PDA

View Full Version : Damn Near KO'ed By My Freezer Door

John M. Coker (Johnny C.)
08-12-2008, 06:14 PM
Just got back from the grocery store.

Bending over in front of the fridge getting stuff out of bags.

Amy opens freezer door to put away some frozen veggies.

I stand up.

FUCKING OW!

I have a goose egg.

jason hissong
08-12-2008, 06:18 PM
Stop rocking the dome piece, Johnny!

08-12-2008, 06:29 PM
At least I was really close to some ice :D

Brian Defferding
08-12-2008, 07:40 PM
Just got back from the grocery store.

Bending over in front of the fridge getting stuff out of bags.

Amy opens freezer door to put away some frozen veggies.

I stand up.

FUCKING OW!

I have a goose egg.

Ha! That's slapstick funny. I remember Your Pal Jim told me of an incident once where he opened up his freezer and the cooling fan blade broke, with the blade flying top speed within inches by his head and lodged into the wall behind him. If he were any closer, he would have had a splitting headache.

Ashwin Pande
08-12-2008, 07:42 PM
Ha! That's slapstick funny. I remember Your Pal Jim told me of an incident once where he opened up his freezer and the cooling fan blade broke, with the blade flying top speed within inches by his head and lodged into the wall behind him. If he were any closer, he would have had a splitting headache.

Jesus...

08-12-2008, 07:45 PM
Ha! That's slapstick funny.

It was. It was very Dick Van Dyke-ish. I fell down and everything.

I remember Your Pal Jim told me of an incident once where he opened up his freezer and the cooling fan blade broke, with the blade flying top speed within inches by his head and lodged into the wall behind him. If he were any closer, he would have had a splitting headache.

Holy fuck.

NathanDetroit
08-12-2008, 07:46 PM
there's not much worse than hitting your head while standing up like that. in my old apartment i used to have some built in cabinets on the wall and on two separate occasions i leaned down below them them to pick something up, and whanged my head when leaning back upright. it's feels like getting hit in the head with a bottle.

Professor Oreo
08-12-2008, 07:49 PM
Fuck! I know exactly how much that hurts! Well at least you had someone else to blame for almost killing you. I had a similar accident but it was purely my fault.

Long story short: It was a cold day and I was trying to put bags into the back of my hatchback car. Open the rear door all the way but the pistons won't hold the door open because it's too cold and the door starts to drop. I'm bending over to get another bag and I quickly rise up to put it in the back and crash my fucking head against the half closed door. I stagger back in the parking lot and wonder what round it is and have to take a knee. My car almost seriously knocked me the fuck out and it' was all my own fault.

So I feel your pain. ;)