PDA

View Full Version : i went to quick care and had a "procedure"

James Patrick
07-17-2008, 09:07 AM
please dont' wish me well or anything like that. it wasn't a big deal and i'm not looking for sympathy.

anyway, that's a scary thought, isn't it? going to quick care and having them do a procedure? I had a flap of skin under my arm and it turned color -- like it was irritated or infected, not cancerous (though they sent it away just in case) -- and they said they were taking it off. it was thick at the base so i knew it would require more than just freezing or anything like that, but i didn't think it would require a scary word like PROCEDURE.

So at some point i realize it's going to be even more involved than i thought. i think it's when i overheard him say they need a "blade" . they prep me, give me a local, and it takes a while to cut the thing out. when i think she's done she's like "half way there". ugh. not a big deal, but i get queezy. then i needed stitches. especially when you can hear the skin cutting.

i swear they were all excited that they got to do a procedure and not just wipe some kids nose, all huddled around outside and when he walked out were like "how'd it go?"

MIKE D
07-17-2008, 09:09 AM
Don't tempt fate with one of those places again. I went to one years ago because I cut the top of my left middle finger to the bone. They sewed it up without even noticing that the tendon was severed. When it healed and I asked why there were two big lumps on either side and I couldn't raise the finger, they figured it out.

I needed minor surgery to repair it.

James Patrick
07-17-2008, 09:10 AM
Don't tempt fate with one of those places again. I went to one years ago because I cut the top of my left middle finger to the bone. They sewed it up without even noticing that the tendon was severed. When it healed and I asked why there were two big lumps on either side and I couldn't raise the finger, they figured it out.

I needed minor surgery to repair it.

sucks! yeah, i was thinking something like that when i went there -- like this might be just over the line of what they should be taking care of. they were all great though.

cPol
07-17-2008, 09:12 AM
Wanna make the word "procedure" even scarier? Pronounce it like The Emperor from Return of the Jedi.

MIKE D
07-17-2008, 09:13 AM
sucks! yeah, i was thinking something like that when i went there -- like this might be just over the line of what they should be taking care of. they were all great though.

You say that now, but in a month you'll realize that the guy accidentally sewed up his wedding ring in your arm.

Jef UK
07-17-2008, 09:16 AM
My prayers are with you.

thatguyfromsyracuse
07-17-2008, 09:18 AM
Everybody knows that the government uses those places to insert tracking chips inside of your body.

I'M ON TO YOU GOVERNMENT!

SteveFlack
07-17-2008, 09:18 AM
So does this mean that you are finally a "woman"...

-Steve!

Gregory
07-17-2008, 09:19 AM
Only thing scarier than a "procedure?" A maneuver.

"A maneuver? What are you, a bloody tank commander?!"

chrisfasowned
07-17-2008, 09:22 AM
cool!

was that a significant response?

SteveFlack
07-17-2008, 09:27 AM
Now that I think about, the last thing I would ever want would be to trust my health to anything with the work "Quick" in it's name. I'd feel like they are rushing to finish in under a half-hour, or else my appetizer would be free.

When it comes to my care, I want them to take as long as fucking possible.

-Steve!

James Patrick
07-17-2008, 09:28 AM
So does this mean that you are finally a "woman"...

-Steve!

yeah, i have such disregard for my penis that i refer to it as that flap of skin. and it changed color because it died. i wonder who they sent it to.

James Patrick
07-17-2008, 09:30 AM
Now that I think about, the last thing I would ever want would be to trust my health to anything with the work "Quick" in it's name. I'd feel like they are rushing to finish in under a half-hour, or else my appetizer would be free.

When it comes to my care, I want them to take as long as fucking possible.

-Steve!

they asked me what my order was when i went in. i said, i'll have the procedure with a side of stitches.

you want the large stitches?

nah.

James Patrick
07-17-2008, 09:36 AM
cool!

was that a significant response?

yeah, i just didn't intend to be one of those threads -- because it really wasn't about that. it was about going to McDonalds to get a steak, not "Oh, our prayers our with you." The things that would warrant that response I don't share with the board, and sometimes I get annoyed at SOME of them. Like, my aunt's cousin's hamster is in the hospital, if you could send me good thoughts. 99 percent are sincere, but every once in a while, i see one that's just a look at me or cry for attention.

Raphael J
07-17-2008, 09:39 AM
I went to an urgent care center to get stitches put in my toe (stepped on glass). They put the anesthetic in initially and it did not function properly. So the doc put another shot in my toe and I began to convulse. I have little recollection of what happened, other than I wasn't in control of what my body was doing. My mother, who was with me at the time, said it looked like I was having a seizure. It only lasted for around a minute, but it was still scary as fuck.

So, my lesson was to never go anywhere where they advertise how quickly you're cared for.

PeterSparker
07-17-2008, 09:40 AM
please dont' wish me well or anything like that. it wasn't a big deal and i'm not looking for sympathy.

anyway, that's a scary thought, isn't it? going to quick care and having them do a procedure? I had a flap of skin under my arm and it turned color -- like it was irritated or infected, not cancerous (though they sent it away just in case) -- and they said they were taking it off. it was thick at the base so i knew it would require more than just freezing or anything like that, but i didn't think it would require a scary word like PROCEDURE.

So at some point i realize it's going to be even more involved than i thought. i think it's when i overheard him say they need a "blade" . they prep me, give me a local, and it takes a while to cut the thing out. when i think she's done she's like "half way there". ugh. not a big deal, but i get queezy. then i needed stitches. especially when you can hear the skin cutting.

i swear they were all excited that they got to do a procedure and not just wipe some kids nose, all huddled around outside and when he walked out were like "how'd it go?"

The sooner you just tell us you were really there for penis enlargment surgery, the better you'll feel about it.

James Patrick
07-17-2008, 09:46 AM
I went to an urgent care center to get stitches put in my toe (stepped on glass). They put the anesthetic in initially and it did not function properly. So the doc put another shot in my toe and I began to convulse. I have little recollection of what happened, other than I wasn't in control of what my body was doing. My mother, who was with me at the time, said it looked like I was having a seizure. It only lasted for around a minute, but it was still scary as fuck.

So, my lesson was to never go anywhere where they advertise how quickly you're cared for.

fuckkkkkk that

i convulsed on an airplane one time. they had to land it. i was angry. it cost us a lot of money to go the rest of the way and for the hospital visit. it was quite an event.