PDA

View Full Version : Fox renews PRISON BREAK

bartleby
03-24-2008, 01:33 PM
Fox reups 'Prison Break'

Drama returns for fourth season

By MICHAEL SCHNEIDER

Fox has extended "Prison Break's" sentence by another season.

Having seen its third season cut short by the writers strike, "Prison Break" will now be back for a fourth go-round. Fox has ordered as many as 23 episodes from 20th Century Fox TV, insiders said.

Fox aired 12 segs of "Prison Break" this season, averaging 8.2 million viewers and a 3.5 rating/9 share among adults 18-49.

Third season of "Prison Break" revolved around the show's main characters breaking out of a Panama prison. The show's exec producers had crafted a mid-year cliffhanger at the end of the show's 12th episode; that ended up serving as a de facto series finale.

Now, season four will pick up with the characters having escaped prison, and Michael (Wentworth Miller) seeking revenge against the people who killed his love interest. Domic Purcell stars as Miller's brother, Lincoln Burrows.

Paul T. Scheuring created "Prison Break" and exec produces with Matt Olmstead, Marty Adelstein, Dawn Parouse, Neal H. Moritz, Kevin Hooks and Brett Ratner. Adelson-Parouse Prods. produces with 20th.

Also Monday, CBS announced a handful of sked changes, including the return of "Shark," which will air Tuesdays at 9 p.m. starting April 29 (with four more episodes) and "The Price Is Right Million Dollar Spectacular," which will air as four primetime specials on Wednesday nights at 8 p.m. beginning April 30.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117982817.html?categoryid=14&cs=1

Caley Tibbittz
03-24-2008, 01:34 PM
Seriously? I gave up on this crappy show before the first season was over. I genuinely surprised enough people watch it to justify its continued existence...

Ben
03-24-2008, 01:34 PM
What about Sucre!?

thatguyfromsyracuse
03-24-2008, 01:36 PM
Great! I still like this show, and like Ben said, now Sucre is stuck in that hellhole!!

McAfee
03-24-2008, 01:37 PM
I liked season 3 more than 2 (much more), but the show still has yet to live up to the first. I'd like to hear how they're going to round out the show at this point. Dude can't keep getting thrown in jail for another 2 or 3 seasons.

bartleby
Seriously? I gave up on this crappy show before the first season was over. I genuinely surprised enough people watch it to justify its continued existence...

They keep renewing it just to piss off the handful of people who are still angry over the network canceling ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT and FIREFLY.

Foolish Mortal
Not a real surprise since FOX said awhile back they were going to continue their plans for the Prison Break spinoff.

It wouldn't make much sense to cancel the show the spinoff series would be spinning off of.

Ben
They keep renewing it just to piss off the handful of people who are still angry over the network canceling ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT and FIREFLY.That's why I keep watching it.

Ben
03-24-2008, 01:38 PM
Not a real surprise since FOX said awhile back they were going to continue their plans for the Prison Break spinoff.

I wouldn't make much sense to cancel the show the spinoff series would be spinning off of.SciFi doesn't seem to have a problem with canceling BSG while greenlighting its spin-off.

NickT
03-24-2008, 01:39 PM
Didn't see much of S3 because of it moving to a different channel, but I liked the first two seasons and what I saw of 3.

Caley Tibbittz
03-24-2008, 01:39 PM
They keep renewing it just to piss off the handful of people who are still angry over the network canceling ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT and FIREFLY.
Hell, John Doe was fifty times better. And it was John Doe...

Foolish Mortal
03-24-2008, 01:40 PM
SciFi doesn't seem to have a problem with canceling BSG while greenlighting its spin-off.
Well that's Sci-Fi. They do a lot of things that don't make sense.

bartleby
03-24-2008, 01:40 PM

I wouldn't make much sense to cancel the show the spinoff series would be spinning off of.

It wouldn't not make sense. I wouldn't think that the spinoff show is going have any strong ties to the original's storyline, so Fox wouldn't need one to make the other work.

Kman00001
03-24-2008, 01:52 PM
Cool. I really enjoy this show. It feels very comic book-y.

Foolish Mortal
03-24-2008, 01:53 PM
It wouldn't not make sense. I wouldn't think that the spinoff show is going have any strong ties to the original's storyline, so Fox wouldn't need one to make the other work.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=38664

Fox to Spin-Off Prison Break
Source: The Hollywood Reporter
October 24, 2007

Fox is looking to spin-off "Prison Break" with the tentatively titled "Prison Break: Cherry Hill," says The Hollywood Reporter. The potential new series would be set at a women's prison and center on Molly, a new regular character that will be introduced on "Prison" later this season.

Fox has ordered a script of the possible spin-off, which is being written by "Prison" executive producer Matt Olmstead and co-executive producer Zack Estrin and produced by 20th Century Fox TV.

Molly is an upper-middle-class wife. After suffering a family tragedy at the hands of the Company -- the government conspiracy that framed Michael (Wentworth Miller) and Lincoln (Dominic Purcell) and put them behind bars -- she seeks them out at the hellish Panamanian prison Sona in her quest to exact vengeance.

In "Cherry Hill," which would have the same tone as "Prison," Molly goes to a women's detention facility fully accepting the life sentence for her acts of revenge until she is contacted by the government with information that some of her loved ones are alive.

If "Cherry Hill" doesn't go forward, Molly will continue on "Prison" as a regular character.
They planned on introducing the main character of the spinoff show on Prison Break, and also use the same bad guys from Prison Break.

If they want the same audience to watch the new show, I can't them embracing it if they don't resolve all the plots in the original show. So they're going to have to bring back the original for at least one more season.

Caley Tibbittz
03-24-2008, 02:07 PM
Cherry Hill? Seriously?

killingyouguy
03-24-2008, 02:10 PM
Fox is looking to spin-off "Prison Break" with the tentatively titled "Prison Break: Cherry Hill," says The Hollywood Reporter. The potential new series would be set at a women's prison and center on Molly, a new regular character that will be introduced on "Prison" later this season.

Finally! The seventies are back! Either Roger Corman or Tarantino must be producing this.

Thomas Mauer
03-24-2008, 02:29 PM
Nice, I liked season 3 for what it was. I just hope that season 4 will be the last season. The "one season on the inside", "one season on the outside" switcheroo can't be sustained THAT long.

Buk Was Right
03-24-2008, 02:49 PM

Maybe if we start some online petitions they'll bring those shows back!

Thomas Mauer
03-24-2008, 03:13 PM
Maybe if we start some online petitions they'll bring those shows back!

Yes, we should! What about Drive and Smith? :ecstatic:

VitoDGK
03-24-2008, 03:25 PM
Cherry Hill? hahaha.

Thomas Mauer
03-24-2008, 03:30 PM
Cherry Hill? hahaha.

There will be at least one Fanny Hill/Benny Hill joke per episode. :)

eroz
03-24-2008, 03:41 PM
What is Cherry Hill? Is that an actual prison?

Thomas Mauer
03-24-2008, 03:45 PM
What is Cherry Hill? Is that an actual prison?

Kinda doubt it considering that Fox River was a fake prison filmed on location in Joliet and they never called it Joliet

Thudpucker
03-24-2008, 04:18 PM
It's still an interesting show but i hope this is the last season. I don't know If I'd want to watch him break out of a 3rd Prison for season 5.