PDA

View Full Version : MAC users: Leopard Question...

trevor hale
07-08-2008, 11:10 AM
So my hard drive went to shit and I lost everything a week ago, and the guy at the Apple store upgraded me from Tiger to Leopard when I had it worked on.

I got home and started playing around with it and noticed the two folders next to the trash, "Documents" and "Downloads".

Not realizing what they were, I thought they were just taking up space in my dock, so I got rid of them.

Now that I've actually figured out what they're for, I want them back. I got the "Documents" folder back, but can't get the other one.

Anyone have any suggestions?

I tried dragging the folder from the Users application menu, but it won't put the folder back, only the "about downloads" PDF.

Buk Was Right
07-08-2008, 11:14 AM
I could pretend that I knew the answer... But i googled it: http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1588515&tstart=135

Hope that helps.

Alex(sadly)Maleev
07-08-2008, 11:21 AM
So my hard drive went to shit and I lost everything a week ago, and the guy at the Apple store upgraded me from Tiger to Leopard when I had it worked on.

I got home and started playing around with it and noticed the two folders next to the trash, "Documents" and "Downloads".

Not realizing what they were, I thought they were just taking up space in my dock, so I got rid of them.

Now that I've actually figured out what they're for, I want them back. I got the "Documents" folder back, but can't get the other one.

Anyone have any suggestions?

I tried dragging the folder from the Users application menu, but it won't put the folder back, only the "about downloads" PDF.

Hahaha.

trevor hale
07-08-2008, 11:24 AM
I probably should have done that first, but I like to think that the BendisBoard is better than Google.

Thanks.

Modok Gas
07-08-2008, 05:14 PM
I don't think you need the Downloads folder.

I think you can just create a new folder, call it "Downloads" and then drag it to your dock.