PDA

View Full Version : How about a multiple man triple pack

Dutchman
05-22-2008, 06:29 AM
Jamie madrox in a triple pack worked out for the AIM agents. Three differents facial expressions and 3 poses?

CaptainHardwood
05-22-2008, 09:16 AM
Right idea for the character, but . . . I question whether there will be enough market demand for this character when one sees the price tag for a triple pack (would/should be in the $110-120 range for three busts)

Achiever
05-22-2008, 09:19 AM
Right idea for the character, but . . . I question whether there will be enough market demand for this character when one sees the price tag for a triple pack (would/should be in the $110-120 range for three busts)

A perfect solution to that would be to do three different busts and sell them separately. One mass market. One website exclusive. One CC Exclusive. 500-750 qty on each. They would sell no prob. Then people could buy ONE or THREE. Their choice.

dEnny!
05-22-2008, 09:21 AM

I would think that since it would be the same character just in relatively different poses he could keep the price in the $90-100 range.

I'd be willing to pay $120+ if they had his various costumes.

http://www.marvel.com/comics/onsale/covers/1105/xfactor1.jpghttp://www.uncannyxmen.net/images/spotlight/multiple00.jpg

CaptainHardwood
05-22-2008, 09:23 AM
Or . . . considering that I can't see ANYONE buying just two (two just falls shy of being "multiple enough") . . . single bust for mass market . . . two pack "expansion set" as an exclusive (I agree with the 500-750 limit, as there WILL be enough die-hard collectors willing to shell out $80 for a two pack).

agent of weapon x
05-22-2008, 09:25 AM
Jamie madrox in a triple pack worked out for the AIM agents. Three differents facial expressions and 3 poses?

Hell yeah! I've been asking for this for at least four to five years now. Back when BD website had it's own forum.

dEnny!
05-22-2008, 09:26 AM
Or . . . considering that I can't see ANYONE buying just two (two just falls shy of being "multiple enough") . . . single bust for mass market . . . two pack "expansion set" as an exclusive (I agree with the 500-750 limit, as there WILL be enough die-hard collectors willing to shell out $80 for a two pack).

Considering some of the old school characters being requested I can't imagine that an X-Man even of Multiple Man's caliber would have a hard time of selling to the collectors. I mean we have people requesting guys like Unicorn and busts of Mangog. And while I really dig the Dragon Man bust at the end of the day...WHO? I'd rather have multiple Multiple Man then some of the guys I see requested, but that's all personal opinion.

dEnny!
05-22-2008, 09:29 AM

I'm also not all about all these requests for "exclusive" and super limited pieces. Bowen does a great job of figuring out accurate production runs. I think a Multiple Man triple pack would set it's own production limit, probably in the 750-1,000 range, but if 1,200 or more were ordered why not produce them?

ant-man
05-22-2008, 11:02 AM
only if its classic style...YES!!!!

CaptainHardwood
05-22-2008, 11:42 AM
I'm also not all about all these requests for "exclusive" and super limited pieces. Bowen does a great job of figuring out accurate production runs. I think a Multiple Man triple pack would set it's own production limit, probably in the 750-1,000 range, but if 1,200 or more were ordered why not produce them?

Same here, but . . . I'd prefer to see exclusives for the "right" reasons. For me, not being "nut-so" about Multiple Man, but would like to have some representation of him in my collection, I'm not crazy about being locked in to having to spend $100+ for a tri-pack to do so. So, again, for me, I'd prefer to at least have the option to add him to the collection for ~$50, while at the same time provide collectors that are more interested in this character the ability to invest their dollars for a "more befitting" addition to their collection (i.e. a tri-pack via a two-pack "expansion" set.)

And the possibility of three busts, one of three different genres/costumes would certainly make NO sense, as that completely defeats the purpose (displaying the characters "power" of making DUPLICATES).

Armitage
05-22-2008, 12:44 PM
I wanna see MM in this
http://www.marveldirectory.com/pictures/individuals/m_1d/multipleman.gif

ca35
05-22-2008, 01:16 PM
3 pack would be pretty cool, BUT........... I would like the modern look. ( T-shirt)

dEnny!
05-22-2008, 01:26 PM
only if its classic style...YES!!!!

Only if its classic style, 90's costume, and the current Madrox/X-Factor Investigations look. YES!!!

(For some reason, I've always really liked this character.)

Dutchman
05-22-2008, 01:50 PM
Hell yeah! I've been asking for this for at least four to five years now. Back when BD website had it's own forum.

yeah i love the peter david run on the character. X-factor is great comic

agent of weapon x
05-22-2008, 07:57 PM
Only if its classic style, 90's costume, and the current Madrox/X-Factor Investigations look. YES!!!

(For some reason, I've always really liked this character.)

I totally agree.

agent of weapon x
05-22-2008, 07:57 PM
yeah i love the peter david run on the character. X-factor is great comic

Yup

Dutchman
05-23-2008, 12:35 AM
I would totally buy a triple pack with the various costumes. .

Vinker
05-23-2008, 06:08 AM
couldnt they do 1 bust with a change-o head, and offer 2 variant heads so people can buy more than 1 if they choose, and it would be most cost effective way to produce this bust, just my oppinion

dEnny!
05-23-2008, 09:47 AM
couldnt they do 1 bust with a change-o head, and offer 2 variant heads so people can buy more than 1 if they choose, and it would be most cost effective way to produce this bust, just my oppinion

No, I need the ability to display MULTIPLE Multiple Man's. :D

Caveman
05-23-2008, 02:57 PM
No, I need the ability to display MULTIPLE Multiple Man's. :D

Wouldn't buying mutilple single pack satify this wish?

Caveman
05-23-2008, 02:58 PM

I am down with this. I don't need a muti pack that's gonna cost me $100 if all I need is one Jamie on my shelf.

CaptainHardwood
05-23-2008, 03:20 PM
Wouldn't buying mutilple single pack satify this wish?

Yes, at a HIGHER cost (3 times ~$50=$150) than what a triple pack, or combined cost for a single and a two-pack "expansion" set, would cost.

I feel a mass-market release of a triple-pack, which has got to cost out at $110-120, just won't sell well enough, and buying three singles (even with a change-o-head, which will/may only drive the cost of the single up that much more) won't be cost-effective for those collector's that would want to display this character's "power" (and two just falls woefully shy of doing so!!).

Considering recent news, I guess I/we should debate the matter further if/when we get any whiff that MM makes it into the pipeline this phase; otherwise, we're all blowin' smoke for nothin'.

agent of weapon x
05-23-2008, 08:08 PM
A triple pack is perfect for this character.

Bob Aboey
05-25-2008, 07:19 AM
I like the idea of a single bust with 2 "multiples" breaking off on either side. It could be a similar size to the Ka Zar bust, with Madrox (in his 90's costume of course ;)) posed in the middle with a smirk, and the two others in alternate poses...

Just a thought.

tigershark1
05-25-2008, 11:53 AM
yes..yes...yes

IronLantern
05-26-2008, 03:26 PM
I would just say 1 bust with a variant. Classic and Modern costumes. Just IMO.

agent of weapon x
06-05-2008, 09:25 PM
A triple pack is perfect for this character.

http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk213/jisellely/Multiple_Man.jpg