PDA

View Full Version : My 2-Year Sprint Wireless Contract Is Ending Next Week

Caley Tibbittz
07-12-2008, 09:24 PM
Any (hopefully pay-as-you-go) providers you can recommend that can take a Sprint phone and will let me keep my number?

changingshades
07-12-2008, 09:37 PM
I like sprint and you can keep using sprint after the contract is up. You can cancel it at any time.

that or Alltell

just don't go with at&t. they fucking suck ass

Caley Tibbittz
07-12-2008, 09:40 PM
I like sprint and you can keep using sprint after the contract is up. You can cancel it at any time.

that or Alltell

just don't go with at&t. they fucking suck ass
I thought I had to sign up for a new 1-2 year contract -- I don't?

And Sprint's okay, but I use my phone so little that I wish they had a pay-as-you-go plan.

Jason California
07-12-2008, 09:42 PM
yeah, you can go month to month after. They use stuff like handset upgrade to entice you to renew the contract when it runs out.

Caley Tibbittz
07-12-2008, 09:49 PM
yeah, you can go month to month after. They use stuff like handset upgrade to entice you to renew the contract when it runs out.
Does the price change (go up) at all?

Jason California
07-12-2008, 09:54 PM
Does the price change (go up) at all?

I don't think so.

I have been without a contract on T-Mobile since February and the same plan since 2003.

If you do change your rate plan they may require a contract extension.

changingshades
07-12-2008, 10:07 PM
I thought I had to sign up for a new 1-2 year contract -- I don't?

And Sprint's okay, but I use my phone so little that I wish they had a pay-as-you-go plan.

nope, my contract ended a few months ago. It keeps going as long as you keep paying it, unless you get a new phone and get the discount. You can probably finagle a monthly discount on your services if you stay with it.

Kingsumo
07-12-2008, 10:58 PM
Hey Tibbitz, I know with T-Mobile, you can port your number to pre-paid after your contract is up. For them you need to get a new pre-paid sim card, but you can keep your same number and phone. I would think Sprint would have something similar. May be worth it to call and ask.

Jason California
07-12-2008, 11:13 PM
Hey Tibbitz, I know with T-Mobile, you can port your number to pre-paid after your contract is up. For them you need to get a new pre-paid sim card, but you can keep your same number and phone. I would think Sprint would have something similar. May be worth it to call and ask.

Sprint phones do not use sim cards.

Kingsumo
07-12-2008, 11:14 PM
Sprint phones do not use sim cards.

Well no, but they should still have the option to port to a pre-paid plan in some form. I believe the do it as an over the air push

Jason California
07-12-2008, 11:16 PM
Well no, but they should still have the option to port to a pre-paid plan in some form. I believe the do it as an over the air push

correct. He wants to be able to still use his current handset though.

Kingsumo
07-12-2008, 11:17 PM
correct. He wants to be able to still use his current handset though.

That is what he would need to check on. If they can change the account over to pre-paid and OTA push whatever they need to for phone settings, he should be gold.