PDA

View Full Version : Spider-Man: With Great Power

Evan the Shaggy
07-04-2008, 11:52 AM
I can't be the only one reading this.

One of the best books coming out now. Really digging it.

Criden
07-04-2008, 11:53 AM
Only read the first two so far, but yeah--it's great.

Simps
07-04-2008, 11:58 AM
I bought the first one, and it was too much of a rehash that I had no real interest in picking up #2. Know Harris doesn't do the art on #5 doesn't help things, either.

HeartlessNinny
07-04-2008, 12:39 PM
I will literally buy anything that Tony Harris draws (well... maybe not an arc of Spider-Girl... :mistrust: ).

So yeah, I've been all over this. Honestly, it's not the greatest mini in the world or anything, and I was hardly clamouring to hear about this part of Peter's life. But Tony is awesome as always, and it's certainly not tired ground. I'd give it a solid reccomend for anyone who is a big Spidey fan or a big fan of the creators.

HeartlessNinny
07-04-2008, 12:40 PM
Know Harris doesn't do the art on #5

What! Aw man, you just ruined my day dude. :cry:

juampi
07-04-2008, 12:47 PM
What! Aw man, you just ruined my day dude. :cry:

It's sad, but it hardly comes as a surprise. Remember the Dr. Strange mini for the first wave of Marvel Knights,heck, even Starman,. I guess it's kinda his M.O.

HeartlessNinny
07-04-2008, 01:01 PM
It's sad, but it hardly comes as a surprise. Remember the Dr. Strange mini for the first wave of Marvel Knights,heck, even Starman,. I guess it's kinda his M.O.

Yeah, I shoulda seen it coming. Still, it's a disappointment... Though nothing will ever be as bad as when he left Starman. As near as I can figure, it wasn't a scheduling thing he seemed to be keeping up okay.

But either way, to go from glorious Tony Harris art seriously, some of the best in the biz, bar none to the merely functional Peter Snejberg... Made me sad man. If Tony had stuck around for the full 80 issues, Starman might just edge out Hitman for my favourite series of all time. If nothing else, it'd be a hell of a closer race.

The worst part is that Pete Snejberg isn't bad or anything, he just keeps filling in for some of the industry's top talent, like Harris, Darick, and Steve Dillon. He must be an artistic masochist or something.

juampi
07-04-2008, 01:08 PM
Pete Snejberg is amazing in his own right, he remind a little of Tim Sale...

PS:(Yes, I copied and pasted his name from your post)

WinstonWolf
07-04-2008, 01:32 PM
I heard this was good. I like Lapham, he seems to like the character from the interviews that I read with him. I'll probably check this one out, but I'm kind of burned out on origins of Spidey.