PDA

View Full Version : An Australian Watching 'The View'

danlomb
06-11-2008, 06:30 AM
So I'm sitting here waiting for some classic Law & Order eps - (back when it was 99% Order and 1% Law) - and so I've got the tail end of 'The View' going. They're on the couches with Regis.

Now I've never seen this show before. Heard about it, sure. But never suffered through segments or footage.

They are all shouting and clucking - Regis included - all at once, all on top of each other. Not arguing, just wanting to say their piece as quickly as possible. Barb Walters keeps plugging her book with every anecdote. That is the only thing I can make out from all the noise. I'm surprised an editor hasn't pointed out to them that it's 50 mins of them shouting over one another. Whoopie just sits back and hasn't said a word in 15mins.

Oh great, Jackie Collins just walked on. To talk about sex.

I would do the young blonde, though. Gods, yes.

Hennessy
06-11-2008, 06:51 AM
All you need to know about America will be learned from watching the View.

Endless entertainment. It was more fun when Rosie O'Donnell was one because everyone was pissed most of the time. The current lineup is harmonious by comparison.

danlomb
06-11-2008, 06:58 AM
All you need to know about America will be learned from watching the View.

Endless entertainment. It was more fun when Rosie O'Donnell was one because everyone was pissed most of the time. The current lineup is harmonious by comparison.

I'd heard the Rosie years were a gas. Couldn't help but feel sorry for Whoopi though. She literally just sat there in silence, not knowing what to make of what her life has become.

Jim T.
06-11-2008, 06:59 AM
A horrid, horrid show. Unwatchable for more than 2 minutes.

Yano
06-11-2008, 07:07 AM
I'd heard the Rosie years were a gas. Couldn't help but feel sorry for Whoopi though. She literally just sat there in silence, not knowing what to make of what her life has become.

I've noticed that Whoopi really gets into it with Elizabeth when they talk about politics. Not as bad as Rosie did, but they do get close.

Whoopi also got on Denise Richards case when Denise said that she was trying to protect her kids. Whoopi than said, "why are you doing a reality show with your kids on it if you're trying to protect them?"

I work at home. I usually have them on for background noise. :scared:

danlomb
06-11-2008, 07:13 AM
Whoopi also got on Denise Richards case when Denise said that she was trying to protect her kids. Whoopi than said, "why are you doing a reality show with your kids on it if you're trying to protect them?"

I'm horrified at myself for having a "you GO, girl!" moment out of pride for Whoopi giving it to her.

I think they got me :surrend:

dasNdanger
06-11-2008, 08:00 AM
I don't understand this show at all - or women (or men) who watch it. Of course, I don't watch Oprah, or Ellen, either. But The View is - as Jim already said - HORRID! I sometimes catch just the tailend of it, waiting for the local noon news broadcast. It hurts my ears, my eyes, my intelligence (and that's saying something, since we all know I'm not the sharpest tack in the box).

das

RickLM
06-11-2008, 08:04 AM
I'm horrified at myself for having a "you GO, girl!" moment out of pride for Whoopi giving it to her.

I think they got me :surrend:

I think The View women are fairly representative of a certain type of American woman (fairly wealthy, obnoxious but uninformed, older). Do you see that type in Australia? The only Australian women I'm aware of are Nicole Kidman and Dame Edna. :lol:

danlomb
06-11-2008, 08:11 AM
I think The View women are fairly representative of a certain type of American woman (fairly wealthy, obnoxious but uninformed, older). Do you see that type in Australia? The only Australian women I'm aware of are Nicole Kidman and Dame Edna. :lol:

Not so much, I think. Mainly because we actually tried our own 'The View'-type-panel-show. Called...'The Catch Up', or something :S

Anyway, it lasted maybe a month? So I guess repeats of 'Seventh Heaven' and 'Reba' proved more palatable.

Make of that of Australian women as you will :D

Oh, actually, alot of our daytime stuff is cooking shows. And, of course, your Oprahs, your Ellens, Days of Our Lives, Young and the Restless, Bold and Beautiful, etc.

Hennessy
06-12-2008, 07:14 AM
I've noticed that Whoopi really gets into it with Elizabeth when they talk about politics. Not as bad as Rosie did, but they do get close.

I work at home. I usually have them on for background noise. :scared:

I was unemployeed for six months last year and ended up watching it far too often. I don't have cable. I was too tired to switch the noise off. It can be horrible and entertaining all at once, depends on how tolerant and entertained you want to be. They do make good background noise.

Whoopi laying into Denise Richards was good, because Denise Richards was presenting many of the conflicts and problems in her life and divorce. Whoopi really just asked the question that was just hanging there.

Marc Lombardi
06-12-2008, 09:02 AM
If you are a man and you watch it long enough your penis will actually shrivel and sink inward and eventually you'll be left with a vagina.

dasNdanger
06-12-2008, 10:17 AM
If you are a man and you watch it long enough your penis will actually shrivel and sink inward and eventually you'll be left with a vagina.

:lol:

(I think the opposite happened to me from watching Clint Eastwood movies. Just ask Travis... ;) )

das