PDA

View Full Version : Yost, Kyle and Crain's X-Force #1

PeteL
03-06-2008, 08:24 AM
Read it last night. It was a fine comic. Wish I knew a bit more about what's going on in the X world, but it was an enjoyable read regardless.

Looking forward to reading issue # 2 tonight.

Roman Noodles
03-06-2008, 08:29 AM
All I have to say to anyone who wants a feel of the X-World is pick up the Essential X-Men trades and Pick up Morrison's New X-Men, that's all you need.

PeteL
03-06-2008, 08:33 AM
All I have to say to anyone who wants a feel of the X-World is pick up the Essential X-Men trades and Pick up Morrison's New X-Men, that's all you need.

I guess you did care for this comic then?

Bill!
03-06-2008, 08:34 AM

I disagree. In fact, I think these new releases of X-men by Bru, Carey, and Yost/Kyle are superior to most if not all of Claremont's work. Morrison's New X-men is great, but only for about the first half. I've been reading the Essentials in order, and while good, sometimes they are laughably bad.

Marc Lombardi
03-06-2008, 09:13 AM
But what about when those stories are read and you want more? What's wrong with a comic like the new XForce?

So what was it about this, Pete, that made you like it so much? I was curious about it, but since I already got Cable #1 I figured I'd be too much of a fish outta water reading both of these with no clue as to what's going on in the X-Books.

Roman Noodles
03-06-2008, 09:19 AM
I disagree. In fact, I think these new releases of X-men by Bru, Carey, and Yost/Kyle are superior to most if not all of Claremont's work. Morrison's New X-men is great, but only for about the first half. I've been reading the Essentials in order, and while good, sometimes they are laughably bad.

I'm not judging the quality of anything, I'm merely saying if you want to FIND OUT more about the X-World you need to read Claremont's stuff, it's the building blocks of the whole X-Universe. And I quite enjoyed the first 100 or so Claremont issues . . . then it starts to taper off.

and no offense to Brubaker, but I'm not a big fan of his X-Men, it's picked up as of late, but it was kinda boring for awhile, the Sh'iar storyline had alot of potential but it never really got anywhere to me.

EDIT: Cary and Kyle/Yost have done fantastic work on the X-Franchises, but if you are a new reader, it would help to know a little x-history.

Roman Noodles
03-06-2008, 09:22 AM
But what about when those stories are read and you want more? What's wrong with a comic like the new XForce?

So what was it about this, Pete, that made you like it so much? I was curious about it, but since I already got Cable #1 I figured I'd be too much of a fish outta water reading both of these with no clue as to what's going on in the X-Books.

That's not what I meant, I'm saying that if you want to know more about the x-universe, start at the beginning. I loved X-Force #1. You can read anything you like after that.

Tim Simmons
03-06-2008, 09:50 AM
I like to call them the "stabby team"!

Marc Lombardi
03-06-2008, 10:01 AM
That's not what I meant, I'm saying that if you want to know more about the x-universe, start at the beginning. I loved X-Force #1. You can read anything you like after that.
Ah. It's the "That's all you need" part that misled me. Sorry.

Roman Noodles
03-06-2008, 10:03 AM
Ah. It's the "That's all you need" part that misled me. Sorry.

Nah, it's my bad. I was referring to one particular thing he mentioned, about wishing he knew more about the X-Verse or something.

PeteL
03-06-2008, 10:31 AM
Nah, it's my bad. I was referring to one particular thing he mentioned, about wishing he knew more about the X-Verse or something.

Ah, I understand now. Not so much the x verse in its entirety, just what's been going on in the last 2 or 3 years.

And, Marc, I enjoyed this issue because it's all black ops violent weirdness. And the art is stellar.

joeAR
03-10-2008, 02:11 PM
Just read issues 1 and 2 and I loved it. The fact that Bastion is up and operative again gave me a fanboy erection.