PDA

View Full Version : I started a blog

Jim McCann
08-09-2008, 11:37 AM
Ok, so I gave in and joing the world of blogging.

My blog (http://www.jim-mccann.blogspot.com/).

We'll see how successful this ends up being. I have a few things coming up that I really want to talk about and will definetaly talk about here, but I don't have enough under my belt to warrent my own sub-board in the creator section at Jinxworld...yet. So, in the meantime, enjoy my occasional thought bursts (especially as a deadline looms- I tend to seek ways to procrastinate...) as they pop out of my head.

Jim @ Marvel

Pat Loika
08-09-2008, 11:37 AM
I'll check it out.

P.

Damian696
08-09-2008, 11:44 AM
I started a blog, which started the whole world crying,
But I didnt see that the blog was on me, oh no.

I started to blog, which started the whole world laughing,
Oh, if Id only seen that the blog was on me.

I looked at the skies, running my hands over my eyes,
And I fell out of bed, hurting my head from things that Id said.

copypastepuke
08-09-2008, 11:45 AM
sounds cool. i started one recently as well. isnt it weird?!

Spidey616
08-09-2008, 11:51 AM
If I remember correctly Psych is filmed in Canada like much of Smallville and the X-Files originally.
THE MORE YOU KNOW! :)

Also little known fact, the Lex's Mansion in Smallville was also used in X2: X-Men United for Xaviar's School. :cool:

NICE! Can't wait to hear how the What if: House of M issue is coming along.

Slewo.O
08-09-2008, 11:53 AM
How many entries are going to be about Dazzler and how sad Gilmore Girls is? :lol:

Anyhoo I'll check it out and good luck with the blog.

bartleby
08-09-2008, 12:01 PM
That grid background makes it not easy to read.

Jim McCann
08-09-2008, 12:32 PM
If I remember correctly Psych is filmed in Canada like much of Smallville and the X-Files originally.
THE MORE YOU KNOW! :)

Also little known fact, the Lex's Mansion in Smallville was also used in X2: X-Men United for Xaviar's School. :cool:

NICE! Can't wait to hear how the What if: House of M issue is coming along.

So I should move to Canada to see my TV friends I take it? ;) That's COOL, though.

What If: HoM scipt is DONE and the editors are reviewing. Hopefully the artist will start next week!

How many entries are going to be about Dazzler and how sad Gilmore Girls is? :lol:

Anyhoo I'll check it out and good luck with the blog.

I'd say 10% is a good estimate...

That grid background makes it not easy to read.

Aww, see I liked that it looked like a notebook. :(

bartleby
08-09-2008, 12:41 PM
Aww, see I liked that it looked like a notebook. :(

Rule #1 of blogging: It's better to be readable than stylish.

Maestro
08-09-2008, 12:46 PM
Marvel.com's only active blog is Tom Brevoort's. The guy has nearly 500 entries. You should post this on that site and try to catch up to him.

BENDIS!
08-09-2008, 01:08 PM
you could totally have your own board.

Jim McCann
08-09-2008, 01:26 PM
you could totally have your own board.

Really?!?! Wow, thanks!! How? LOL Come December solicits next month, I'd love to!

bartleby
08-09-2008, 01:34 PM
Really?!?! Wow, thanks!! How? LOL Come December solicits next month, I'd love to!

Is this your way of announcing that you're actually going to be writing something that hits the shelves in December?

Jim McCann
08-09-2008, 01:37 PM
Is this your way of announcing that you're actually going to be writing something that hits the shelves in December?

The What If: House of M by Reed & I hits in December, so yeah.

bartleby
08-09-2008, 01:38 PM
The What If: House of M by Reed & I hits in December, so yeah.

Ah yeah...that's right.

Jim McCann
08-09-2008, 02:08 PM
Rule #1 of blogging: It's better to be readable than stylish.

I wonder if that grid is part of the HTML code and can be removed. The widgets at the side look like they are a notebook, but have no lines. Argh! I wish I spoke HTML and could figure out if I can remove the grid pattern....

Albert
08-09-2008, 02:09 PM
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i171/thedailynow/mccannforpresident.jpg

bartleby
08-09-2008, 02:11 PM
I wonder if that grid is part of the HTML code and can be removed. The widgets at the side look like they are a notebook, but have no lines. Argh! I wish I spoke HTML and could figure out if I can remove the grid pattern....

It's just a png graphics file.

http://img388.imageshack.us/img388/3033/anillaspequeasop1.png

Your best bet might just be to take Photoshop and lighten up the grid lines so that they don't interfere with the text so much.

Taxman
08-09-2008, 02:14 PM
Can we post Gilmore Girls spoilers in the comments section, or have you finished up with that already?

VitoDGK
08-09-2008, 03:07 PM
hey, nice sig banner

Jim McCann
08-09-2008, 03:31 PM
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i171/thedailynow/mccannforpresident.jpg

Hahaha! Cool!!!! How did you do that? I love it!!!

It's just a png graphics file.

http://img388.imageshack.us/img388/3033/anillaspequeasop1.png

Your best bet might just be to take Photoshop and lighten up the grid lines so that they don't interfere with the text so much.

Thank you for the suggestion. I know this answer used the 26 letters in the English language, but I didn't understand anything you said. :scared:

Can we post Gilmore Girls spoilers in the comments section, or have you finished up with that already?

NO YOU MAY NOT. LOL. Trust me, when I can bring myself to finish it, I will let everyone know!

Slewo.O
08-09-2008, 03:49 PM
*goes to Wikipedia* Oh Jim is going to love these Also a question Jim who's your favorite Gilmore Girls character? I've watched a few episodes and my favorite character is Jess (mainly due to the fact he's a smartass and Peter Petrelli plays him) and are you going to be posting What If:House of M pages in the future??

Jim McCann
08-09-2008, 05:35 PM
*goes to Wikipedia* Oh Jim is going to love these Also a question Jim who's your favorite Gilmore Girls character? I've watched a few episodes and my favorite character is Jess (mainly due to the fact he's a smartass and Peter Petrelli plays him) and are you going to be posting What If:House of M pages in the future??

I love Luke and Lorelai. I want to punch Logan.

HoM pages will be shown when we get some in I'm sure!

Jim McCann
08-10-2008, 06:59 AM
New entry up for those interested.

All about research (http://jim-mccann.blogspot.com/2008/08/research.html)

Someone mentioned I should do this on Marvel.com. I would but for 2 reasons: 1) this won't just be about comics. I have worked in other mediums and want to be able to talk about that. And 2) I have been accused in the past of being in "hype" mode or coming across as the constant marketer. Having a blog like what I'd like to have would only make it seem like that. I want it to be separate, and not tied into marketing the next big Marvel event. When I talk about something Marvel-centric on the blog, it will be because I genuinely love it and am excited. If it were on Marvel.com, people would assume I was just pushing a book to help the marketing. Ah the perceptions of the Internet, where words and posts have no tone... :)