PDA

View Full Version : Who's smarter - Batman or Iron Man?

Albert
05-05-2008, 10:41 AM
I say Iron Man easily, but I know there are "Batman is better at everything than everyone" people out there.

Gavin
05-05-2008, 10:42 AM
I say Iron Man easily, but I know there are "Batman is better at everything than everyone" people out there.

I guess I'm one of those people.

Ray G.
05-05-2008, 10:43 AM
Iron Man's intelligence is hyper-focused in one area.

Batman's intelligence in the area of tech is still very high, if not on that level, but he far outstrips Iron Man in a lot of other areas, like detection, strategy, etc.

So I'd go with Batman.

Jef UK
05-05-2008, 10:43 AM
Tony Stark must be way smarter. Wayne doesn't actually invent and engineer most of the shit he uses, does he?

Albert
05-05-2008, 10:44 AM
Who has boned more babes?

Jef UK
05-05-2008, 10:44 AM
Who has boned more babes?

Iron Man.

Batman just feigns at boning babes.

Special Agent Bachman
05-05-2008, 10:45 AM
Stark shapes the future years ahead of time, all the time. Wayne only really tried to have one Illuminati moment during Tower of Babel that I can recall.

DAVE
Who makes a better grilled cheese sandwich?

TheKraken
I think Batman's thing is being incredibly observant rather than incredibly smart. He can beat anybody because he picks up things no one else does and uses it against them. Tony built a flying suit of armor. "OUT OF SCRAPS!" even. :D I gotta give it to him.

Mike_Johnson
Iron Man's a technical genius (and beats out Bruce...) but Bats is more battle savvy and a tactical genius.

Albert
Iron Man.

Batman just feigns at boning babes.

Another reason Iron Man is better.

Who would you rather adopt you?

Jonny Z

Iron Man probably has a grill somewhere in his armor... so he wins.

Mike_Johnson

The Thing.

Albert

Post-Extremis, is the grill located inside the hollow of his bones?

Lab-Rat
I would say this....Iron Man is smarter when it comes to Technology and science and stuff of that nature. Batman has more street smarts, though.

Ben
05-05-2008, 10:46 AM
Who makes a better grilled cheese sandwich?Jarvis or Alfred?

DAVE

So you're saying that Batman's utility belt doesn't?

Ray G.
Tony Stark must be way smarter. Wayne doesn't actually invent and engineer most of the shit he uses, does he?

Yes he does. He creates the designs and blueprints and farms them out to Waynetech for the actual assembly.

I really disliked that the last movie played that down.

PeterSparker
05-05-2008, 10:47 AM
Which makes Batman smarter. He's got nerds somewhere inventing whatever he needs, and they don't even know it.

Taxman
Iron Man.

Batman just feigns at boning babes.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v410/glima/Net%20Photos/godfather04.jpg

Wayne doesn't actually invent and engineer most of the shit he uses, does he?I think it is tough to say. All my exposure to Bruce Wayne has always left me thinking there was still a great deal of mystery surrounding him. I would have to say that he certainly outclasses Stark in the field on money laundering. He is the worlds greatest money launderer.

Albert
I would say this....Iron Man is smarter when it comes to Technology and science and stuff of that nature. Batman has more street smarts, though.

Growing up, Tony had all the "book smarts," while Bruce had the "street smarts." But together they'll have to work together if they want to make it out of high school alive!

Tyeron
05-05-2008, 10:48 AM
nope iron man is smarter, he can hold his own around bruce banner, reed richards and Xavier.. i think batman thinks he's the smartest guy he knows.. and it seems like he shows up as the deus ex machina for alot of stories.. where tony is working proactively to solve problems.. it seems like batman just has backup plans..(tony's want to assert himself could lend to him being a sort of "villain" )but i think it shows tony's forethought as a definite edge

but i think tony could take bruce in all categories

Special Agent Bachman
05-05-2008, 10:48 AM
Growing up, Tony had all the "book smarts," while Bruce had the "street smarts." But together they'll have to work together if they want to make it out of high school alive!

On a roll much?

Ashwin Pande
05-05-2008, 10:49 AM
you know Batman has built robot suits of armor too right?

AND tanks!

Taxman
05-05-2008, 10:49 AM
I would say this....Iron Man is smarter when it comes to Technology and science and stuff of that nature. Batman has more street smarts, though.Doesn't matter so much since Iron Man doesn't operate on the streets.

PeterSparker
05-05-2008, 10:50 AM
Batman doesn't shoot napalm out of his wrists though. He needs to work on that.

DAVE
05-05-2008, 10:51 AM
Batman's grade school teachers told his parents (through seance) that he's smarter than Iron man, he just doesn't apply himself.

Brother Power the Gong
05-05-2008, 10:52 AM
Batman in a landslide.

He's been making techy gadgets, vehicles and armors since the 1930s, reverse engineers future and alien technology for breakfast and would've been anti-SHRA had he been involved.

SteveZegers
05-05-2008, 10:53 AM
Iron Man is more Tech smart, but Batman has the edge in all the other detective/crime solving stuff. He's like a one man CSI.

Drkemerld73
Yes he does. He creates the designs and blueprints and farms them out to Waynetech for the actual assembly.

I really disliked that the last movie played that down.

He just got back from his time abroad and wanted to jump right in busting people. Give the man a little bit of time to get everything up to speed.

He already started tinkering with designs and blueprints as he was making his modifications to everything. That's got to count, right?

RegularJoe
I think Batman's thing is being incredibly observant rather than incredibly smart. He can beat anybody because he picks up things no one else does and uses it against them. Tony built a flying suit of armor. "OUT OF SCRAPS!" even. :D I gotta give it to him.

in a way...batman is kind of a gothed up monk in a pervert suit.

ClintP
05-05-2008, 10:54 AM
Iron Man has more book smarts and can build better shit on his own.

Batman isn't as big an idiot and needs to pay scientists to to keep Wayne Tech going. But if the shit hits the fan, I would rather have the skilled and street smart Batman on my side. Fuck that Iron Douche!

Albert
05-05-2008, 10:54 AM
Who would you rather hang out with?

Jef UK
05-05-2008, 10:55 AM

Don't be rediculous. Batman's would be bat-shaped, so that's awesome. Besides, grilled cheeses are all about preparation.

Taxman
05-05-2008, 10:55 AM
Batman in a landslide. I think you may have read the poll backwards.

Jef UK
05-05-2008, 10:56 AM
Another reason Iron Man is better.

Who would you rather adopt you?

Tony. Because Batman is a child molester. Alchololic > child molester.

DAVE
05-05-2008, 10:57 AM
What is this street smart thing Batman seems to have down? He has like zero friends, and seems like the kind of guy that is completely out of touch with any youth that isn't wearing little green hotpants.
Iron man parties, has friends and is on the cutting edge of everything. He seems much more streetsmart than Batman. If anything Batman is more booksmart as all he knows is from studying. Tony Stark is a natural genius.

ClintP
05-05-2008, 10:57 AM

Iron Man. Drunks tend to be loose with the cash. Batman would just be faking drunk and would never drop a dime unless you were giving up some bad guy.

ClintP
05-05-2008, 10:58 AM
What is this street smart thing Batman seems to have down? He has like zero friends, and seems like the kind of guy that is completely out of touch with any youth that isn't wearing little green hotpants.
Iron man parties, has friends and is on the cutting edge of everything. He seems much more streetsmart than Batman. If anything Batman is more booksmart as all he knows is from studying. Tony Stark is a natural genius.

Bruce can going into the streets disguised as some hood. Tony can drink. FAIL!

Damian696
05-05-2008, 10:59 AM

Wayne has other people do all the boring stuff for him, so he's smarter :D

hard to compare the both, though. Batman's main focus is crimefighting, and he uses and alters existing stuff to his needs. Stark is a inventor first, and lots of his superhero stuff comes from that area, like other corporations or people who try to steal his inventions (or it used to be way back when I was reading Iron Man).

Brother Power the Gong
05-05-2008, 11:00 AM
I think you may have read the poll backwards.
I don't follow these elitist polls. No skrull would ever get the drop on Bats. Suck on that, Stark.

Jason California
Batman. He is the more rounded inteligence. I don't think for a second he would beat Superman, but he would formulate a way to beat Iron Man.

Tony does excell at getting the poon tang though.

Taxman
What is this street smart thing Batman seems to have down? He has like zero friends, and seems like the kind of guy that is completely out of touch with any youth that isn't wearing little green hotpants. Somehow Christian Bale managed to make Michael Keaton look like a great party host.

Patton
05-05-2008, 11:01 AM
Who has boned more babies?

What the fuck?

Whip
Iron Man. Drunks tend to be loose with the cash. Batman would just be faking drunk and would never drop a dime unless you were giving up some bad guy.

Not to mention, if you're hungry, Batman'll tell you to eat rats and he'll also smack you around.

Iron Man'll just park himself on a recliner with a bottle of Jack in one hand and the TV remote in the other. If you're hungry, he'll give you his wallet.

Iron Man FTW!

DAVE
Batman. He is the more rounded inteligence. I don't think for a second he would beat Superman, but he would formulate a way to beat Iron Man.

Tony does excell at getting the poon tang though.

How is "who would beat who in a fight" a gauge of who is more intelligent?

ClintP
I don't follow these elitist polls. No skrull would ever get the drop on Bats. Suck on that, Stark.
Amen brother. And he sure as hell wouldn't let Kent get capped off like a bitch.

Dreaded Anomaly
Bruce Wayne ain't no futurist! :)

ClintP
05-05-2008, 11:02 AM
Somehow Christian Bale managed to make Michael Keaton look like a great party host.

:rofl: Very true.

Albert
05-05-2008, 11:04 AM
Tony. Because Batman is a child molester. Alchololic > child molester.

You've been trying to convince me otherwise for years, though.

Albert
05-05-2008, 11:05 AM
What the fuck?

I was worried I had actually typed that for a second.

PeterSparker
05-05-2008, 11:05 AM
This is reminding me of the big DC Summer Event I was pimping once in a TIP thread. :) I wanted to know if Mr Terrific was always known as the "Third Smartest Man in the World", then who were the two that were smarter than him? (and also, why didn't he get sick of being third, hit the books a little harder and move up already) The assumption was that Batman and Lex Luthor must be even smarter. So it's been established pretty much that Batman is considered the smartest man in the DCU. Is Tony Stark even the smartest guy in the MU? (and can I believe I even just asked such a question?)

Oh, and much hilarity ensued planning our Summer Event! We felt there should be an SAT test in the whole DCU to settle this once and for all. It was going to be called "Pencil's Down!" if I remember correctly.

Jason California
05-05-2008, 11:06 AM
How is "who would beat who in a fight" a gauge of who is more intelligent?

A lot of people say that Bats could beat Superman 'cause he is like, so smart right?

Well I think that line would work for Iron man. The normal man with no powers would outsmart the the man in the shining armor in a battle.

and like I said, he is the more rounded inteligence. Street smart, detective, all around smart guy. he spent 20 years honing his brain and body. Iron man is a tech guy that likes to envision the future and mold the world in that direction. Bruce could do that on top of all the other stuff.

JBElliott
05-05-2008, 11:06 AM
Given the trends of the Nolan/Bale Batman movies, it seems that Batman should end up like Iron Man, e.g. a guy in a suit of armor, if he was smart enough. So if movie Batman ends up with a suit of armor like movie Iron Man's then he'd be at least as smart. Other wise movie Iron Man is smarter.

On the other hand comic Batman is smarter overall since comic Batman does pretty much everything comic Iron Man does without a suit of armor.

Jef UK
05-05-2008, 11:07 AM
You've been trying to convince me otherwise for years, though.

Being both is totally cool.

Drkemerld73
Somehow Christian Bale managed to make Michael Keaton look like a great party host.

At least Bale, in an effort to save lives, was completely honest about the reason why most of them were there. :D

He doesn't need them. They need him!

Brother Power the Gong
Is Tony Stark even the smartest guy in the MU? (and can I believe I just asked such a question?)
Be proud. Reed Richards sets the standards for smarty pants in the MU.

Jef UK
05-05-2008, 11:08 AM
Who has a greater emotional intelligence?

Albert
Reed Richards is the smartest comic book character ever, like how Flash is the fastest.

Patton
On the other hand comic Batman is smarter overall since comic Batman does pretty much everything comic Iron Man does without a suit of armor.

No way. Batman protects a city no one's ever heard of, often wasting his time on petty muggers. Iron Man flies all over the world blowing up tanks and shit.

Taxman
This is reminding me of the big DC Summer Event I was pimping once in a TIP thread. :) I wanted to know if Mr Terrific was always known as the "Third Smartest Man in the World", then who were the two that were smarter than him? (and also, why didn't he get sick of being third, hit the books a little harder and move up already) The assumption was that Batman and Lex Luthor must be even smarter. So it's been established pretty much that Batman is considered the smartest man in the DCU. Is Tony Stark even the smartest guy in the MU? (and can I believe I just asked such a question?)I think that Doom, Richards and Stark have been thrown around as the three smartest guys in the world from time to time.

The thing about Batman though, isn't he too much of an enigma to be considered "The Smartest Man in the World"?

ClintP
Who has a greater emotional intelligence?

Those two things are mutually exclusive. FAIL!

Brother Power the Gong
05-05-2008, 11:09 AM
Amen brother. And he sure as hell wouldn't let Kent get capped off like a bitch.
And if someone got to Supes, they would have paid for it already. What's Stark done? Cry. He cries like a stoopd bitch.

Dreaded Anomaly
05-05-2008, 11:09 AM
This is reminding me of the big DC Summer Event I was pimping once in a TIP thread. :) I wanted to know if Mr Terrific was always known as the "Third Smartest Man in the World", then who were the two that were smarter than him? (and also, why didn't he get sick of being third, hit the books a little harder and move up already) The assumption was that Batman and Lex Luthor must be even smarter. So it's been established pretty much that Batman is considered the smartest man in the DCU. Is Tony Stark even the smartest guy in the MU? (and can I believe I even just asked such a question?)

Oh, and much hilarity ensued planning our Summer Event! We felt there should be an SAT test in the whole DCU to settle this once and for all. It was going to be called "Pencil's Down!" if I remember correctly.

There are more Marvel characters known for their intelligence than DC characters. Doom, Reed Richards, Henry Pym, Hank McCoy, Bruce Banner, etc. Stark is definitely up at the top with all of them, though.

Also, typing that list just induced a flashback to the "Knights of the Atomic Round Table" group from Heroes Reborn.

Jef UK
05-05-2008, 11:10 AM
Those two things are mutually exclusive. FAIL!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emotional_intelligence

ClintP
05-05-2008, 11:11 AM
And if someone got to Supes, they would have paid for it already. What's Stark done? Cry. He cries like a stoopd bitch.

Oh yeah. Batman would have made those fucks pay. Iron Man just sits around and got Cap's old mentally messed up sidekick to do it for him. Some best friend you are Tony!

ClintP
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emotional_intelligence

Ok, since you linked a Wiki I totally believe you and Dr. Phil. :blah:

:lol:

Patton
Reed Richards is the smartest comic book character ever, like how Flash is the fastest.

Bologna! Tony is smarter than Reed on the sheer fact that he never got married, takes time out from science to bone women, and sees what's coming before anyone else.

Jef UK
05-05-2008, 11:12 AM
There are more Marvel characters known for their intelligence than DC characters. Doom, Reed Richards, Henry Pym, Hank McCoy, Bruce Banner, etc. Stark is definitely up at the top with all of them, though.

Also, typing that list just induced a flashback to the "Knights of the Atomic Round Table" group from Heroes Reborn.

Who's the seventh smartest?

Jason California
05-05-2008, 11:12 AM

Jef UK
05-05-2008, 11:13 AM
Ok, since you linked a Wiki I totally believe you and Dr. Phil. :blah:

Whose moustache is more luscious - Tony Stark's or Dr. Phil's?

Patton
05-05-2008, 11:13 AM

Uatu.

JBElliott
05-05-2008, 11:14 AM
No way. Batman protects a city no one's ever heard of, often wasting his time on petty muggers. Iron Man flies all over the world blowing up tanks and shit.

Way. Batman is in the JLA and leads it in many ways. Batman also leads the Outsiders. Batman has also played a large role in every "Crisis" in the DCU. So he's doing pretty much the same thing as Iron Man is.

From "Day of Judgment":

Batman: Only the Spear of Destiny can stop him.
Superman (or someone equally powerful): That's out of my reach.
Batman: Not mine. (orders Captain Marvel to get the Spear.)

ClintP
Bologna! Tony is smarter than Reed on the sheer fact that he never got married, takes time out from science to bone women, and sees what's coming before anyone else.

Hmm... So getting laid centers him huh?

Reed does lose focus from not doing the deed enough. He almost lost his babe of a wife from not getting out of the lab very often.

ClintP
Whose moustache is more luscious - Tony Stark's or Dr. Phil's?

Just because we are talking about smart people, doesn't mean I am going to know your "school" words.

Brother Power the Gong
05-05-2008, 11:15 AM
Oh yeah. Batman would have made those fucks pay. Iron Man just sits around and got Cap's old mentally messed up sidekick to do it for him. Some best friend you are Tony!

Seriously, Bats wouldn't send out Jimmy Olsen in a half-assed homage costume to find the killers. This debate is a friggin' sham.

GelfXIII
05-05-2008, 11:16 AM

Tony Stark has a stripper pole on his plane. Bruce Wayne has a teenage kid.

'nuff said.

Albert

http://www.collectiveworks.net/images/foolkiller_.jpg

Brother Power the Gong

'nuff said.

Bwa-Ha-Ha-Ha!

Albert
05-05-2008, 11:17 AM

'nuff said.

So Batman, then?

PeterSparker
05-05-2008, 11:18 AM
I agree the MU people are smarter by and large, but none of those big brains could deal with Bats ultra paranoia. Which is the source of all his smarts anyway. C'mon, the guy is the biggest buzz kill ever, he takes all the fun out everything. Can you imagine him in a Fantastic Four meeting or at Avengers Mansion? They wouldn't know how to deal with him and he'd be on top of that whole crowd before they knew it. In their heads and in their backgrounds ... Batman always wins ...

Jason California
05-05-2008, 11:19 AM
Seriously, Bats wouldn't send out Jimmy Olsen in a half-assed homage costume to find the killers. This debate is a friggin' sham.

I was laughing in the humor of the truth :D

Gavin
05-05-2008, 11:20 AM
This is a whole lot more lopsided than I thought it would be.

Brother Power the Gong
05-05-2008, 11:20 AM
I was laughing in the humor of the truth :DWhat truth is that, Utah? Huh?! HUH?!

Albert
05-05-2008, 11:21 AM
This is a whole lot more lopsided than I thought it would be.

Batman would have seen it coming.

Gavin
05-05-2008, 11:22 AM
Batman would have seen it coming.

Jason California
05-05-2008, 11:24 AM
What truth is that, Utah? Huh?! HUH?!

Tony Stark cries like a stoopd bitch. Bruce WOULD have gotten Clark's killer by now. Fuck it has been a year.

Dreaded Anomaly
05-05-2008, 11:25 AM
Tony Stark cries like a stoopd bitch. Bruce WOULD have gotten Clark's killer by now. Fuck it has been a year.

Not in Marvel Time!

PeterSparker
05-05-2008, 11:26 AM

ditto

Brother Power the Gong
05-05-2008, 11:26 AM
Exactly. Cap's killer is only taking over the country. Clark's killer would at this point be masterminding his first breakout.

Patton
05-05-2008, 11:29 AM
How much lead time is there before the IQ test?

Patton
05-05-2008, 11:31 AM
Way. Batman is in the JLA and leads it in many ways. Batman also leads the Outsiders. Batman has also played a large role in every "Crisis" in the DCU. So he's doing pretty much the same thing as Iron Man is.

From "Day of Judgment":

Batman: Only the Spear of Destiny can stop him.
Superman (or someone equally powerful): That's out of my reach.
Batman: Not mine. (orders Captain Marvel to get the Spear.)

Iron Man leads Avengers, Initiative, SHIELD, and fucking Force Works!

Oh so he sent somebody to do it. Whoopidy do! Iron Man can send people too. He sent Spider-Man to get him a sandwhich once.

Jef UK
05-05-2008, 11:31 AM
Post-Extremis, Tony Stark pretty much is the internet. Does that make him smarter or more stupid?

Albert
05-05-2008, 11:33 AM
Iron Man leads Avengers, Initiative, SHIELD, and fucking Force Works!

Oh so he sent somebody to do it. Whoopidy do! Iron Man can send people too. He sent Spider-Man to get him a sandwhich once.

What's Century doing now? I'd like to see a Century/Sentry team-up and/or fight.

Drkemerld73
05-05-2008, 11:40 AM
Tony got turned into an angsty teenager.

Bruce did not.

:D

PeterSparker
05-05-2008, 11:42 AM
Post-Extremis, Tony Stark pretty much is the internet. Does that make him smarter or more stupid?

Haven't spent much time on the internet lately have you?

Adrian B AWESOME
05-05-2008, 11:43 AM

Batman's intelligence in the area of tech is still very high, if not on that level, but he far outstrips Iron Man in a lot of other areas, like detection, strategy, etc.

So I'd go with Batman.

Batman strategy: Sneak in, take out guard 1, use guard 2 and 3 against each other, grapple up in enough time guard 4 doesn't notice use guard 5 as shield and then get the jump on the Penguin.

Iron Man: Blow up the building.

Jef UK
05-05-2008, 11:43 AM
Haven't spent much time on the internet lately have you?

Maybe too much dur dur dur. :eek:

Albert
05-05-2008, 11:44 AM
Do you think Batman thinks the best weapon is you never have to fire, or the one you only have to fire once?

Adrian B AWESOME
05-05-2008, 11:46 AM
Do you think Batman thinks the best weapon is you never have to fire, or the one you only have to fire once?

Don't worry, the Bat Cannon does both.

thatguyfromsyracuse
05-05-2008, 11:48 AM
Iron Man.

Doug
05-05-2008, 12:21 PM
Tony got turned into an angsty teenager.

Bruce did not.

Bruce did get his back broken by a roid junkie though and gave up his mantel to a psycho with claws for hands.

The Mandarin
05-05-2008, 12:32 PM
They both tend to float around in the "at smart as the plot needs them to be" range, but Stark averages smarter simply because the plot needs him to be on a more routine basis.

Albert
05-05-2008, 12:33 PM
They both tend to float around in the "at smart as the plot needs them to be" range, but Stark averages smarter simply because the plot needs him to be on a more routine basis.

Spoken like a true archenemy.

Drkemerld73
05-05-2008, 12:35 PM
Bruce did get his back broken by a roid junkie though and gave up his mantel to a psycho with claws for hands.

This is true.

Not Bruce's finest decision making moment. :D

Doug
05-05-2008, 12:36 PM
Wayne figured out that Earth was being invaded by White Martians and took them out singlehandedly in the first arc of JLA.

Stark is still trying to figure out what to do about the Skrulls.

Thudpucker
05-05-2008, 12:37 PM
Could Iron Man invent a ridiculous looking claw thing capable of punching Darksied?

Nope. Bataman wins.

Albert
05-05-2008, 12:41 PM
Iron Man is prepared to fight samurais.

http://www.bigislandtoys.com/images/13808.jpg

Fuck! So is Batman!

http://i1.iofferphoto.com/img/1112169600/_i/6292163/1.jpg

Maestro
I think Batman would handle the Skrull invasion better than Stark has. He would be like Nick Fury and take all sorts of preemptive measures.

Nelson
If tech can solve the problem, I'll take Tony.
If it's good ol' fisticuffs, I'll take the Bat.

Jef UK
05-05-2008, 12:42 PM
Bataman wins.

I'm calling him "Bataman" from here on out.

I'ma Bataman, I'ma gonna ween!

Albert
05-05-2008, 12:43 PM

I'm calling him "Bataman" from here on out.

I'ma Bataman, I'ma gonna ween!

The Pope-a! He is-a so nice-a!

Foolish Mortal
05-05-2008, 12:44 PM
Agreed. Stark is a far superior scientist and engineer, (He did build a freakin' Time Machine once!) but Wayne is more versed in psychology and street smarts.

This is why Black Panther has schooled Stark a few times because like Batman, Black Panther can fuck with your head.

Albert
05-05-2008, 12:45 PM
I don't think Iron Man is nearly as well prepared to deal with THE RAVAGES OF THE ARCTIC.

http://www.timemachinetoys.com/toypics/batmanarctic.JPG

Jerome Gibbons
05-05-2008, 12:47 PM
Iron Man.

Slamevil
05-05-2008, 12:47 PM
Iron Man's smarter. But Batman would win in a fight.

ClintP
05-05-2008, 12:49 PM
Iron Man is prepared to fight samurais.

http://www.bigislandtoys.com/images/13808.jpg

Fuck! So is Batman!

http://i1.iofferphoto.com/img/1112169600/_i/6292163/1.jpg

In this category, Batman gets the win for not looking like he rides the short bus. Plus, Iron Man only needs his repulsor to win against ninjas, but he felt compelled to alter his armor. What a dipshit!

Jef UK
05-05-2008, 12:49 PM
I don't think Iron Man is nearly as well prepared to deal with THE RAVAGES OF THE ARCTIC.

I think his one suit covers most bases.

Maestro
05-05-2008, 12:50 PM
This thread reminds me of a recent youtube video about the differences between the characters. Some of you have probably seen it but if you haven't, it's a must see.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlLeCu63HCA

ClintP
05-05-2008, 12:51 PM
I think his one suit covers most bases.

Jef is right on this one. If it can handle high altitude temperatures, I think he would be fine walking around in the artic.

Patton
05-05-2008, 12:54 PM
I think Albert should be the funniest.

Doug
05-05-2008, 12:55 PM
Who has the better bulter?

I think Alfred kicks Jarvis'es ass.

Patrick J
05-05-2008, 12:55 PM
Tony Stark/Iron Man is smarter than Bruce Wayne/Batman.

But Batman is more devious, and would win in a fight 'tween the two.

Batman would cheat.

Dreaded Anomaly
05-05-2008, 12:56 PM
Iron Man has an arsenal of dozens of his different armors that he can use to attack.

Batman has sidekicks who go by the name "Robin."

Advantage: Iron Man

:)

ClintP
05-05-2008, 12:56 PM
Who has the better bulter?

I think Alfred kicks Jarvis'es ass.

For sure. Alfred is very important to helping Batman when he needs stuff done. Jarvis just got replaced by a computer recently. Shows how important was.

Brother Power the Gong
05-05-2008, 12:59 PM
Iron Man has an arsenal of dozens of his different armors that he can use to attack.

Batman has sidekicks who go by the name "Robin."

Advantage: Iron Man

:)
Stark is his own sidekick, and that's lamer than just having a sidekick.
But on that note:
Dick Grayson > Teenage Tony Stark
Carrie Kelly > Teenage Tony Stark
Tim Drake > Teenage Tony Stark
Teenage Tony Stark > Jason Todd

Note the avatar: You think that R stands for Teenage Tony Stark?

ClintP
05-05-2008, 01:02 PM
But on that note:

To be fair, the teen tony stark in Ultimate Iron Man is pretty cool.

Albert
05-05-2008, 01:03 PM
Jef is right on this one. If it can handle high altitude temperatures, I think he would be fine walking around in the artic.

So we have you to thank when billionaire inventor Tony Stark dies of hypothermia?

Dreaded Anomaly
05-05-2008, 01:04 PM
But on that note:

Jim Rhodes begs to differ. :)

thatguyfromsyracuse
05-05-2008, 01:07 PM
Didn't Tony Stark help create the SHIELD Helicarrier? What did Batman help build? Brother Eye? Good job on that one!!

Brother Power the Gong
05-05-2008, 01:10 PM
Jim Rhodes begs to differ. :)
Dude, you are so owned. Just look at that sig. You're just in the tank.

Waitaminute.

ClintP
05-05-2008, 01:12 PM
Didn't Tony Stark help create the SHIELD Helicarrier? What did Batman help build? Brother Eye? Good job on that one!!

:rofl: Nice one.

Brother Power the Gong
05-05-2008, 01:15 PM
Last I checked, the SHIELD Hindenburgs are falling out of the sky on regular basis.

thatguyfromsyracuse
05-05-2008, 01:16 PM
Last I checked, the SHIELD Hindenburgs are falling out of the sky on regular basis.

Normally because they are being attacked though.

GelfXIII
05-05-2008, 01:19 PM
This thread reminds me of a recent youtube video about the differences between the characters. Some of you have probably seen it but if you haven't, it's a must see.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlLeCu63HCA

Thanks, I hadn't seen that yet. ROFL.

Jason California
05-05-2008, 01:30 PM
Tony Stark/Iron Man is smarter than Bruce Wayne/Batman.

But Batman is more devious, and would win in a fight 'tween the two.

Batman would cheat.

Tony Stark would cheat as well. Did you not read a little thing called "Civil War"?

silverboy
05-05-2008, 01:32 PM
Strategy, crime-solving and fighting -- Bats.

Tech, engineering and finance -- Tony.

Generic Poster
05-05-2008, 02:06 PM
I think they're different kinds of smart. Batman is a better detective, better startegist, better at psychology, etc.

Stark is better at tech and engineering, and probably a better business guy than Wayne.

Dreaded Anomaly
05-05-2008, 02:12 PM
Batman never made a cybernetic clone of Superman.

NickT
05-05-2008, 02:25 PM
Iron Man goes out in a suit of armour.

Batman goes out with his underwear on the outside.

Tyeron
05-05-2008, 02:31 PM
Tony guides SHIELD and still runs his own company and contributes to it, while Bruce just siphons money and tech off his.

iron man's oldest arch nemisis, the mandarin, commands the elements, alien technology and is undying while batman's oldest rival, rha's al ghul, is just undying.

I think it takes alot more to live and survive in tony's life than bruce's

copypastepuke
05-05-2008, 02:32 PM
id say batman got more street smarts

Albert
05-05-2008, 02:38 PM
id say batman got more street smarts

That's why he went on this game show:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/6/64/Street_Smarts.gif/150px-Street_Smarts.gif (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Street_Smarts_(game_show))

joeAR
05-05-2008, 02:47 PM

So I'd go with Batman.

:thumb:

copypastepuke
05-05-2008, 03:01 PM

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/6/64/Street_Smarts.gif/150px-Street_Smarts.gif (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Street_Smarts_%28game_show%29)
unfamiliar reference but i assume he won

Patton
05-05-2008, 03:03 PM

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/6/64/Street_Smarts.gif/150px-Street_Smarts.gif (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Street_Smarts_(game_show))

I think Albert should be the funniest.

I take it all back.

Albert
05-05-2008, 03:05 PM
I take it all back.

It was a good show! It was like the "Jaywalking" segment of the Tonight Show in a half hour game show format.

GrandeMaestro F√ľnke
05-05-2008, 03:11 PM

That was the first Batman toy I had!

I'd go with Iron Man, but I think in a fight Batman could take him out.

EDIT: And without thinking I just voted for Batman.:surrend:

Ben
05-05-2008, 03:16 PM

http://www.timemachinetoys.com/toypics/batmanarctic.JPGhttp://img155.imageshack.us/img155/3507/arcticcardjpgyf1.jpg

Albert
05-05-2008, 03:17 PM
http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/3507/arcticcardjpgyf1.jpg

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i171/thedailynow/explodehead.gif

thatguyfromsyracuse
05-05-2008, 03:18 PM

Ha! Now Batman can't go traipsing all over the Arctic thinking Iron Man can't get him! Take that Batman!!

Albert
05-05-2008, 03:20 PM
Is Batman ready to follow Iron Man to THE CENTER OF THE EARTH?

http://img125.imageshack.us/img125/598/subcardce7.jpg

Ben
05-05-2008, 03:22 PM
Would Batman be able to survive the X-Men Inferno storyline as well as Iron Man?

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/3348/infernocardfp2.jpg

thatguyfromsyracuse
05-05-2008, 03:24 PM
Would Batman be able to survive the X-Men Inferno storyline as well as Iron Man?

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/3348/infernocardfp2.jpg

With watering fire arsenal? Dude, Batman would not be ready for that!

Ben
05-05-2008, 03:25 PM
Can Batman turn into a tomahawk? I think not. I bet it never even occurred to him to try!!

http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/143/shapeshifterkl9.jpg

Albert
05-05-2008, 03:28 PM
If Batman's ever showed this level of dedication to dental hygeine, I'm not aware of it.

http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/2053/toothbrushmf5.jpg

thatguyfromsyracuse
05-05-2008, 03:29 PM
If Batman's ever showed this level of dedication to dental hygeine, I'm not aware of it.

http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/2053/toothbrushmf5.jpg

It looks like an Iron Man crucifix.

Jef UK
05-05-2008, 03:30 PM
http://www.ttfansite.net/Robin%20in%20Water2.png

c.rob
05-05-2008, 03:31 PM
What the hell is up with the 90s and this desire for preparation for the arctic?

Albert
05-05-2008, 03:35 PM
What the hell is up with the 90s and this desire for preparation for the arctic?

They were trying to combat the threat of Arctic Blast Robin.

http://www.bigreds.com/Batman64377.jpg

c.rob
05-05-2008, 03:37 PM
WTF. I've never seen this many arctic themed figures when I'm trolling around toys'r'us.

Amos Moses
05-05-2008, 03:38 PM
Didn't Batman learn to outplan poop? Really, I don't see how anyone can top that.

jamestolliver
05-05-2008, 03:39 PM
Can Batman turn into a tomahawk? I think not. I bet it never even occurred to him to try!!

http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/143/shapeshifterkl9.jpg

:rofl:
batman would not be ready for that.

Albert
05-05-2008, 03:39 PM
http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/2927/batmanarticambushrobinyd3.jpg

SteveZegers
05-05-2008, 03:40 PM
:rofl:
batman would not be ready for that.

Neither would Tony's skeleton.

Jef UK
05-05-2008, 03:42 PM
http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/2927/batmanarticambushrobinyd3.jpg

It looks like that sled pouch is prepping Robin for his night with Bruce back at the Ski Lodge. I would have thought Iron Man was more into that whole fucking machines thing.

jamestolliver
05-05-2008, 03:43 PM
Neither would Tony's skeleton.

well he turned into a lady cyborg and made it out ok.

why do we keep having andriod/cyborg conversations Steve? :)

Albert
05-05-2008, 03:47 PM
I can't make this stuff up!

http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/4674/adventure2ev0.jpg

Jef UK
05-05-2008, 03:49 PM
Space Spider-Man is the coolest!

thatguyfromsyracuse
05-05-2008, 03:51 PM
Where's the Center For Disease Control And Prevention Spidey?

Albert
05-05-2008, 03:52 PM
http://www.toymania.com/archives/spidey/10inch/adventure3.jpg

Ben
05-05-2008, 03:54 PM
http://www.toymania.com/archives/spidey/10inch/adventure3.jpgRed X!

Jef UK
05-05-2008, 03:54 PM
http://www.toymania.com/archives/spidey/10inch/adventure3.jpg

Arctic Adventure Riddler?

Jef UK
05-05-2008, 03:55 PM
Red X!

Blue Question Mark!

I think we just came up with 2009's summer blockbuster.

Albert
05-05-2008, 03:55 PM
Red X!

I thought you had to go!

http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/163/adventure3jy2.jpg

Albert
05-05-2008, 03:57 PM
Red X!

http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/4996/ban11422yf1.jpg

Dreaded Anomaly
05-05-2008, 05:41 PM

I still have that somewhere.

Everyone wanted to enjoy it before Global Warming melted the whole thing.

dasNdanger
05-05-2008, 06:34 PM
Iron Man, 'cause he's with Marvel.

das

Dreg
05-05-2008, 06:37 PM
Iron Man. C'mon, no way in hell is Bats the second or first smartest person in the DCU. Criminology isn't rocket science.

Jonathan Callan
05-05-2008, 06:39 PM

Smarter at what is the question? Batman is more driven and has trained himself to be the best he's capable of at everything. But I've never believed that means he's the best at everything, just more or less the pique of human performance at those things very important to him. A jack of all trades is a master of none after all. So would Bruce be a better escape artist than Mister Miracle? Certainly not. He couldn't be. He's had to train in too many other disciplines as well.

Tony would obviously beat him on natural brilliance. But to me, in a battle of wits, Bruce would come out on top because he's got more than a brilliant mind, he's got a disciplined mind.

Albert
05-05-2008, 06:44 PM
Smarter at what is the question? Batman is more driven and has trained himself to be the best he's capable of at everything. But I've never believed that means he's the best at everything, just more or less the pique of human performance at those things very important to him. A jack of all trades is a master of none after all. So would Bruce be a better escape artist than Mister Miracle? Certainly not. He couldn't be. He's had to train in too many other disciplines as well.

Tony would obviously beat him on natural brilliance. But to me, in a battle of wits, Bruce would come out on top because he's got more than a brilliant mind, he's got a disciplined mind.

Right.

Jonathan Callan
05-05-2008, 07:06 PM

In answer to that question, I provide you with a picture of a cat that you can all spend hours attaching captions to:

http://www.catfacts.org/cat-mouth-full.jpg

Jonathan Callan
05-05-2008, 07:09 PM
Don't worry, the Bat Cannon does both.

Another fair point. Tony does not feel the need to attach the prefix "Iron" to everything he invents.

"And this will be the Iron-Mansion! And this is the Iron-Car! And from now on Jarvis, we shall call you the Iron-Butler!"

PeterSparker
05-05-2008, 09:01 PM
Another fair point. Tony does not feel the need to attach the prefix "Iron" to everything he invents.

"And this will be the Iron-Mansion! And this is the Iron-Car! And from now on Jarvis, we shall call you the Iron-Butler!"

Clearly the words of a man who never invented Bat-Pinball.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y97/ssazz/wanted2.jpg

Colby
05-05-2008, 10:00 PM
Two different kinds of smart.

I think it's a little more complicated than this, but the best, simplest way I can put it right now is that Tony knows science, Batman knows people.

Albert
05-05-2008, 10:02 PM
Two different kinds of smart.

I think it's a little more complicated than this, but the best, simplest way I can put it right now is that Tony knows science, Batman knows people.

Would you say, perhaps, that Tony has "book smarks" and Batman has "street smarts"?

Jason California
05-05-2008, 10:07 PM
http://www.worth1000.com/entries/21500/21782_w.jpg

Colby
05-05-2008, 10:14 PM
Would you say, perhaps, that Tony has "book smarks" and Batman has "street smarts"?

That's part of it, yeah. Not that either one is deficient in the other area, but Tony's frequently been blindsided when people disagree with him, and Batman certainly can't come up with tech like Tony can.

Tony's also more of a creator- he makes things, and it often seems like he needs bursts of creativity to do it.

Batman's a "fixer"- he sees a problem, sets a goal, and accomplishes it.

Again, both also have some aspects of the other, but if you want to make it more binary, those are the lines.

Albert
05-05-2008, 10:22 PM
That's part of it, yeah. Not that either one is deficient in the other area, but Tony's frequently been blindsided when people disagree with him, and Batman certainly can't come up with tech like Tony can.

Tony's also more of a creator- he makes things, and it often seems like he needs bursts of creativity to do it.

Batman's a "fixer"- he sees a problem, sets a goal, and accomplishes it.

Again, both also have some aspects of the other, but if you want to make it more binary, those are the lines.

Who do you think is better equipped to face the ravages of the arctic?

Colby
05-05-2008, 10:26 PM
Who do you think is better equipped to face the ravages of the arctic?

Batman.

Tony needs a consistent temperature of 72 degrees to get bizzay at optimal capacity.

Dreaded Anomaly
05-05-2008, 10:36 PM
Batman.

Tony needs a consistent temperature of 72 degrees to get bizzay at optimal capacity.

Tony all but has a fucking nuclear reactor/fleet of nanotubes (depending on your preferred version) in his chest. He can get whatever temperature he wants.

Albert
05-05-2008, 10:38 PM
Tony all but has a fucking nuclear reactor/fleet of nanotubes (depending on your preferred version) in his chest. He can get whatever temperature he wants.

Then why did he make that Arctic Armor?

Dreaded Anomaly
05-05-2008, 10:39 PM

Traveling in style, baby! :)

nick maynard
05-05-2008, 11:41 PM
Traveling in style, baby! :)

haha, good answer.

danlomb
05-06-2008, 03:28 AM
I thiiiiiink Iron Man, but I just know if they battled, Batman would have somehow set Stark up from before the beginning.

So Bats.

Ethan Van Sciver
05-06-2008, 03:33 AM
Batman. The movie made Tony look quite clever though. We've got to get an actor to play Bruce that has Robert Downey Jr.s' charisma.

Doug
05-06-2008, 05:09 AM
Tony does not have Bat-Shark Repelant.

Bruce Wayne wins.

Albert
05-06-2008, 08:22 AM
Who would you rather drive cross-country with?

thatguyfromsyracuse
05-06-2008, 08:25 AM
Who would you rather drive cross-country with?

Iron Man. Batman would be all moody and answer questions with "Yes" "No". I think Iron Man would be more fun to go with.

Dreg
05-06-2008, 08:44 AM
If they would agree to take a standardized test to see who's smarter, Tony would ace the exam and actually show his work, while Batman would just write the correct answers with a little bat logo doodled next to them.

Jason California
05-06-2008, 08:57 AM
Looks like we are not the only ones having this talk the link below is from Gizmodo...

Who Kicks More Ass: Batman or Iron Man? (http://gizmodo.com/387583/who-kicks-more-ass-batman-or-iron-man)

Jonathan Callan
05-06-2008, 09:59 AM

Oh man. Why didn't he make the arctic armor?

Jonathan Callan
05-06-2008, 10:03 AM
This conversation about arctic armor, reminds me of possibly my favorite Shortpacked:

http://shortpacked.com/comics/20050930atmosphere.gif

Which, it should be noted, while Tony is apparently less equipped for the artcic, Batman can breathe in space.

http://shortpacked.com/comics/20050131a.gif

Jonathan Callan
05-06-2008, 10:10 AM
If they would agree to take a standardized test to see who's smarter, Tony would ace the exam and actually show his work, while Batman would just write the correct answers with a little bat logo doodled next to them.

Batman would cheat on the test, writing the answers inside his Bat-waterbottle. Tony would oversleep, show up with fifteen minutes left and ace the thing without studying.

NickT
05-06-2008, 10:30 AM
Iron Man. Batman would be all moody and answer questions with "Yes" "No". I think Iron Man would be more fun to go with.
Stark would set you up with a supermodel. Batman would make you wear hotpants.

EdNEMO
05-06-2008, 10:34 AM
Stark is way smarter and Wayne is way more clever. No comparison really.

Jonathan Callan
05-06-2008, 10:42 AM
Stark is way smarter and Wayne is way more clever. No comparison really.

I agree. Wayne is the Oscar Wilde of Gotham.

Doug
05-06-2008, 10:56 AM
I agree. Wayne is the Oscar Wilde of Gotham.

A bit of a ponce?

Albert
05-06-2008, 10:58 AM
Stark would set you up with a supermodel. Batman would make you wear hotpants.

So Batman, then?