PDA

View Full Version : Corben's Haunt of Horror

Criden
07-03-2008, 03:28 PM
Any fans of these series? I didn't read the Poe one, but I just started reading #1 of the Lovecraft one, and it's excellently done.

thatguyfromsyracuse
07-03-2008, 03:40 PM
I read the first series and dug it, and really liked the first issue of the Lovecraft series.

Criden
07-03-2008, 03:57 PM
I read the first series and dug it, and really liked the first issue of the Lovecraft series.

Just finished the first issue of the Lovecraft series. Awesome. You can tell Corben's loving doing this. Great stuff.

thatguyfromsyracuse
07-03-2008, 03:58 PM
Just finished the first issue of the Lovecraft series. Awesome. You can tell Corben's loving doing this. Great stuff.

Yeah, the art is awesome. It's got this quality to it, no matter what it is, that is just creepy. From the people to the trees, it's just great.

Criden
07-03-2008, 04:06 PM
Yeah, the art is awesome. It's got this quality to it, no matter what it is, that is just creepy. From the people to the trees, it's just great.

Yep--Corben's a genius. I need to read Banner.

Garth
07-03-2008, 04:19 PM
I bought the hardcover of the Poe collection. I generally enjoyed it. Corben is an acquired taste, but I absolutely love him. He did some great work (amazing detail!!) on the Poe series. But I was never sure how well it was received. Glad to see he is back to work on Lovecraft. This is a really awesome idea for an anthology book series. Would love to see him work on some contemporary stuff as well (short stories by Clive Barker, Stephen King, Richard Matheson, Ray Bradbury, Harlan Ellison and Rod Serling would be jaw-dropping)

Garth
07-03-2008, 04:21 PM
Yep--Corben's a genius. I need to read Banner.

Woah, you have never read Banner? That is a great story also! It lacks a lot of the wit and double entendres that he uses. But I think it is for the best.

S. Earl
07-03-2008, 04:23 PM
The hard time arc of Hellblazer is worth seeking out as well.

shoelaceless
07-03-2008, 04:24 PM
I'd like to read this. Is the Poe series out in trade yet?

Criden
07-03-2008, 04:26 PM
The hard time arc of Hellblazer is worth seeking out as well.

That one I have read. Great stuff. The only thing by Corben that I didn't like was the IDW Bigfoot series.

Joshzilla
07-03-2008, 05:09 PM
I've got the first Lovecraft issue, but haven't read it yet. I also have never read any Lovecraft so hopefully I'll dig it. I do love me some Corben art, though.

Andy Kuhn
07-03-2008, 05:21 PM
i am a huge rich corben fan, however, i am waiting for the trade to come out.
i'm trying to cut down on the amount of monthlies i buy.