PDA

View Full Version : The Office: [5/1/08]

Foolish Mortal
05-01-2008, 05:14 PM
I don't know what Michael is talking about, Pam is fucking hot with glasses.

Oh, and Daryl is fucking with Michael again. :lol:

RebootedCorpse
05-01-2008, 05:15 PM
Fluffy fingers.
This should be good.

Foolish Mortal
05-01-2008, 05:17 PM
Toby throws Jim under the bus. :lol:

thatguyfromsyracuse
05-01-2008, 05:19 PM
Toby is creepy. :lol:

RebootedCorpse
05-01-2008, 05:19 PM
Oh man...

JoeE
05-01-2008, 05:20 PM
Wow, Ryan has really gone over the top with the douchebaggery.

Jim has never been a bad employee. He probably would have had Ryan's job if he hadn't turned it down.

Foolish Mortal
05-01-2008, 05:21 PM
Oh man...
Yes, I see a monumental disaster about to take place. :)

LenNWallace
05-01-2008, 05:26 PM
The shit is flippin'!

I wonder if Stanley is getting his own show.

RebootedCorpse
05-01-2008, 05:27 PM
Michael just keeps finding new ways to suck. Hilarious!

Andrew j
05-01-2008, 05:28 PM
That was fantastic

Foolish Mortal
05-01-2008, 05:28 PM
I seriously thought Stanley might try to kill Michael. :lol:

Drkemerld73
05-01-2008, 05:33 PM
Pam is amazingly cute with the glasses. She should wear them more! :heart:

Oh Toby... I used to root for you and everything... But this... You've sunk too far, man... Too far... :no:

Foolish Mortal
05-01-2008, 05:35 PM
Pam is amazingly cute with the glasses. She should wear them more! :heart:

Oh Toby... I used to root for you and everything... But this... You've sunk too far, man... Too far... :no:
Jealousy can make a man do bad things.

Sy-Klone
05-01-2008, 05:40 PM
I :heart: Stanley.

Seriously.

I think he may be my favorite of the "background" players. This was a fantastic episode! :D

Drkemerld73
05-01-2008, 05:41 PM
Jealousy can make a man do bad things.

Oh, I'm aware of that, but still, I had always figured Toby was above that.

Guess he isn't.

:no:

thatguyfromsyracuse
05-01-2008, 05:48 PM
While Pam is hot, and and I'm sure she'd look hot in glasses, those were not the glasses to do that. I'm sorry. :lol:

Drkemerld73
05-01-2008, 05:50 PM
While Pam is hot, and and I'm sure she'd look hot in glasses, those were not the glasses to do that. I'm sorry. :lol:

Not hot in them, but very cute in my opinion. :D

nihilance
05-02-2008, 04:37 AM
Looks like Angela might be rethinking dumping Dwight.

And I'm real curious to see where this Ryan vs Jim thing goes.

JoeE
05-02-2008, 04:49 AM
I love that Kevin has a librarian fetish.

Also, Daryl being "A crip, a blood, a vice lord, and a Newsie" :rofl:

Ziolko
05-02-2008, 04:52 AM
I thought Dwight buying and reselling Andy's car was great. :D

Jim T.
05-02-2008, 04:59 AM
This season really seems to be skewing darker.

Dr. Blasphemy
05-02-2008, 05:02 AM
I really wanted Michael to show some backbone to Stanley.
I know he has it in him, but he never shows it...

Loved the Dwight/ Andy car thing too...Brilliant.

And Ryan..I can't WAIT for his downfall...You know it's coming.

Fourthman
05-02-2008, 05:06 AM

AND a Latin King!

Jim T.
05-02-2008, 05:12 AM

Seriously.

I think he may be my favorite of the "background" players. This was a fantastic episode! :D

Me, too! My wife interviewed him yesterday - he's got like a PhD in City Planning or something and just decided to give acting a shot a few years ago on a whim.

"Let's see Josh find another Stanley. You think Stanleys grow on trees?" :)

Jim T.
05-02-2008, 05:13 AM
AND a Latin King!

I like that he was doing a rubik's cube when Michael came in and said he was really busy right now!

Deej
05-02-2008, 05:19 AM

I agree. Actually, I agree with Michael on this one...those glasses just made her look chunky.

I love Dwight's powers of persuasion!

Fourthman
05-02-2008, 05:24 AM
I love Dwight's powers of persuasion!
He's like the Ronnie Mund of The Office, but tall!

SteveZegers
05-02-2008, 05:30 AM
AND a Latin King!

And a Warrior!

Jim T.
05-02-2008, 05:33 AM
And a Warrior!

Yeah - that was the best one!

Deej
05-02-2008, 06:14 AM
He's like the Ronnie Mund of The Office, but tall!

:rofl:

Go Ahead...Shake my hand...Do it! 5-4-3-2...

silverboy
05-02-2008, 06:27 AM
Pissed that I missed this, too.

Generic Poster
05-02-2008, 06:37 AM
AND a Latin King!

AND a Warrior.

EDIT: D'oh. Already pointed out.

Foolish Mortal
05-02-2008, 06:49 AM

I love it when Daryl fucks with Michael. He's so ridiculously gullible.

FuturisticPlans
05-02-2008, 07:03 AM
Is it just me or are the "Jim fake proposes" jokes already falling a little flat?

Angela and Dwight are the new Pam and Jim. Totally. Dwigela (Angelight?) 4 Eva.

nihilance
05-02-2008, 07:07 AM
Is it just me or are the "Jim fake proposes" jokes already falling a little flat?

Hasn't there only been two?

Jim T.
05-02-2008, 07:07 AM

Angela and Dwight are the new Pam and Jim. Totally. Dwigela (Angelight?) 4 Eva.

The proposal last week was OK - this week's was not. I had no idea what either of them were talking about at first.

Blake Sims
05-02-2008, 07:08 AM
Hilarious episode. Fluffy fingers was hilarious. I love this show.

DaveCummings
05-02-2008, 07:11 AM

Seriously.

Both him and Kevin. I think both of them are my favorite characters on the show.

Generic Poster
05-02-2008, 07:15 AM

I have never met a woman who would find this funny more than once - and probably not even once. I am sure that after a while it would be intrepreted as (1) evidence that he does not take marriage seriously and (2) teasing and cruel.

Gavin
05-02-2008, 07:16 AM
I have never met a woman who would find this funny more than once - and probably not even once. I am sure that after a while it would be intrepreted as (1) evidence that he does not take marriage seriously and (2) teasing and cruel.

He already bought the ring. That's pretty serious.

FuturisticPlans
05-02-2008, 07:25 AM
Hasn't there only been two?

Which is why I say "already."

The first was okay. The second time I just made me hope that this wasn't going to be the new running gag.

And while I have no doubt that Jim's serious about marriage, it's still kinda mean. :p

nihilance
05-02-2008, 07:28 AM

Well they haven't even dated a year yet...and her previous relationship went on for quite a while without moving forward...she probably takes it for exactly what it is, a joke. She was even playfully elbowing him in the meeting when he "proposed" that she get him a cup of coffee.

If anything, my guess is that when Jim proposes she says no. She's liking the relationship right now and but I don't think she's ready for the next step.

nihilance
05-02-2008, 07:29 AM
Which is why I say "already."

The first was okay. The second time I just made me hope that this wasn't going to be the new running gag.

And while I have no doubt that Jim's serious about marriage, it's still kinda mean. :p

There is a big difference between joking on someone and joking with someone. Pam's reaction in the meeting plainly shows that she's in on the joke and doesn't really think he's about to propose. Which is why it will blindside her when it actually happens and she will panic and say no.

Generic Poster
05-02-2008, 07:37 AM
He already bought the ring. That's pretty serious.

Yeah, but the constant "fake" proposals sorta negate this. Plus, she doesn't know he bought the ring, does she?

nihilance
05-02-2008, 07:40 AM
Yeah, but the constant "fake" proposals sorta negate this. Plus, she doesn't know he bought the ring, does she?

Constant...right.

DaveCummings
05-02-2008, 07:50 AM
Well they haven't even dated a year yet...and her previous relationship went on for quite a while without moving forward...she probably takes it for exactly what it is, a joke. She was even playfully elbowing him in the meeting when he "proposed" that she get him a cup of coffee.

If anything, my guess is that when Jim proposes she says no. She's liking the relationship right now and but I don't think she's ready for the next step.

To me, it seems like Jim's jokes are him trying to test the water. Their relationship has been...interesting over the years, and his jokes are him attempting to see if she does actually want to marry him. I think it's him being a little bit on the cautious side, after years of him being in love with her, but her not returning it, from her long relationship with Roy.

FuturisticPlans
05-02-2008, 07:54 AM
There is a big difference between joking on someone and joking with someone. Pam's reaction in the meeting plainly shows that she's in on the joke and doesn't really think he's about to propose. Which is why it will blindside her when it actually happens and she will panic and say no.

Yeah, that's a good point. :p

However, I guess I'm more concerned that it's just not as funny as when both of them ganged up on Dwight. I think I'm just getting nostalgic for season one.

Drkemerld73
05-02-2008, 07:58 AM
To me, it seems like Jim's jokes are him trying to test the water. Their relationship has been...interesting over the years, and his jokes are him attempting to see if she does actually want to marry him. I think it's him being a little bit on the cautious side, after years of him being in love with her, but her not returning it, from her long relationship with Roy.

I would agree with this, especially after the way he told the camera crew about the ring. He seemed proud but cautious.

nihilance
05-02-2008, 08:10 AM

Nah...if he were being cautious he wouldn't have bought the ring a week after their first date.

Drkemerld73
05-02-2008, 08:16 AM
Nah...if he were being cautious he wouldn't have bought the ring a week after their first date.

Well, Jim knows what he feels and what he wants. That's why he got the ring.

But since he's been burned before by her, he wants to play it a little bit closer to the vest this time. And because of her initial reaction when they were talking about things, he is using that to determine how she feels and what she may or may not be ready for. This is how he is being cautious.

nihilance
05-02-2008, 08:17 AM
Well, Jim knows what he feels and what he wants. That's why he got the ring.

But since he's been burned before by her, he wants to play it a little bit closer to the vest this time. And because of her initial reaction when they were talking about things, he is using that to determine how she feels and what she may or may not be ready for. This is how he is being cautious.

So does anyone else think she'll say no when he asks?

Drkemerld73
05-02-2008, 08:20 AM
So does anyone else think she'll say no when he asks?

I'm not sure what she'll do.

I'd like to think she'd say "yes", rather than go through the whole trashing of a relationship storyline that has happened countless times before in other series.

I'd like to see them be happy but save that moment more towards the end of the series.

Gunter
05-02-2008, 08:51 AM
AND a Latin King!

And a Warrior.

FuturisticPlans
05-02-2008, 08:52 AM
I'd like to think she'd say "yes", rather than go through the whole trashing of a relationship storyline that has happened countless times before in other series.

I can see her saying no, but the relationship surviving.

Well, I can see her saying "not yet" as opposed to "no" and Jim ultimately being happy with that. I'm sure he'd be understanding about her not wanting to jump straight from one engagement to another.

nihilance
05-02-2008, 09:04 AM
I can see her saying no, but the relationship surviving.

Well, I can see her saying "not yet" as opposed to "no" and Jim ultimately being happy with that. I'm sure he'd be understanding about her not wanting to jump straight from one engagement to another.

btw - is your screen name a Clutch reference?

Rod Nunley
05-02-2008, 10:48 AM
So I liked the episode. It's about time Stanley blew his top. And I liked the rant about Michael being a bad boss and how Michael eventually handles it. It's sad really because I think Michael is a very sympathetic character. On paper he should be an awful person, but you can see that while he may be inept or even borderline moronic at times he has a good heart.

And I am loving the new twist with Jim and the Temp (he'll always be the temp to me) getting ready to have it out. Should be interesting to see how it plays out.

I really like how the show keeps chugging along with good episodes even when not about the Jim and Pam relationship. You could see them getting married and the show still being good after that.

It's really a great ensemble show now.

Generic Poster
05-02-2008, 10:56 AM
So I liked the episode. It's about time Stanley blew his top. And I liked the rant about Michael being a bad boss and how Michael eventually handles it. It's sad really because I think Michael is a very sympathetic character. On paper he should be an awful person, but you can see that while he may be inept or even borderline moronic at times he has a good heart.

And I am loving the new twist with Jim and the Temp (he'll always be the temp to me) getting ready to have it out. Should be interesting to see how it plays out.

I really like how the show keeps chugging along with good episodes even when not about the Jim and Pam relationship. You could see them getting married and the show still being good after that.

It's really a great ensemble show now.

Yeah, they do a good job keeping Michael from being utterly ridiculous. And he did, in the end, handle things exactly as he should have.

FuturisticPlans
05-02-2008, 11:04 AM
btw - is your screen name a Clutch reference?

Yes. Yes, it is.

Drkemerld73
05-02-2008, 11:17 AM
It's sad really because I think Michael is a very sympathetic character. On paper he should be an awful person, but you can see that while he may be inept or even borderline moronic at times he has a good heart.

That's what I kind of like about him. The guy does have a good heart. But he is still such a child, and not only that, but a lonely and awkward child who just wants to fit in and be liked. The only way Michael can feel appreciated is by overcompensating for it by trying to be the fun person and get as much of the attention as he craves while gaining the approval from those in his life.

He becomes hurt because he thinks everything he experiences, does, and says should be experienced in the way he sees it, but that is of as a child would, not as an adult.

I think the greatest snapshot of that was evidenced in the video when he was a little kid and you just felt his loneliness and awkwardness.

That was and very much is Michael.

Foolish Mortal
05-02-2008, 11:22 AM
That's what I kind of like about him. The guy does have a good heart. But he is still such a child, and not only that, but a lonely and awkward child who just wants to fit in and be liked. The only way Michael can feel appreciated is by overcompensating for it by trying to be the fun person and get as much of the attention as he craves while gaining the approval from those in his life.

He becomes hurt because he thinks everything he experiences, does, and says should be experienced in the way he sees it, but that is of as a child would, not as an adult.

I think the greatest snapshot of that was evidenced in the video when he was a little kid and you just felt his loneliness and awkwardness.

That was and very much is Michael.
This is probably why Michael was such a good salesman because he jumped through hoops to make buyers happy.

But that mentality is not good for a management position. This is why he's such an awful manager. Michael's a follower trying to pretend he's a leader.

Drkemerld73
05-02-2008, 11:27 AM
This is probably why Michael was such a good salesman because he jumped through hoops to make buyers happy.

But that mentality is not good for a management position. This is why he's such an awful manager. Michael's a follower trying to pretend he's a leader.

Agreed.

They've shown it several times now at how good of a salesperson he is (to surprisingly successful levels), but is just completely inept as a manager.

FuturisticPlans
05-02-2008, 11:33 AM
That's what I kind of like about him. The guy does have a good heart.

This is why it breaks my heart every time he mentions how much he wants kids. :(

Though, I'm not entirely sure he'd be the best dad. Poor guy.