PDA

View Full Version : Catwoman question?

what about bob?
04-21-2008, 08:52 AM
Does anybody know if this series is ending soon. I think I read this somewhere. I really hope not because Will Pfeifer's catwoman is definatly one of the best DC books on the market now.

lonesomefool
04-21-2008, 08:56 AM
Does anybody know if this series is ending soon. I think I read this somewhere. I really hope not because Will Pfeifer's catwoman is definatly one of the best DC books on the market now.

Yep, I think it ends with #80.

I havent read the book in a long time, but I will say the issues I read after OYL were ok, but to me the book really ended when Brubaker left. I honestly think the Brubaker/Strewart run is one of the best creative team runs on any character this decade.

MAK15
04-21-2008, 08:57 AM

I havent read the book in a long time, but I will say the issues I read after OYL were ok, but to me the book really ended when Brubaker left. I honestly think the Brubaker/Strewart run is one of the best creative team runs on any character this decade.

ends at 81.

artimoff
04-21-2008, 09:14 AM

I hate Paul Gulacy's art, so I fropped it with 25, but I picked it back up again when Zatana showed up jut before OYL & it's been prety good since then. I'm sad to see it go.

what about bob?
04-21-2008, 09:25 AM
Paul Gulacy singlehandely ruined the book for me for awhile but once Pfeifer and woods came on it was fucking brilliant.

Generic Poster
04-21-2008, 09:33 AM
I can't help but think how much better it would have been were they not saddled with the whole Catbaby thing.

Ashwin Pande
04-21-2008, 09:35 AM
what happened to her baby anyway?

Generic Poster
04-21-2008, 09:40 AM
what happened to her baby anyway?

She got tired of having people try to kill the baby, so Batman helped her fake her and the kids' death, and then put the baby up for adoption.

Ashwin Pande
04-21-2008, 09:42 AM
She got tired of having people try to kill the baby, so Batman helped her fake her and the kids' death, and then put the baby up for adoption.

heh.

Nice job DC!

Generic Poster
04-21-2008, 09:43 AM
heh.

Nice job DC!

I thought she was going to get kidnapped by extra-dimensional beings, be rapidly aged, and come back as some sort of "Cat Avatar" or something similar.

Ashwin Pande
04-21-2008, 09:45 AM
I thought she was going to get kidnapped by extra-dimensional beings, be rapidly aged, and come back as some sort of "Cat Avatar" or something similar.

Instead they threw her into the "Well let's just pretend this never happened..." machine.

Ray G.
04-21-2008, 09:45 AM
I've found it to be pretty terrible since OYL.

Ashwin Pande
04-21-2008, 09:51 AM
I never understood how they approved the baby idea. She's the one woman Batman's actively chased over the years and to give her a kid by a tertiary character like Slam Bradley's son was pretty dumb imo. Obviously they could never make it last. Catwoman's not a maternal character either. Her style of villainy/heroism doesn't really work if she's a mother. I guess they wanted to make it an Earth 2 thing especially with the kid being named Helena... but come on... this is where they really need to think before throwing in all those silver age references for the hell of it.

Generic Poster
04-21-2008, 09:55 AM
I never understood how they approved the baby idea. She's the one woman Batman's actively chased over the years and to give her a kid by a tertiary character like Slam Bradley's son was pretty dumb imo. Obviously they could never make it last. Catwoman's not a maternal character either. Her style of villainy/heroism doesn't really work if she's a mother. I guess they wanted to make it an Earth 2 thing especially with the kid being named Helena... but come on... this is where they really need to think before throwing in all those silver age references for the hell of it.

I completely agree. It also served no dramatic purpose whatsoever, as everyone KNEW the baby would be disposed of somehow.

Helena Wayne was more Bronze Age, though.

Ashwin Pande
04-21-2008, 09:57 AM
I completely agree. It also served no dramatic purpose whatsoever, as everyone KNEW the baby would be disposed of somehow.

Helena Wayne was more Bronze Age, though.

1980 - 1985?

Generic Poster
04-21-2008, 10:03 AM
1980 - 1985?

I thought the death of Gwen Stacy was the end point for the silver age, and the beginning of the bronze.

Masculine Todd
04-21-2008, 10:12 AM
It's been consistently good since Pfeifer jumped on to helm the book in '05. Shame it can't find an audience.

Damian696
04-21-2008, 10:39 AM

:boogie: CableCat :boogie:

Ashton
04-21-2008, 10:46 AM
too bad, I was enjoying this title.

Ashwin Pande
04-21-2008, 10:50 AM
It's been consistently good since Pfeifer jumped on to helm the book in '05. Shame it can't find an audience.

I liked his writing but that Film Freak arc was pretty weak I thought. Kinda hokey villain.