PDA

View Full Version : Marvel Solicitations for October

Spidey616
07-22-2008, 07:30 AM
Didn't see a thread for them, so here it is:

http://marvel.com/catalog/?date=2008-10

SI is coming to the end with hints of what's to come for the Avengers. And the final issue of ASM New Ways to Die doens't come out till October 15th....talk about torture with the gap between issue 5 and 6 :surrend:

Jerome Gibbons
07-22-2008, 07:35 AM
ASTONISHING X-MEN: GHOST BOXES # 1
The Story: You met Subject X in the pages of Astonishing X-Men! But what was he really doing and who he was doing it for? Find out in this essential 2-issue tie-in series to Warren Ellis and Simone Bianchi’s opening salvo on Astonishing X-Men! Ghost Boxes is about the choices that man made and could have made, and the ripples they cause. Ghost Boxes is about the real stakes of the Ghost Box storyline, and what will happen if the X-Men fail to solve the mystery.
Rated T+ …$3.99

Wow, that's weird. And it's written by Ellis and penciled by Alan Davis and Frank Cho.

HOOKS
07-22-2008, 07:44 AM
The weird part to me is that CBR had ADI GRANOV (along with Davis) as the artist for this.

Garth
07-22-2008, 07:44 AM
How fucking awesome is this cover!?
http://marvel.com/comics/onsale/covers/1008/MGNTOT002_cvr.jpg

Gavin
07-22-2008, 07:48 AM
Glad to see Punisher: First to Last is going to be in a trade. I made the mistake of not picking up the hardcover.

Jew Mafia
07-22-2008, 07:49 AM
The cover and solicit to Ult. Spidey is pretty interesting.

Ray G.
07-22-2008, 07:53 AM
Wow, the Red Hulk storyline is still going after seven issues? :?

Lots of good stuff otherwise, though. The NA solicit is very interesting? Dormammu? The Shadow King?

Ray G.
07-22-2008, 07:54 AM
USM! FUCK YES! :rock:

Joe Kalicki
07-22-2008, 07:57 AM
They got the Ultimate Spider-Man Annual number wrong.

rogerio
07-22-2008, 07:58 AM
How fucking awesome is this cover!?
http://marvel.com/comics/onsale/covers/1008/MGNTOT002_cvr.jpg
sometimes image is everything...;)

Ray G.
07-22-2008, 08:00 AM
Waaaaaaay too many comics.

Marvel = DC during Countdown in terms of flooding the market. There's a ton of good stuff, but there's no way most people are going to be able to afford half of it. I mean, two Ultimates annuals, the USM annual, a Hulk special, a Cap special, and a bunch of SI tie-ins, not to mention what's beginning to feel like a huge number of adaptations? It's just overwhelming.

I guess I'm dropping X-Men: Legacy, if it's crossing over with Wolverine Origins.

Thomas Mauer
07-22-2008, 08:01 AM
Anybody know what Big Hero 6 is? Also, wasn't the Elektra Omnibus solicited before?

Thomas Mauer
07-22-2008, 08:02 AM
Glad to see Punisher: First to Last is going to be in a trade. I made the mistake of not picking up the hardcover.

Aww, you think it's a TPB? I was hoping it'd be a new printing of the OHC at that price point.

Garth
07-22-2008, 08:03 AM
sometimes image is everything...;)

Well who knows on that account. The first issue isn't even out yet, so we can't judge. But that is a beautiful, if you ask me.

Joe Kalicki
Why doesn't the Brand New Day monthly collection series include the Free Comic Book Day issue?

Spidey616
And almost as soon as it began, Marvel Apes ends in October. That was quick. So how long until Marvel Apes 2 ;)

http://i.newsarama.com/preview_images/marvelnew/oct08/marapes004_cov.jpg

Ray G.
Oh, my God I can't wait for that Magneto series.

This is a comic I've wanted to see for years.

NickT
07-22-2008, 08:04 AM
CAPTAIN BRITAIN AND MI: 13 # 6 (http://marvel.com/catalog/?id=9972)
The Story: “Hell Comes To Birmingham”
...and realises Birmingham is a far worse place :razz:

http://marvel.com/comics/onsale/covers/1008/AGESENTRY002_cov.jpg

Giant laser bears! :D

AVENGERS: THE INITIATIVE # 18 (http://marvel.com/catalog/?id=10028)
Zombie Variant
The Story: SECRET INVASION TIE-IN!
THE EXPLOSIVE FINALE STARTS HERE!
Now that the KILL KREW knows Skrullowjacket's master plan, can they stop the TRUE purpose of the Fifty State Initiative? Plus: It's THOR GIRL vs. ULTRA GIRL! One is more than she appears to be... and the other's a Skrull. And, after fourteen issues, are we REALLY going to unmask MUTANT ZERO?!
Rated T+ …$2.99
Skrullowjacket? Come on, SKRANK! :)

http://marvel.com/comics/onsale/covers/1008/MARADVSH004_COV_sm.jpg (javascript:MM_openBrWindow('/comics/onsale/lib/view2.htm?filename=/comics/onsale/covers/1008/MARADVSH004_COV.jpg','_blank','scrollbars=yes,resi zable=yes'))
Rating: ALL AGES MARVEL ADVENTURES SUPER HEROES # 4 (http://marvel.com/catalog/?id=10041)
The Story: KLAW'S GOOD OL' COUNTRY REVIVAL: When Klaw, the master of sound, forms a country and western band, Iron Man, Spider-Man and the Hulk decide to investigate. Unfortunately, the Hulk gets hooked on Klaw's mournful music and, wanting to solve those cliché-ridden problems Klaw so beauuutifully sings about, starts returning every lost (and not so lost) dog to its owner, insists on driving a pickup truck, and goes in for some very extreme "Hulk-style" relationship counseling. While this draws a lot of media attention to Klaw's band, it's the Hulk (dang it!) getting
all the press, making an irritated Klaw VERY jealous. The fight is ON!
All Ages …$2.99
...how can you not buy that? :)

CAPTAIN AMERICA THEATER OF WAR: OPERATION ZERO-POINT #1
WRITER: DANIEL KNAUF (http://marvel.com/catalog/?writer=DANIEL%20KNAUF)
CHARLES KNAUF (http://marvel.com/catalog/?writer=CHARLES%20KNAUF)
Sweet.

NickT
07-22-2008, 08:05 AM
Anybody know what Big Hero 6 is?
Japanese superteam I think? Claremont writing IIRC.

Brian Reed
07-22-2008, 08:11 AM
Guys, I rarely if ever pimp around here, but this time I've got to. I pitched Wacker a crazy direction for MS. MARVEL post-Secret Invasion, and he not only let me do it, he let me do some really dark, twisted stuff. Also, I love this cover. I stumbled across the patch on her arm researching this issue, and it's a real Air Force patch, complete with her Ms. Marvel lightning bolt, but it pre-dates Ms. Marvel by several years.

http://savagebreakfast.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/msmarv032-cov.jpg

Spidey616
07-22-2008, 08:17 AM
I still think still Wacker was a fool for letting Horn go on cover duties :nonono2:
;)

Seriously though, can't wait for this issue, especially since the artist for this issue is Paolo Siqueira, who did the great POV issue of ASM awhile back with Guggs, Gale, and Slott.

MS. MARVEL #32
Written by BRIAN REED
Penciled by PAULO SIQUEIRA
Cover by DAVID YARDIN
The story you never knew! Before she was Ms. Marvel, Carol Danvers was a secret agent for the Air Force.
Imprisoned by an unforgiving enemy, Carol must withstand her captor's brutality and find some way to save America.
32 PGS./Rated T+ ...$2.99

Guys, I rarely if ever pimp around here, but this time I've got to. I pitched Wacker a crazy direction for MS. MARVEL post-Secret Invasion, and he not only let me do it, he let me do some really dark, twisted stuff. Also, I love this cover. I stumbled across the patch on her arm researching this issue, and it's a real Air Force patch, complete with her Ms. Marvel lightning bolt, but it pre-dates Ms. Marvel by several years.

http://savagebreakfast.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/msmarv032-cov.jpg

JimmyF1982
07-22-2008, 08:27 AM
shit yes, new maleev cover. ult. origins #5

Kenobi Fei-Hung
07-22-2008, 08:29 AM
I didn't see Guardians of the Galaxy. Wonder why they're skipping a month. I did see Nova. Did I overlook GotG?

Thomas Mauer
07-22-2008, 08:29 AM
That's a great cover.

Joe Kalicki
07-22-2008, 08:32 AM
I didn't see Guardians of the Galaxy. Wonder why they're skipping a month. I did see Nova. Did I overlook GotG?

Yes, you overlooked it. Issue 6. Secret Invasion.

Gavin
07-22-2008, 08:33 AM
Aww, you think it's a TPB? I was hoping it'd be a new printing of the OHC at that price point.

The other was $20 and OHC. This one's $16. Definitely TPB.

Kenobi Fei-Hung
07-22-2008, 08:35 AM
Yes, you overlooked it. Issue 6. Secret Invasion.

Thanks. I think it was left off the list I saw. Awesome!

DaveCummings
07-22-2008, 08:39 AM
Hell yes!! Finally an OHC for Civil War!!

GrandeMaestro Fünke
07-22-2008, 08:49 AM
Anybody know what Big Hero 6 is? Also, wasn't the Elektra Omnibus solicited before?

They're the Japanese Superteam that Sunfire was on in the late 90s. Claremont's writing the series, but I think it's with mostly new characters.

costello
07-22-2008, 08:55 AM
More Marvel Zombies.

JimmyF1982
07-22-2008, 08:55 AM
Hell yes!! Finally an OHC for Civil War!!

where is this? i'm must be missing it somehow

Arion
07-22-2008, 08:56 AM
I still think still Wacker was a fool for letting Horn go on cover duties :nonono2:
;)

Seriously though, can't wait for this issue, especially since the artist for this issue is Paolo Siqueira, who did the great POV issue of ASM awhile back with Guggs, Gale, and Slott.

MS. MARVEL #32
Written by BRIAN REED
Penciled by PAULO SIQUEIRA
Cover by DAVID YARDIN
The story you never knew! Before she was Ms. Marvel, Carol Danvers was a secret agent for the Air Force.
Imprisoned by an unforgiving enemy, Carol must withstand her captor's brutality and find some way to save America.
32 PGS./Rated T+ ...$2.99

Sounds like a very interesting issue.

DaveCummings
07-22-2008, 09:08 AM
where is this? i'm must be missing it somehow

Probably because you're looking at the Marvel.com solicitations, which wouldn't have it listed, because it's in the October solicitations for release on November 5th. Alot of tpbs and HCs tend to be missed on the Marvel.com solicitations, because sometimes they're solicited for the next month.

Here's the solicitation, from Newsarama

CIVIL WAR HC
Written by MARK MILLAR
Penciled by STEVE MCNIVEN
Covers by STEVE MCNIVEN & MICHAEL TURNER
The landscape of the Marvel Universe is changing, and it's time to choose: Whose side are you on? A conflict has been brewing from more than a year, threatening to pit friend against friend, brother against brother — and all it will take is a single misstep to cost thousands their lives and ignite the fuse! As the war claims its first victims, no one is safe as teams, friendships and families begin to fall apart. The crossover that rewrites the rules, Civil War stars Spider-Man, the New Avengers, the Fantastic Four, the X-Men and the entirety of the Marvel pantheon! Collecting CIVIL WAR #1-7, MARVEL SPOTLIGHT: CIVIL WAR and CIVIL WAR SCRIPT BOOK.
http://i.newsarama.com/preview_images/marvelnew/oct08/civwar_hc_dm_s.jpg (http://i.newsarama.com/preview_images/marvelnew/oct08/civwar_dm.jpg)512 PGS./Rated T+ ...$39.99
ISBN: 978-0-7851-2178-7
Trim size: oversized
CIVIL WAR HC — DIRECT MARKET ONLY
512 PGS./Rated T+ ...$39.99
ISBN: 978-0-7851-3483-1

sharp1
07-22-2008, 09:10 AM
Civil War is on the comic news sites lists, just not Marvel.com. I too have been waiting for this one.

And am I the only one that thinks Secret Wars is WAYYYY overpriced at $100? I thought the amazon listing were wrong on this one a while ago. I would have thought it would be more in the $70 retail range, considering that it is so much smaller than most of the other omnibuses.

By way of comparison, the aforementioned Civil War OHC: 512 pgs @ 39.99. Secret Wars Omnibus: 384 pgs @ 99.99...

Even if DCBS ends up having it 50% off, I'm out.

Marcdachamp
07-22-2008, 09:11 AM
God dammit. That really pisses me off. I spent $24 on that Script book because it supposedly wasn't going to be in the Civil War hardcover. I'm really displeased.

joeAR
07-22-2008, 09:18 AM
ULTIMATE ORIGINS #5 (of 5)
ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #127
ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN ANNUAL #3
ULTIMATE CAPTAIN AMERICA ANNUAL #1
ULTIMATE HULK ANNUAL #1
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #573-575
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN ANNUAL #1
VENOM: DARK ORIGIN #3 (of 5)
SPIDER-MAN LOVES MARY JANE #3 (of 5)
CAPTAIN AMERICA #43
CAPTAIN AMERICA: WHITE #1 (of 6)
DAREDEVIL #112
FANTASTIC FOUR #562
MARVEL 1985 #6 (of 6)
HULK #7
SECRET INVASION #7 (OF 8)
MIGHTY AVENGERS #19
NEW AVENGERS #46
SECRET INVASION: X-MEN #3 (of 4)
DEADPOOL #3
THUNDERBOLTS #125
NEWUNIVERSAL: SHOCKFRONT #4 (of 6)
RUNAWAYS #3
SQUADRON SUPREME #4
SUB-MARINER: THE DEPTHS #2 (of 4)
THE TWELVE #8
ASTONISHING X-MEN: GHOST BOXES #1 (of 2)
UNCANNY X-MEN #503
X-MEN: LEGACY #217
X-FORCE #8
X-MEN: MAGNETO TESTAMENT #2 (of 5)
X-FACTOR #36
X-MEN: MANIFEST DESTINY #2 (of 4)
CRIMINAL #7

cmoney
07-22-2008, 09:30 AM
Heh, Hulk vs. Monster of Frankenstein. I love October. :)

Adam Geen
07-22-2008, 09:36 AM
Hmm Halo collection is solicited but the issues aren't even out yet? Are they?

Dr. Hackenbush
07-22-2008, 09:41 AM
Lady Liberators in Hulk & She-Hulk this month. Awesome.

Screw any "possible" continuity concerns with Sue Storm or the fact that Red Hulk isn't dead and gone after the first arc. Screw all of it.

She-Hulk, Valkyrie, Invisible Woman, & Thundra! Trump card, bitches.

Darthdaw37
07-22-2008, 09:49 AM
So does this mean that ULT. XMEN and ULT Fantastic Four are both canceled.

xhondax
07-22-2008, 09:54 AM
I was down to pickup the Secret War omnibus but fuck that. $100 for a book that is only 384 pages is whack.
I will be getting the Civil War HC. Just wish it was an omnibus type deal with some tie ins added.

Dusty
07-22-2008, 10:23 AM
Glad to see that new John Byrne written Iron-Man TPB coming out, but it makes no sense. Why start the collection there? He wrote the series for 20 issues, with the first 9 issues being drawn by John Romita Jr. It sets up everything that happens in the TPB that is being collected, drawn by Paul Ryan (and I believe Mark Bright came back and did an issue in there)

Still waiting on a collection featuring Obadiah Stane, too. The Busiek/Chen era deserves a collection, as well. Iron-Man is still the most criminally under-represented iconic character in collections.

The Goddamn Schweitz!
07-22-2008, 10:48 AM
Did I just miss it, or is Wolverine by Millar and McNiven not shipping once again? I don't remember it being on last months solicits and I can't recall seeing it on this one either. ...

DaveCummings
07-22-2008, 11:11 AM
Did I just miss it, or is Wolverine by Millar and McNiven not shipping once again? I don't remember it being on last months solicits and I can't recall seeing it on this one either. ...

Yeah, this is 2 months in a row without an issue. It makes me wonder if Steve or Mark is alright. Especially Steve, considering that Diamond cancelled all of Steve's Secret Invasion alternate covers.

DAVE
07-22-2008, 11:24 AM
Wow, here's one for the "Swipe File":

http://i.newsarama.com/preview_images/marvelnew/oct08/marzomv3001_cov.jpg

http://www.impawards.com/1993/posters/army_of_darkness.jpg

It's like he's not even trying anymore.

Thomas Mauer
07-22-2008, 11:26 AM
Probably because you're looking at the Marvel.com solicitations, which wouldn't have it listed, because it's in the October solicitations for release on November 5th. Alot of tpbs and HCs tend to be missed on the Marvel.com solicitations, because sometimes they're solicited for the next month.

Here's the solicitation, from Newsarama

Wow, 512 pages. Now that's a collection worth buying.

Thomas Mauer
07-22-2008, 11:27 AM
Japanese superteam I think? Claremont writing IIRC.

They're the Japanese Superteam that Sunfire was on in the late 90s. Claremont's writing the series, but I think it's with mostly new characters.

Thanks!

xhondax
07-22-2008, 12:14 PM
When are the last two issuse of Halo: Uprising coming out? I don't remember ever seeing a solicit for them? Maybe just jumping ahead and going straight to trade?

Marcdachamp
07-22-2008, 12:17 PM

Come on, that's intentional. Jeez. I know people are always looking to crucify Land, but everyone knows what that's supposed to be.

The Goddamn Schweitz!
07-22-2008, 12:19 PM
Yeah, this is 2 months in a row without an issue. It makes me wonder if Steve or Mark is alright. Especially Steve, considering that Diamond cancelled all of Steve's Secret Invasion alternate covers.

Yeah I hope they're both okay, but it really seems like Marvel would have known to get the bulk of this done before soliciting it...:-?

DAVE
07-22-2008, 12:26 PM
Come on, that's intentional. Jeez. I know people are always looking to crucify Land, but everyone knows what that's supposed to be.

So that's an homage? Lightbox tracing is okay in homages?

NickT
07-22-2008, 12:29 PM
So that's an homage? Lightbox tracing is okay in homages?
It does say After AofD.

DAVE
07-22-2008, 12:31 PM
It does say After AofD.

Does it say, "I know you know that I traced"?

NickT
07-22-2008, 12:39 PM
Does it say, "I know you know that I traced"?
I'm not even 100% it is traced. If it was, why is his right leg in a different position? Why is the girls hand different? Or her legs?

Matt O'Keefe
07-22-2008, 12:41 PM
Yeah I hope they're both okay, but it really seems like Marvel would have known to get the bulk of this done before soliciting it...:-?

It doesn't make sense from a business standpoint to wait for a series to be fully drawn before soliciting.

Besides, Steve McNiven is said to be generally pretty fast. I hope he's feeling alright.

DAVE
07-22-2008, 12:43 PM
I'm not even 100% it is traced. If it was, why is his right leg in a different position? Why is the girls hand different? Or her legs?

How about "Mostly traced" then? High standards for a professional illustrator!

MAK15
07-22-2008, 12:46 PM
saw the Wolverine + Spidey SI cover crop on newsarama.
first thing that came to mind was: oh, Marvel's doing a werewolf special too for October?

The Goddamn Schweitz!
07-22-2008, 12:52 PM
It doesn't make sense from a business standpoint to wait for a series to be fully drawn before soliciting.

Besides, Steve McNiven is said to be generally pretty fast. I hope he's feeling alright.

I understand that they wouldn't wait to have everything completed, but just based off what happened on Civil War, it would seem like they'd make sure at least 4 of the 8 issues were done first. But then again, I don't know all the technical business aspect of this so...

NickT
07-22-2008, 12:54 PM
I understand that they wouldn't wait to have everything completed, but just based off what happened on Civil War, it would seem like they'd make sure at least 4 of the 8 issues were done first. But then again, I don't know all the technical business aspect of this so...
Could be delayed for non Millar/McNiven reasons too.

Matt O'Keefe
07-22-2008, 12:56 PM
Could be delayed for non Millar/McNiven reasons too.

That could explain one skip month. Not as likely for two.

NickT
07-22-2008, 01:00 PM
That could explain one skip month. Not as likely for two.
What if one of the books it is tying into got delayed two months? :)

Also, keep in mind that no solicited Wolverine in September and October doesn't mean no Wolverine in September and October. The previous issues could be pushed into there due to delays, so it could be two skips rather than one big skip, as such.

Joe Henderson
07-22-2008, 01:01 PM
How about "Mostly traced" then? High standards for a professional illustrator!

Did he shit in your cereal today or what?

I can see the complaints about Land, but this is a clear homage. Let it go dude.

DAVE
07-22-2008, 01:11 PM
Did he shit in your cereal today or what?

I can see the complaints about Land, but this is a clear homage. Let it go dude.

As an artist, it offends me to see someone being paid to trace.

Maestro
07-22-2008, 01:35 PM
Besides the poses, both covers are really different.

DAVE
07-22-2008, 01:39 PM
Besides what is traced, both covers are really different.

:|

Andrew
07-22-2008, 02:47 PM
They got the Ultimate Spider-Man Annual number wrong.

They got the Amazing Spider-Man Annual number wrong as well. Recent preview art indicated that it would be #35, but instead it's listed here as #1. Urgh.

Foolish Mortal
07-22-2008, 03:08 PM

I think they meant that one to be obvious.

Roman Noodles
07-22-2008, 03:10 PM
Wow, that MAgneto cover is beautiful and haunting.

Deadpool's got a book again?! :rock:

Roman Noodles
07-22-2008, 03:26 PM
I KNEW IT! Madelyn Pryor's coming back! :rock:

Spidey616
07-22-2008, 03:28 PM
No JMS Thor in August and none in October. So has this title become a bi-monthly now....? :surrend:

Fake Pat
07-22-2008, 03:29 PM
No JMS Thor in August and none in October. So has this title become a bi-monthly now....? :surrend:

I fully expect Coipiel to be gone after 12.

And the Wolverine situation is becoming really pathetic.

cmoney
07-22-2008, 03:47 PM
I fully expect Coipiel to be gone after 12.

And the Wolverine situation is becoming really pathetic.

As others have pointed out, McNiven's SI variants are MIA too, so it's possible there's something more going on here.

Fake Pat
07-22-2008, 03:51 PM
As others have pointed out, McNiven's SI variants are MIA too, so it's possible there's something more going on here.

It's also possible that he's just really slow, and they'd rather have him focus on Wolverine instead of variants.

lonesomefool
07-22-2008, 03:55 PM
As an artist, it offends me to see someone being paid to trace.

Are you pissed more that he is tracing/swiping or that YOUR not the one getting paid to draw the covers/books?

marco19
07-22-2008, 04:13 PM
wolverine was always scheduled for a skip month in october, the checklist in last months marvel previews had that info, regardless millar said on his board that mcniven has already finished the pencil art for the third issue so maybe the inker is throwing off the schedule , as hes also doing secret invasion which must ship 100 percent on time, personally they should have ran jason aaron 4 issue wolvie manifest destiny series in the regular title and allow millar and mcniven run to start after as it is not continiuty sensitive

Fake Pat
07-22-2008, 04:15 PM
wolverine was always scheduled for a skip month in october, the checklist in last months marvel previews had that info, regardless millar said on his board that mcniven has already finished the pencil art for the third issue so maybe the inker is throwing off the schedule , as hes also doing secret invasion which must ship 100 percent on time, personally they should have ran jason aaron 4 issue wolvie manifest destiny series in the regular title and allow millar and mcniven run to start after as it is not continiuty sensitive

1. Just because one skip month had been scheduled doesn't make this any less sad.

2. It's not the same inker.

DAVE
07-22-2008, 04:39 PM
Are you pissed more that he is tracing/swiping or that YOUR not the one getting paid to draw the covers/books?
Think you mean "YOU'RE"
You got me, buddy!

:roll:

DaveCummings
07-22-2008, 04:54 PM
It's also possible that he's just really slow, and they'd rather have him focus on Wolverine instead of variants.

Actually, he's not really slow. He's a pretty quick artist.

Of course, I don't know why I'm responding to you. All I see is your avatar and it makes me want something bad to happen to you.

The Goddamn Schweitz!
07-22-2008, 05:06 PM
Actually, he's not really slow. He's a pretty quick artist.

Of course, I don't know why I'm responding to you. All I see is your avatar and it makes me want something bad to happen to you.

Correct answer.

Andrew
07-22-2008, 05:40 PM

This post is made of win.

Dusty
07-22-2008, 06:14 PM
Disappointed that there's no Thor, but the great Alan Davis is doing a one shot. Alan's one of my favorite artists and Thor's my favorite character, so I'm looking forward to that. I hope Davis gets put on a monthly after this, though.

I'll also be getting that Romita Jr. drawn Ultimate Cap annual, as well as his Spidey arc, which looks fantastic! Glad to see Barry Kitson is also drawing an issue.

Captain America (still hating Bucky)

Big Hero 6 looks pretty damn good.

The Knauffs are solid, and so is Mitch Breitweiser, so I'll pick up their Cap one shot. And YAY!!! Captain America: White begins!!!

Eternals may be the most underrated great series in comics.

Invincible Iron-Man by Fraction and Larroca needs to be left alone for 3 years so those guys can do great things.

Khoi Pham missed another issue of Mighty Avengers? I hope that means a better choice of artists (Phil Jimenez!) was selected.

She-Hulk looks great, and I would like a mini series of that all girl team drawn by Frank Cho.

Alan Davis is drawing some of a Warren Ellis 2 part X-Men mini? Cool!

"Original Sin" begins. I am very much looking forward to Deodato taking over Wolverine, and X-Men: Legacy is the best X-Men series, with nice artwork by Scot Eaton. Should be a good story.

It's a shame that New Exiles (a very solid comic) is starting to slip in sales.

That Marvel Apes Cap 25 cover is hysterical...lol

I already mentioned the new Iron Man TPB "The Dragon Seed Saga", and how Byrne and Romita Jr.'s "Armor Wars II" should have came first. Glad to see it, anyway, and I'm glad it's being released with it's own title, and not as part of a line of collections like Visionaries. I'm also glad to see a brand new classic Spider-Man collection with Ross Andru art is coming out. I'll be sure to pick that up.