PDA

View Full Version : I am now addicted to Jack in the Box tacos

Shannon Chenoweth
06-06-2008, 10:12 AM
I just went there (it's down the road from my new place) hoping to get a couple for lunch and they told me they weren't making anymore today. What?! I am oh so very disappointed. They are just so friggin awesome damn it!

Ben
06-06-2008, 10:13 AM
Sounds like a healthy addiction.

Slewo.O
06-06-2008, 10:14 AM
Sounds like a healthy addiction.

Healthy as cancer I presume?

Criden
06-06-2008, 10:15 AM
That place is the worst (a) for you and (b) in the quality dept.

Shannon Chenoweth
06-06-2008, 10:15 AM
Yeah, well now that I'm in my new place and all, I'm pretty broke anyway, so fast food will be rare. I see the tacos as one of the rare "treats."

Taxman
06-06-2008, 10:16 AM
They didn't have Jack in the Box in Florida?

Shannon Chenoweth
That place is the worst (a) for you and (b) in the quality dept.

Really? They don't have them in FL, so it's new to me.

The Dean
I like the fried ravioli... I'll spend the night on the can but they are so tasty.

Shannon Chenoweth
They didn't have Jack in the Box in Florida?

At least not in Central Florida they didn't. Never eaten at one before now.

Ben
06-06-2008, 10:18 AM
Yeah, well now that I'm in my new place and all, I'm pretty broke anyway, so fast food will be rare. I see the tacos as one of the rare "treats."I thought fast food was specifically designed for broke people.

Taxman
Gag in the Bag is good when it is really late at night. They have a great variety of food, but the stuff that can be gotten elsewhere is almost always better elsewhere.

Criden
Really? They don't have them in FL, so it's new to me.

Yes, really. You can do way better in both respects.

Criden
06-06-2008, 10:19 AM
Healthy as cancer I presume?

Wow. A cancer joke.

Shannon Chenoweth
06-06-2008, 10:19 AM
I thought fast food was specifically designed for broke people.

Ha, probably is. But, I've got to start actually cooking now, better for ya anyway.

adam_warlock_2099
06-06-2008, 10:22 AM
They are so great. I miss them. I get them everytime I go and visit my folks in St. Louis, since they aren't here in Oklahoma.

Criden
06-06-2008, 10:22 AM
Ha, probably is. But, I've got to start actually cooking now, better for ya anyway.

What are you cooking?

Taxman
06-06-2008, 10:23 AM
What are you cooking?We all should pitch in to get Max down to Carolina to help shore up her kitchen.

MIKE D
06-06-2008, 10:24 AM
I thought fast food was specifically designed for broke people.

Yes the "treat" when you are poor is actually affording decent groceries.

Ben
Cool

Kedd
They will be your ruin

Shannon Chenoweth
06-06-2008, 10:25 AM
What are you cooking?

Different stuff. I've got a few cookbooks to start getting recipes out of. This area is great for organics and fresh fruits and veggies, so I'll definitely be getting into that sort of stuff.

Criden
06-06-2008, 10:26 AM
We all should pitch in to get Max down to Carolina to help shore up her kitchen.

Not the worst idea I've ever heard. Make it so, Bendis board (and FOOD NETWORK)!

Yes the "treat" when you are poor is actually affording decent groceries.

Quoted for extra-true truth.

Criden
06-06-2008, 10:27 AM
We all should pitch in to get Max down to Carolina to help shore up her kitchen.

Not the worst idea I've ever heard. Make it so, Bendis board (and FOOD NETWORK)!

Different stuff. I've got a few cookbooks to start getting recipes out of. This area is great for organics and fresh fruits and veggies, so I'll definitely be getting into that sort of stuff.

What kind of dishes do you typically like making?

And a follow-up: how can you afford organic but worry about the price of JITB tacos?

ClintP
They are pretty decent. I used to get 4 of them for $2. Ummmmmmmmm

Ashton
i tried 'em once and thought they were absolute shit.

maybe it was a cheaper taco that i tried?

ClintP
06-06-2008, 10:28 AM

What kind of dishes do you typically like making?

And a follow-up: how can you afford organic but worry about the price of JITB tacos?

Or why worry about organics if you are eating those tacos. :lol:

ClintP
06-06-2008, 10:29 AM
i tried 'em once and thought they were absolute shit.

maybe it was a cheaper taco that i tried?

No, the bigger one is just that. Same thing. It is not a mexican taco, so if you thought you were getting that you would be disappointed.

MIKE D
06-06-2008, 10:29 AM
Yeah I don't get the organics thing either. They're just not an option when you are trying to stretch a dollar.

Criden
06-06-2008, 10:31 AM
Or why worry about organics if you are eating those tacos. :lol:

Also true.

Yeah I don't get the organics thing either. They're just not an option when you are trying to stretch a dollar.

Yeah, absolutely. If you can afford organic food you're fine. If you can't, it's really not worth it. There are plenty of ways to eat cheap and pretty healthily without buying stuff you can't afford.

Shannon Chenoweth
06-06-2008, 01:19 PM
Well, I will only be buying *some* organics since I'm on a tight budget. Lots and lots of veggies and fruits though definitely! :)

The tacos are just something I got into during my first couple days here. I do need to get over them, I'm sure they are horrid for you in so many ways.

c. page
06-06-2008, 01:29 PM
Well, I will only be buying *some* organics since I'm on a tight budget. Lots and lots of veggies and fruits though definitely! :)

The tacos are just something I got into during my first couple days here. I do need to get over them, I'm sure they are horrid for you in so many ways.

excellent drunk food, though.

Criden
06-06-2008, 01:53 PM

Well, if you want any help with recipes or anything, lemme know. :)

niceguyeddie
06-06-2008, 02:02 PM
i prefer making my own tacos. with some nice carne asada, cilantro, little cebollita, rice on the side... and a salsa picante that makes you cry... mmm.

Foolish Mortal
06-06-2008, 02:04 PM
I used to eat those things all the time when I was a kid. I can't really stomach them now.

Servo106
06-06-2008, 02:05 PM
I anxiously await the "I am sick from my addicition to jack in the box tacos" thread.

HOOKS
06-06-2008, 02:09 PM
Jack In The Box is the perfect coming home from the club at 3am but don't feel like stopping at Denny's food.

c. page
06-06-2008, 02:09 PM
Jack In The Box is the perfect coming home from the club at 3am but don't feel like stopping at Denny's food.

yup.

Albert
06-06-2008, 02:11 PM

That's the only time I can justify eating it (and I certainly have eaten it in that situation) but even then there are usually much better options.

Shannon Chenoweth
06-06-2008, 02:54 PM
Well, if you want any help with recipes or anything, lemme know. :)

Cool, thanks. You have any good recipes for apple dishes? How about smoothies? I need to start making my own smoothies to save money. I'm big on strawberry & banana ones. Yummy.

Simps
06-06-2008, 03:04 PM
I got them once because I was curious. It came with 2, I took 2 bites out of one and then threw them away. Nothing beats Henry's Taco's in the Valley, for me.

Simps
06-06-2008, 03:06 PM
I'm partial to the sausages that the cart vendors would be selling right outside of the bars/clubs near Fenway Park in Boston. THAT was the perfect food to eat while walking home drunk.

Queen of the Ban Age
06-06-2008, 03:08 PM
You're eating veggies? Aren't you the chick who asked for the chicken stir-fry with no veggies? :o

adam_warlock_2099
06-06-2008, 03:10 PM

Working till 1-3 am, varying times, it was either Taco Bell or Jack In The Box, and well an Ultimate Cheeseburger,, tacos, or chicken pieces is much better than Taco Bell.

Pat Shatner
06-06-2008, 03:23 PM
Those things are fucking nasty. Some of their burgers are mighty delicious but the tacos I've had from my local Jack in the box were almost inedible. They are dirt cheap, though.

On a related note, the Jack in the Box in Pullman was turning people away last Saturday night because they "ran out of food."

What? How on earth does a fast food place run out of food? I understand being out of a certain item but...Jesus.

c. page
06-06-2008, 03:41 PM
Those things are fucking nasty. Some of their burgers are mighty delicious but the tacos I've had from my local Jack in the box were almost inedible. They are dirt cheap, though.

On a related note, the Jack in the Box in Pullman was turning people away last Saturday night because they "ran out of food."

What? How on earth does a fast food place run out of food? I understand being out of a certain item but...Jesus.

i think that would pretty well explain it.

a jack in the box in a college town known for drinking? i could see them running out of food.

adam_warlock_2099
06-06-2008, 03:42 PM
i think that would pretty well explain it.

a jack in the box in a college town known for drinking? i could see them running out of food.

:lol: That just helps reinforce my friend's sentiment that JITB and Denny's are pothead's resturants.

Bill Nolan
06-06-2008, 03:46 PM
I haven't even seen a Jack in the Box in probably 30 years... :(

Pat Shatner
06-06-2008, 03:47 PM
:lol: That just helps reinforce my friend's sentiment that JITB and Denny's are pothead's resturants.

I know for a fact that at least half of the kids who work at our JITB are total stoners. Chris is probably right, but I just wonder why there isn't some sort of responsible adult type person overseeing these hungover, stoned, or coked out college kids running a franchise fast food place. Maybe he just shows up when corporate makes an inspection or something.

adam_warlock_2099
06-06-2008, 03:58 PM
I know for a fact that at least half of the kids who work at our JITB are total stoners. Chris is probably right, but I just wonder why there isn't some sort of responsible adult type person overseeing these hungover, stoned, or coked out college kids running a franchise fast food place. Maybe he just shows up when corporate makes an inspection or something.

:lol: Probably.

And I like Denny's food. I ate there religiously when I was single after I got off work late at night/early morning.

Joe Kalicki
06-06-2008, 04:07 PM
When I lived in Baton Rouge a Jack-in-the-Box was the nearest food place to my house, right on the corner. And anyone who's been to baton Rouge knows it's impossible to get anywhere there because the streets aren't straight and they change names at random every couple of miles.

So I ate there a lot. They put mayonnaise on their cheeseburgers! It's the first time I had that and it was delicious.

niceguyeddie
06-06-2008, 04:08 PM

taco smell was the place for my friends and i... followed by the traditional chocolate chip cookies and milk.
don't know how that started but for some reason everytime we went clubbing we'd get home and we'd have some cookies and milk.

niceguyeddie
06-06-2008, 04:09 PM

i've ate ate at a jack in the box a total of maybe 3 times.

Albert
06-06-2008, 04:11 PM

I see them almost every day!

Joe Kalicki
06-06-2008, 04:13 PM
I don't have any JitBs near me and it makes me sad.

Bill Nolan
06-06-2008, 04:25 PM
I see them almost every day!

The local Jack in the Box really did close at some point in the 1970s, I believe. But the building is still there, as a used car dealership, still that same distinctive shape. That hasn't changed. I miss the A&W drive-in, too, that was right up the road in the same decade. The one that opened a few years ago as part of the KFC (as kids today call it) ain't the same at all.

Albert
06-06-2008, 04:32 PM
I don't have any JitBs near me and it makes me sad.

When you come over to play with my Super Hero Squad Toys I'll take you through the Drive-Thru.

Shannon Chenoweth
06-06-2008, 06:22 PM
You're eating veggies? Aren't you the chick who asked for the chicken stir-fry with no veggies? :o

Yup, I'm turning over a new leaf so to speak.

Shane W
06-06-2008, 06:24 PM

And that plan includes starting an addiction to $.50 greasy tacos?

Shannon Chenoweth
06-06-2008, 06:27 PM
And that plan includes starting an addiction to $.50 greasy tacos?

Nope, thus the need to get over them asap. :p

HOOKS
06-06-2008, 06:41 PM
Working till 1-3 am, varying times, it was either Taco Bell or Jack In The Box, and well an Ultimate Cheeseburger,, tacos, or chicken pieces is much better than Taco Bell.

The Ultimate Bacon Cheeseburger should just be called the No Bullshit Burger.

Two giant greasy meat patties, two different cheeses smothered throughout, and bacon strips. Not a single thing that has positive nutritional value, and 1,200 calories of pure love. Add a large curly fries, two tacos, and a large soda, and you'll wake up in the morning with your booty on fire instead of a hangover.

c. page
06-06-2008, 08:13 PM
The local Jack in the Box really did close at some point in the 1970s, I believe. But the building is still there, as a used car dealership, still that same distinctive shape. That hasn't changed. I miss the A&W drive-in, too, that was right up the road in the same decade. The one that opened a few years ago as part of the KFC (as kids today call it) ain't the same at all.

i love A&W. especially when they have the root beer on tap.

The Ultimate Bacon Cheeseburger should just be called the No Bullshit Burger.

Two giant greasy meat patties, two different cheeses smothered throughout, and bacon strips. Not a single thing that has positive nutritional value, and 1,200 calories of pure love. Add a large curly fries, two tacos, and a large soda, and you'll wake up in the morning with your booty on fire instead of a hangover.

that's what we refer to as a "hangover cure".

Pat Shatner
06-06-2008, 08:44 PM
i love A&W. especially when they have the root beer on tap.

that's what we refer to as a "hangover cure".

http://www.buymarijuanaforsale.com/marijuanagrinder.jpg

c. page
06-06-2008, 08:47 PM
http://www.buymarijuanaforsale.com/marijuanagrinder.jpg

that too.

Pat Shatner
06-06-2008, 08:50 PM
that too.

Then again, it may lead to a trip to Jack in the Box or Denny's. It's a vicious cycle.