PDA

View Full Version : Superman is missing something

Evan the Shaggy
06-26-2008, 08:26 AM
For the past decade, I have noticed something has been waning in the quality of the man of steel's titles. A key essential spot to help the common reader have a better gateway into the steel metropolis that is aptly named, Metropolis. Someone for this man of tomorrow to have a special connection with in terms of showing that this mild mannered reporter and role model to billions can show he is a man of the people as well.

While Grant Morrison's All Star Superman is certainly doing an excellent job of representing the Last Son of Krypton and Geoff John's run is doing a great job of categorizing the high flying excitement of Clark Kent, I feel that we're still missing out on something or maybe I should change that to "someone".

Who could this be? Who could enter into the DC Universe once again to put a shining light for kids everywhere? Maybe someone like...

BIBBO!

http://www.cincity2000.com/content/images/stories/bibbo1.jpg

Yes Bibbo Bibowski who has the amazing power to get piss drunk and beat the shit out of people. Yes Bibbo, with his amazing abilities of forgetting who he is and yelling out "SODER!" on a regular basis. Truly Bibbo Bibowski is a man among men.

Clark and Lois splitting up? Lois dying? Clark fighting a sun monster? Bibbo can be there to pick up the pieces and look like a drunken beat up version of Popeye the Sailor Man.

WillieLee
06-26-2008, 08:26 AM
Superwhores?

The Hodag
06-26-2008, 08:28 AM
He should indeed return.

To be head-punched by Superboy Prime.

Alexander Hamilton
06-26-2008, 08:29 AM
I agree...

As an aside, I miss Myx...whatever. Is he still dead?

CapnChaos
06-26-2008, 08:32 AM
I always hear him as having Brad Garrett's voice thanks to the cartoon.

Joe Kalicki
06-26-2008, 08:33 AM
90s Superman had an awesome and extensive supporting cast.

Evan the Shaggy
06-26-2008, 08:35 AM
90s Superman had an awesome and extensive supporting cast.

Like Scorn? Heh.

CapnChaos
06-26-2008, 08:49 AM
Say, whatever happened to Inspector Henderson? I know they moved him over from the 50's TV show back in the 80's revamp, but I haven't actually seen him.

Actually it's funny how many members of Superman's supporting cast come from other mediums first. Perry and Jimmy both originated from the radio show (along with Kryptonite.) I know they're going to write Chloe into the comics at some point if it hasn't happened already, too. Livewire and Mercy from the cartoon, etc.

Ray G.
06-26-2008, 08:53 AM
The Superman books need a wacky mad scientist.

I miss Emil Hamilton. :(

The Hodag
06-26-2008, 08:55 AM
I always hear him as having Brad Garrett's voice thanks to the cartoon.

I'd forgotten he was on the 'toon!

Yeah, I do remember a great bit where he calls up Livewire's talkshow when she's trash-talking Supes and makes an awesomely clumsy defense of him.