PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only fucking idiot watching "Beauty and the Geek"?

TheTravis!
06-01-2005, 04:53 PM
What a fucking trainwreck.

And yet, I can't seem to stop watching.

alexlannin
06-01-2005, 04:54 PM
What's this?

Shane W
06-01-2005, 04:55 PM
Is this on MTV or something?

TheTravis!
06-01-2005, 04:58 PM
WB. A bunch of hot chicks paired up with the biggest nerds they could find. Forced to compete against other "couples" and do quizzes based on the others' interests.

It's goddamned horrible.

WAKKAJAWAKKA
06-01-2005, 05:06 PM
My Cable Is Out, So I'll Probobly end Up Watching It. I Don't Have Many Alternatives. I Did Laugh At The Promo Where That Chick Said Columbus Sailed The Ocean Blue In 1942, Or Something Like That.

Wayno.

Bill Nolan
06-01-2005, 05:21 PM
Total genius. The perfect summer season show. I felt bad for that one geek when his "beauty" hooked up with one of the other geeks...

- Bill

alexlannin
06-01-2005, 05:24 PM
Total genius. The perfect summer season show. I felt bad for that one geek when his "beauty" hooked up with one of the other geeks...

- Bill
So they hook up on the show?
This sounds priceless, but I'm sure I'll regret it if I watch.

Mr. E!
06-01-2005, 05:27 PM

No wonder you're so fucking pissy all the time.

TheTravis!
06-01-2005, 05:29 PM
No wonder you're so fucking pissy all the time.

What are you talking about, cockwhore? I'm Susie Motherfucking Sunshine.

:)

Great sig quote, BTW.

LordKinbote
06-01-2005, 05:30 PM
My Cable Is Out, So I'll Probobly end Up Watching It. I Don't Have Many Alternatives. I Did Laugh At The Promo Where That Chick Said Columbus Sailed The Ocean Blue In 1942, Or Something Like That.

Wayno.

Much, much, MUCH less funny than the scene in which one girl is asked "Who was the president during the Civil War?" She thinks for a while, answers Hoover. She is then told the correct answer is Abraham Lincoln and she shouts "Oh! D-Day!"

Mr. E!
06-01-2005, 05:37 PM
What are you talking about, cockwhore? I'm Susie Motherfucking Sunshine.

:)

Great sig quote, BTW.

You're the first one to get it, and I've had it for 2 weeks!
And I'm not a cockwhore!
I don't get paid for it....

Ben
06-01-2005, 05:43 PM
Much, much, MUCH less funny than the scene in which one girl is asked "Who was the president during the Civil War?" She thinks for a while, answers Hoover. She is then told the correct answer is Abraham Lincoln and she shouts "Oh! D-Day!"
I don't get it. What does "Day" mean and why is it funny that she said it? Is it just a dumb non-sequitur?

TheTravis!
06-01-2005, 05:44 PM
I don't get it. What does "Day" mean and why is it funny that she said it? Is it just a dumb non-sequitur?
"D-Day". Not a stutter. The historical event.

alexlannin
06-01-2005, 08:13 PM
I watched it, it was priceless.

Angel
06-01-2005, 09:10 PM
i told myself that i wasn't going to watch this thing, but i ended up watching the whole episode. i feel bad for that medical student who keeps getting the nose bleeds.

alexlannin
06-01-2005, 09:11 PM
i told myself that i wasn't going to watch this thing, but i ended up watching the whole episode. i feel bad for that medical student who keeps getting the nose bleeds.
That guy needs to get his nose cauterized.

Shwicaz
06-01-2005, 09:12 PM
is this the show that is advertised as 'from the twisted mind of Ashton Kutcher'??

I took a pass on it.

alexlannin
06-01-2005, 09:13 PM
is this the show that is advertised as 'from the twisted mind of Ashton Kutcher'??

I took a pass on it.
Is it? I didn't hear that. It's still priceless...there's one guy who's incredibly skinny but wears big pants with a tight belt. It makes his pockets balloon out like riding pants and it looks flat out ridiculous.

Shwicaz
06-01-2005, 09:15 PM
Is it? I didn't hear that.

Yup:

“Beauty and the Geek” (8 p.m., WB)
Ashton Kutcher, the king of the cable TV pranks, and his “Punk’d” partner Jason Goldberg want you to know that “Beauty and the Geek” is not a joke. Nor is it a cruel hoax, an unpleasant surprise waiting to happen, or anything like that. “It’s a social experiment,” is how Goldberg described it at a recent WB presentation in New York. “With hot chicks!” Kutcher chimed in.

alexlannin
06-01-2005, 09:16 PM
Yup:

“Beauty and the Geek” (8 p.m., WB)
Ashton Kutcher, the king of the cable TV pranks, and his “Punk’d” partner Jason Goldberg want you to know that “Beauty and the Geek” is not a joke. Nor is it a cruel hoax, an unpleasant surprise waiting to happen, or anything like that. “It’s a social experiment,” is how Goldberg described it at a recent WB presentation in New York. “With hot chicks!” Kutcher chimed in.
I still liked it...I'm lame...

PeterSparker
06-01-2005, 09:18 PM
Yeah I watched some of it, it does suck you in, and that D-Day line was hysterical.

WinterRose
06-02-2005, 03:10 AM

I certainly hope you're the only one watching. Wouldn't it be a nicer world if this was true?

Rick_O
06-02-2005, 06:09 AM
This show is hilarious if only cause these people are so out there. the chicks are smokin but most are shallow an stupid. sOme of the guys don't seem like nerds to me and c'mon what girl isn't gonna love a future doctor although the nosebleeds don't help him.

WAKKAJAWAKKA
06-02-2005, 06:11 AM

Haha, That's Awesome.

Wayno.

exray
06-22-2005, 10:32 PM
Bump!

Figured I'd just find an old thread about this show.

Anybody watch it tonight? I think it should be required viewing for many a young fanboy.

x

Blandy vs Terrorism
06-22-2005, 11:48 PM
Thanks for giving me another reason to not watch tv, Travis. :D

TRILL, THE CARBON BASED LIFEFORM
06-23-2005, 03:12 AM
I saw about 5 minutes of "I want to be a Hilton" last night. Then I shoved a chop stick up my nostril in the hopes that it'd destroy the memory center of my brain.

Bill Nolan
06-23-2005, 04:11 AM
Maybe I needed a bigger TV to notice any perceptible difference between pre- and post-makeover Richard. He looked about the same to me. All the other guys did look a bit better, but they quickly backslid back to their usual looks. Chuck pretending to be gay to get more women's numbers was great. And Mindi is turning out to be quite intelligent for a "beauty"... too bad she's saddled with Richard, who does nothing but make a target out of their team. His antics force them into the elimination room every week and she has to save his ass each time.

- Bill

SteveZegers
06-23-2005, 04:32 AM
Isn't it on opposite "Dancing with the Stars"? No way!

Yano
06-23-2005, 04:46 AM
Of course I'm watching it. I have nothing better to do with my time on the road.

Love it when the challenge was to get women's phone numbers and the one geek pretended he was gay and won.

I actually think the show is kinda cute, though they're slowing getting rid of the 'cute' nerds and I'm afraid we'll only be left with the annoying Screech one.

DrMachine
06-23-2005, 04:49 AM
first I've heard of it