PDA

View Full Version : Dennis Kucinich Introduces President Bush Impeachment Resolution

HOOKS
06-09-2008, 05:39 PM
WASHINGTON (AP) Rep. Dennis Kucinich, a former Democratic presidential contender, said Monday he wants the House to consider a resolution to impeach President Bush.

Speaker Nancy Pelosi consistently has said impeachment was "off the table."

Kucinich, D-Ohio, read his proposed impeachment language in a floor speech. He contended Bush deceived the nation and violated his oath of office in leading the country into the Iraq war.

Kucinich introduced a resolution last year to impeach Vice President Dick Cheney. That resolution was killed, but only after Republicans initially voted in favor of taking up the measure to force a debate.

Kucinich won 50 percent of the vote in a five-way House Democratic primary in March, beating back critics who said he ignored business at home to travel the country in his quest to be president.

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDZ8seg4Nr4

NickT
06-09-2008, 05:40 PM
Wont happen.

Amos Moses
06-09-2008, 05:41 PM
He barely has half a year left. They had years to bring this up but choose not to. Forget about it.

Queen of the Ban Age
06-09-2008, 05:42 PM
Wont happen.

And even if it did, what's the point now? He's almost done with his final term.

Justin.Strange
06-09-2008, 05:45 PM
I love the man, but if Dennis Kucinich were to ever mention his name backwards, he would vanish and be transported back to the fifth dimension of which he originally inhabited. True story!

GrandeMaestro Fünke
06-09-2008, 05:45 PM
There's really no point. There hasn't been one for the past year. The process would likely take as longer then his term.

HOOKS
06-09-2008, 05:46 PM
He barely has half a year left. They had years to bring this up but choose not to. Forget about it.

That, and the process will take longer than his term, not to mention Pelosi said it ain't gonna happen.

Ray G.
06-09-2008, 05:48 PM
:lol:

Obama's beating his head against the wall right now.

LenNWallace
06-09-2008, 06:19 PM
I'd still bang the shit out of his wife.

RebootedCorpse
06-09-2008, 06:28 PM
Completely appropriate and utterly unrealistic.

Matt C. Linton
06-09-2008, 06:30 PM
Nice idea, but it annoys me when members of Congress waste time introducing things they KNOW won't go anywhere.

Amos Moses
06-09-2008, 06:55 PM
That, and the process will take longer than his term, not to mention Pelosi said it ain't gonna happen.

Pelosi's a POS.

lonesomefool
06-09-2008, 08:08 PM

Why? Cause a Democrat is going after a President that less than a quarter of the nation likes?

I dont see how this would really hurt him, all it does is make Kucinich look like a nut job, but the UFO thing did that already. I dont see it pissing off anyone, but the most hardcore of Bushies and who really cares what those people think, they were never gonna vote for him anyway.

lonesomefool
06-09-2008, 08:09 PM
Pelosi's a POS.

She and Reid have done a horrible job. In many ways they deserve to lose their job almost as much as Bush and Cheney do. Almost.

Amos Moses
06-09-2008, 08:13 PM
She and Reid have done a horrible job. In many ways they deserve to lose their job almost as much as Bush and Cheney do. Almost.

100% agree.

NickT
06-09-2008, 08:13 PM
Why? Cause a Democrat is going after a President that less than a quarter of the nation likes?

I dont see how this would really hurt him, all it does is make Kucinich look like a nut job, but the UFO thing did that already. I dont see it pissing off anyone, but the most hardcore of Bushies and who really cares what those people think, they were never gonna vote for him anyway.
I dunno, I think it could hurt him. Kindof depends on how well proceedings went. Also, the media might focus on this more than on the election race, giving Obama less chances to spread his message.

Highly doubtful, but possible enough that it'd be silly to push it at this stage IMO.

TonyFleecs
06-09-2008, 08:21 PM
So far this thread shows a whole not of that new American apathy.

lonesomefool
06-09-2008, 08:25 PM
I dunno, I think it could hurt him. Kindof depends on how well proceedings went. Also, the media might focus on this more than on the election race, giving Obama less chances to spread his message.

Highly doubtful, but possible enough that it'd be silly to push it at this stage IMO.

I dont know, the media and people's attention is clearly on the election, that isnt gonna change. The only way it might a little, is if they actually pulled Bush and Cheney in for hearings. That isnt gonna happen.

I just dont see this being a big deal, it's pointless since we all know nothing will come out of it, and Americans already know Bush and Cheney were horrible, horrible, horrible at their job.

Besides, I think it would help Obama more if this DID happen. It would remind people of all the shit those two have pulled for the last 8 years and make it even easier for Obama to win. Plus it would force McCain to pick a side, he has been trying for months now to be friends with Bushies and Bush-haters.

Hock
06-09-2008, 08:33 PM
It's a little late for impeachment proceedings. Time would be spent better working on a war crimes case.

artimoff
06-09-2008, 08:38 PM
Dennis Kucinich Introduces President Bush Impeachment Resolution

Again?

Jason California
06-09-2008, 09:05 PM
If he did it he should be prosecuted no matter how far along he is in his term. The idea I seem to be getting here is that if a President can get far enough in his term it is OK. That he can just coast on by into the sunset and get away with it because "oh well, his term is almost over you can't him out now."

Fuck that shit, I want a waffle cone.

WillieLee
06-09-2008, 09:06 PM
Democrats and Republicans used some of the same intelligence when they tried to get Clinton to invade in 98. Awkward!

TIP
06-10-2008, 01:15 AM
I'd still bang the shit out of his wife.

Heh.
Get in line, dude.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/tiptone/eksticker.jpg

T
:wink:

sleep
06-10-2008, 07:10 AM
Heh.
Get in line, dude.

T

:lol:!

Drkemerld73
06-10-2008, 07:52 AM
Heh.
Get in line, dude.

T

I could get behind that... Or in front of... Or on top of... Or...

She must be wearing her tongue ring though.

And here she is campaigning for her nakedness:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2186/2054003128_6b9aaa910e.jpg

DaveCummings
06-10-2008, 08:06 AM
I could get behind that... Or in front of... Or on top of... Or...

She must be wearing her tongue ring though.

And here she is campaigning for her nakedness:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2186/2054003128_6b9aaa910e.jpg

I wonder if when they're in bed, she tries to get him to go on about "his precious", and dress like Gollum.

Drkemerld73
06-10-2008, 08:08 AM
I wonder if when they're in bed, she tries to get him to go on about "his precious", and dress like Gollum.

Maybe he has to try and find his lucky charms?

WinterRose
06-12-2008, 12:27 PM
But then again...

House waves off impeachment measure against Bush
By LAURIE KELLMAN

WASHINGTON (AP) The House has voted to send articles of impeachment against President Bush to a committee that is not likely to hold hearings before the end of his term.

By 251-166, House members dispatched the measure to a committee on Wednesday a procedure often used to kill legislation.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi long ago declared the prospects for impeachment proceedings "off the table."

Rep. Dennis Kucinich, D-Ohio, who ran for president earlier this year, insists that his resolution deserves more consideration. He spent more than four hours Monday night reading his 35 articles of impeachment into the record, including charges that Bush manufactured a false case for going to war against Iraq.

House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer said Tuesday that the Democratic-led Congress was holding the Bush administration accountable and questioned spending time on impeachment in the "waning months of this administration's tenure."

An election looms in which every House seat, a third of those in the Senate and the presidency are up for grabs. House leaders are staunchly against spending the remaining time in the abbreviated legislative schedule on impeachment proceedings.

The House vote sent the impeachment articles to the House Judiciary Committee, chaired by Rep. John Conyers, D-Mich., who had once vowed to hold impeachment hearings. He wouldn't immediately comment on the articles' prospects for hearings.

Democratic aides widely suggested those gauging the bill's prospects look to a precedent: the impeachment articles against Vice President Dick Cheney, which were sent to Conyers' committee in November. There's no evidence they will be considered before the Bush administration leaves office in January.

Those were Kucinich's, too. Republicans, seeing a chance to force Democrats into an embarrassing debate, voted to bring up the resolution. Democrats countered by pushing through a motion to scuttle the bill from the floor.

Kucinich's articles also charge Bush with failing to provide troops with vehicle armor, illegally detaining both foreign nationals and Americans, condoning torture, mishandling the government's response to Hurricane Katrina and undermining efforts to address global warning.

"It is imperative that members of Congress have a thorough opportunity to read the articles of impeachment and study the documentation," Kucinich said in a statement.

Mark Mavro (kryptic6)
06-12-2008, 12:33 PM

Why?