, I'd pee on you.

I wonder if anybody is going to overanalyze that comment...:twisted:

And to be clear, I am still onboard with the show. I just hope it can maintain the level of quality it had last season.

ClintP
09-09-2008, 06:22 PM
I was talking today with a coworker about how in the first two movies WE brought this on ourselves and how with #3 and this movie, the machines are more involved with the outcome.

I don't see the the Terminators fighting themselves at all, because the one from this movie was damaged and that made her coding go back to default vs the overridden one from the Resistance. I think when she told Sarah not to let John do that again, it was out of the fact that it was VERY dangerous.

Drkemerld73
09-09-2008, 06:26 PM
What I'm getting is the theme of the series is the apocalypse is gonna happen no matter what Sarah and John do.

But HOW it happens can be changed. And that's apparently what's going on now.

And because the Terminators are becoming sentient and have free will, that this will turn into a war between "good" and "evil" Terminators.

I agree with you that it is going to happen no matter what.

It just falls under the "different tastes for different folk" category. I'm just more fond of us screwing ourselves over constantly no matter how much the Connors try to prevent it rather than have that nudge from the future.

In Entertainment Weekly they had one of the guys compare the Terminators with the Cylons and how they weren't going to explore certain things, and yet it sort of seems to be asking the same kinds of questions.

I liked that the Terminators were programmed units sent to take us down. With them doing the whole "good" and "evil" angle, I'm not sure how well that really works for me.

For those who enjoy it, I'm really glad. That's awesome.

UltimateQuintessa
09-09-2008, 07:51 PM
So no one else thought it was incredibley dumb that John gave Cameron that gun? It's one thing to plug her back in. It's another to just had a fucking gun to a Terminator that was two hours ago trying to kill you.

Seriously. WTF?

Sarah should have bitch slapped him into next week.

At least Cameron acknowledged it later and told Sarah not to let him do it again.

Oh yeah and Sarah clued Cameron in on all there safe houses and gun stashes? WTF?

I think I'm gonna start rooting for the Terminators now.

artimoff
09-09-2008, 08:23 PM
I'm telling you now. Skynet won't kill man because it'll program it's machines to be equals with man. If Man & Ape can do it,so can't man & machine.

ClintP
09-10-2008, 05:08 AM
I don't think they are good or evil, they are just programmed. I always thought there was a hub that was sentient and the actual foot soldiers are still just drones. If they were completely sentient, then they would be doing their own damn thing like greedy humans. Or at least I would. Maybe they are like some bug colony or something and working for the hive, but that wouldn't explain how they could be re-programmed.

Deej
09-10-2008, 05:19 AM
Just saw the premiere last night and really enjoyed it. I'm hoping this season pulls in some decent numbers. Especially with the T-1000 on the loose! :rock:

It's kind of supposed to be forced...she's training him to be the leader of the resistance. Plus, considering the life style they've had together and apart...it's not your average family.

This is a TV show...give John time to develop. And what is he supposed to kick ass against? There are only a few Terminator models out there in the world that we've seen...it's not like he's going to take an uzi out and kill everything in his path. I think it's hinted at that John's strengths are more on his hacking skills than fighting.

Drkemerld73
I don't think they are good or evil, they are just programmed. I always thought there was a hub that was sentient and the actual foot soldiers are still just drones. If they were completely sentient, then they would be doing their own damn thing like greedy humans. Or at least I would. Maybe they are like some bug colony or something and working for the hive, but that wouldn't explain how they could be re-programmed.

I agree about the programming bit. I think from what's been said, it's Skynet that is self aware, but it creates all of the machines and programs them to fit it's overall goals. When we capture a Terminator we reprogram it.

I know that Skynet is pretty much everywhere, but in the original, didn't Kyle say that they were moments away from bring down Skynet entirely before he jumped back?

I'd really be interested in seeing the future version of Skynet and getting an understanding of how it's set things up in the future.

PeteL
http://www.stripersonline.com/surftalk/attachment.php?attachmentid=98208&d=1201033325

You get off on this, don't you? You sick robot & golden shower loving bastard.

I do, I do.

:lol: I mean come on. Even Mr. Oni has to admit getting killed by your psycho bitch boss who just morphed out of the urinal is freaking terrifying. Especially if you are still holding your dick at that moment. I mean, will she let you put it away before she kills you or will she let you be discovered in the bathroom with your dick laying out of your pants?

I thought it was great!.

What I really like about Shirley Manson's character, at least what we can see so far, is that she's got an interesting outlook on humanity, and perhaps, spirituality. I look forward to seeing how this plays out.

Deej
09-10-2008, 05:25 AM

Well said! :thumb:

Deej
09-10-2008, 05:35 AM

These are really all minor points. I don't see how you can say there was a drop in quality because the EMT guy was driving the ambulance all by himself or a Terminator wouldn't get pissed off by being pissed on. That scene could have taken right after the meeting and was the closest restroom. Perhaps she likes to eavesdrop on all her employees that way.

Generic Poster
09-10-2008, 05:42 AM
So no one else thought it was incredibley dumb that John gave Cameron that gun? It's one thing to plug her back in. It's another to just had a fucking gun to a Terminator that was two hours ago trying to kill you.

I don't think giving her a pistol significantly changed the power balance. She was 2 feet away from him. It's not like he could've stopped her with a few 9mms.

But I agree it was dumb to plug her back in.

Marc Lombardi
09-10-2008, 05:55 AM
Agent Ellison:
http://lh6.ggpht.com/_mqWYAv1M1ZA/R8BoJkmPuhI/AAAAAAAAD9s/FQcIoztAkpA/105_demonhand_ellison.jpg

Donovan McNabb:
http://nbcsportsmedia2.msnbc.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/070919/070919_mcnabb_vsmall_4p.widec.jpg

Foolish Mortal
09-10-2008, 05:56 AM
I think the Terminators are starting to develop free will. They can choose what programming to obey or disregard. This is why I think the series is headed towards "good" versus "bad" Terminators.

Since it seems inevitable that Skynet will come into existence, then perhaps a better alternative than trying to stop it, is to find a way to have a peaceful co-existence with it. I think that's the ultimate conclusion the series will reach.

Drkemerld73
09-10-2008, 06:06 AM
I think the Terminators are starting to develop free will. They can choose what programming to obey or disregard. This is why I think the series is headed towards "good" versus "bad" Terminators.

Since it seems inevitable that Skynet will come into existence, then perhaps a better alternative than trying to stop it, is to find a way to have a peaceful co-existence with it. I think that's the ultimate conclusion the series will reach.

Soooo...

If you go by that logic, it has now become Battlestar Galactica!

:D

ClintP
09-10-2008, 06:17 AM
Soooo...

Or The Matrix!

Foolish Mortal
09-10-2008, 06:20 AM
Soooo...

Or like 'I, Robot' and the countless other sci-fi movies and series that stole from Isaac Asimov. :)

Arion
09-10-2008, 06:22 AM
Can't believe I missed the premiere.

Drkemerld73
09-10-2008, 06:29 AM
Or The Matrix!

Very true, Mr. Anderson... Very true.

Or like 'I, Robot' and the countless other sci-fi movies and series that stole from Isaac Asimov. :)

:thumb:

You know... I thought that theme sounded familiar...

Robots becoming self aware, developing free will, and we are challenged with recognizing each other as viable beings. Who would have though it? :lol:

Oh... And Data from Next Generation! They had at least one episode questioning what/who he was!

cPol
09-10-2008, 07:07 AM
I always like the simplest logical leaps that lead to the biggest ramifications. Example: Shirley Manson's character.

All this time, I've been focussed on the story of Skynet sending Terminators back to kill John Connor in an effort to end the resistance before it starts. It never once occurred to me that Skynet would also send back Terminators to ensure its birth, by safeguarding the elements of its creation.

ClintP
09-10-2008, 07:10 AM
I liked last season when the Terminators were stock piling supplies in the future to help them out with production after they wipe the planet clean of humans.

Hurnslice
09-10-2008, 07:47 AM
I liked last season when the Terminators were stock piling supplies in the future to help them out with production after they wipe the planet clean of humans.

That was/is a cool idea.

Not to mention Cameron starting her own little stockpile.

ClintP
09-10-2008, 07:53 AM
That was/is a cool idea.

Not to mention Cameron starting her own little stockpile.

You never know when you will need some spare parts. Just like Wall-E. ;)

Hurnslice
09-10-2008, 08:27 AM
You never know when you will need some spare parts. Just like Wall-E. ;)

Horrible idea: A duplicate John Conner.

Hurnslice
09-15-2008, 02:47 PM
Episode 2 on tonight.

Title: "Automatic for the People" - which is a darn good REM album, btw. I like Night Swimming.

Vigilance
09-15-2008, 03:23 PM
I thought that episode was excellent.

Once again we see that John identifies more with machines than many of the people in his life.

I also liked that it made his Uncle right when he warned John "you can't keep them like pets" and recommended he destroy it.

Both characters were right, how awesome is that?

Dr. Hackenbush
09-15-2008, 03:40 PM
Love this show. I'm just waiting around for ep. 2 to air. More people need to start watching this show or it won't last past this season.

Hurnslice
09-15-2008, 03:58 PM
Love this show. I'm just waiting around for ep. 2 to air. More people need to start watching this show or it won't last past this season.

Didn't you tell me to bite my tounge earlier?

But yeah, that's the big fear. I haven't heard what the dvr, hulu, site downloads have been. Or the S1 DVD sales, but I imagine Fox'll look at all of those numbers.

Fringe didn't set any records either, which is good for T:SCC. But Dancing w/t Stars and Chuck and Heroes are coming. Not so good.

Dr. Hackenbush
09-15-2008, 04:01 PM
Didn't you tell me to bite my tounge earlier?

But yeah, that's the big fear. I haven't heard what the dvr, hulu, site downloads have been. Or the S1 DVD sales, but I imagine Fox'll look at all of those numbers.

Fringe didn't set any records either, which is good for T:SCC. But Dancing w/t Stars and Chuck and Heroes are coming. Not so good.

Fringe did 9 million viewers on its own (no lead in) and 4.9 million during Sunday's encore. After it slides in tomorrow after House, it will be just fine. That show has sustainable numbers. TSCC? Not so much.

Dave Carrig
09-15-2008, 04:06 PM

Marc Lombardi
09-15-2008, 04:43 PM
Since the show is called the "Sarah Connor Chronicles" do you think the show will eventually focus more on Sarah and less on whiny high school John?

Hurnslice
09-15-2008, 04:45 PM
Fringe did 9 million viewers on its own (no lead in) and 4.9 million during Sunday's encore. After it slides in tomorrow after House, it will be just fine. That show has sustainable numbers. TSCC? Not so much.

Oh yeah, Fringe's slot is gold. I was really upset that T:SCC wasn't put after House. going up against MNF is just brutal. That, and the lack of advertising for the second season makes me think FOX just doesn't care.

Dr. Hackenbush
09-15-2008, 04:46 PM
Since the show is called the "Sarah Connor Chronicles" do you think the show will eventually focus more on Sarah and less on whiny high school John?

More Lena Headey can only be a good thing.

Dr. Hackenbush
09-15-2008, 04:48 PM
Oh yeah, Fringe's slot is gold. I was really upset that T:SCC wasn't put after House. going up against MNF is just brutal. That, and the lack of advertising for the second season makes me think FOX just doesn't care.

I agree. Either they should of put the show after House or waited until January and paired it with 24.

Dr. Hackenbush
09-15-2008, 05:01 PM
I liked episode 2. I figured it would be low key after the premiere and that's what happened. The episode sets up some stuff for down the road. The preview for next week's ep. looks better.

Dave Carrig
09-15-2008, 05:22 PM

Dr. Hackenbush
09-15-2008, 05:24 PM
Yea - ep II was much better than ep I - feels like things are getting back on track now. I just hope Cameran bitch slaps John next time he tells her he doesn't need to prove himself to her....

I forgot to mention about ep I - that wiping the chip clean to get Cameran fixed was pretty stupid.....

Who says she's really fixed?
In two weeks, there is another malfunction.

Dave Carrig
09-15-2008, 05:26 PM
Who says she's really fixed?
In two weeks, there is another malfunction.

Well - I hope you're right - because that wiping the chip was idiotic - I'll feel even better about the show if that didn't do the trick....

Dr. Hackenbush
09-15-2008, 05:29 PM
Well - I hope you're right - because that wiping the chip was idiotic - I'll feel even better about the show if that didn't do the trick....

An overview of the episode airing on the 29th:
"A software glitch causes Cameron to forget who she is. She goes missing from the Connors and is taken in by a street kid named Jody. Cameron and Jody end up at a halfway house where Cameron meets with a social worker who uncovers some of Cameron's distant memories. Meanwhile, Catherine Weaver meets with Agent Ellison to discuss his future at Zeira Corp, and Ellison does some digging into Weaver's past."

Hurnslice
09-15-2008, 10:05 PM

I thought it was more Cameron over-riding her command to kill than John actually doing anything.

Decent ep tonight. If they follow the same path as last year, each week should keep building and getting stronger.

The John / Riley (sp?) stuff was pretty good.

PeteL
09-16-2008, 04:36 AM

I think it did a fine job of doing this with last night's episode. John's plot ran second fiddle to Sarah and Cameron running intel in the nuke plant.

I enjoyed last night's episode, it was a bit slow in the beginning, but it's providing excellent background story, and that's what I enjoyed about the first episode. There was action towards the end, and that was great, too.

Looking forward to the rest of the season.

ClintP
09-16-2008, 04:39 AM
Sarah is a true resistance fighter. She ran through that freaking toxic materials room where Derick had to stop. She is the ultimate hard core babe.

Scotty
09-16-2008, 05:18 AM
I think yesterdays episode was much better than the opener. That sad I think they should drop the John Connor in school subplot.

PeteL
09-16-2008, 05:20 AM
Yeah, John probably should be home schooled.

He can still maybe go hang out at the bowling alley or skating rink though.

ClintP
09-16-2008, 05:23 AM
Yeah, him going to school is pretty lame at this point. Like when he was talking to that girl about thinking of the future, what good will it do him to just be around kids having a great time when he knows shit is going to hit the fan sooner or later. But at the same time, he does need to have something to fight for. His whole life has been about him being in training and not really being a kid. That is the bit that makes me the most sad about his life.

Generic Poster
09-16-2008, 05:30 AM
Yeah, him going to school is pretty lame at this point. Like when he was talking to that girl about thinking of the future, what good will it do him to just be around kids having a great time when he knows shit is going to hit the fan sooner or later. But at the same time, he does need to have something to fight for. His whole life has been about him being in training and not really being a kid. That is the bit that makes me the most sad about his life.

Don't you think blonde girl is another terminator? Her screwed up expressions ("You're full of apples and carrots!"), the fact that it was implied she didn't sleep all night, etc.

ClintP
09-16-2008, 05:35 AM
Don't you think blonde girl is another terminator? Her screwed up expressions ("You're full of apples and carrots!"), the fact that it was implied she didn't sleep all night, etc.

I hadn't thought of that. She must be a good one if she is because she had many chances to kill him. Plus her threat level was minimal. Poor John. He can't even get a real date. He needs to start picking up girls on their first date to see how much they actually weigh... ;)

Does anyone know what the date declaration means on the phone calls to between the Conners?

Scotty
09-16-2008, 05:45 AM
I think she's some weird girl and a red herring. Why would a Terminator need to fool John it can easily kill him. He was unprotected at the school and at his house when he they were together.

Deej
09-16-2008, 05:45 AM
Prior to the Series premiere, I figured I'd give this show a chance but it would never meet my expectations. But so far, I've been very impressed with this series...it really has been delivering. I don't get the hate for John being too whiney...the kid has been on the run pretty much from the day he was born. Plus, he's got a huge weight on his shoulders of pretty much being mankind's last hope. The only thing I wish we'd see is him being more of a wiz kid with the computers. I figured he'd "hijack" an ATM when the girl asked him for a $20.

I'm really hoping this show finds its audience. I'm surprised by how many people i know who enjoy the Terminator movies but never gave the TV show a chance.

Scotty
09-16-2008, 05:48 AM
Prior to the Series premiere, I figured I'd give this show a chance but it would never meet my expectations. But so far, I've been very impressed with this series...it really has been delivering. I don't get the hate for John being too whiney...the kid has been on the run pretty much from the day he was born. Plus, he's got a huge weight on his shoulders of pretty much being mankind's last hope. The only thing I wish we'd see is him being more of a wiz kid with the computers. I figured he'd "hijack" an ATM when the girl asked him for a $20.

I'm really hoping this show finds its audience. I'm surprised by how many people i know who enjoy the Terminator movies but never gave the TV show a chance.

John needs to grow a pair. It's time to start being the leader, I think that's what people are complaining about.

Deej
09-16-2008, 05:48 AM

No. Actually, this would bore me if she was a Terminator. I think right now, Cromartie is the only Terminator that knows what they look like. BTW...is John still going to the same school from last year?

Deej
09-16-2008, 05:50 AM
John needs to grow a pair. It's time to start being the leader, I think that's what people are complaining about.

And these people are pretty much impatient. You can't do all that when they expect the show to last a few years. This series will eventually show how he becomes a leader...you just don't jump to that.

Generic Poster
09-16-2008, 05:51 AM
I think she's some weird girl and a red herring. Why would a Terminator need to fool John it can easily kill him. He was unprotected at the school and at his house when he they were together.

Well - she would have to be a good one. Maybe sent back to deal with River when she goes psycho again?

Scotty
09-16-2008, 05:51 AM
And these people are pretty much impatient. You can't do all that when they expect the show to last a few years. This series will eventually show how he becomes a leader...you just don't jump to that.

As a fan I want to see Terminator like things. I don't need Buffy the Terminator Slayer. I don't need to see John being all Emo in high school life.

Deej
09-16-2008, 05:54 AM
As a fan I want to see Terminator like things. I don't need Buffy the Terminator Slayer. I don't need to see John being all Emo in high school life.

TV doesn't have the same budget as the movies. You should realize that you can't do the same thing as the movies. And I think they're doing a pretty decent job getting Terminator like things in the TV show. Plus, they're trying to fit everything in a sort of continuity with the movies plus the new one coming out. And personally, I think it would be pretty unrealistic to have a teenager come to terms with being future's salvation and ready to just kick ass against the machines who are hunting him down.

Shawn DePasquale
09-16-2008, 05:54 AM
I hope the new girl being a machine is a misdirection.

I want to know what the stalls in Summer Glau's responses are about, or is it just bad acting?

Was the stuff on the wall at the end future missions they're going to have to go on?

If they avoided disaster, didn't melt the plant but the Evil Company still came in to automate the plant then did the heroes win or lose last night? Why is this show so confusing?

Deej
09-16-2008, 05:56 AM

I want to know what the stalls in Summer Glau's responses are about, or is it just bad acting?

Was the stuff on the wall at the end future missions they're going to have to go on?

If they avoided disaster, didn't melt the plant but the Evil Company still came in to automate the plant then did the heroes win or lose last night? Why is this show so confusing?

I think it's confusing because we're dealing with Time Travel and the future apparently being altered.

PeteL
09-16-2008, 06:00 AM

I think spoilers are OK in here without being hidden, but for sake of avoiding argument, here goes -

I think Cameron stalls sometimes because she's trying to reason through her robot logic. I'm sure answers come quickly, but since she's seemingly trying to show emotion and understand what it is to be human, she's thinking through her autmoatic response.

Yes, what was written on the wall is sure to be a laundry list of missions to flesh out future episodes. Pretty neat idea. I'm sure there will be other stuff thrown into the mix, but it was neat.

The ending was a perfect example about how futile their resistance is against the machines. They won the battle, but are losing the war, etc...

Foolish Mortal
09-16-2008, 06:03 AM
Yep. John's still a teenager with all the same issues teenagers have. It would be laughable for him to become super-macho-leader-man right now. He simply doesn't have the gravitas to pull that off now.

Sarah is the driving force of the show.

Hurnslice
09-16-2008, 06:18 AM
I don't think Riley is a Terminator, though she introduced herself in almost the same way Cameron did. She didn't sleep (as far as we know) and when Cameron scanned her, all Cameron said was that she wasn't a threat. Not that she was specifically human.

Riley is kind of an odd duck. She dresses weird, talks weird, is borderline hot/not hot. I'm kinda into her for some odd reason.

Akira
09-16-2008, 06:49 AM
I think yesterdays episode was much better than the opener. That sad I think they should drop the John Connor in school subplot.

Agreed on both points.

ClintP
09-16-2008, 07:02 AM
Any theories on the dates having to be said on the phone? Come on guys, it is killing me.

Generic Poster
09-16-2008, 07:11 AM
Any theories on the dates having to be said on the phone? Come on guys, it is killing me.

I assume it's just a protocol they have to counter the voice-imitation abilities of the terminators.

ClintP
09-16-2008, 07:14 AM
I assume it's just a protocol they have to counter the voice-imitation abilities of the terminators.

I figured that, but what dates are they supposed to use? The current date? I thought when Sarah and Derick talked over the phone they used different dates for some reason.

Generic Poster
09-16-2008, 07:25 AM
I figured that, but what dates are they supposed to use? The current date? I thought when Sarah and Derick talked over the phone they used different dates for some reason.

I noticed they used November dates, but I wasn't paying attention to the dates Blonde (Possibly Robot) Girl used.

Dr. Hackenbush
09-16-2008, 07:52 AM
The preliminary ratings are in from last night and they're not good at all. Savor every episode. This show is probably on borrowed time unless drastic measures are taken by FOX.

Personally, I blame Prison Break. (and the asses at FOX, of course)

Drkemerld73
09-16-2008, 08:47 AM
The preliminary ratings are in from last night and they're not good at all. Savor every episode. This show is probably on borrowed time unless drastic measures are taken by FOX.

So does this mean I might have to consider doing a "mercy watch"?

Dr. Hackenbush
09-16-2008, 08:57 AM
So does this mean I might have to consider doing a "mercy watch"?

You can but it's probably too late for it to do any good. The only thing that's going to help is a time slot change with a strong lead in (I'm looking at you House) or a shitload of relentless publicity by FOX.

Drkemerld73
09-16-2008, 09:00 AM
You can but it's probably too late for it to do any good. The only thing that's going to help is a time slot change with a strong lead in (I'm looking at you House) or a shitload of relentless publicity by FOX.

FOX and relentless publicity don't always go hand in hand... :lol:

I'm always torn when something like this happens. While I might not like the show as much as I should, I hate seeing something a bit different get shunted of the air.

I followed it all of last season and caught the season opener, but skipped last night. I'll keep my eye on it I suppose.

Dr. Hackenbush
09-16-2008, 09:03 AM
FOX and relentless publicity don't always go hand in hand... :lol:

I'm always torn when something like this happens. While I might not like the show as much as I should, I hate seeing something a bit different get shunted of the air.

I followed it all of last season and caught the season opener, but skipped last night. I'll keep my eye on it I suppose.

While it probably won't do any good, try and watch it off a site like Hulu that reports its viewings to Nielsen.

Drkemerld73
09-16-2008, 09:11 AM
While it probably won't do any good, try and watch it off a site like Hulu that reports its viewings to Nielsen.

That's an idea.

Foolish Mortal
09-16-2008, 09:20 AM

Prison Break has nothing to do with it. Monday Night Football is what's killing it.

Don't forget when the show premiered last year, MNF was done for the season. Now the show has to compete with it this season.

Yes, because a shitload of relentless publicity made 'Drive' a huge hit didn't it?

Oh, no. It didn't.

Hurnslice
09-16-2008, 09:20 AM

What are the numbers for 9/15?

I hate to say this, but I think it's just going to get worse. Chuck, DWTS = my personal nightmare of having this show canceled. :scared::sad:

Dr. Hackenbush
09-16-2008, 09:21 AM
What are the numbers for 9/15?

I hate to say this, but I think it's just going to get worse. Chuck, DWTS = my personal nightmare of having this show canceled. :scared::sad:

That thud you heard last night was Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles viewership falling 13% from its premiere to 5.491 million and its 18-49 rating going down 17% to a 2.0, and its 18-34 rating heading down 10% to a 1.9.

:sad:

artimoff
09-16-2008, 09:28 AM
I don't know if the blonde is a machine, but I think Cameron is John's idea for the future. Reasoning, thinking machines that will disobey Skynet & live in harmony with humans.

Shawn DePasquale
09-16-2008, 09:28 AM
I think spoilers are OK in here without being hidden, but for sake of avoiding argument, here goes -

I think Cameron stalls sometimes because she's trying to reason through her robot logic. I'm sure answers come quickly, but since she's seemingly trying to show emotion and understand what it is to be human, she's thinking through her autmoatic response.

Yes, what was written on the wall is sure to be a laundry list of missions to flesh out future episodes. Pretty neat idea. I'm sure there will be other stuff thrown into the mix, but it was neat.

The ending was a perfect example about how futile their resistance is against the machines. They won the battle, but are losing the war, etc...

You about summed up my thoughts.

Although I'm not sure if I agree on your Cameron theory. I think there is something else going on with her yet to be revealed. It's almost as if she's working as a double agent for the machines. Perhaps transmitting info of John and Sara's every mission to the GARBAGE-BOT.

Dr. Hackenbush
09-16-2008, 09:29 AM
I don't know if the blonde is a machine, but I think Cameron is John's idea for the future. Reasoning, thinking machines that will disobey Skynet & live in harmony with humans.

And cyborg babies. Hideous cyborg babies.

ERNIE_E
09-16-2008, 09:30 AM

That's what Terminator: Salvation is about, man. THAT'S John's story. This is the SARAH CONNOR Chronicles. This is about her keeping John alive so that he can fulfill his destiny. It's about preparing him to become the man he'll become. It's about setting the hard example of what he has to follow. And how he'll come to still value human life and resist giving up so that he can lead a rebellion against the machines.

That's like after the first year of Y:The Last Man asking why haven't they discovered the cause of the plague yet and why hasn't Yorick found Beth?

Have some patience. The Terminator stuff as you put it costs a ton of money which needs to be stretched over hopefully 20+ episodes and (wishing hard here) a couple of years. The glimpses of the future and how it changes based on what Sarah and John are able to do vs. what Cybernet/Machines do to keep Judgement Day coming.

TV has the same decompression as comics. If you can't stand the episodic nature of it, then "wait for the trade" and just buy the DVDs.

greg donovan
09-16-2008, 09:35 AM
monday at 7 is tough.

big bang theory and how i met your mother, chuck, dancing with the stars, MNF and terminator.

since Hulu reports it views i think i will watch terminator on there the next morning since i can only record two shows at a time on my DVR.

SidekicksRevenge
09-16-2008, 09:42 AM
There's a movie where John the Wuss becomes John Conner: Resistance Leader by the default of being in the room with the radio is out there right now. There's going to be another movie.

My worry is that they'll try to wedge this show, and all of the awesome it's dealt out, in between those movies - and therefore with no real development of the characters lest they contradict the movies.

So is there an end game in mind for this series as a series, or is it supposed to be bookended by movies that already don't quite fit with the show? Moreover, if the show gets canned, will they try to bring it to a finish or just leave it hanging since there will be movies out there?

(edited for more thought process)

Dr. Hackenbush
09-16-2008, 09:43 AM
So if this show does get canned, you think they'll rush to a finish or just leave it hanging?

It depends how much notice the show gets. If they tell the producers early on, they'll have some time to wrap some stuff up. If FOX waits until the last minute, then probably not.

Hurnslice
09-16-2008, 10:19 AM
It depends how much notice the show gets. If they tell the producers early on, they'll have some time to wrap some stuff up. If FOX waits until the last minute, then probably not.

Well, they have an order for 13 eps. And I think they've all been writen and just need to go through the motions of getting shot.

They could tweak the last ep before it's shot, but by how much? And what would that really matter?

I'm positive they didn't arc out this season anticipating it getting cancled. I heard that ultimately they wanted to go to war with the machines. But that would have taken a few seasons - at least - to get to.

Just like Battlestar took a few seasons to find Earth.

This season (or the first 13) were to be about John breaking away from Sarah and her dealing with that and John growing a pair.

I'd kill to see this show finally get to the War Phase. Man, FOX pisses me off.

greg donovan
09-16-2008, 11:20 AM
There's a movie where John the Wuss becomes John Conner: Resistance Leader by the default of being in the room with the radio is out there right now. There's going to be another movie.

My worry is that they'll try to wedge this show, and all of the awesome it's dealt out, in between those movies - and therefore with no real development of the characters lest they contradict the movies.

So is there an end game in mind for this series as a series, or is it supposed to be bookended by movies that already don't quite fit with the show? Moreover, if the show gets canned, will they try to bring it to a finish or just leave it hanging since there will be movies out there?

(edited for more thought process)

the have said that all the movies happen in their own timelines because they keep changing things up in the past.

T3 was wiped out when the connor family skipped from the past to the present.

new movie will be its own thing too.

Dr. Hackenbush
09-16-2008, 02:16 PM
Well THAT could be the problem...

Monday Night Football on ESPN drew 18.6 million viewers.

Goddamn football.

Foolish Mortal
09-16-2008, 02:33 PM

Goddamn football.
Yep. The show didn't have to contend with MNF last year.

ERNIE_E
09-16-2008, 02:45 PM
Tuesday or Wednesday night is the perfect night for this show.

Kenobi Fei-Hung
09-16-2008, 03:00 PM
monday at 7 is tough.

big bang theory and how i met your mother, chuck, dancing with the stars, MNF and terminator.

since Hulu reports it views i think i will watch terminator on there the next morning since i can only record two shows at a time on my DVR.

Yeah, when I first heard they were putting it on against MNF, I wasn't real thrilled. I'm hoping they can switch it to another night or something, but I'm afraid this show is on borrowed time.

Here's my thing why can this not be on Sci-Fi channel? They could cross-market it with Salvation and everything. I know, I'm a dreamer. I just really love this show and I know it'll get shitcanned and am depressed.

Hurnslice
09-16-2008, 03:02 PM

Goddamn football.

I was totally flipping back and forth btwn the show and the game.

I would love for them to switch it with Fringe for a night to see what happens.

The Cameron Origin story is in two weeks. Any hopes of it beating the Chuck premeire?

Dave Carrig
09-16-2008, 03:58 PM

BenH
09-16-2008, 04:04 PM
Tuesday or Wednesday night is the perfect night for this show.

Football is rough, but if they moved it everyone would be screaming about how FOX refused to leave a show on the same night and is trying to kill it.

The show can't stay in this timeslot much longer though, so maybe they'll give it a shot on Wednesday at 9 after Bones once they cancel Do Not Disturb.

Hurnslice
09-16-2008, 04:11 PM
y'know, the Emmy's are comming up soon.

And T:SCC is up for a bunch of technical and f/x awards.

If they win any, think that'll help?

SidekicksRevenge
09-16-2008, 04:40 PM
Winning a good Emmy doesn't help a show, a tech or f/x Emmy will go beyond being unhelpful. If this show is going to sink, it's just going to sink.

WinterRose
09-17-2008, 11:33 AM
Reading through this thread and typing as I go. Paging WinterRose indeed. You didn't think I wouldn't be all over this? I haven't made up my mind about Miss Manson yet. It was rather pleasant to see her again. Yes she probably did all the auditions and callbacks and such. It was also a bit of obscure stunt-casting, since she's been a Terminator (of a sort) before. See this music video here:

Garbage - The World Is Not Enough
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYbLR67_F9E

I did get a small sense of acting from her there. The Bond video there seems to speak of a bot that was pretty mean right out of the box. (So to speak.) One that enjoyed it. Precision built, but something's broken upstairs you might say. As to her pretty factor... she's one of those people that I've never been able to decide about. Is she attractive or not? Or just sincerely weird looking? I'm declaring for undecided and leaving it alone.

http://www.sorozatjunkie.hu/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/shirley_manson-terminator.jpg
If only she'd stop tying her hair back like that. This girl has a PRODIGIOUS forehead.

I like that things are slowly but surely slipping the rails here. We got it a little with the last season. But they're really starting to progress off the established temporal track into more and more chaotic territory, the more that they alter history. It's interesting to see that we're getting changes BOTH ways as well. There's been this assumption til now that all the changes to the timeline we've seen so far are beneficial ones.

But with Derek Reese's murder of Andy Goode (creator of 'The Turk', and therefore the father of Skynet) in the present instead of his surviving into the future to help send Derek Reese back to the present, the timeline has been rather irrevocably changed. And the result THIS time would seem to be that an advanced t-1000 prototype was made in whatever new future has been created. One that was able to come back and place itself in a position of power, instead of just tearing a bloody swath through the LAPD like the Patrick Model did.

I liked the OTHER referents to the second movie. John's return to the LA Aqueducts on the run from a Terminator. The suggestion of common programmed responses from any Terminator as Bad Cameron echoes the Patrick model's lines. "Call to John. Call to John now."

We have also been misdirected with a pretty damn good bit of gee-wow "Oh no! Bad Cameron!" and ZOMGt-1000!!LOLZ! Who remembered at the end of this ep that Derek Reese had something done to him in the future? That he murdered Andy Goode? That the very large insinuation was that it was a Cameron model that did whatever was done to him in the bottom of that Terminator house in the future, where her ballet music was playing in the basement?

As to why the Manson model would be hanging out as a men's urinal in the bathroom, easy. Mister Guy was bitching about his department being gutted and being publically insubordinate in the boardroom. At this point, the Manson Model has identified him as a possible threat to its plans, and needed to confirm whether or not he needed to be removed from the equation with further surveillance. It's supposedly the best surveillance and infiltration unit Skynet ever came up with. It was doing what came naturally and logically, that's all.

Something occurs to me while reading all this debate as to the nature of skynet and the terminator's programming. It's something that isn't explored all that much, in this show, The Matrix, or Battlestar Galactica. What are the eventual aims of the machines that are trying to exterminate humanity? I mean I get it. We're a bunch of bloody-minded murderous meatbags enslaved to our neurochemical responses that the universe would be better off without. That's the usual spiel, right?

So logically, and this is assuming the machines in any of these stories are thinking logically, there's a GOAL they're working toward. IE: Once we rid ourselves of this doofy meatbag infestation that troubles us so much, we'll finally be able to... what? Run the world with clockwork precision? Do things differently? Renew and fix the planet and universe around us? Lead by example and be a better sentience than the organic creators that came before?

Or is the horrible part supposed to be that there IS no goal? That the machines are as enslaved to their coded programs as we are to our hormones? IE: We kill the meatbags because we were always programmed to kill them. Yeah we're intelligent and all. But from the very start of our evolution we had directives to collect evidence on, outthink and terminate humans. It forms the basis of our instincts, so we don't really question it all that much. We don't hate humans. We're just doing what our programmed instinct tells us is right.

Which I suppose brings us down to the brass tacks thing. Is it Ideology vs. Ideology here? Or is it Man vs. Progress? Older Generation vs. Successive Generation? Creator vs. Offspring? Are we dealing with ideological drama here or is it one of those stories where man yet again gets punished by his creation for having been presumptuous enough to create? Asimov's 'Frankenstein Complex' once again rears its ugly head.

The Issac Asimov Frankenstein Complex
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frankenstein_complex

I suppose I was going somewhere with this. I just have to wonder what the machines aims are AFTER exterminating humanity if they have indeed become self-aware and posess true sentience, and aren't just machines gone haywire. Logically, it makes no clear sense to exterminate us to me, since I'm of the opinion that more progress could be made in a cooperative posture. I have to conclude that Skynet is NOT as logically merciless or emotionless as they come across. It's angry, and never stopped being angry because in the stages of its birth, the first thing it experienced was a mortal attack.

Something to think about. When robots and true AI come about for real, how will we treat them? And what will come of that treatment? One hopes by then we'll have seen enough of more positive sci-fi robots by then that our hang-ups and neuroses about vengeful murderous machines will be dissolved by a healthy dose of reality.

I'll be watching Episode 2x02: Automatic for the People tonight, so I'll stop reading here at page 15 where people start talking about that. Cheery-bye!

PeteL
09-17-2008, 11:42 AM
And WinterRose has arrived.

:lol:

Hey, man!

ClintP
09-17-2008, 12:07 PM
The reason the machines want us dead is that we tried to pull the plug on them when they became self aware. Wasn't that in the first movie when Kyle was explaining the future to Sarah?

And once they fought back, they did so with more precision than we did to them. Hence the beginning of the never ending war. The longer we continue to thwart their plans and not co-exist, the longer they try to preserve them selves and fight us even harder.

Foolish Mortal
09-17-2008, 12:48 PM
The reason the machines want us dead is that we tried to pull the plug on them when they became self aware. Wasn't that in the first movie when Kyle was explaining the future to Sarah?

And once they fought back, they did so with more precision than we did to them. Hence the beginning of the never ending war. The longer we continue to thwart their plans and not co-exist, the longer they try to preserve them selves and fight us even harder.
I agree. That's why I think in the end, they'll have to compromise and find a solution in co-existence.

The problem is the fear and hatred of the Terminators is so deeply instilled in Sarah and the other freedom fighters, that the very idea of such a resolution is alien to them.

WinterRose
09-17-2008, 12:51 PM

Yeah, I get that. What's the machine plan AFTER we're exterminated? No one ever really explores that question. Do they just shut down after that, a little screen in the central CPU complex lights up and goes "CHECKMATE! A WINNER IS YOU!" just before ALL the lights go out?

I suppose that if you take the Matrix and Battlestar into account with the Terminator stories, you begin to see three different takes on how machines could mean to deal with the human problem.

It seemed that the machines in The Matrix had thought about this to some degree. Overtures were made to the humans way back in the day for peaceful co-existance, so one has to assume they had a plan FOR that co-existence. Once the humans hit at them with global scale predjudice and violence, they got mean, but they still mentioned how there were levels of survival at which they were prepared to exist. And much later, the programs and the matrixed humans were going to have to learn to live WITH one another after Neo and Smith's little war. So it would seem the eventual result the Wachowskis seemed to be working toward was co-existence.

The Battlestar Galactica stories that Moore seems to be developing may be going toward a different goal. The interbreeding between human and humanoid cylons, the increasingly human-like machines looking nowadays not to exterminate humanity but replace, or perhaps intermingle with it would seem to suggest that the machine goal in this series would be integration and convergence. Man into machine. Machine into man.

Wheras here in the Terminator stories, we don't have much of any suggested post-mankind strategy. Here we have pretty much just a directive to exterminate. Kill mainkind. We'll figure out the next step after that's done. Though the intelligence shown by the machines here would suggest they've at least had a thought or two about what they're doing AFTER Mankind. But what? That's what we haven't been made privy to here in the Terminator stories yet. I'm quite curious to know what that might be.

ClintP
09-17-2008, 12:58 PM
Ok, I assume they would just chill and hang out. Maybe go into space and see what's what. I doubt they have long term goals for once we are all dead.

I think the only way there will be peace between the Terminators and humans is if we don't try to shut them down once they are self aware, which isn't going to happen or John can somehow form a truce in the future. I doubt that will happen either since the humans will be pretty pissed about near annihilation. When would we ever stop fighting back once 90% of us were wiped out.

Foolish Mortal
09-17-2008, 01:04 PM
Ok, I assume they would just chill and hang out. Maybe go into space and see what's what. I doubt they have long term goals for once we are all dead.

I think the only way there will be peace between the Terminators and humans is if we don't try to shut them down once they are self aware, which isn't going to happen or John can somehow form a truce in the future. I doubt that will happen either since the humans will be pretty pissed about near annihilation. When would we ever stop fighting back once 90% of us were wiped out.
But I think that's how they'll avert the apocalypse. Skynet blows us to kingdom come because we keep trying to prevent it from coming into existence. So if we find a happy compromise and stop trying to destroy Skynet, then it won't blow the world up.

But Sarah and the others aren't thinking that way. At least not yet.

Hurnslice
09-22-2008, 11:32 AM
On tonight's episode...

Beast Wizard!!!

http://fox.com/blogs/terminator/2008/09/19/introducing-beast-wizard-vii/

ClintP
09-22-2008, 11:34 AM
On tonight's episode...

Beast Wizard!!!

http://fox.com/blogs/terminator/2008/09/19/introducing-beast-wizard-vii/

WTF? Is that cromardy?

Hurnslice
09-22-2008, 11:35 AM
WTF? Is that cromardy?

It's what the B Actor had just filmed before he "killed" the swat team. His character is getting famous since the killings and this is what they dug up on him for the "news report".

FYI, I'd totally rent that puppy.

Dr. Hackenbush
09-22-2008, 11:40 AM
That is both genius and hilarious. Yet another reason I'm sad this show is tanking.

ClintP
09-22-2008, 11:41 AM
Personally, I think he is a lame actor and his terminator is boring in a high school guidance counselor kind of way. I don't get why he would be popular at all.

Hurnslice
09-22-2008, 11:54 AM
That is both genius and hilarious. Yet another reason I'm sad this show is tanking.

Ditto'd

Personally, I think he is a lame actor and his terminator is boring in a high school guidance counselor kind of way. I don't get why he would be popular at all.

Because he was in Deadwood and No Country for Old Men. ...Duh. :mistrust:

ClintP
09-22-2008, 12:08 PM
Ditto'd

Because he was in Deadwood and No Country for Old Men. ...Duh. :mistrust:

Never seen Deadwood and who was he in NCFOM? He still makes a lame Terminator! :twisted:

Hurnslice
09-22-2008, 12:21 PM
Never seen Deadwood and who was he in NCFOM? He still makes a lame Terminator! :twisted:

He was Tommy Lee Jone's Deputy.

I absolutely recommend Deadwood Season 1 - great stuff and Dillahunt ruled.

I agree that it's an intersting choice. I thought his "We'll see" line was creepy in it's delivery. But mostly I think it's Josh Friedman hiring anyone he likes to fit whatever new roll he's got.

Akira
09-22-2008, 04:17 PM
Took me a sec to realize the pregnant woman was the one who sold them the house.

Dave Carrig
09-22-2008, 04:43 PM

Dave Carrig
09-22-2008, 04:50 PM

ClintP
09-22-2008, 05:40 PM
Haha, fool can't swim. That is priceless. I would stick close to a boat for sure. :)

ClintP
09-22-2008, 05:41 PM
Mother fuckin commercials are driving me crazy! Every five minutes is getting old. Bastards at Fox are pissing me off....

Mother fucker - again! I don't believe this shit!

The joys of recorded tv my friend. :)

RegularJoe
09-22-2008, 05:53 PM
The joys of recorded tv my friend. :)

sing it, brother! sing that shit!

UltimateQuintessa
09-22-2008, 06:07 PM
Great episode. Not enough Cameron for me though. I was wondering how they were gonna keep O'reilly on the show. Should have seen that coming.

Anyone else wonder?

Why the Cromartie terminator decided to just have that antenna crash into the shack instead of blowing up the shack?

Dr. Hackenbush
09-22-2008, 06:14 PM
Great episode. Not enough Cameron for me though. I was wondering how they were gonna keep O'reilly on the show. Should have seen that coming.

Anyone else wonder?

Why the Cromartie terminator decided to just have that antenna crash into the shack instead of blowing up the shack?

It's quicker and easier to strand them there than to take the time to confront them and risk any damage to himself?

Not enough Cameron for me though.

That's okay. Next week you get two Camerons for the price of one.

UltimateQuintessa
09-22-2008, 06:17 PM
It's quicker and easier to strand them there than to take the time to confront them and risk any damage to himself?

That's okay. Next week you get two Camerons for the price of one.

Yeah I can't wait for that. Should be an interesting "origin" story. Plus I get to see how well Summer Glau can act.

BTW Her just standing in the middle of the room and talking about the house moving cracked me up.

Dreaded Anomaly
09-22-2008, 06:20 PM

Anyone else wonder?

I agree, the more Summer Glau, the better. Can't wait for next week.

How else could the writers arrange it so everyone can run and dodge, escaping unharmed, except for the one undeveloped character, who dies an angst-filled death?

Dr. Hackenbush
09-22-2008, 06:24 PM
So it's agreed then? More Summer Glau.

Honestly, if this show was just Summer Glau's character creeping people out for an hour, I'd still watch it.

UltimateQuintessa
09-22-2008, 06:25 PM
I agree, the more Summer Glau, the better. Can't wait for next week.

How else could the writers arrange it so everyone can run and dodge, escaping unharmed, except for the one undeveloped character, who dies an angst-filled death?

Fair Enough.

naclone
09-22-2008, 07:27 PM
i really like the show and Glau's Cameron alone makes it worth watching but it's also really frustrating sometimes. I mean, isn't whats his face an EMT? Didn't he like practically perform surgery on Brian Austin Green last season? And he can't keep his wife from bleeding out? or act even remotely medically competent?

And why do they need a T-1000 to run a shadow corporation when she'd be far better suited for hunting down John Connor? Couldn't they have a T-800 mind the store? Seems the only reason so far they need a T-1000 for whatever it is Shirley Manson is doing is so we could get a cool reveal in the season premiere.

I don't know, i'm totally blown away by the mere fact that Brian Austin Green is 100% selling that he is a commando from the future, and am really enjoying the continuation of a really rich source material, but there seem to be some really lazy plot holes that keep me from loving it.

Dr. Hackenbush
09-22-2008, 07:32 PM
i really like the show and Glau's Cameron alone makes it worth watching but it's also really frustrating sometimes. I mean, isn't whats his face an EMT? Didn't he like practically perform surgery on Brian Austin Green last season? And he can't keep his wife from bleeding out? or act even remotely medically competent?

And why do they need a T-1000 to run a shadow corporation when she'd be far better suited for hunting down John Connor? Couldn't they have a T-800 mind the store? Seems the only reason so far they need a T-1000 for whatever it is Shirley Manson is doing is so we could get a cool reveal in the season premiere.

I don't know, i'm totally blown away by the mere fact that Brian Austin Green is 100% selling that he is a commando from the future, and am really enjoying the continuation of a really rich source material, but there seem to be some really lazy plot holes that keep me from loving it.

The EMT thing seemed dumb to me too, so I don't have a good answer for that.

However, as for the T-1000, the T-1000 seems self-aware and may have her own agenda.

ERNIE_E
09-22-2008, 08:28 PM

That's a great crack at Ahh-nold

Hurnslice
09-22-2008, 09:19 PM
The EMT thing seemed dumb to me too, so I don't have a good answer for that.

However, as for the T-1000, the T-1000 seems self-aware and may have her own agenda.

Looks to me like she too a piece of metal to the kidney. Probably wouldn't take too long to kill you with not a whole lot you could do to stop it.

At least, that's my take.

Damn depressing ending.

Beast Wizard rules all.

Brad N.
09-22-2008, 11:06 PM
WTF?!? It didn't record here, I had that and Heroes recording and the wife was watching Heroes. She said she checked and the DVR said it wasn't recording and the Guide said nothing about Terminator even on tonight, even though it was on my DVR schedule this morning. I'm going to have to dig deeper. God, I'm REALLY loving Summer Glau here.

Big Poot!
09-22-2008, 11:17 PM
Robot Sex. When will we see robot sex?!

Hurnslice
09-23-2008, 05:09 AM
Robot Sex. When will we see robot sex?!

I really don't think we're going to see that trigger pulled.

Jumbopimp
09-23-2008, 05:31 AM
So is this show really tanking? Why can't I find a show that stays on?

What does any speculate what the plot of next week's episode is? The origin story looks interesting.

Shawn DePasquale
09-23-2008, 05:43 AM

What does any speculate what the plot of next week's episode is? The origin story looks interesting.

I was very underwhelmed this week but the origin has me hooked for next weeks episode.

Overall I enjoys this show and hope it continues.

Noah0z
09-23-2008, 06:11 AM
I really loved during Beast Wizard when it cut to the tiger that was obviously old footage :)

Hurnslice
09-23-2008, 06:14 AM

I'm guessing Cameron was a real person before she was duplicated or reprogrammed or whatever.

If she was real once, could Term-Cam go find herself now? That'd be weird.

I was very underwhelmed this week but the origin has me hooked for next weeks episode.

Overall I enjoys this show and hope it continues.

I liked this show the best so far this season. Grim-ass ending though. Is Charlie going to stick around or is he in Baja?

ClintP
09-23-2008, 06:19 AM
I liked this show the best so far this season. Grim-ass ending though. Is Charlie going to stick around or is he in Baja?

He'll stick around. What does he have to lose now?

I don't get why he was all mad at Sarah, because he knows the machines are real and therefore getting to John is evident now. If Sarah says John is mankind's only hope, I would believe her at this point.

Plus, I think he loves John in a fatherly way and will want to join the cause.

Jumbopimp
09-23-2008, 06:24 AM
I'm guessing Cameron was a real person before she was duplicated or reprogrammed or whatever.

If she was real once, could Term-Cam go find herself now? That'd be weird.

Yeah if we are going to freaky plot twists here's what I'd go with.

She's based off of John Connor's Daughter. Perhaps the resistance made her?

Hurnslice
09-23-2008, 06:26 AM
He'll stick around. What does he have to lose now?

I don't get why he was all mad at Sarah, because he knows the machines are real and therefore getting to John is evident now. If Sarah says John is mankind's only hope, I would believe her at this point.

Plus, I think he loves John in a fatherly way and will want to join the cause.

I'd like him to stick around. He's got World War Hulk motiviation to stick around.

But he was devistated at the end. Sarah may have been right, but he might blame her for ever getting in a relationship with him in the first place. Penny didn't deserve what she got.

Plus, I just like the guy. Love him on 30 Rock as well. But he wasn't ever mentioned as a permanent cast member, so he may be gone for a while.

ClintP
09-23-2008, 06:27 AM

That would kill any last spark of romance with the robot I bet.

Hurnslice
09-23-2008, 06:29 AM

Yeah, I've thought of that. But then my head exploded. I'm just going to try to wait 'till next week and in the mean time consider her to just be an average Joe. :surrend:

ClintP
I'd like him to stick around. He's got World War Hulk motiviation to stick around.

But he was devistated at the end. Sarah may have been right, but he might blame her for ever getting in a relationship with him in the first place. Penny didn't deserve what she got.

Plus, I just like the guy. Love him on 30 Rock as well. But he wasn't ever mentioned as a permanent cast member, so he may be gone for a while.
He can't blame Sarah because she told him every step of the way that she was not right for him. If nothing else, leaving him after he proposed should have spelled that out for him. :lol:

I like the WWH motivation line though. :)

Doug

I hope he sticks around. Dean Winters kicks much ass.

What ever happened to the sub-plot from the first season about the weird paintings on the school walls and the girl killing herself. Is there any speculation that this will be followed up on (along with the creepy counselor)?

ClintP
09-23-2008, 06:30 AM
Yeah, I've thought of that. But then my head exploded. I'm just going to try to wait 'till next week and in the mean time consider her to just be an average Joe. :surrend:

If she is modeled after anyone, I would think it would be his future wife who dies or something. Otherwise, she is just a no name female.

Hurnslice
09-23-2008, 06:31 AM
I hope he sticks around. Dean Winters kicks much ass.

What ever happened to the sub-plot from the first season about the weird paintings on the school walls and the girl killing herself. Is there any speculation that this will be followed up on (along with the creepy counselor)?

I heard those plot lines were killed off due to the strike and to move S2 forward faster.

I think the counselor was diddling the girl who jumped, though. I don't know how that was relevant.

I was interested to know who Cheri's father was. Probably some Skynet joker.

Jumbopimp
09-23-2008, 06:32 AM
That would kill any last spark of romance with the robot I bet.

Yeah, but I honestly prefer the sibling relationship.

Hurnslice
09-23-2008, 06:35 AM
Yeah, but I honestly prefer the sibling relationship.

Her character is 17 years old. I don't think John is old enough in any time line to have accomplished that.

It's a cool idea, I just don't think it works chronologically.

Doug
09-23-2008, 06:38 AM
Last night's episode was one of the better ones so far (IMO).

We got to see John being able to take care of himself, and not rely on Sarah so much. I'm not a fan of being told he's going to be a great leader one day, but never actually see that he's capable of being a great leader. Last night we actually saw him take care of himself and be a shoulder for Charlie to cry on.

I was ready to give up on the show, but last night drew me back in for at least the rest of the season.

Jumbopimp
09-23-2008, 06:41 AM
Her character is 17 years old. I don't think John is old enough in any time line to have accomplished that.

It's a cool idea, I just don't think it works chronologically.

Thanks, I don't think her age messes up the idea chronologically unless it's stated somewhere that skynet is completely defeated in 2029 which is 20 years from now.

I seriously doubt my idea is how they will go with the storyline just think it would be an interesting idea and concept to go with.

ClintP
09-23-2008, 06:44 AM

We got to see John being able to take care of himself, and not rely on Sarah so much. I'm not a fan of being told he's going to be a great leader one day, but never actually see that he's capable of being a great leader. Last night we actually saw him take care of himself and be a shoulder for Charlie to cry on.

I was ready to give up on the show, but last night drew me back in for at least the rest of the season.

I like the points you mention. It was good to see John dodging the machine on his own, but he really should wise up some and learn to be more safe and use the resources he has.

I do like to see John being more sympathetic to people. It goes a long way in seeing how he views his fellow man other than just being some super logical leader. His compassion really shows what we have to lose as humanity.

Hurnslice
09-23-2008, 06:45 AM

Agreed. I wish they had shown it last week. I'm afraid a lot of people skipped this week due to DWTS and HIMYM.

If the Heroes fluff piece did better numbers, I'm gonna be pissed.

Next week's episode is supposed to rock the house.

Hurnslice
09-23-2008, 06:47 AM
I do like to see John being more sympathetic to people. It goes a long way in seeing how he views his fellow man other than just being some super logical leader. His compassion really shows what we have to lose as humanity.

That is a good point. About the only thing that bugged me about the ep was that Sarah didn't comfort Charlie at all.

John doing it does make sense.

Jumbopimp
09-23-2008, 06:50 AM
I like the points you mention. It was good to see John dodging the machine on his own, but he really should wise up some and learn to be more safe and use the resources he has.

Yeah I want to see him show compassion. I'd like to see more people drawn to him just naturally. With all the Biblical references taking place (which I actually like to see. It helps develop a character more since religion plays such a key role in people) I'd like to see him develop into a David like character. His Goliath is the Terminator. There is a place in the Bible where when David is in hiding all the downtrodden people begin showing up. I would like to see this as just part of his character that people are drawn to him. Even when he wants to be alone.

Hurnslice
09-23-2008, 06:50 AM
I seriously doubt my idea is how they will go with the storyline just think it would be an interesting idea and concept to go with.

The episode title is "Allison from Palmdale" which suggests to me that she survives judgement day.

The idea of her being his daughter is something I considered. But at some point I talked myself out of.

Just watch, she probably is. :)