PDA

View Full Version : SCI-FI is airing all three Indiana Jones movies at 4PM EST today

JoeE
05-17-2008, 06:27 AM
If you're like me and you don't have the DVDs and still haven't re-watched the movies to get ready for Crystal Skull, it's a great opportunity to see them all again.

FredC
05-17-2008, 07:02 AM
I just bought the DVDs so I don't need this.

Good news though, they still hold up!

Raiders and Crusade especially.

(akaRyanHoffman)
05-17-2008, 07:10 AM
Fullscreen, edited and with commercials.:sick:

(Just bought the SE for Raiders. Looking forward to watching it again. It'll be the first time watching it in my adult life...)

Brewtown Andy
05-17-2008, 07:15 AM
AT THE SAME TIME? Jerks.

Sy-Klone
05-17-2008, 07:35 AM
Fullscreen, edited and with commercials.:sick:

(Just bought the SE for Raiders. Looking forward to watching it again. It'll be the first time watching it in my adult life...)

Last weekend, I watched RAIDERS for the first time since I was a kid. (I recently picked up the 2003 DVD set.) It really does hold up. It's still as awesome as you remember. :D

Kensington
05-17-2008, 08:24 AM
AT THE SAME TIME? Jerks.I'll have a seizure! :mad:

Ryan_ZOOM_Turner
05-17-2008, 08:26 AM
Last weekend, I watched RAIDERS for the first time since I was a kid. (I recently picked up the 2003 DVD set.) It really does hold up. It's still as awesome as you remember. :D

I should go pick up the set.

NickT
05-17-2008, 08:30 AM
Yeah, it really does.

Marcdachamp
05-17-2008, 08:56 AM
Sounds like something I should set my DVR for.

Taxman
05-17-2008, 09:06 AM
Yes, good! Watch these! Then you'll see that

. . . if you went back and looked at them, they might not hold up the same way your memory holds up.

Doug O
05-17-2008, 12:13 PM
Has anybody shown these to their kids? I'm thinking of showing a few scenes of RAIDERS to my 5-year-old boy. He's seen a few scenes from grownup movies, Superman rescuing the helicopter, Spiderman fighting Doc Ock on the plane.

I'm thinking the truck scene, the only problem I have is with the guns ....

Taxman
05-17-2008, 04:21 PM
I'm thinking the truck scene, the only problem I have is with the guns ....Make sure you get the "fixed" version of E.T. then.

Doug O
05-17-2008, 04:28 PM
Yeah, I don't know if E.T. would be too popular around here, were you supposed to be 13 to appreciate that one?

Taxman
05-17-2008, 04:42 PM
Yeah, I don't know if E.T. would be too popular around here, were you supposed to be 13 to appreciate that one?My kids enjoyed that at a much younger age.

I was making a joke about how Spielberg went back and digitally removed all of the guns from the film. I hate that.

Doug O
05-17-2008, 05:10 PM
I agree Taxman, the Indy stuff is just a little different, I mean he gets shot in the truck sequence. That would be new for Miguel.

Didn't Spielberg replace FBI guns with keys in E.T.?

Taxman
05-17-2008, 06:18 PM
I agree Taxman, the Indy stuff is just a little different, I mean he gets shot in the truck sequence. That would be new for Miguel.

Didn't Spielberg replace FBI guns with keys in E.T.?Radios from my memory of the trailer and according to South Park.

Everyone on is different with their kids. You can watch Raiders first to decided, or watch it with him and skip the parts you don't like. There are a number of things in there I would find a bit more disturbing than the gun shots.

Kensington
05-18-2008, 11:33 AM
Fullscreen, edited and with commercials.:sick:Raiders on Sunday wasn't fullscreen, neither was Temple of Doom.

Were you just guessing?

(akaRyanHoffman)
05-18-2008, 12:42 PM
Raiders on Sunday wasn't fullscreen, neither was Temple of Doom.

Were you just guessing?

haha, yes, I was guessing. Still, two out of three ain't bad...;-)

costello
05-18-2008, 01:23 PM
Has anybody shown these to their kids? I'm thinking of showing a few scenes of RAIDERS to my 5-year-old boy. He's seen a few scenes from grownup movies, Superman rescuing the helicopter, Spiderman fighting Doc Ock on the plane.

I'm thinking the truck scene, the only problem I have is with the guns ....

I remember the first time I saw Raiders was when I was five.

My parents covered my eyes for the three scenes:

1. When the girl puts her dress on.
2. The fight near the helicopter
3. When the ark is opened and the spirits come out.

Maybe there were more, but regardless, that movie rocked my world.

costello
05-18-2008, 01:26 PM
Yeah, I don't know if E.T. would be too popular around here, were you supposed to be 13 to appreciate that one?

I loved ET as a kid, but the movie always gave me nightmares.

I had a large window in my bedroom and the reflections from the lights of the cars driving by would reflect and bounce around my room. I swore it was ETs ship coming to get me. My mom had to take the ET colorforms from my room and put them into the hall closet to keep me safe.