PDA

View Full Version : Marvel Digital Comics - Yay or Nay?

Philip J Eaves
05-05-2008, 04:24 PM
The service has been available for a couple of months now. So what are the thoughts?

Worth the money?
Is it updated frequently?

Am I better off just buying the hard-copy comics?

What's the scoop?

Maestro
05-05-2008, 04:31 PM
I hate the online reader. I don't recommend it.

Philip J Eaves
05-05-2008, 04:34 PM
Poll added.

HOOKS
05-05-2008, 04:34 PM
LOVE it.

It is updated with at least ten comics per day, but a lot of the times full runs slip under the radar unannounced. Just today I saw a full run of Tichsmann's Cable (#97-107) that I didn't see last week, and it wasn't listed under the "Newest Releases" tab.

They have entire series available. Every isssue of X-Treme X-Men, Mystique, Nightcrawler, Marvel Knights 4, and Gambit are just a few examples. And every "classic" Marvel Comic you could think of is there, as well.

I have caught up on lots of comics I never had the chance to read before, or runs I always wanted to check out but didn't get to, or favorite storylines that I wanted to re-read but weren't readily available in collection form.

For $50/year, and thousands upon thousands of comics available at your fingertips, I'd say if you're a reader of Marvel comics, you should check it out. :)

NickT
05-05-2008, 04:39 PM
Poll added.
You're probably going to get lots of votes from people who haven't really tried it.

Not voting due to my minimal usage, but I think that it is a good thing to have if it suits you.

Joe Kalicki
05-05-2008, 04:42 PM
I haven't tried it, but it is intriguing.

I'd like to give it a shot eventually, but not exclusively. I wouldn't want it to replace actual comics at any point.