PDA

View Full Version : Do you want the big 3 back together?

Grandpa
03-19-2008, 07:16 AM
Do you want the big 3 back together?

Iron Man, Cap and Thor.

Do you want them to eventually go back to the way things were, all on the Avengers?

Ryudo
03-19-2008, 07:18 AM
As long as Tony Stark is on the Avengers, Thor won't be on the Avengers.

Their confrontation proved that much.

JABSEN
03-19-2008, 07:19 AM
Wait, they were polyamorous?

Gregory
03-19-2008, 07:20 AM

Iron Man = evil
Cap = dead
Thor = reverse-Superman

Nope, don't care to see it.

nick maynard
03-19-2008, 07:21 AM
i would love to see some sort of story that FORCES iron man and thor together, with either the new cap or the invaders cap. and then afterwards, tony is left feeling insanely miserable about it.

shit, maybe that will happen in this mighty avengers arc.

Fake Pat
03-19-2008, 07:22 AM
Not on a regular basis.

Nick Spencer
03-19-2008, 07:27 AM
Just like DC's big three, they work better pitted against each other.

WilliamRichard1985
03-19-2008, 07:28 AM
All of there solo books are kicking ass,so it doesn't matter to me!

The Dean
03-19-2008, 07:34 AM
I'd like to see them together again however the possibility has been nearly written out.

GelfXIII
03-19-2008, 07:35 AM
I thought this thread was about ABC, CBS, and NBC.

Tyeron
03-19-2008, 08:58 AM
yes yes i would.. but i want to see how captain bucky holds up alongside them.. i want steve to stay dead.. i think it would be pretty interesting to try the old formula with slightly different ingredients...

i'd definitely be down.. hell add hank pym and hawkeye into the mix.. and i might buy two

Taxman
03-19-2008, 08:59 AM
As long as Tony Stark is on the Avengers, Thor won't be on the Avengers.

Their confrontation proved that much.That wasn't a Skrull then?

BTW, your conclusion is completely wrong. I don't know how far in the future it might be, but you will be proven wrong.

John M. Coker (Johnny C.)
03-19-2008, 08:22 PM
Not really. Honestly, I'd rather see them leading different teams than being on the same team again.

Dusty
03-19-2008, 08:38 PM
I would like to see the Avengers return to how they used to be, yes, and with Steve Rogers leading the team, but even though Thor is my favorite character, I never cared for him being tied down to Earth. His Asgardian adventures are just so much better.

Jerome Gibbons
03-19-2008, 08:41 PM
Iron Man and Thor, yeah. Cap, no. Because I'd like him to stay dead.

But yeah, I'd like to see Tony and Thor patch things up a little.

John M. Coker (Johnny C.)
03-19-2008, 08:43 PM
I'd love to see Captain America leading the Avengers someday, eventually. But James Barnes, not Steve Rogers.

ZombieSpeedball
03-19-2008, 08:46 PM
I can't see them putting things back together like that without doing a reboot or something.

BCD
03-19-2008, 09:03 PM
616 Thor has never really interested me, and after being introduced to Millar's Ultimate Thor that has only been intensified.

What went down between Tony and Thor post-CW? Was it intelligent or was it more of the shallow, Tony is the devil and everyone on the anti-reg side is a flawless angel bs?

Chris McCarver
03-19-2008, 09:16 PM
616 Thor has never really interested me, and after being introduced to Millar's Ultimate Thor that has only been intensified.

What went down between Tony and Thor post-CW? Was it intelligent or was it more of the shallow, Tony is the devil and everyone on the anti-reg side is a flawless angel bs?

As I recall...

Tony came down to Oklahoma (sounds like the beginning of a Garth Brooks song) to basically lay out the current state of all things superhuman and how Thor should register and they should all "get back to work." Thor basically handed Tony's ass to him and told him in no uncertain terms how he felt about Clor, and told him if he dared direct the Initiative or the government against him or Asgard that he'd unleash his full power and rage on the U.S., making damn sure Tony knew what that meant. Tony then backpedaled and said he could sell it to the U.S. government that Asgard was a foreign nation and not subject to SHRA authority. Thor said he could do whatever the hell he wanted and left.

Suffice to say, Thor's got no interest anymore in Earthly superhuman squabbles and is concentrating on finding his fellow Asgardians, who were all transformed into unknowing humans following the end of the previous Thor series.

Jason California
03-19-2008, 09:16 PM

Thor really did not care about the registration act to much. It was the fact that Tony cloned Thor and made some monstrosity in his name that is what pissed him off.

Kefky
03-19-2008, 09:24 PM
Eh, it'll happen eventually. No need to rush.

dEnny!
03-19-2008, 09:25 PM

Iron Man, Cap and Thor.

Do you want them to eventually go back to the way things were, all on the Avengers?

I see you are trying new areas out. Glad to see it. Hope you enjoy the Bendis Board, it really is a great place.

Matt Jay
03-19-2008, 09:34 PM
Nope. Cap and Iron Man maybe. Someday.

Chris McCarver
03-19-2008, 09:38 PM
Think it's too far gone personally. I say that fully aware that any future Marvel writer and/or editor who (for want of a better phrase) wants the old magic back will put things back eventually, but for me I think the damage is well and truly done.

THWIP!
03-19-2008, 09:38 PM
Since when are Iron Man, Thor, and Cap the big three?

S. Earl
03-19-2008, 10:50 PM
Oh, I thought this was about the late 90s oakland A's.

Special Agent Bachman
03-19-2008, 10:53 PM
Fuck it, I just want Bucky Cap on the NA team.

Albert
03-19-2008, 10:56 PM
Suffice to say, Thor's got no interest anymore in Earthly superhuman squabbles and is concentrating on finding his fellow Asgardians, who were all transformed into unknowing humans following the end of the previous Thor series.

I haven't been reading Thor, but that sounds similar to The Eternals mini-series.

Jason California
03-19-2008, 11:15 PM
I haven't been reading Thor, but that sounds similar to The Eternals mini-series.

The original Thor comeback was to have been from Gaiman. JMS took parts of that treatment and made his own from what I understand.

MAK15
03-19-2008, 11:57 PM

Iron Man, Cap and Thor.

NO.
things are interesting now.
don't.
fuck it up.