PDA

View Full Version : This is probably the best time to be an X-Men reader

Masculine Todd
03-17-2008, 03:48 PM
Granted, I'm 20 and have only been reading X-Titles since the mid-'90s, but never (since I've been a reader) has the entire line been so universally wonderful. Brubaker (and soon Fraction) and Choi (and so Land/Dodson) on Uncanny, Carey and Eaton on X-Men, Whedon and Cassaday (soon to be Ellis and Bianchi) on Astonishing, Yost/Kyle and Crain making X-Force a respectible title, PAD behind yet another brilliant extended X-Factor run, the fantastic New X-Men becoming Young X-Men, helmed by the greatly talented Marc Guggenheim, a solid Cable solo book with a strong centralized purpose/theme, Aaron and Garney rocking Wolverine's solo book, a very interesting Angel miniseries in the works from the phenomenal Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa and a BKV/Risso Wolverine mini. The X-Books are in great shape.

joeAR
03-17-2008, 03:52 PM
Ever since Brubaker took over Uncanny and Carrey took over X-Men with Kyle/Yost on New X-Men and David on X-factor the X-Books have been fantastic. Can't wait too see what comes next.

Joe Henderson
03-17-2008, 03:53 PM
Yeah, I'm loving it. And really hoping Aaron pops back onto Wolverine when Millar's done.

Ray G.
I think it's one of the best times to be a comic reader in general.

Sooooo much good stuff going on, on both sides, as well as outside. I'm reading so many awesome books it's scary. :)

Ryan F
Definitely the best since the mid-80s. I'd probably take Claremont/Paul Smith Uncanny + early New Mutants + Claremont/Miller Wolverine first, but, considering how many books there are right now, these are pretty good times.

Ryudo
I'd have loved to see what would have happened if Kelly and Seagle had stayed on, way back in the day.

I am also a huge Lobdell fan.

But I definitely check out UXM and X-Factor, and will start reading X-Force.

Masculine Todd
03-17-2008, 03:59 PM
I'd have loved to see what would have happened if Kelly and Seagle had stayed on, way back in the day.

But I definitely check out UXM and X-Factor, and will start reading X-Force.

Kelly and Seagle's time with the X-Franchise was tragically cut short. I remember it was the late '90s and 11 year old Todd, for the first time, started to distinguish between actual quality in superhero comics and loving superhero books for the novelty of superheroes. It was a strong run and they had some good ideas. I wasn't too high on Lobdell, though.

Masculine Todd
03-17-2008, 04:01 PM

Sooooo much good stuff going on, on both sides, as well as outside. I'm reading so many awesome books it's scary. :)

I agree whole-heartedly. Superhero titles have never been more sophisticated and relatable. Vertigo is rocking a strong stable of titles. Image is at a creative peak. That's only a fraction of the great stuff. I love being a comic reader.

Ryudo
03-17-2008, 04:03 PM
Kelly and Seagle's time with the X-Franchise was tragically cut short. I remember it was the late '90s and 11 year old Todd, for the first time, started to distinguish between actual quality in superhero comics and loving superhero books for the novelty of superheroes. It was a strong run and they had some good ideas. I wasn't too high on Lobdell, though.

Yeah... freaking editorial. They hyped the shit out of their run, they were gonna do a crossover and everything, even did an awesome article in Wizard, and then they quit or got fired... whichever. Sucks.

But they do get massive props for starting the reintegration of (old) Excalibur into the main x-books (bringing back Nightcrawler, Shadowcat, and Colossus).

bradical
03-17-2008, 04:04 PM
Definitely the best since the mid-80s. I'd probably take Claremont/Paul Smith Uncanny + early New Mutants + Claremont/Miller Wolverine first, but, considering how many books there are right now, these are pretty good times.

i agree. these days do have lots of promise.

joeAR
03-17-2008, 04:05 PM
I agree whole-heartedly. Superhero titles have never been more sophisticated and relatable. Vertigo is rocking a strong stable of titles. Image is at a creative peak. That's only a fraction of the great stuff. I love being a comic reader.

I swear to god, you're a younger well gay version of myself.

Patrick J
03-17-2008, 04:11 PM
Overall, yeah... I concur...

While I can't say anything is as good as the stuff Morrison was doing with the X-Men, right now the entire line of X-Books are good right now. And each book has a quality to it that it only supports the other titles as well.

For the first time... ever? At least in my lifetime I'm compelled to read almost every book on the X-Men line.

But then, I would say the same about EVERYTHING Marvel is currently publishing. Just about everything is solid from the Avengers books, to Fantastic Four, Captain America to Thor and even Spider-Man is a high quality read despite all the sound and fury that's taken us to where Spidey currently is at.

Overall, its the best time to be a Marvel reader, at least since I've been alive and reading comics regularly.

NickT
03-17-2008, 04:14 PM
I dunno just yet, I wouldn't claim that until all the books have got into their new directions and stuff. Pre-MC was gold, so I assume it will carry on.

PhilipClark
03-17-2008, 04:14 PM
I'll take your word for it.

For some reason I can't get into Bru's and Carey's runs; and I like Mike Carey as a writer. I think his first X-arc has been collected in TPB finally, so I'll give it a shot.

I can't get into any of the auxillary X-titles (New X-men, Wolverine, etc.) at all.

Very sorry to see Whedon's run on Astonishing ending. I fear I won't be following it after he and Cassady leave.

Fake Pat
03-17-2008, 04:16 PM
Pretty much. I can't stand Bianchi, but I like Ellis enough to still at least try AXM part deux.

And my hatred for Land is just slightly edged out by my love of Fraction. So I'll be getting Uncanny too. (Pixie helps.)

X-Force is way better than I ever thought it would be, and Cabla had a solid first ish.

And I cannot wait for "Old Man Logan". I'm actually more excited for that than SI.

Pat Loika
03-17-2008, 04:19 PM
And I cannot wait for "Old Man Logan". I'm actually more excited for that than SI.

Wait till you read SI # 1.

Yeah, the X-Men books are pretty damn good right now. I've been able to get people who dropped out to come back to the books, which I thought was impossible.

P.

Fake Pat
03-17-2008, 04:20 PM
Wait till you read SI # 1.

Yeah, the X-Men books are pretty damn good right now. I've been able to get people who dropped out to come back to the books, which I thought was impossible.

P.

Like I said, I'm gonna add a LAND book to my pull list. Impossible went out the window last weekend.

;)

niceguyeddie
03-17-2008, 04:30 PM
there is some good stuff going on with the x books.

Jef UK
03-17-2008, 04:36 PM
Like I said, I'm gonna add a LAND book to my pull list. Impossible went out the window last weekend.

;)

Soon, you'll be purchasing Loeb and Land on Punisher War Journal!

Up is down! Black is white!

Fake Pat
03-17-2008, 04:38 PM
Soon, you'll be purchasing Loeb and Land on Punisher War Journal!

Up is down! Black is white!

Hey, Loeb/McG Hulk is seriously already my second favorite book on the market. (behind A*Supes, just barely ahead of PWJ)

That cracking sound sound you're hearing? Don't worry. That's just hell freezing over.

Lemonade Lady
03-17-2008, 04:41 PM
I don't know if anything will ever top the Claremont/Cockrum/Byrne era of X-Men. The most memorable stories come straight from there and they've seen a lot of imitations since.

Fake Pat
03-17-2008, 04:42 PM
I don't know if anything will ever top the Claremont/Cockrum/Byrne era of X-Men. The most memorable stories come straight from there and they've seen a lot of imitations since.

Parts of Morrison's (mostly the parts with Quitely) and AXM are better.

And as a line, the X-books are pretty fucking unbeatable right now (and it's only gonna be better by the summer).

GrandeMaestro Fünke
03-17-2008, 04:42 PM
All X-books are pretty solid. Although I'm not too happy about some of the upcoming art changes, and still don't understand why New X-Men was ended.

rwsmith
03-17-2008, 04:43 PM
I agree, but I'm only reading Astonishing, Uncanny, X-Force and the two Wolverine books. I tried X-men: Legacy, X-Factor and Cable but found them pretty bland. And I have no interest in Young X-men. But four out of the five X-books that I do buy are all great at the moment (Wolverine: Origins has gotten better, but it's not great IMO).

Fake Pat
03-17-2008, 04:45 PM
All X-books are pretty solid. Although I'm not too happy about some of the upcoming art changes, and still don't understand why New X-Men was ended.

I think after Uncanny #500 it might make a little more sense.

If they did it to allow at least some of the characters to move up the ranks, I say it's worth it.

Happy Time Harry
03-17-2008, 04:50 PM
Yeah... freaking editorial. They hyped the shit out of their run, they were gonna do a crossover and everything, even did an awesome article in Wizard, and then they quit or got fired... whichever. Sucks.

But they do get massive props for starting the reintegration of (old) Excalibur into the main x-books (bringing back Nightcrawler, Shadowcat, and Colossus).

That was Claremont in his 1st, brief (and terrible) return to the title. The Neo.... ugh.

But Todd is correct. The line has really come together over the past few months & has got me excited again. As an avid X-reader for over 20 years, I've been waiting a lot time for this.

Kefky
03-17-2008, 05:01 PM
Like with everything marvel and DC are doing these days, I'm kinda meh on the general direction of things, but the talent keeps me coming back.

Fake Pat
03-17-2008, 05:05 PM
Like with everything marvel and DC are doing these days, I'm kinda meh on the general direction of things, but the talent keeps me coming back.

Yeah, like the actual books or not, you gotta admit that the X-office is fucking STACKED creator-wise.

Ellis
Millar
Brubaker
Fraction
Peter David
Carey
Kyle+Yost
McNiven
Bianchi
Olivetti
Crain
Dodson
Land

Kefky
03-17-2008, 05:07 PM
Yeah, like the actual books or not, you gotta admit that the X-office is fucking STACKED creator-wise.

Ellis
Millar
Brubaker
Fraction
Peter David
Carey
Kyle+Yost
McNiven
Bianchi
Olivetti
Crain
Dodson
Land

W-why'd you put Land in there? Stop it! You reminded me I'm gonna be forced to buy a book he drew! :cry:

Fake Pat
03-17-2008, 05:08 PM
W-why'd you put Land in there? Stop it! You reminded me I'm gonna be forced to buy a book he drew! :cry:

Look, I'm in the same boat.

The sooner we learn to accept it, the sooner we'll be able to stop hating ourselves for it.

Come on! Do it for Fraction! DO IT FOR PIXIE!!!

edit: also I had to put him in that list, cuz the man sells books. clearly somebody likes him.

HOOKS
03-17-2008, 05:17 PM
I've been reading the X-Men since the early 80's, and I agree somewhat.

While Morrison's NEW X-MEN remains my favorite run period, this is the best time in terms of quality AND quantity. There isn't one throw-away book in the bunch, yet.

Either way, I think we can all agree Ellis' ASTONISHING X-MEN: SECOND STAGE will be great.

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g123/frog-pond/astroxmen_full.jpg

Xorn
03-17-2008, 05:20 PM
I am not quite sure if I really enjoy that there are only 200 mutants left, I liked Morrisons approach with an evergrowing mutant population, though it lacks the the dispised and feared by everyone arc that made the x-men so compelling in the first place. Still, I enjoy the three core titles. while in the past one of the books was still not as solid as the flagship, there was alsways an odd man out. but I am reading the franchise only for like 8 years or so.

Fake Pat
03-17-2008, 05:21 PM
I've been reading the X-Men since the early 80's, and I agree somewhat.

While Morrison's NEW X-MEN remains my favorite run period, this is the best time in terms of quality AND quantity. There isn't one throw-away book in the bunch, yet.

Either way, I think we can all agree Ellis' ASTONISHING X-MEN: SECOND STAGE will be great.

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g123/frog-pond/astroxmen_full.jpg

If Cassaday was staying on, yes. We could all agree.

With Bianchi? Maybe not.

Kefky
03-17-2008, 05:22 PM
edit: also I had to put him in that list, cuz the man sells books. clearly somebody likes him.

I wouldn't be too sure about that. The Phoenix mini he did with Pak sold about 50k IIRC, which is just regular for an x-men mini. UFF sold around 60-70k a month which is remarkably low for Millar. And Ultimate Power was just a flop. It shed half its reads by the time it was over.

I can't think of any more high profile gigs he's gotten, but in those, he definitely didn't help. It seems more like marvel's trying to sell him as top-notch talent and not really succeeding.

HOOKS
03-17-2008, 05:24 PM

From my recollection, their runs actually ended the issues before the Excalibur reunions. They merely stayed on to basically write dialogue since editorial was mandating everything at that point.

So their runs lasted for... nine issues a piece. But they were some very well-written nine issues.

RebootedCorpse
03-17-2008, 05:24 PM
Not quite
http://www.coverbrowser.com/image/uncanny-x-men/135-20.jpg

Xorn
03-17-2008, 05:25 PM
If Cassaday was staying on, yes. We could all agree.

With Bianchi? Maybe not.

what is wrong with bianchi? his art is soooooo nice to look at

Fake Pat
03-17-2008, 05:27 PM
what is wrong with bianchi? his art is soooooo nice to look at

I disagree. Especially as an interior guy.

Fake Pat
03-17-2008, 05:28 PM
Not quite

Nope. AXM is better. :)

RebootedCorpse
03-17-2008, 05:30 PM
Nope. AXM is better. :)

The boo actually made sense at that point. Now it's just convoluted drivel posing as complexity.

Fake Pat
03-17-2008, 05:31 PM
The boo actually made sense at that point. Now it's just convoluted drivel posing as complexity.

Nope. It isn't. :)

I can do this all night.

Masculine Todd
03-17-2008, 05:45 PM
also I had to put him in that list, cuz the man sells books. clearly somebody likes him.

Clearly. I'm one of his fans.

I wouldn't be too sure about that. The Phoenix mini he did with Pak sold about 50k IIRC, which is just regular for an x-men mini. UFF sold around 60-70k a month which is remarkably low for Millar. And Ultimate Power was just a flop. It shed half its reads by the time it was over.

Let's be fair: Phoenix had multiple sell outs and second printings (third with the first issue) for each issue. I'm confident it sold well. Ultimate FF has always been a tough sell - the FF in general is a franchise that rarely sees the Top 10. Waid/Ringo never hit above 70K. Ultimate Power sold well initially, but delays and the lack of support/death of the series in relation to Squadron Supreme crippled it.

Fake Pat
03-17-2008, 06:36 PM
Did they confirm anywhere what issues the artists are doing?

I know Fraction's doing 501-503, but I can't remember reading which art team is doing it.

His ign interview makes it sound like Dodson. (fingers crossed)

Fake Pat
03-17-2008, 06:47 PM
Nevermind.

Land is doing Fraction's issues.

fuck...

Kefky
03-17-2008, 06:48 PM
His ign interview makes it sound like Dodson. (fingers crossed)

I remember one of the first interviews saying it would be Land... :-?

Fake Pat
03-17-2008, 06:49 PM
I remember one of the first interviews saying it would be Land... :-?

Yeah, it is. Dodson confirms it on ign.

Shit. Oh well, it's Fraction and he's gonna use Pixie and Dazzler. :rock:

Come on Kefky, we can get through this!

Kefky
03-17-2008, 06:56 PM

Yea, yea, I'll live. :)

But even if I liked Land's art, I'd still be saying that he's bad fit for Fraction. You need an artist with a really dynamic style to keep up with the man's insanity.

joeAR
03-17-2008, 06:57 PM
Not quite

Yes but there wasn't an X-Men line. It was just Uncanny. The X-Line as a whole is freaking amazing right now(and in my opinion, the best the entire line has been)

NickT
03-17-2008, 06:57 PM

Dazzler? Why?

joeAR
03-17-2008, 06:58 PM
Look, I'm in the same boat.

The sooner we learn to accept it, the sooner we'll be able to stop hating ourselves for it.

Come on! Do it for Fraction! DO IT FOR PIXIE!!!

Words fail to express how excited I am about Pixie being in Uncanny.

Fake Pat
03-17-2008, 07:01 PM
Words fail to express how excited I am about Pixie being in Uncanny.

I hear you.

And I can't believe I'm turning into one of those creepy X-Men fans with their bizarre random fixations on certain characters.

Fake Pat
Dazzler? Why?

Because he can. He's Matt Fucking Fraction.

Come on, if anybody can make her work, it's him.

NickT
One thing confuses me a little. They're talking about the constant Uncanny members as basically being the Astonishing team. Are we going to see them divide between the books, or be in both?

I dunno, seems a little odd to have all these mutants but keep using the same 5ish in multiple books

Fake Pat
03-17-2008, 07:03 PM
One thing confuses me a little. They're talking about the constant Uncanny members as basically being the Astonishing team. Are we going to see them divide between the books, or be in both?

I dunno, seems a little odd to have all these mutants but keep using the same 5ish in multiple books

Fraction has said Uncanny isn't really gonna have a set team.

They're gonna rotate characters in and out as the story dictates.

NickT
03-17-2008, 07:06 PM
Fraction has said Uncanny isn't really gonna have a set team.

They're gonna rotate characters in and out as the story dictates.
I came straight from the interview :)

IGN Comics: The way the X-books have been set up lately is that each book follows a different subsection of the team and most of the characters don't cross over or inhabit multiple books. You're saying Uncanny is going to focus on the entire lineup of the X-Men?

Fraction: Right. I mean, your core group of guys will always be there Cyclops, Emma, Wolverine, Beast, Nightcrawler, Colossus but the tertiary characters will rotate in and out of the book. Pixie is going to be a big character. She's going to be our Kitty Pryde or Jubilee character for this story. She'll be popping up a lot. Karma makes an appearance in issue #501, but she's not going to necessarily be a regular team member. It's organically structured in the way that we can focus on the whole X-Men family, you know what I mean?
Sounds like a core six with rotating extras.

Kefky
03-17-2008, 07:06 PM
I'm really happy about that. I always thought the x-men worked better when they were more scattered. They're not just a superhero team, they're an entire race.

Fake Pat
03-17-2008, 07:08 PM
I came straight from the interview :)

Sounds like a core six with rotating extras.

Oh, oops.

Well, we'll see how much focus is actually on all of them at once.

NickT
03-17-2008, 07:12 PM
Oh, oops.

Well, we'll see how much focus is actually on all of them at once.
Plus we don't even know what Ellis is doing really yet :)

It just seems like it would be a bit of a shame to have all these really interesting potential X-Men, enough to give multiple books a good lineup and still have a few of the big few in it, but then keep your eyes on the same few.

I suppose on the other hand, it'd be silly to have the X-Men split up but then have them all stay together.

Fake Pat
03-17-2008, 07:21 PM
WOW. Insane theory I just came up with/borderline fan-fiction:

What if Dazzler is the one behind what's going on in San Fran right now in Uncanny? Dazzler ends up in San Fran performing (she does have a decent gay following in real life, right? I know that's kinda stereotypical with the SF=gay thing but hear me out), and what goes along with the disco/SF lifestyle/fall from fame? Drugs (again, I know kinda stereotypical, but still...). She accidently gets a dose of MGH, and it amps her light powers up to the point where she can make illusions. That's why SF is one big love-in/dance party. They gotta keep the music going in that house that she's in/keep her strung out to keep the show going.

Am I just crazy, or what?

WilliamRichard1985
03-17-2008, 07:21 PM
Read through some issues during MC and some of Bru's issues.

Nothing really jumped out at me as above average or great.

If anything,this is the best time to be an Avengers fan.The solo Cap,Thor,Iron Man and Hulk books all kicking ass at the same time,

King of Mars
03-17-2008, 07:29 PM

.Is Lobdell still working? I can't remember the last time I saw his name associated with an ongoing book.

Kefky
03-17-2008, 07:35 PM
Last thing he did for marvel was that really awful alpha flight series. I think he's done some creator-owned stuff since then, though.

Masculine Todd
03-19-2008, 09:06 AM
I wish Joe Kelly would do some X-Work again.

Roman Noodles
03-19-2008, 09:07 AM
Brubaker's X-Men still doesn't do much for me. But the X-Men are really on a serious high right now.

Just to avoid confusion, I like Brubaker's IDEAS I just don't really like the execution of said ideas. The series still has tons of potential.

Fake Pat
03-19-2008, 09:08 AM
Brubaker's X-Men still doesn't do much for me. But the X-Men are really on a serious high right now.

Just to avoid confusion, I like Brubaker's IDEAS I just don't really like the execution of said ideas. The series still has tons of potential.

Yeah, it really hasn't been for me either. But I think a healthy dose of Fraction will be more than enough to get me going.

Gregory
03-19-2008, 09:11 AM

Double-plus agreed.

I don't see how any current franchise can match my absolute joy of finding the new Uncanny X-Men on the pharmacy magazine rack when I was in high school (late '80s). Those comics were spun gold to me then, and my nostalgia spackles over any flaws when I re-read them.

I came into the X-Men just as the first Brood arc was ending, and Claremont was rolling. For about 80 issues, I was a junkie for that title.

John Drake
03-19-2008, 09:17 AM
Yeah, it really hasn't been for me either. But I think a healthy dose of Fraction will be more than enough to get me going.

Agreed. But I've liked this current arc a lot. Especially the Logan/Peter/Kurt scenes.

Gregory
03-19-2008, 09:21 AM
Agreed. But I've liked this current arc a lot. Especially the Logan/Peter/Kurt scenes.

The Juggernaut line had me laughing out loud. Nice nod to a single issue that was published 20 years ago.

Masculine Todd
03-19-2008, 09:41 AM

I didn't particularly enjoy the initial year of Brubaker's run on Uncanny. The characters felt neglected and the focus was squarely on Vulcan and the internal strife of the Shi'ar empire. I've never been interested in X-Men stories dealing with the Shi'ar or their space endeavors. That said, once we moved into Messiah Complex, things picked up, and the first issue with Choi was gold.

Roman Noodles
03-19-2008, 09:44 AM
I didn't particularly enjoy the initial year of Brubaker's run on Uncanny. The characters felt neglected and the focus was squarely on Vulcan and the internal strife of the Shi'ar empire. I've never been interested in X-Men stories dealing with the Shi'ar or their space endeavors. That said, once we moved into Messiah Complex, things picked up, and the first issue with Choi was gold.

I actually enjoy the Sh'iar stories. I liked the spinoff X-Men: Emperor Vulcan. Plus, I liked what he did with Rachel (Marvel Girl), but the whole thing just felt like it was a story that was leading up to something, but it just never got there. It was rather frustrating to me. God, Messiah Complex rocked though.

John Drake
03-19-2008, 09:53 AM
The Juggernaut line had me laughing out loud. Nice nod to a single issue that was published 20 years ago.

Yes!

Josh!
03-19-2008, 10:01 AM
For me, the X-books, as a whole, are the best they've been in years. I came to the X-Men at 11, so all of the Lobdell stuff has a special place in my heart. But, after he left, it seemed there was always only one solid title (Morrison's New X-Men, Whedon's Astonishing) and a lot of crap.

I think the turning point, for me at least, was when Brubaker took over for Claremont and Carey for Milligan (whose run was a huge disappointment for me... I expected him to be the logical extension of Morrison, instead, we had more Chuck Austen-type stories... it's cool if you like them, I didn't).

BUT

While the line of books are solid (as I said, the best in years), I'm starting to get a little tired with them. Maybe that's what happens when you've followed a book for 15 years. The stories are good, but they're nothing compared to the excitement and sense of awesome I get when I read Avengers books today.

Somewhat related: What's all this Pixie love about? I don't know too much about the character. She's got wings and spots on her cheeks. Why is everyone so jazzed about her joining the cast in Uncanny? (I'm not trying to be insulting or anything, I'm genuinely curious).

Gregory
03-19-2008, 10:03 AM
While the line of books are solid (as I said, the best in years), I'm starting to get a little tired with them. Maybe that's what happens when you've followed a book for 15 years. The stories are good, but they're nothing compared to the excitement and sense of awesome I get when I read Avengers books today.

The X-franchise has a definite formula: One step forward, two steps back. Beat the bad guys, lose the mansion. End a threat, lose Xavier. Survive, lose a teammate. Every victory has a drawback.

Fake Pat
03-19-2008, 10:07 AM
For me, the X-books, as a whole, are the best they've been in years. I came to the X-Men at 11, so all of the Lobdell stuff has a special place in my heart. But, after he left, it seemed there was always only one solid title (Morrison's New X-Men, Whedon's Astonishing) and a lot of crap.

I think the turning point, for me at least, was when Brubaker took over for Claremont and Carey for Milligan (whose run was a huge disappointment for me... I expected him to be the logical extension of Morrison, instead, we had more Chuck Austen-type stories... it's cool if you like them, I didn't).

BUT

Somewhat related: What's all this Pixie love about? I don't know too much about the character. She's got wings and spots on her cheeks. Why is everyone so jazzed about her joining the cast in Uncanny? (I'm not trying to be insulting or anything, I'm genuinely curious).

To tell you the truth, I barely know myself.

I think in general I'm just jazzed to see any of the New X-Men move up the ranks as I just was starting to get into them.

And to be fair, she did have a lot of development in the last NXM arc before MC, and arguably one of the greatest badass moments in MC as well.

Roman Noodles
03-19-2008, 10:09 AM
Pixie is awesome dude. Go read the Quest For Magik New X-Men arc. :rock: I hope to see more of the New X-Men in the X-men since I loved that series.

Josh!
03-19-2008, 10:14 AM
Sounds good. I love Scottie Young, so I'll definitely read that trade.

Glixy
03-19-2008, 10:21 AM
Its really good now, but I miss the days of Claremont/Lee. The outer space arc, then the Muir island stuff...

I loved Whilce on X-Factor, the Apoc on the Moon arc, and I loved those last 20 or so issues of New Mutants...

In other news, I'm SUPER PSYCHED about Stroman and David back together on X-Factor that is going to rock SO FREAKIN HARD!

Zac Goyette
03-19-2008, 10:46 AM

Agreed! I can't remember a time when there has been this much quality in the industry. Some indy books are really getting some attention. DC is doing some amazing things with the Green Lantern Books, Batman Books, and Superman Books. I can't remember a time when the Avengers and the X-Men were this strong at the same time, and a lot of Marvel's lower tier characters are really getting a chance to shine.

Zac Goyette
03-19-2008, 10:48 AM
This is one of the best periods for the X-Men ever! Whedon, Brubaker, Carey, David, Yost, and Kyle are as strong if not stronger than any writing team the X-Men have ever had. The art is top notch as well. This is indeed a great time to be a fan of the X-Men.