PDA

View Full Version : Was Bendis given control of Marvel's Official Power Ratings?

Dreg
03-24-2008, 02:22 PM
http://http://www.marvel.com/universe/Spider_Woman

Spiderwoman is apparently all 7s. So she's as strong as the Hulk, as smart as Reed Richards, as fast as the Silver Surfer, as durable as the Juggernaut, and a better fighter than Captain America?

Also, the fuck's up with Wolverine being demoted from a 7 to a 6 in fighting? Don't you fuckers know that he can &&&&&&?! Marvel, you stand accused of being devourers of hope. How do you plead?

Ben
03-24-2008, 02:23 PM
Those numerical rating things are dumb.

TheTravis!
03-24-2008, 02:24 PM
Reading those things is just going to make you upset when Wolverine bench presses the moon and Reed Richards forgets his car keys.

Buk Was Right
03-24-2008, 02:25 PM

But how else will I know how they stack up against my Wizard, Elf Warrior, or 20th level Vice President?

greg donovan
http://http://www.marvel.com/universe/Spider_Woman

Spiderwoman is apparently all 7s. So she's as strong as the Hulk, as smart as Reed Richards, as fast as the Silver Surfer, as durable as the Juggernaut, and a better fighter than Captain America?

Also, the fuck's up with Wolverine being demoted from a 7 to a 6 in fighting? Don't you fuckers know that he can &&&&&&?! Marvel, you stand accused of being devourers of hope. How do you plead?

maybe these are the skrull version stats?

Hoggie
Rating superheros is a bad idea, because it sparks endless fanboy arguments like this one. Good thing you can discuss them on BenBo.

killingyouguy
03-24-2008, 02:26 PM

Don't you remember when she used her little sparky blasts to take out the Hulk, Reed Richards, Silver Surfer, Juggernaut and Cap in one hit. Oh wait... or was that just in Bendis' fantasies?

Caley Tibbittz
She's stronger than Spider-Man.

NickT
Stats like that can only work if you did it in a comparative way, which is near-impossible.

TheTravis!
03-24-2008, 02:27 PM
Don't you remember when she used her little sparky blasts to take out the Hulk, Reed Richards, Silver Surfer, Juggernaut and Cap in one hit. Oh wait... or was that just in Bendis' fantasies?

Probably the same issue where Sauron breathes fire.

Hahaha. That shit never gets old to me.

NickT
03-24-2008, 02:27 PM
It happened with action figures, Spaceballs-style :)

TheTravis!
03-24-2008, 02:28 PM
With stats like that, does anyone else think she was slumming by fighting Gypsy Moth and Daddy Long Legs all the time?

NickT
03-24-2008, 02:28 PM
With stats like that, does anyone else think she was slumming by fighting Gypsy Moth and Daddy Long Legs all the time?
Did Daddy Long Legs die after a few days?

Dreg
03-24-2008, 02:29 PM

They used to mean something, man. For the longest time, they were a huge reason I preferred Marvel over DC. See Superman, he could always be as strong as he wanted. He needs to benchpress planet Earth? No problem, he only needs somebody to spot him. But the Thing? He could lift 85 tons. No more, no less. And he would never be as strong as the Hulk.

These days, though, Marvel's just as bad. Luke Cage could be stronger or weaker than Spidey on any given day, Quicksilver may or may not be able to hit lightspeed, and Wolverine can be about as battle savvy as a tunafish sandwich.

THIS IS WHY THEY SHOULD ALWAYS MAKE TRADING CARDS. To make people pay attention. That and so my bike wheels make noise.

Caley Tibbittz
03-24-2008, 02:29 PM
Did Daddy Long Legs die after a few days?

:rofl:

TheTravis!
03-24-2008, 02:30 PM
They used to mean something, man. For the longest time, they were a huge reason I preferred Marvel over DC. See Superman, he could always be as strong as he wanted. He needs to benchpress planet Earth? No problem, he only needs somebody to spot him. But the Thing? He could lift 85 tons. No more, no less. And he would never be as strong as the Hulk.

These days, though, Marvel's just as bad. Luke Cage could be stronger or weaker than Spidey on any given day, Quicksilver may or may not be able to hit lightspeed, and Wolverine can be about as battle savvy as a tunafish sandwich.

Skrulls.
Chaos Magic.
Mephisto.

I just earned all the no-prizes in the world, and Joe Quesada has to give me a blumpkin.

Dreg
03-24-2008, 02:35 PM
Skrulls.
Chaos Magic.
Mephisto.

I just earned all the no-prizes in the world, and Joe Quesada has to give me a blumpkin.

What's Joe Quesada's blumpkin rating?

Ben
03-24-2008, 02:36 PM

THIS IS WHY THEY SHOULD ALWAYS MAKE TRADING CARDS. To make people pay attention. That and so my bike wheels make noise.You really think the writers consulted the trading cards when plotting? These ratings were always fan wanks.

Special Agent Bachman
03-24-2008, 02:40 PM
You really think the writers consulted the trading cards when plotting? These ratings were always fan wanks.

Tell that to my complete set of Marvel Universe Series 2 trading cards!!

Dreg
03-24-2008, 02:46 PM
You really think the writers consulted the trading cards when plotting? These ratings were always fan wanks.

Have you read a Bendis or Geoff Johns comic these days? It's ALL fan wank. Professional and entertaining fan wank, but slippery nonetheless.

Glixy
03-24-2008, 02:48 PM
It happened with action figures, Spaceballs-style :)

KNOCK! KNOCK FIRST!

Buk Was Right
03-24-2008, 02:50 PM
Tell that to my complete set of Marvel Universe Series 2 trading cards!!

With holograms? WITH HOLOGRAMS?!?!?!?!

Special Agent Bachman
03-24-2008, 02:52 PM
With holograms? WITH HOLOGRAMS?!?!?!?!

Only one hologram, actually; I don't have each one of those.

Ben
03-24-2008, 02:55 PM
Have you read a Bendis or Geoff Johns comic these days? It's ALL fan wank. Professional and entertaining fan wank, but slippery nonetheless.They're fine. If you're really having this kind of problem with the comics, they're not for you and you should move on and read something else.

Dreg
03-24-2008, 03:04 PM
They're fine. If you're really having this kind of problem with the comics, they're not for you and you should move on and read something else.

You shut up! Comics only hurt me because they love me.

Lemonade Lady
03-24-2008, 03:36 PM
But the Thing? He could lift 85 tons. No more, no less.

*Just back from checking Fantastic Four Omnibus*

Way back in Fantastic Four #18 the Skrulls determined that the the absolute limit the Thing could lift was 5 tons.

He got Supermanned a long time ago.

Scotty
03-24-2008, 03:40 PM

I dunno when I was a kid I was all into it.

Arion
03-24-2008, 03:44 PM
Skrulls.
Chaos Magic.
Mephisto.

He won't give you a blumpkin...

Foolish Mortal
03-24-2008, 03:48 PM
Marvel doesn't control the website ratings and bios. They are written and compiled by a group of fanboy types.

Dreaded Anomaly
03-24-2008, 03:54 PM
The real question is... was Bendis given control of the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers?

http://www.rpi.edu/~pedrok/bendon.jpg

The Zevad
03-24-2008, 04:21 PM
She's stronger than Spider-Man.

No she is not!

The most accurate power ratings are Series 2 and 3 of the marvel trading cards. Ahhhh the 90's. Though I got to admit I LOVED getting those trading cards. Any other fans of those here?

Only one hologram, actually; I don't have each one of those.

I only got one as well. Alas.

Jonathan Callan
03-24-2008, 05:39 PM
You shut up! Comics only hurt me because they love me.

Weirdly, I agree with the crazy fanboy here (though not about the trading cards). Good fiction has rules and I'd like to have a general sense of this stuff.

TheTravis!
03-24-2008, 06:02 PM
*Just back from checking Fantastic Four Omnibus*

Way back in Fantastic Four #18 the Skrulls determined that the the absolute limit the Thing could lift was 5 tons.

He got Supermanned a long time ago.

That was about twenty-seven transformations and cosmic ray exposures ago, though. He was up to Class 100 during his "Spiky Thing" days.

Dreg
03-24-2008, 07:08 PM
That was about twenty-seven transformations and cosmic ray exposures ago, though. He was up to Class 100 during his "Spiky Thing" days.

I'm saddened by the fact that I don't recall pineapple Thing ever taking on the Hulk.

Foolish Mortal
03-24-2008, 08:34 PM
I'm saddened by the fact that I don't recall pineapple Thing ever taking on the Hulk.
He fought "Mr. Fixit" Hulk twice. Once during the daytime (When the Gray Hulk is weaker) and Ben beat him.

They fought again at night time, and Fixit won.

Dreg
03-24-2008, 09:36 PM
He fought "Mr. Fixit" Hulk twice. Once during the daytime (When the Gray Hulk is weaker) and Ben beat him.

They fought again at night time, and Fixit won.

Was Fixit ever Class 100 at night?

Foolish Mortal
03-24-2008, 09:40 PM
Fixit Hulk could get stronger when he got angrier just like the regular Hulk. So yes he could get to Class 100 pretty quick if he got ticked off.

TheTravis!
03-25-2008, 08:16 AM

No, but he was smart and sneaky and mean, which is how he beat Ben even when Ben was stronger.