PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Reynolds as the Flash?

ShortStack
06-14-2008, 09:41 AM
He said something about this at the Amityville Horror panel like 4-5 years ago and I haven't heard anything since. Any of you people who watch news sites heard anything about this? Because I still think it could be one hell of a casting choice..

Blandy vs Terrorism
06-14-2008, 09:42 AM
I agree, but I think the whole movie has kinda fallen by the wayside since then.

NeverWanderer
06-14-2008, 09:43 AM
I believe he's currently lined up to play Deadpool in the Wolverine movie.

Which makes me go a great big squishy. :)

Thommy Melanson
06-14-2008, 09:43 AM
Outside of all the Alanis/Scarlett drama, I haven't read anything that Reynolds is up to.

I have a vague memory of reading he's off the Flash movie, but that was months and months ago.

ShortStack
06-14-2008, 09:44 AM
aw man. is there a rule against him doing more than one superhero role? Because c'mon..he'd be the perfect cocky asshole for the role..

Thommy Melanson
06-14-2008, 09:45 AM
aw man. is there a rule against him doing more than one superhero role? Because c'mon..he'd be the perfect cocky asshole for the role..

Did you enjoy him in Blade 3?

The interrogation scene with Parker Posey was that movie's sole highlight.

Ashwin Pande
06-14-2008, 09:45 AM
Flash isn't really a cocky asshole though. Wally used to be an asshole back in the 80s but he's a mellow nice guy now. He's the most likeable of all the justice league guys.

And I think Michael Rosenbaum could be better. Because he doesn't have the cocky asshole look. Plus we already know he's got the voice.

Blandy vs Terrorism
06-14-2008, 09:46 AM
At the risk of making him into the "superhero project" guy, I'd be happy with Michael Rosenbaum doing the role if he can still grow enough hair.

NickT
Goyer's Flash, which he was interested in IIRC, was dropped around the time Whedon's WW was.

Blandy vs Terrorism
Damn you, ashwin!

Thommy Melanson
06-14-2008, 09:47 AM
Damn you, ashwin!

Get in line.

Life already has.

;)

Ashwin Pande
06-14-2008, 09:47 AM
Damn you, ashwin!

You can't beat me! I post from the future!

ShortStack
06-14-2008, 09:48 AM
I always enjoy him. He's hilarious.
He also doesn't even need to talk from my hetero female POV
http://bestof.provocateuse.com/images/photos/ryan_reynolds_99.jpg
oh man...if he was chained to my floor like that...

Thommy Melanson
06-14-2008, 09:49 AM

...more than his wrists would be chaffed? ;)

ShortStack
06-14-2008, 09:50 AM
...more than his wrists would be chaffed? ;)

:twisted:

Ashwin Pande
06-14-2008, 09:50 AM
That other guy from Two Guys a Girl and a Pizza Place didn't get too far, huh?

I saw the girl on Monk so I guess she's still working.

NeverWanderer
06-14-2008, 09:52 AM
That other guy from Two Guys a Girl and a Pizza Place didn't get too far, huh?

I saw the girl on Monk so I guess she's still working.

Which is kinda too bad, because I actually liked the other guy on that show more than Reynolds at the time. :p

ShortStack
06-14-2008, 09:53 AM
at that panel someone accidentally called it "two girls and a guy" and he yelled "IT'S TWO GUYS AND A GIRL! THANKS FOR CARING!" and pouted facietously. It was cute.

Ashwin Pande
06-14-2008, 09:54 AM
Which is kinda too bad, because I actually liked the other guy on that show more than Reynolds at the time. :p

Yeah, same here. I liked Reynolds but the other guy's character was more sympathetic and relateable.

RebootedCorpse
06-14-2008, 09:54 AM
I'd prefer Burt Reynolds.

NeverWanderer
06-14-2008, 09:55 AM
Yeah, same here. I liked Reynolds but the other guy's character was more sympathetic and relateable.

Agreed. I always felt like Reynolds was trying too hard to be Jim Carrey on that show.

Of course, he was a total revelation to me in Blade Trinity, and now after Smokin' Aces, I think he can do pretty much anything. :)

Ashwin Pande
06-14-2008, 09:58 AM
Gah... I hated Smokin' Aces.

I liked Reynolds in Trinity. I think he'll make a great Deadpool.

NeverWanderer
06-14-2008, 10:05 AM
Gah... I hated Smokin' Aces.

I liked Reynolds in Trinity. I think he'll make a great Deadpool.

I was okay with Aces! Just off-the-wall fun with a surprise bit of humanity and drama thrown in. Didn't bother me in the least -- and HE was especially impressive, because I'd never thought he had the chops to handle the more dramatic stuff.

Agreed on Trinity, though. I think I'm more excited for him in Wolverine than I am for Wolverine.

Lanowar
06-14-2008, 10:08 AM
Someone I believe it was MTV online asked Reynolds if he would like to be the flash and while he agreed it would be cool he seemed more intrested in playing Deadpool then anything.

Still no reason why he can't be both, I reckon he could do both.

Queen of the Ban Age
06-14-2008, 10:09 AM

Preach it, sister. I'm not usually one for buff guys, but I'll make an exception for him.

ShortStack
06-14-2008, 10:18 AM
Preach it, sister. I'm not usually one for buff guys, but I'll make an exception for him.

*high five!*

my friend's dog is named burt reynolds.

Marcdachamp
06-14-2008, 10:26 AM
He'll be too busy with Wolverine and then the Deadpool spin-off. :D

Jonathan Callan
06-14-2008, 10:50 AM
Did you enjoy him in Blade 3?

The interrogation scene with Parker Posey was that movie's sole highlight.

Loved him in Blade 3. In fact, I loved Blade 3. It's easily the best worst movie I've ever seen.

Albert
06-14-2008, 10:53 AM
I was okay with Aces! Just off-the-wall fun with a surprise bit of humanity and drama thrown in. Didn't bother me in the least -- and HE was especially impressive, because I'd never thought he had the chops to handle the more dramatic stuff.

Are you sure you're talking about the same Smokin' Aces?

NeverWanderer
06-14-2008, 10:55 AM
Are you sure you're talking about the same Smokin' Aces?

The one with the shooting and the funny ha-ha with the people in the building?

Yeah! :)

Whip
06-14-2008, 10:57 AM
I think he'd be great for Flash. Not quite A-List yet, but still very well known and with his own fan-base, and a good actor.

schizorabbit
06-14-2008, 10:59 AM
*high five!*

Does your friend's dog wear a horrific toupee as well?

Thommy Melanson
06-14-2008, 11:07 AM
Does your friend's dog wear a horrific toupee as well?

Did he play the namesake has-been stunt dog in Pooper?

Marcdachamp
06-14-2008, 11:15 AM
I think he'd be great for Flash. Not quite A-List yet, but still very well known and with his own fan-base, and a good actor.

I think he can easily sell a Deadpool solo movie. Wolverine is pretty much money in the bank for Fox, as is the X-Men franchise, provided they keep the quality up. I think we can realistically see 3 more X-Men films over the next few years: Wolverine, Magneto and Deadpool. Gambit is even possible depending on how strong his presence is in Wolverine. He really has a lot of fans.

Whip
06-14-2008, 11:17 AM
I think he can easily sell a Deadpool solo movie. Wolverine is pretty much money in the bank for Fox, as is the X-Men franchise, provided they keep the quality up. I think we can realistically see 3 more X-Men films over the next few years: Wolverine, Magneto and Deadpool. Gambit is even possible depending on how strong his presence is in Wolverine. He really has a lot of fans.

Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool or Flash is good enough for me. :heart:

Ray G.
06-14-2008, 11:24 AM
He could be a decent choice. I'm not sure Flash would make for a great movie, though. His powers are a bit limited, and his villains aren't exactly iconic.

jugglersdespair
06-14-2008, 11:26 AM

For some reason when I first saw this thread I read it as "Burt Reynolds as Flash." Even if he had a mask on it would be difficult to keep that toupee on at such high speeds.

ShortStack
06-14-2008, 12:23 PM
the dog is a tiny mop whose eyes you can't see and looks like it's about to explode every time it barks.

Thommy Melanson
06-14-2008, 12:28 PM
He could be a decent choice. I'm not sure Flash would make for a great movie, though. His powers are a bit limited, and his villains aren't exactly iconic.

And you call yourself a DC fan?!

Dude, Flash's speed could look awesome on film as he traverses the globe, and his vibration/phasing and kinetic energy draining powers could make for some cool action moments.

The Abomination and Iron Monger are far from iconic villains, and they worked well lately.

Right off the bat, the villain's gotta be Captain Cold. Although done a thousand times better than Ahnold's Mr. Freeze, obviously.

Save Reverse Flash/Professor Zoom for the second, but better yet third film.

NickT
06-14-2008, 12:38 PM
And you call yourself a DC fan?!

Dude, Flash's speed could look awesome on film as he traverses the globe, and his vibration/phasing and kinetic energy draining powers could make for some cool action moments.

The Abomination and Iron Monger are far from iconic villains, and they worked well lately.

Right off the bat, the villain's gotta be Captain Cold. Although done a thousand times better than Ahnold's Mr. Freeze, obviously.

Save Reverse Flash/Professor Zoom for the second, but better yet third film.
The biggest problem with Flash is that much as I love his Rogues, they are a bit silly. You just said that the first villain for a man who can go around the globe at super speed is a guy in a coat with a freeze gun :)

Thommy Melanson
06-14-2008, 12:44 PM
The biggest problem with Flash is that much as I love his Rogues, they are a bit silly. You just said that the first villain for a man who can go around the globe at super speed is a guy in a coat with a freeze gun :)

He doesn't HAVE to be a guy with a freeze gun.

The movie wunderkinds could tinker with the character and make him an all-powerful cold-powered global climate-affecting type.

Um...that makes everyone call him Captain. :lol: