PDA

View Full Version : invincable and the gift

RODGER
03-23-2005, 06:45 PM
i read invincable 1-21, and i have 3 words....wow wow wow!!!!!!!!!

how did i miss such a great fun book? you if are not reading this masterpiece of a comic, shame on you!!!!!

on the other side of the coin.....i read the gift. it looks good......but the story....blah.....one revenge story after another......nothing but a bad crow rip off. is there a bigger story that i'm missing? i cannot recamend this book to anyone.

read invincable!!!!!!

Mike Storniolo
03-23-2005, 06:47 PM

how did i miss such a great fun book? you if are not reading this masterpiece of a comic, shame on you!!!!!

on the other side of the coin.....i read the gift. it looks good......but the story....blah.....one revenge story after another......nothing but a bad crow rip off. is there a bigger story that i'm missing? i cannot recamend this book to anyone.

read invincable!!!!!!

You're totally missing out with the thoughts on the Gift. Each story has it's purpose, it's a down to earth, real life preception of people with powers, being influenced to a degree and all setting up for a MUCH larger picture that takes shape around issues 10 & 11. Give it another shot, you should dig the hell out of it, amazing book.

And Invincible kicks ass on so many levels...

Pat Loika
03-23-2005, 06:48 PM
I like 'em both quite a bit...

P.

DrMachine
03-23-2005, 06:49 PM

read invincable!!!!!!

You're totally missing out with the thoughts on the Gift. Each story has it's purpose, it's a down to earth, real life preception of people with powers, being influenced to a degree and all setting up for a MUCH larger picture that takes shape around issues 10 & 11. Give it another shot, you should dig the hell out of it, amazing book.

I've never verbalized it but I agree with Sandman on the Gift, I was intrigued by the idea of it, kind of a Tales from the Crypt book but it just wasn't for me...

I also LOVE Invincible

-JRC

james michael
03-23-2005, 06:50 PM
you obviously havent read the gift #8... it was one of the most well thought out and heart wrenching books ive read in awhile... i really couldnt think of anything but how beautiful that book was for a good two hours after i read it...

DrMachine
03-23-2005, 06:51 PM
you obviously havent read the gift #8... it was one of the most well thought out and heart wrenching books ive read in awhile... i really couldnt think of anything but how beautiful that book was for a good two hours after i read it...

you know that's the problem with waiting for a trade...I waited for the trade on the first issues and I just didn't like it at all, I can't bring myself to spend more money on it (no offense Raven)

-JRC

RODGER
03-23-2005, 06:52 PM

i'll read issue 8.....i have the first 10.....
i'll give that one a try

Jason_BANNED
03-23-2005, 06:53 PM

I read the first 8 issues of The Gift and that's exactly why I dropped it (on top of the bad art).

Jason

RODGER
03-23-2005, 06:53 PM

read invincable!!!!!!

I've never verbalized it but I agree with Sandman on the Gift, I was intrigued by the idea of it, kind of a Tales from the Crypt book but it just wasn't for me...

I also LOVE Invincible

-JRC

thank you....

RODGER
03-23-2005, 06:54 PM

I read the first 8 issues of The Gift and that's exactly why I dropped it (on top of the bad art).

Jason

now see....i love the art!!!!!

it was the story, or lack there of....that made be drop it.

DrMachine
03-23-2005, 06:54 PM
again not to bash, but the art in the first issue was horrible...the panels barely even flowed into each other...although this DID improve in the later issues

Schroedingers Cat
03-23-2005, 07:12 PM
I didn't like it as much in the beginning but I thought it got much better as the series went on.

Jim