PDA

View Full Version : Salman Rushdie came to our school to speak...

Money
04-03-2008, 04:11 PM
and I discoverd that he has a fatwa out on his life and then today I found out that Theo Van Gogh was murdered by a muslim for his film Submission. I was wondering if anybody knows of any other famous people with fatwas and do you think it would be worth it.

clearly Van Gogh's film was worthy of being made but being killed for making a film or writing a book. It almost seems like, considering the monstrosity of Radical Islam that it would be better to take political action than to just make a film.

mike black
04-03-2008, 04:14 PM

Jerry Falwell
Salman Rushdie
Taslima Nasreen
Isioma Daniel

NickT
04-03-2008, 04:15 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_famous_fatwas

Steve Q
04-03-2008, 04:17 PM
and I discoverd that he has a fatwa out on his life and then today I found out that Theo Van Gogh was murdered by a muslim for his film Submission. I was wondering if anybody knows of any other famous people with fatwas and do you think it would be worth it.

clearly Van Gogh's film was worthy of being made but being killed for making a film or writing a book. It almost seems like, considering the monstrosity of Radical Islam that it would be better to take political action than to just make a film.

If G-d forbid a fatwa suceeded on Rushdie, at least he could die happy having banged Padma Lakshmi.

NATE!
04-03-2008, 04:17 PM
Bin Laden's got one on him:

http://www.culturekitchen.com/archives/002868.html

Dreaded Anomaly
04-03-2008, 04:26 PM

Jerry Falwell

Does a fatwa end if the person dies? Couldn't happen to a nicer guy, but his heart did their job for them.

Amos Moses
04-03-2008, 04:30 PM
You're just now finding out about this? Dude's been in hiding ever since that Ayatollah jackass gave the order. Damn shame too, Rushdie's a funny guy.

Viva La Ha Ha
04-03-2008, 04:36 PM
Ayatollah Ali Khamenei: The "Satanic Verses" are an abomination. I hereby declare a fatwa on the infidel, Salman Rushdie.

Salman Rushie: Oh yeah! Well, I issue a "double fatwa" on you!

AAK: Nuh-uh. Fatwa times infinity.

SR: Fatwa times infinity plus one.

AAK: Fatwa times infinity plus infinity.

SR: Curses!

wes
04-04-2008, 12:36 AM
The whole Fatwa thing is incredibly stupid, doubly so with Salman Rushdie, who has always been fairly sympathetic towards Muslims, even after the Fatwa.

Ashwin Pande
04-04-2008, 01:40 AM
Eh. Theo Van Gogh's movie is pure hate speech put in a political context.

The Koran does not advocate killing every other religion on Earth.

Steve Q
04-04-2008, 06:50 AM

The Koran does not advocate killing every other religion on Earth.

Of course, if they were smart, they wouldn't have killed Van Gogh, thereby proving his point

JHickman
04-04-2008, 07:44 AM

Sigh...

I'm sorry sir that my head has so offended your ax.