PDA

View Full Version : HIMYM 3/24/08- "Ten Sessions" The Spears episode

MagicGamer
03-24-2008, 04:22 PM
Description:

Continuing his passionate quest to find the woman who will one day be his wife, Ted pursues his beautiful dermatologist, Stella. While Stella turns down his repeated efforts for a date, her office receptionist, Abby, becomes smitten with Ted.

Hope it's good.

MagicGamer
03-24-2008, 04:31 PM
Elliot!

Daniel K.
03-24-2008, 04:36 PM
Elliot!

Also known as Maybe, possibly, God I hope she is, the mother!

MagicGamer
03-24-2008, 04:38 PM
No fire in the bar! :lol:

Ryudo
03-24-2008, 04:40 PM
Has anyone else said this?

No?

Okay.

This won't end well.

kritty
03-24-2008, 04:42 PM
ted is wearing a saints shirt on britney spears night - coincidence? i think not

Daniel K.
03-24-2008, 04:44 PM
So far:
Britney Spears - Horrible

Sarah Chalke - Awesome

Daniel K.
03-24-2008, 04:45 PM
ted is wearing a saints shirt on britney spears night - coincidence? i think not

As in "They're saints for giving her work."?

MagicGamer
03-24-2008, 04:47 PM
:lol:

Mustaches.

MagicGamer
03-24-2008, 04:53 PM
Ranji(sp?)!?!?

kritty
03-24-2008, 04:55 PM
As in "They're saints for giving her work."?

as in new orleans saints - she is from louisiana

Briomega
03-24-2008, 04:56 PM
So far:
Britney Spears - Horrible

Sarah Chalke - Awesome

I thought Britney was great in the role.

MagicGamer
03-24-2008, 04:57 PM
Great episode.

I loved the date part.

MagicGamer
03-24-2008, 04:58 PM

Yeah, she was great at playing a fool.

Who woulda guessed :D

Daniel K.
03-24-2008, 05:08 PM

I didn't like it too much at the beginning, but that ending with Barney was worth it.

Also (Delayed) Ranjit!

Briomega
03-24-2008, 05:10 PM
So, is she really the mother or was her mentioning the St. Patty's thing a fake-out? Pretty excellent episode, though.

MagicGamer
03-24-2008, 05:14 PM
Also (Delayed) Ranjit!

I loved that.

So, is she really the mother or was her mentioning the St. Patty's thing a fake-out? Pretty excellent episode, though.

I think they're leaving it open right now.

Daniel K.
03-24-2008, 05:14 PM

From what I can gather, they had planned for the Stella character to be the mother and to be a role that continued for the rest of the season, but scheduling with Alicia Silverstone and then Sarah Chalke prevented that. My bet is that she is the mother and they will most definitely bring her back later, probably after Scrubs finishes it's 18 episodes next season or maybe even before if they can get through all the scheduling red tape.

Daniel K.
03-24-2008, 05:15 PM
I loved that.

I also loved that Wendy the Waitress was, well, the waitress.

Briomega
03-24-2008, 05:16 PM
From what I can gather, they had planned for the Stella character to be the mother and to be a role that continued for the rest of the season, but scheduling with Alicia Silverstone and then Sarah Chalke prevented that. My bet is that she is the mother and they will most definitely bring her back later, probably after Scrubs finishes it's 18 episodes next season or maybe even before if they can get through all the scheduling red tape.

Hmm, but the kids are close in age so if she is they would have to get married pretty soon or at least have a kid together soon.

Patton
03-24-2008, 05:17 PM

I'm starting to wonder if they know.

MagicGamer
03-24-2008, 05:20 PM
I also loved that Wendy the Waitress was, well, the waitress.

Yeah. The continuity in this show is awesome.

Hmm, but the kids are close in age so if she is they would have to get married pretty soon or at least have a kid together soon.

I'm thinking that her kid is a kid that's not shown on screen if she is the mother.

Daniel K.
03-24-2008, 05:21 PM
as in new orleans saints - she is from louisiana

I was being snarky. Not a fan of stunt casting. I am, however, occasionally a fan of the Saints. My dad is from New Orleans.

Daniel K.
03-24-2008, 05:22 PM
I'm thinking that her kid is a kid that's not shown on screen if she is the mother.

Seems reasonable. I really wouldn't mind if they just forgot we ever saw the kids in the first place.

Briomega
03-24-2008, 05:24 PM
Yeah. The continuity in this show is awesome.

Yeah, that could be. Well, hopefully we get another season and find everything out. That fucker at CBS better not be thinking about cancelling again.

Patton
03-24-2008, 05:27 PM
Yeah, that could be. Well, hopefully we get another season and find everything out. That fucker at CBS better not be thinking about cancelling again.

He is definitely thinking about it. But we have math on our side this time. It built on it's lead in last week. It did better than Big Bang and Christine.

MagicGamer
03-24-2008, 05:30 PM
He is definitely thinking about it. But we have math on our side this time. It built on it's lead in last week. It did better than Big Bang and Christine.

Great. It'll be hard to justify cancelling it. I hope that guy falls off a building, whoever he is.

chazbot
03-24-2008, 05:32 PM
wow...Britney hasn't been that disappointing.
But this episode is too Ted-centric so far.

Daniel K.
03-24-2008, 05:32 PM
Great. It'll be hard to justify cancelling it. I hope that guy falls off a building, whoever he is.

What's the story behind this? I didn't even know it was in trouble.

Briomega
03-24-2008, 05:34 PM
What's the story behind this? I didn't even know it was in trouble.

One of the CBS executives hates the show. Just doesn't like it and was considering cancelling it after last season even with it's decent ratings. He finally reluctantly gave in and gave it another season but apparently he still is not a fan.

MagicGamer
03-24-2008, 05:35 PM
wow...Britney hasn't been that disappointing.
But this episode is too Ted-centric so far.

It's his series! It should be Ted centric ;)

chazbot
03-24-2008, 05:37 PM
It's his series! It should be Ted centric ;)

Well... having the others show up at the office was good.
And the 'stache bet!
I hadn't gotten there quite yet.

Mr. E!
03-24-2008, 05:40 PM
I had my reservations with the stunt casting, but Spears did a nice job. It was a fun episode all the way through.

"Magnum's here"

GrandeMaestro F√ľnke
03-24-2008, 05:54 PM
Great episode. Big improvement from last week. I really hope Chalke turns out to be the mother and becomes a regular once Scrubs ends.

bartleby
03-24-2008, 05:59 PM
I think maybe funnier than the actual episode was Sarah Chalke actually bringing her own white doctor's coat to the set.

Daniel K.
03-24-2008, 06:21 PM
One of the CBS executives hates the show. Just doesn't like it and was considering cancelling it after last season even with it's decent ratings. He finally reluctantly gave in and gave it another season but apparently he still is not a fan.

Well that's lame.

Ray G.
03-24-2008, 06:23 PM
If she is the mother, I bet her kid is at college already. It would fit with the timing. She's definitely not on that couch.

Fantastic episode.

MagicGamer
03-24-2008, 06:32 PM
Well that's lame.

It is. Like I said, I want him to fall off a building.

If she is the mother, I bet her kid is at college already. It would fit with the timing. She's definitely not on that couch.

Fantastic episode.

Yeah. Plus, she would already know how they met.

Briomega
03-24-2008, 06:34 PM
It is. Like I said, I want him to fall off a building.

Yeah. Plus, she would already know how they met.

Thing is, how does he tell the story of how they met? This obviously wasn't it or he'd have ended by saying "and that's how I met your mother". So they met before but he's telling this story first but not mentioning they met already? Just seems weird.

MagicGamer
03-24-2008, 06:40 PM
Thing is, how does he tell the story of how they met? This obviously wasn't it or he'd have ended by saying "and that's how I met your mother". So they met before but he's telling this story first but not mentioning they met already? Just seems weird.

I think the show will end after they're married (if it can go that long). It might even go further. Remember, Ted said he was going to tell his kids the whole story.

PhoenixFactor
03-24-2008, 06:40 PM
I normally don't like this show and rarely watch, but turned in tonight to see if Britney was gonna be a trainwreck. I was shocked how well she did in the show. She had me laughing. I second the notion that Sarah Chalke should be the mother. That thing Ted did at the end was simply great. Very cute and a bit romantic.

Briomega
03-24-2008, 06:52 PM
I think the show will end after they're married (if it can go that long). It might even go further. Remember, Ted said he was going to tell his kids the whole story.

Yeah but it still seems strange to me. Even if she's dead and that's why he's telling them the story, the kids would have to know she was a dermatologist right? So, if he's telling the story to them it would make sense for him to say the line since at this point hearing this story they'd have to know it's their mother.

I don't know. I just hope they don't have some gimmick show where they go back in the past to a time they met but then forgot they'd met and that's the story.

MagicGamer
03-24-2008, 06:55 PM
Yeah but it still seems strange to me. Even if she's dead and that's why he's telling them the story, the kids would have to know she was a dermatologist right? So, if he's telling the story to them it would make sense for him to say the line since at this point hearing this story they'd have to know it's their mother.

I don't know. I just hope they don't have some gimmick show where they go back in the past to a time they met but then forgot they'd met and that's the story.

Nah, I doubt it'll be anything like that. Maybe she just changed carriers or something. Don't think about it too hard until it's happened ;)

Scotty
03-24-2008, 06:55 PM
Loved the episode it's was so funny.

Briomega
03-24-2008, 06:57 PM
Nah, I doubt it'll be anything like that. Maybe she just changed carriers or something. Don't think about it too hard until it's happened ;)

What does her cell phone have to do with anything? :mistrust:

MagicGamer
03-24-2008, 06:58 PM
What does her cell phone have to do with anything? :mistrust:

Careers.

:surrend:

Briomega
03-24-2008, 06:58 PM
Careers.

:surrend:

:D

Dreaded Anomaly
03-24-2008, 07:46 PM

He and Dawn Ostroff should get together, and have kids with the worst taste in television ever.

I really hope Stella is the mother and Sarah Chalke becomes a regular on the show eventually. You would think that if she were the mother, that the kids would have some kind of clue that they have a much older half-sister, but who knows what happens between now and then.

XXXenophile
03-24-2008, 09:56 PM
That two minute date was literally one of the best things they've done.

Just utterly romantic.

But man they're letting their MST3K geek cred fly this episode. Plan 9 and Menos?

Simps
03-24-2008, 09:58 PM
Great episode, and the whole part with Barney and the mustaches was AMA (wait for it) ZING!

Caley Tibbittz
03-24-2008, 10:01 PM
This was a really well-written episode (except for Barney's bathroom break, which was a weak segue to commercial). Chalke was excellent, and Spears remains a funny presence in any comedic scene. I wish she'd do more comedic acting; she's really quite good at it. Her scene with Harris was a highlight.

FedEx Fanboy
03-24-2008, 10:13 PM
Great episode and Britney actually wasn't that annoying.

Too bad the 2-minute date segment was fucking retarded...

artimoff
03-24-2008, 10:16 PM
They really need to find something for Robin to do. Ted is the star, Barney is the breakaway character, Lilly & Marshal can just play off each other. Robin...?