PDA

View Full Version : Newsarama: PAD Confirms Spidey Title

joeAR
06-02-2005, 08:20 AM
http://www.newsarama.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=35060 (http://www.newsarama.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=35060)

PAD CONFIRMS: "FRIENDLY NEIGHBORHOOD SPIDER-MAN"
In a posting on his webblog, Peter David confirmed the title of his and Mike Wieringo's upcoming Spider-Man series as Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man.

David posted:

Artie Pink
06-02-2005, 08:32 AM
I know I'm the only one who thinks so, but that's great!

joeAR
06-02-2005, 08:33 AM
I know I'm the only one who thinks so, but that's great!

No you are not, that title is fucking gold

SteveZegers
06-02-2005, 08:40 AM
I love the title. I :spidey: It.

TIP
06-02-2005, 08:41 AM
PAD's on it so I'll be checking it out.

T
(holy crap, was his first arc back on the Hulk awesome)

mattbrand
06-02-2005, 08:43 AM
I love the title.

Artie Pink
06-02-2005, 08:48 AM
PAD's on it so I'll be checking it out.

T
(holy crap, was his first arc back on the Hulk awesome)

Looking forward to his new 2-parter with Jae Lee... which starts today!

TIP
06-02-2005, 08:54 AM
Looking forward to his new 2-parter with Jae Lee... which starts today!

Indeed.

T
:smile:

The Cheap-Arse Film Critic
06-02-2005, 08:54 AM
I was hoping this would happen.

Can't wait for this book.

When's it schedualed to be released?

niceguyeddie
06-02-2005, 09:03 AM
now all we need is a "Spiderman and his amazing friends" comic.

The Cheap-Arse Film Critic
06-02-2005, 09:05 AM
now all we need is a "Spiderman and his amazing friends" comic.

That's schedueled for an early 2006 release.

Ed Brubaker's on writing duties. No artist has yet been announced.

Olivier E.
06-02-2005, 09:12 AM
Good titlte, better than the amazing, the sensational, the spectacular,...

LenNWallace
06-02-2005, 10:44 AM
I'm so unbelieveably stoked for this shit. David's the guy behind some of my all time favorite Spidey stories. I can't fucking wait.

JeremyDale
06-02-2005, 10:51 AM
SWEET-- and it's the title I was hoping for. EXACTLY what I'm looking for in a comic right now.

J

PoWerSurge
06-02-2005, 11:09 AM
I love PAD, but won't be buying this for pure principal that I thought Marvel canceled Spectacular because there were too many Spidey Titles.

Ray G.
06-02-2005, 11:11 AM
I hope it's good. PAD is kind of hit and miss for me.

Doug
06-02-2005, 11:13 AM
I love PAD, but won't be buying this for pure principal that I thought Marvel canceled Spectacular because there were too many Spidey Titles.

I thought Spectacular was canceled because Jenkins told all the stories he wanted to tell.

Although why they had Samm Barnes write an arch is beyond me if that is the case.

PoWerSurge
06-02-2005, 11:24 AM
I thought Spectacular was canceled because Jenkins told all the stories he wanted to tell.

Although why they had Samm Barnes write an arch is beyond me if that is the case.

Not sure, could have sworn it was because there are so many Spidey titles right now.

I would have rather seen PAD replace Strazynski on Amazing when Strazynski gets overwhelmed with FF

joeAR
06-02-2005, 11:43 AM
If it's anything like his Captain Marvel or his Hulk i'll love it(I've never read his spectacular before)

JABSEN
06-02-2005, 11:49 AM
Love the title

Scott JB
06-02-2005, 11:52 AM
I love the title, and I love PAD's Spidey, so this should be good.

ThisSpaceForRent
06-02-2005, 12:26 PM

Yeah - good for you...that'll teach someone something.
Whatever that is, you'll have to let the rest of us know.

JABSEN
06-02-2005, 12:42 PM
Whatever that is, you'll have to let the rest of us know.Nice

Sy-Klone
06-02-2005, 02:17 PM
I can't wait for this.

Peter David is one of my favorite comics writers, and Spidey is my absolute favorite superhero character. It's a great fit for PAD, and I'm eagerly anticipating it. :)

PoWerSurge
06-03-2005, 05:15 AM
Whatever that is, you'll have to let the rest of us know.

I don't think I said anything about needing to teach a lesson.

ASM & Strazynski are the flagship title, I was picking up MK but dropped it when Millar was done because, well, that issue sucked. Ultimate Spider-man is a staple of my life, Unlimited was ok but not worth the money so I dropped it. Marvel Age Spidey just doesn't interest me, no need for repeat stories since I have some of the original stories

I never really liked Spectacular, I think it was because of the art and the flow. It just never really stuck with me. When they cancelled Spectacular, I believed it was because they were trying to pull back on the line some to concentrate the story lines with Amazing and MK, and we find out all they did was cancel one book for another. It's kind of a crock.

I like PAD, but would rather see him on MK or, as I said, on ASM as the flagship writer if Strazynski gets overwhelmed. Strazynski has a habit of letting his underlings write for him with 'his guidance." The stories turn out a little off, like the Loki-Spidey teamup arc. I'd much rather he take a break for an arc and let a experienced writer take over rather than turning over a flagship title to an unknown.

In the end, it comes down to I don't need another Spidey book.