PDA

View Full Version : So, I saw Chuck Klosterman tonight...

Nick Spencer
03-06-2008, 07:27 PM
I was front row, and center, like three feet from my favorite writer, at the Highline Ballroom in Chelsea tonight.

He did a reading from his first foray into fiction, 'Midnight Owl', which won't even be out be for like 6 months.

Even better, the whole thing was hosted/moderated... by fucking IRA GLASS. How about THAT?

I love you, New York.

It was un-be-lievable.

I asked him if he thought he jinxed the New England Patriots. He seemed to like that.

The book is gonna be great. He might not like this comparison (he kinda seemed uncomfortable when asked about writers who inspired/influenced him), but the excerpt felt very Hornby-esque to me.

And Jesus, is Highline a beautiful venue, or what? Wow.

So... yeah. I had a good night. Chuck talked Juno, LOST, KISS, Band of Horses, Wayne's World, Facebook, and more. Hilarious, as always.

Nights like tonight make me very glad I moved here. Last time I saw Chuck was in a Barnes & Noble with like 15 other people. This was... a little better.

Albert
03-06-2008, 07:37 PM
Awesome. Did you go with Dave S. and the TA?

greg donovan
03-06-2008, 07:39 PM
he is a pretty cool guy.

had a beer with him when he lived in fargo writing for the forum. we talked about how he thought it was easier (and more fun) to review bad movies.

Nick Spencer
03-06-2008, 07:40 PM
Awesome. Did you go with Dave S. and the TA?

HA

HA

HA

:)

This is what I get for not taking a picture.

Nick Spencer
03-06-2008, 08:14 PM
he is a pretty cool guy.

had a beer with him when he lived in fargo writing for the forum. we talked about how he thought it was easier (and more fun) to review bad movies.

He talked a lot tonight about emotional detachment from media and how it's a necessity for any critic.

tenaciousxtiff
03-06-2008, 08:28 PM
I have passed his books a few times with interest in reading them, but never got around to buying them.
He recently came to my school, where, because I knew nothing of him really, i missed out on seeing him.

But congrats on seeing him and all! You're lucky!

Buk Was Right
03-06-2008, 08:30 PM
Awesome. I looooooove Chuck Klosterman.

I re read Sex Drugs and Coco Puffs constantly.