PDA

View Full Version : Knowing - movie trailer

Rosdower 3.0
07-08-2008, 12:37 PM
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=q0lM-WFVTdw

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knowing_%28film%29

I remember being excited about the premise of this movie years ago, when I first heard about it...but that was back when Richard Kelly was attached to write and direct. Since then, he has done Southland Tales and now this movie has Nic Cage in it... :-?

Scotty
07-08-2008, 12:41 PM
Looks like a good pop corn flick

James Patrick
07-08-2008, 12:43 PM
two things.

nicholas cage only does movies where he figures out puzzles.

i'm sick of wreckage flying into the camera to cut to the next scene

James Patrick
Looks like a good pop corn flick

i liked the airplane coming down . . until the, again, wreckage into camera.

MIKE D
Yeah, such a great premise and now I'm really kind of off on the whole thing. I'm with you. It would have to get STELLAR reviews when it comes out for me to get re-enthused.

James Patrick
07-08-2008, 12:45 PM
and i have to admit, i was into the trailer, then the second i saw cage i was out of it. he really needs to change his recent reputation

MIKE D
07-08-2008, 12:47 PM
and i have to admit, i was into the trailer, then the second i saw cage i was out of it. he really needs to change his recent reputation

I thought he was doing that with ADAPTATION and THE WEATHERMAN, and then he just went right back to the crap.

James Patrick
07-08-2008, 12:49 PM
I thought he was doing that with ADAPTATION and THE WEATHERMAN, and then he just went right back to the crap.

they're like a specific brand of crap too -- aside from the decent popcorn national treasure stuff. stuff like next, and this, which i don't want to put in that catagory, but then i see him and get scared.

Marcdachamp
07-08-2008, 12:55 PM

I still love Matchstick Men.

Mark Mavro (kryptic6)
07-08-2008, 01:05 PM
At least Alex Proyas is the director. If he retains somewhat to his dark roots, we might have a decent movie.

And Rose Byrne... always amazing.

c. page
07-08-2008, 01:05 PM
cage is hit or miss for me, so it really depends. i like the concept though.

may catch this when it hits the dollar theater near my place.

Patton
07-20-2009, 08:22 PM
Just watched this. Not what I expected at all. Not even a little. I thought it was gonna be like Next. But they actually did some stuff. It was way more effective than I thought it would be. And Nicholas Cage's acting was so bad it was adorable. And the effects were weird. They were simultaneosly visceral and ridiculously overdone. What a conundrum this movie is.

Plus, it's maybe the first Shaggy God story we've seen since Twilight Zone.

Genius J
07-20-2009, 10:35 PM
I just watched this tonight. What an awful, laughable, ridiculous film. The premise was thinner than Nic Cage's hairline. Ugh.

Matt C. Linton
07-20-2009, 10:41 PM
Yeah, I really hated this movie. And I've liked every Proyas movie I've seen (The Crow, Dark City, and I,Robot).