PDA

View Full Version : Chaykin Writing Squadron Supreme!!

S. Earl
03-16-2008, 11:33 AM
My head just exploded - IT EXPLODED!
Awesome news.

http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=150270

Kefky
03-16-2008, 11:36 AM
o_O

Ray G.
03-16-2008, 11:38 AM
Wow!

I AM GROOT!
03-16-2008, 11:38 AM
Hmm, interesting. Not the writer I was thinking of for this title. Lately, I've been kind of lukewarm on Chaykin's work (although his earlier work was great), so I guess we'll have to see.

S. Earl
03-16-2008, 11:40 AM
Hmm, interesting. Not the writer I was thinking of for this title. Lately, I've been kind of lukewarm on Chaykin's work (although his earlier work was great), so I guess we'll have to see.

What was the last thing he wrote that you read? If he brings his American Century quality skills to this book, then it will be a must read.

Dusty
03-16-2008, 11:40 AM
is this Marco Turini any good?

S. Earl
03-16-2008, 11:44 AM
is this Marco Turini any good?

http://www.marcoturini.com/comics.php

Looks pretty good... kinda of a Humanoids vibe - which is welcome.

I AM GROOT!
03-16-2008, 11:45 AM
What was the last thing he wrote that you read? If he brings his American Century quality skills to this book, then it will be a must read.

That Challengers of the Unknown limited series he did for DC, which I thought was kind of a mess. I was expecting more along the lines of his American Flagg style, but it was just a disappointment. I did read American Century and enjoyed that, but I think that ended a bit earlier (2002 or 2003, I think).

Kefky
03-16-2008, 11:46 AM
Okay, after reading the interview I think this could be pretty good. We'll see how it goes.

bartleby
03-16-2008, 11:54 AM

Just a warning. Some of those pages are a little on the NSFW side.

LenNWallace
03-16-2008, 11:55 AM
Yeah, now that's something I can absolutely get behind.

Roman Noodles
03-16-2008, 11:58 AM
:ecstatic: Hyperion LIVES!!! :rock:

Dusty
03-16-2008, 11:58 AM

Yeah, it does look pretty good. I'm a bit surprised that they aren't going with a name artist like Gary Frank and Mike Deodato are, but this guy looks like he's got a nice style. We'll see.

Sam Little
03-16-2008, 12:01 PM
Hmm. Chaykin seems like he'd be a good fit for this. I may have to jump back on.

kylethoreau
03-16-2008, 12:05 PM
interesting the timing that this announcement was made but honestly I'll take a look at it but I'm really of the opinion that they should just let this die. This stems mostly from my feelings that the original plan for the series has shifted so drastically from it's original course that i have a hard time even caring anymore.

but eh.

S. Earl
03-16-2008, 12:11 PM
interesting the timing that this announcement was made but honestly I'll take a look at it but I'm really of the opinion that they should just let this die. This stems mostly from my feelings that the original plan for the series has shifted so drastically from it's original course that i have a hard time even caring anymore.

but eh.

I would have the same opinion if anyone other then Chaykin was writing it. His creator owned work over the years kind of lends itself to the world that JMS set up in the original max title.

Jason California
03-16-2008, 12:12 PM
Wow, this awesome timing for me!

Chaykin is probably one a the few people that I would look forward to on this.

SO now I wait untril the new launch is announced, then start catching up on what I missed.

killingyouguy
03-16-2008, 01:24 PM
Definately going to pick this up. Turini looks like a pretty solid artist as well.

Xorn
03-16-2008, 01:39 PM
yeeeeeeehaaaaa! now put it back to MAX were it belongs and everything's gonna be allright.

WNCE
03-16-2008, 02:26 PM
I'm happy that this story is being continued but when I read the interview, I didn't like the idea of skipping two years ahead, I'd like closure to the last arc. Also when Ultimate Power occured, Nick Fury got stuck in the Supreme-averse but did he still have two arms or one following Ultimates 2? Is it confusing, continuity wise?

Jason California
03-16-2008, 02:34 PM
I'm happy that this story is being continued but when I read the interview, I didn't like the idea of skipping two years ahead, I'd like closure to the last arc. Also when Ultimate Power occured, Nick Fury got stuck in the Supreme-averse but did he still have two arms or one following Ultimates 2? Is it confusing, continuity wise?

It was addressed

he has a fake robo arm the looks human

Mattman
03-16-2008, 02:34 PM
Unless they intend to return the book to its MAX-roots I'm really not interested.

WNCE
03-16-2008, 02:42 PM
It was addressed

he has a fake robo arm the looks human

Thanks.

Jason California
03-16-2008, 02:43 PM
Thanks.

It's what I am here for.

Thudpucker
03-16-2008, 02:49 PM
Why is the Batman character so big? Is he a Giant-Bat-Man now?

WNCE
03-16-2008, 02:51 PM
It's what I am here for.

I've been wondering about that for a while now, it all makes sense.

Also i'm not that bothered about the book not returning to Max, i'm concerned whether Chaykin will destroy the book. It has been so good and I love the book, but i'd hate to see it go down the shitter.

Jason California
03-16-2008, 02:55 PM
I've been wondering about that for a while now, it all makes sense.

Also i'm not that bothered about the book not returning to Max, i'm concerned whether Chaykin will destroy the book. It has been so good and I love the book, but i'd hate to see it go down the shitter.

I actually started a thread on this the other day asking if I should pick up SS with its future in limbo. I have only read SP and have been hesitant to pick the continuation up with its lukewarm reviews and that last 2 year or so with nothing new. It is almost as if I was picking up the vibes form Marvel that this was about to come out.

The Hodag
03-16-2008, 03:29 PM
Interesting choice, but Chaykin's pretty ferociously non-commercial as a writer. It's hard for me to imagine his continuation of Squadron Supreme really taking off.

Thommy Melanson
03-16-2008, 03:34 PM
Chaykin is a perfect fit for this book.

Must add to pull list.

Shade
03-16-2008, 04:00 PM

but eh.

Yeah, I kinda agree with you. Ever since it left MAX the book went downhill.

and Chaykin hasn't really interested me in years.

BenC (formerly Ape-X)
03-16-2008, 04:12 PM
Wow - with Chaykin on board I really wish they would return to MAX but hey, I'm just glad the book is back! And they new artist looks pretty good... fingers crossed for a return to glory for the Squad!

IPeacock
03-16-2008, 08:03 PM

Thats really nice actually.

I wish it stayed MAX though. I wonder if you're allowed to kill a puppy with your heat vison in a Mavel Knights book.

juampi
03-16-2008, 08:06 PM
The artist reminds me a lot of early Enki Bilal...a very good thing in my book.

Mwstattel
03-17-2008, 08:16 AM
I might check it out as long as he doesn't draw it.