View Full Version : I'm Actually Looking Forward to The Tonys

alexlannin
06-05-2005, 12:40 PM
for the first time ever-in particular-
Glengarry Glen Ross
Spamalot

Shannon Chenoweth
06-05-2005, 12:41 PM
When is this on? I loved watching it last year. :)

RC

alexlannin
06-05-2005, 12:42 PM
Tonight, I'm not sure when it's on though.

Mr. E!
06-05-2005, 12:42 PM
It's on tonight. Hugh Jackman, the all-singing, all-dancing Wolverine is hosting again.

alexlannin
06-05-2005, 12:43 PM
It's on tonight. Hugh Jackman, the all-singing, all-dancing Wolverine is hosting again.
Yeah, I heard that. That side of him weirds me out a bit.

Mr. E!
06-05-2005, 12:50 PM
Yeah, I heard that. That side of him weirds me out a bit.

I saw him in PBS's Great Performances series when he was in Oklahoma, singing Surry with a Fringe on Top. I just sat there, with my jaw on the floor, thinking:"Ok, where are the claws? this is a joke, right? claws gonna pop out and he's gonna take out grandma...please tell me it's a joke..."
Nope. Not a joke.
He's actually bery good...it's just strange.

alexlannin
06-05-2005, 12:52 PM
I saw him in PBS's Great Performances series when he was in Oklahoma, singing Surry with a Fringe on Top. I just sat there, with my jaw on the floor, thinking:"Ok, where are the claws? this is a joke, right? claws gonna pop out and he's gonna take out grandma...please tell me it's a joke..."
Nope. Not a joke.
He's actually bery good...it's just strange.
I agree, he's very talented, but yeah...he's Wolverine!

Mark
06-05-2005, 12:57 PM
I've seen Glengarry Glenn Ross twice now. It's by far the best play I've ever seen. The Pillowman was pretty good, too, though I've heard that Doubt is better. Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf? was alright, but even if Glengarry Glenn Ross doesn't win that category, 12 Angry Men, which was also great, will.
Also, Liev Schreiber must win.

alexlannin
06-05-2005, 12:58 PM
I've seen Glengarry Glenn Ross twice now. It's by far the best play I've ever seen. The Pillowman was pretty good, too, though I've heard that Doubt is better. Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf? was alright, but even if Glengarry Glenn Ross doesn't win that category, 12 Angry Men, which was also great, will.
Also, Liev Schreiber must win.
NPR had a very cool interview with Schreiber the other day...it made me more jealous of you than before for having seen the show! :mad:

Mark
06-05-2005, 12:59 PM
NPR had a very cool interview with Schreiber the other day...it made me more jealous of you than before for having seen the show! :mad:
Everyone in the show was great, but if Schreiber doesn't win I'm gonna kill a bird or something.

alexlannin
06-05-2005, 01:00 PM
Everyone in the show was great, but if Schreiber doesn't win I'm gonna kill a bird or something.
:D
I've got NYC envy!