PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone reading Remender's The End League?

nihilance
07-10-2008, 04:39 AM
I just read the solict for Oct and it sounds really interesting...

Trapped, tortured, and left for dead, Arachnakid and the Blue Gauntlet must set aside their differences to escape the insanity of the City of Lore. In Germany, Soldier American and Prairie Ghost face off against an army of cloned former allies in hopes of stopping Wolfsangel from creating a Frankenstein’s monster capable of wielding the hammer of Thor! Who is the mysterious Mook? What are Divinity’s true motives, and will the Greek Gods be humanity’s saviors or final executioners?

Is anyone reading this that can give me an opinion?

Jim T.
07-10-2008, 04:41 AM
I've been reading it and have really enjoyed it. Dark, dark superhero stuff with interesting characters. The good guys not only lost, but they (and the world) got their asses handed to them by the bad guys.

PeteL
07-10-2008, 04:42 AM
I read the first issue, and enjoyed it. As Jim said, it's pretty dark.

Sy-Klone
07-10-2008, 04:50 AM
I'm really digging it. It's dense, and there's not a lot of handholding. They throw you in the deep end with these characters and don't give you much time to catch your breath.

Great stuff.

nihilance
07-10-2008, 05:01 AM
Thanks guys...I'll have to hunt up the issues I've missed...what issue are they on? And is this an ongoing or a mini?

Marc Lombardi
07-10-2008, 05:13 AM
It's great. Definitely hunt the issues down. I believe only three issues are out at the moment.

SidekicksRevenge
07-10-2008, 06:13 AM
I dig the premise, but didn't like the way it read. That said, pretty much everyone else I've talked to about it thinks I'm crazy for not thinking it's brilliant.

Humphrey_Lee
07-10-2008, 08:44 AM
I dig the premise, but didn't like the way it read. That said, pretty much everyone else I've talked to about it thinks I'm crazy for not thinking it's brilliant.

Actually, I think I'm in the same boat as you. Which sucks because I really wanted to love it, but it's just not there for me. Mainly I think it's because I just haven't latched onto any of the characters at all, and there's still a lot of exposition to trod through as Remender is trying to catch us all up on the world the book is in and what these character do and who they are. It's just kind of messy to me, IMO, but once it hits stride I can see it being quite excellent. For now though, I'm kind of wary to keep buying it.

nihilance
07-10-2008, 09:29 AM
Actually, I think I'm in the same boat as you. Which sucks because I really wanted to love it, but it's just not there for me. Mainly I think it's because I just haven't latched onto any of the characters at all, and there's still a lot of exposition to trod through as Remender is trying to catch us all up on the world the book is in and what these character do and who they are. It's just kind of messy to me, IMO, but once it hits stride I can see it being quite excellent. For now though, I'm kind of wary to keep buying it.

I may be in the same boat guys. Checked out issue three today...and I have a feeling it will read better in trade so I'll wait for that.

the last ronin
07-10-2008, 10:01 AM

I second this.
and the art bugged me.

Twelvecents
07-10-2008, 10:18 AM
I read the first issue, but "Wanted", and maybe Waid's "Empire", kind of shot the wad for me on the 'the villains win' premise. Not that they're exactly the same or anything, but somehow the general idea doesn't hold much fascination for me past a couple of iterations.

12˘