PDA

View Full Version : Preview of RUNAWAYS Vol. 3 #1 by Moore/Ramos

Simps
08-18-2008, 04:08 PM
http://comicsmedia.ign.com/comics/image/article/899/899461/runaways-vol-3-20080815052632337.jpg

First 5 pages here: http://comics.ign.com/articles/899/899461p1.html

My god, Ramos' art looks great here. I usually really like his stuff anyways, but this is a step up even! Dave Meikis' inks and Christina Strain's colors really work well with Ramos!

LenNWallace
08-18-2008, 04:10 PM
www.ohsnap.com !!!!

John Drake
08-18-2008, 04:17 PM
Looks GREAT!

THWIP!
08-18-2008, 04:19 PM
I can't wait to read the whole thing.

Howlett
08-18-2008, 04:21 PM
I'm curious. Why does that recap page read like the comic should be retitled "Molly Hayes and her friends no-one really cares about because this is MOLLY HAYES comic"? For a first issue of a new series based on a team, it's a bit strange to me that they'd single her out and barely mention the rest outside of a name check at the end.

Art looks great though. Might check out the first arc when it's finished if I remember.

Servo106
08-18-2008, 04:23 PM
Strain's still on as colorist. I'm happy.

John Drake
08-18-2008, 04:24 PM
I'm curious. Why does that recap page read like the comic should be retitled "Molly Hayes and her friends no-one really cares about because this is MOLLY HAYES comic"? For a first issue of a new series based on a team, it's a bit strange to me that they'd single her out and barely mention the rest outside of a name check at the end.

Art looks great though. Might check out the first arc when it's finished if I remember.

Hey, that is weird.

Slewo.O
08-18-2008, 04:30 PM

Indeed. Let's just hope the recap doesn't color the focus of the book.

Howlett
08-18-2008, 04:30 PM
Hey, that is weird.

I have to say, if I were looking to get into it, hadn't read it before, read that recap page then flipped through it and saw who Molly was, I wouldn't pick it up. Because I'd be under the impression straight off the bat that this was a superhero team led by a... whatever-the-hell-year old she is.

I know that won't matter to us that know better, but for a newer reader, it could sway people's opinions I'm thinking. And not in a good way.

Joe Henderson
08-18-2008, 04:32 PM
The recap IS a bit bizarre.

A promising preview. I'm mostly wondering if Moore can make Klara interesting. As of now, I really don't see what she brings to the team, beyond the whole 'what strange flying machines you have!' bit. Xavin already represents the outsider, 'I don't know how your world works' perspective, so she seems oddly redundant.

LenNWallace
08-18-2008, 04:34 PM
Ramos' art looks a lot better than it has in a long time. I'm looking forward to this so hard!

Supreme Convoy
08-18-2008, 04:40 PM
Can't wait! Been meaning to re-read the entire run including Whedon's stuff.

Roman Noodles
08-19-2008, 07:01 AM
Oh man I cannot wait for this!

Roman Noodles
08-19-2008, 07:05 AM
Ramos' art looks a lot better than it has in a long time. I'm looking forward to this so hard!

The art was the part I was most worried about, but that really looks good. It fits.

Jew Mafia
08-19-2008, 07:26 AM
Looks okay, I'll give it a shot. Not sure I dig on the way Chase is written so far, but then again it's just a preview.

Fake Pat
08-19-2008, 07:27 AM
Art looks great, writing is awful.

"KZIT"? Painful.

SteveFlack
08-19-2008, 08:03 AM
That's funny, the recap page mentions Klara, but doesn't say anything about the fact that she's a stupid, stupid character who will hopefully die soon.

Or maybe be an evil Skrull.

God, I hate her.

-Steve!

Greenville 90210
08-19-2008, 08:08 AM

Because she's the only character that isn't going to die.

Josh!
08-19-2008, 08:18 AM
this was great. Can't wait for the book!