PDA

View Full Version : Remember that Toy Story Ultimate Toy Box DVD set?

Jim.
05-21-2008, 08:03 AM
The one with three discs? Are all the special features on the third disc in those newer 2-disc special editions of TS 1 & 2?

ClintP
05-21-2008, 08:07 AM
Not sure, but I love my Toy Box Set!

Fourthman
05-21-2008, 08:13 AM
From amazon reviews:
Toy Story (New 2 Disc):

The 10th anniversary edition of the landmark film repackages most of the extras found in the original Ultimate Toy Box set plus a few more. Two keen retrospectives are new, one with an assortment of talents including Roy Disney and Peter Jackson chiming in on the film's impact. The other is a roundtable with Lasseter and three of the creators simply talking about the experiences without--thankfully--any cutaways to noisy film clips. There's a load of other extras since the Ultimate Toy Box was one of the first and best DVD sets. Missing (besides the second film, which will be released separately) is the effects- and music-only tracks. Added is a whopping DTS soundtrack along with a remixed Dolby 5.1 track. The DVD has a higher transfer bit rate for a better picture, but only high-end enthusiasts will notice it. Since the film is a digital-to-digital transfer, both versions are eye-popping. A must-have set unless you have the Ultimate Toy Box.

Toy Story 2 (New 2 Disc):

This being the first ever two disc release of the film, most of the special features available on the toy box and the single disc release will be here. Of course, there'll be quite a few new features as well alongwith a DTS track, a pixar dvd first(also available on the recently released 2 disc set of toy story 1 dvd)...

Disc2 of the set overflows with new and already seen features.

1. outakes

2. coolest toy featurette

3. all new game "which toy are you?"

4. "ponkikies" featuring woody, buzz and jessie

5. music medley "riders in the sky"

6. all new making of toy story2, featuring all the creative team behind the movie. Get an insight on how it was conceived and brought to life!

7. deleted scenes

8. john lasseter's profile

9. design galleries and storyboards of the sequence "woody's nightmare" and "jessie's song" with multi angle feature.

10. separate production segment featuring -
Designing Woody's Past
Making Woody's Roundup
Production Tour
Production Progression
Early Animation Tests
Special Effects
International Scene

11. publicity,character interviews,trailers, tv spots.....and more!!

It is being said that this will be a limited release. So grab this definitive edition dvd release of a classic as soon as its available. Trust me, you cant go wrong with this one!!!

glk
05-21-2008, 09:23 AM
The one with three discs? Are all the special features on the third disc in those newer 2-disc special editions of TS 1 & 2?

Yup. I have it. My son tore up the plastic slipcase that goes around the cardboard, but the discs are in tact. (He also tore up my Ultimate Matrix booklet and Indiana Jones trilogy box).

Ben
05-21-2008, 09:26 AM
The extra features in the Toy Box set (which I have) are pretty lame unless you're 10 years old.

ClintP
05-21-2008, 09:26 AM
Yup. I have it. My son tore up the plastic slipcase that goes around the cardboard, but the discs are in tact. (He also tore up my Ultimate Matrix booklet and Indiana Jones trilogy box).

What's up with that man? Did you beat his ass? :lol:

drdoomphd
05-21-2008, 10:03 AM

Sounds like my son isn't the only one that enjoyed trashing the slipcase. Fortunately, I caught him before he totally ripped it apart. It's now held together with some scotch tape.

I wasn't able to stop him before he put some chew marks on the case for Toy Story 1, though... :-x

ClintP
05-21-2008, 10:13 AM
You guys must be slackers or I was on the ball. My dvds were at hand reach when my daughter was crawling around. I ended up just turning the shelf around to face the wall. Now they are in a cardboard box and up out of reach. :lol: