PDA

View Full Version : Albert Hammond, Jr's 'Como Te Llama'

DAVE
08-18-2008, 09:35 AM
Anybody have this? It's Hammond's second solo album. It's really good summertime guitar driven pop rock with a John Lennon sound to the vocals.
"In My Room" "The Boss Americana" and "Victory at Montery" all succeed at kicking ass.

Artie Pink
08-18-2008, 09:36 AM
I don't like it as much as I like his first one, but it could grow on me. I do like his first one a lot.

DAVE
08-18-2008, 09:38 AM
I don't like it as much as I like his first one, but it could grow on me. I do like his first one a lot.

So far I may be liking it more. It had to grow on me over a couple of weeks, but now I'm like hooked on it.

Albert
08-18-2008, 09:41 AM
Oh no! This thread is going to screw up my vanity searches!

Blake Sims
08-18-2008, 10:03 AM
I've heard a few songs. I like what I've heard so far. I really wish he would collaborate with Julian on a new Strokes record. The last one wasn't so hot and he can obviously write good songs.

DAVE
08-18-2008, 10:07 AM
I've heard a few songs. I like what I've heard so far. I really wish he would collaborate with Julian on a new Strokes record. The last one wasn't so hot and he can obviously write good songs.

I liked the last Strokes album alright, but I think they would certainly benefit from including Hammond into the songwriting more I tihnk. From what I've heard it seems like Julian writes everything himself.

Artie Pink
08-18-2008, 10:13 AM
So far I may be liking it more. It had to grow on me over a couple of weeks, but now I'm like hooked on it.

Yeah, I definitely gotta give it another chance. It took a long time for the Strokes' second and third albums to grow on me, too.

And:

Oh no! This thread is going to screw up my vanity searches!

:lol:

Blake Sims
08-18-2008, 10:36 AM
I liked the last Strokes album alright, but I think they would certainly benefit from including Hammond into the songwriting more I tihnk. From what I've heard it seems like Julian writes everything himself.

Yeah I've heard the same. They would benefit greatly from Hammond joining in the writing process.

DAVE
09-26-2008, 08:30 AM
Okay, I officially (OFFICIALLY) like this album better than 'Yours to Keep'. Also I bought this album off of iTunes, and there are awesome live versions of "In Transit" and "Hard to Live in the City" that I like better than their "Yours to Keep" incarnations. The "Hard to Live in the City" live one is particularly better because when the song kicks back in after the short fake ending, instead having the horns from the studio version (which I like, I'm a sucker for horns) instead Hammond jsut shreds and it's awesome.

Shawn DePasquale
09-26-2008, 08:42 AM
This is a guy from the Strokes?

I should check this out....What's the 1st album called?

DAVE
09-26-2008, 08:50 AM
This is a guy from the Strokes?

I should check this out....What's the 1st album called?
I officially prefer his second album.

DaGetHighKnight
09-26-2008, 09:07 AM
I smoked bud wih the guy. Didnt hear the album though.

PeterSparker
09-26-2008, 09:21 AM
Okay, I officially (OFFICIALLY) like this album better than 'Yours to Keep'. Also I bought this album off of iTunes, and there are awesome live versions of "In Transit" and "Hard to Live in the City" that I like better than their "Yours to Keep" incarnations. The "Hard to Live in the City" live one is particularly better because when the song kicks back in after the short fake ending, instead having the horns from the studio version (which I like, I'm a sucker for horns) instead Hammond jsut shreds and it's awesome.

Yeah, I love those live cuts!

ImYrWoodbury
09-26-2008, 10:17 AM
I have a few songs from the first album that I really dig. Didn't know he had a second one out. I'll check it out.