PDA

View Full Version : Is Anybody Pre-Ordering Madam Xanadu

mkecub
04-24-2008, 05:20 AM
I'm finishing up my pre-orders and I usually like to give Vertigo #1s a chance. I'm not sure if this one is really up my alley. Is anybody else getting it or heard about it?

Ashwin Pande
04-24-2008, 05:23 AM
haven't even heard of this.

What's the creative team?

mkecub
04-24-2008, 05:30 AM
haven't even heard of this.

What's the creative team?

From Previews:

Written by Matt Wagner Art and cover by Amy Reeder Hadley Variant cover by Wagner Legendary creator Matt Wagner (MAGE, GRENDEL, SUPERMAN/BATMAN/WONDER WOMAN: TRINITY) and rising star artist Amy Reeder Hadley present Vertigo's newest ongoing fantasy epic. Centuries long and around the globe her tale winds before the ageless fortuneteller arrives in modern era New York. Her powers of sight can change the course of human events, but how does the seer see herself? Wagner and Hadley answer with painstakingly elegant story and breathtakingly innovative art that is sure to make Madame Xanadu a classic! Issue #1 opens into a medieval kingdom beset by intrigue and foul sorcery. A fair sylph with magic of her own is thrown into the world of war and men - where she encounters a dark stranger who knows not only her past, but her most intimate future as well. Please note: For every 10 copies of the Standard Edition (with a cover by Hadley), you may order one copy of the Variant Edition (with a cover by Wagner). Please e-mail duck@g-mart.com for more information. FC / 32 pgs / Monthly / $2.99 US / On sale June 25

Ashwin Pande
04-24-2008, 05:32 AM
Yeah... I was sold at "Written by Matt Wagner" :)

I'll check it out when we get a copy here.

TIP
04-24-2008, 05:43 AM
It's Matt Wagner. That's automatic for me.

Jono
04-24-2008, 06:04 AM
the art looked really intersting, so I preordered it. if it sucks i'll stop reading, but why not take a chance on something new?

Amedeo
04-24-2008, 06:15 AM
With a name like Xanadu, how can I not? Oh wait.... :wink:

No, no. I'll be picking it up.